[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/csg/ Combat Sports General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Gustafsson.jpg (40KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Gustafsson.jpg
40KB, 630x420px
COMBAT SPORTS GENERAL

forcing the meme

>Why start learning?
Defend yourself without going to court for a manslaughter charge.
It's fun as fuck, and a way to entertain yourself without vidya.
It's non-boring cardio.

>What start learning?
If you're interested in striking arts, try boxing, or Muay Thai if you're less interested in mobility, head movement, but more interested in learning elbows, knees, and kicks.

>But grappling?
BJJ schools are the easiest to come by, but wrestling is going to give you the most control on the ground, while also letting you decide to stay standing if you don't want to be taken down.

Catch wrestling is for sick cunts, if you can find a gym for it.
http://snakepitusa.com/about-us/locations/

>LIFTING FOR COMBAT SPORTS
You're going to want to develop explosive ability for high reps, especially in your lower body. Do something like Westside for Skinny Bastards III
https://www.defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3/
That's
MONDAY – Max-Effort Upper Body
TUESDAY – Dynamic-Effort Lower Body
WEDNESDAY – Off
THURSDAY – Repetition Upper Body
FRIDAY – Max-Effort Lower Body
SATURDAY – Off
SUNDAY – Off

Be wary of pseudoscience regarding martial arts (not just trad martial art kata faggotry).
While routines with high-volume pull ups and dips have their uses, even Western boxers are notorious for things like chugging their own piss.

>Weight cutting basics
http://www.grapplearts.com/how-to-cut-and-make-weight/

>m-muh Krav Maga
>>
No jiu jitsu meets scheduled in my country. Should I go to the park and choke out a hobo instead?
>>
bamp because i appreciate the effore you put into making this. you might be a bit autistic but thats ok. last time we had a fighting sports general it died out rather quickly, here's hoping this sticks around for more time
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 544x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 544x520px
Anyone good at cutting water weight for weigh ins? I'm at 190lb now, looking to get down to compete at 175lb for a Jiu Jistu tourney in several weeks. I've never tried cutting large amounts of weight at once, but I can typically get down to 182 pretty easy. I probably won't have the time to lose only fat prior to the date, so I think cutting water last minute maybe necessary to hit the mark.

Does anyone have any good info for how much you can safely drop safely in the days leading up to it?
>>
>>40148863
GSP lifted for girls, he said so himself
>>
File: 1485369077452.jpg (124KB, 878x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485369077452.jpg
124KB, 878x1200px
>>40148863
I recommend drinking hella water in the weeks before the tourney, and then refraining from drinking water for a good 18 hours before.

Your body will still be urinating at the same rate, so you'll flush out a lot.
>>
>>40148627
travel
>>
Go to /asp/
>>
>>40148863
>cutting for jiu jitsu
if it's not an important tournament, don't
>>
Intermediate muay thai here, went to my first jitz class, decided this was the year I learned these skills. Great class, very friendly people, one on one with an assistant coach, covered bridging, shrimping, and escapes from side control and full mount. They told me I have a one month grace period to get "#jitzlife" tattooed across my chest.
>>
I'm 20, if I do a boxing class will everyone be 15? and will it be kinda awkward?
>>
Thinking of picking up boxing to learn how to fight but mainly keep fit, 2 regular workouts high weight low rep a week and 2 boxing sessions to keep fit instead of bulking.

If i keep eating like im bulking and do this what'll happen?
>>
>>40150286
Also, thoughts on teaching myself how to box by ordering a punching bag and just training by myself or with a mate?
>>
>>40150076
Not sure about boxing, but the gyms where I have trained muay thai have had one class for 16+ and one for kids. Don't worry about it, you'll probably be one of the younger ones.
>>
>>40150814
Unless your mate is a good boxer and teacher, it's a pretty bad idea. Without proper teaching you'll probably end up with bad habits
>>
>>40150829
It just seems all the gyms around me seem to either be really expensive or all about warming up, stretches, slow and dull boxing. Atleast with a punching bag i know i'd be getting a decent workout
>>
>>40150849
If you're looking for a decent workout you might aswell just jerk off your friend for an hour.

There's a reason you warm up, stretch and start out "slow and dull". It's because you are shit and if you aren't already humble you will be after some 17 year old kid embarrasses you after you insisted on sparring before even learning proper foot work.

I can't comment on the price. You're a whiny little bitch, guy
>>
>>40150814
turrible erneh, just turrible. you're going to pick up shitty habits and hurt yourself.
>>
>>40148304
>BJJ schools are the easiest to come by, but wrestling is going to give you the most control on the ground,

this always makes me lel

bjj>wrestling
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5HySCbpInU

First time competing in no gi as a brown belt. I won but still feel rusty af after all the years focusing on gi only.
>>
>>40151545
if it's just one or the other, yes
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.