[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 34

File: 1485180027056.jpg (86KB, 520x678px)
1485180027056.jpg
86KB, 520x678px
I keep slipping...
/Fit/, what is the true secret to constantly staying full on a cut?

Should I literally chug water 24/7? I'm so close to my goal weight
>>
>>40147857
Intermittent fasting and caffeine. Also celery.
>>
Is it okay to eat honey on a cut?
>>
>>40147872
More secrets pls
>>
>>40147857
how do i make my muscles and my body harder ?
i know it's autistic but in fighting sports i always feel like i'm being devastated by every hits.
i want to be carved out of fucking wood
i'm 6' and 165 pounds
>>
File: 1480210003562.png (321KB, 1645x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1480210003562.png
321KB, 1645x1204px
Do stair machines count for lunges/leg work outs or cardio?
>>
File: DL_form.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DL_form.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I'm a beginner lifter. This is my second time deadlifting.

How's my form?

Attempting: 200 lbs deadlift

Stats:
>age: 18
>height: 5'8.5"
>weight: 153 lbs
>>
>>40148437
There is literally a deadlifting platform behind you, use it.
>>
Is there anything inherently wrong with doing chest/triceps, back/biceps split?
>>
>>40148437
Relax your arms, they're strings holding the barbell to your upperbody and push your chest more up/forward. But it looks fine I guess but I'm no expert.
>>
I know you're not supposed to deadlift with your lower back, but is it normal for your lower back to feel kind of tight after deadlifting? It's not really soreness or pain it's just like tightness
>>
>>40148437
Looks alright. Be sure to control the bar on the way down, just dropping it like that could tweak your back.
>>
>>40149641
Sounds pretty normal... lower back pump feels 'hard' to me anyway.
>>
>>40147857
What are good accessory lifts when doing SS? I'm currently doing curls and wide grip pull ups. About a month working out.

Extra info
>weak back so trying to improve that
>skinnyfat
>>
File: snapshot28.jpg (734KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot28.jpg
734KB, 1920x1080px
>>40147857
What are some things that make your body use up protein that could otherwise go towards muscle growth?

I'm thinking biting your nails as well as the skin around them, and ejaculating. Any other?
>>
File: IMG_3717.jpg (177KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3717.jpg
177KB, 720x960px
I go to planet fitness because that is the only gym anywhere close to me. How can I dead lift at a gym that only has a smith machine.
>>
>>40150439
Lateral raises, neutral grip pullups, some forearm work...

Don't go too crazy on accessory lifts though if you want to do an orthodox SS. Rippetoe reccommends choosing one or two accessories in areas you think need work and no more, focus on compounds.
>>
>>40150864
Alright I'll do some extra back work. Thanks.
>>
Is there a reason no to do low intensity cardio as much as you can? Lets say I'm a neet and can go for a 3 hour walks two times a day, would it be beneficial to weight loss? Would it still be unhealthy to lose more then 2 pounds a week this way?
>>
are dumbbell shrugs a good way to build thicc trapezius muscles? what else should i be doing?
>>
>>40150860
You can do straight leg deadlifts with dumbells
>>
>>40148404
literally get hit more. The thai hit their shins with bamboo and wood sticks. The japanese punch posts with rope bound around them. The chinese (at least in wing chun) use those wooden dummy guys and just whack them. Small stress fractures can help harden bones (anecdotally, idk the science) over time.
Also stop being such a skeleton. Why are you 165 at 6'?
>>
>>40151849
Yeah they are fine, you can do lots more weight with deadlifts though.
>>
>>40151849
Heavy rack pulls are bist.
>>
Need some bicep ideas lads, i fucking HATE doing hammer curls. Cant do barbell curves because my left forearm is 1-2inches bigger than my right because of bad form when i first started. honestly cba to fix it.
>>
>>40151901
>>40151906
im trying to find room to do these. all of my compound lifts are in my homegym, and then i have a PF membership for cardio/isolation stuff/dumbbells
>>
>>40148404
>6'0''
>160lbs
>mucle
Eat, you have no muscle
>>
>>40149641
Yes, deadlifting works your spinal erectors.

>>40150439
Calf raises. Dips Lateral raises and facepulls. Do your pull-ups with a normal grip. Wide grip is a meme.

>>40151915
Just do dumbbell supinating curls.
>>
>>40149641
You use your lower back in deadlifts even if you aren't pulling the entire load with it.
If it's doms youre okay, if not it is your form.
>>
File: facepulls.jpg (114KB, 1046x543px) Image search: [Google]
facepulls.jpg
114KB, 1046x543px
I have a lot of shoulder pain when I bench press. I am considering adding facepulls to my routine to help my scapula.

I've heard two different techniques regarding form. I've head to keep my elbows above my wrists and I've also head that I need to keep my wrists above my elbows. Which is it?

Also, regarding benchpress form, can I tighten my back too much? Every video I watch makes it sound like I want my shoulder blades to be pulled back so far that they are touching, but I am starting to think that if I stop pulling my shoulder blades back that far, I might have more stability and strength in my shoulders.
>>
>>40147916
Yea just not a shit ton retard
>>
File: Meal Plan.png (64KB, 1709x468px) Image search: [Google]
Meal Plan.png
64KB, 1709x468px
Keto/IF Meal Plan. This will be my strict consumption plan for 3 months.

Sunday will be my whatever day. I'm not sure if cyclical keto is a thing, was wondering if I could go over my carbs (only by a bit) but will likely stick to the plan and just concoct stupid shit and maybe a quest bar.

Get a critique? Also how much do ya'll spend on food in a month on average?
>>
For the next 13 weeks I can only hit the gym for about 40 minutes, 3 times per week.

What's the best thing to do to minimize strength losses. I'm also cutting.

My current plan is PPL keeping weights high and sets low.
>>
>>40148404
Dirty bulk, worry later
>>
File: 1472464318058.jpg (181KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1472464318058.jpg
181KB, 600x1067px
>>40147857
im hairy as fuck and i want to know whats a good full body shaver
>>
File: mybestshapeyet.jpg (68KB, 872x872px) Image search: [Google]
mybestshapeyet.jpg
68KB, 872x872px
Naturally enhanced or alpha body? Also, general thoughts on pic related
>>
>>40147916
Lots of sugar. If you're only having a bit its fine.

>>40148404
That's muscle density, bud. Maybe do some more calisthenic stuff with fighting sports? Good bodily movements will tighten up your business.

>>40148415
Stairmasters are pretty rad. Get the heart rate up and put a burn in your legs. I like doing that after my sets.

>>40148437
Relax your arms, bring your shoulders back you have them forward. Move your groin forward a bit more at the top and bring it back down in a more controlled movement along your legs.

>>40148630
I'd need more information on your split here but are you just focusing on upper-body?

>>40151835
Low intensity cardio is fine if you're trying to lose weight and is a good baseline as long as you're combining it with a good diet. But a proper diet is 99% of losing weight.

>>40151915
Supinating curls. Do hammer curls anyways, dunno what else to tell ya.

>>40152210
Try not pulling your shoulders back so much. Keeping it that tight just seems terribly awkward and an odd way to cause yourself agony.

>>40152292
This seems fine. If you're that tied up you can spend a few bucks on a pull-up bar or dip station and catch that whenever you walk past it. I don't reckon you'll see drastic loss.

>>40152392
Nair. Literally... everywhere.

>>40152397
I have no idea what that means or who that is. Great traps though.
>>
Are morning or evening workouts better? Or is it just related to what's most convenient in the schedule?
>>
>>40152447
I prefer working out in the middle of the day after I've had lunch. I feel it is best to work out after having multiple meals because that is when I have the most energy.

It's up to you, whatever fits in your schedule and whenever you have the most energy.
>>
>>40152447
Eat and bang it out around 10 so you have time for other shit.
>>
>>40152427
>are you just focusing on upper body
No, I'm trying to train everything
>>
Does anyone have any extreme fat loss tips ?

Currentlyvim doing IF +PSMF + EC stack and alot of water.What is your opinion on lifting weights while fasted? Loooking up info about it seems like it makes your HGH shoot up and makes your body use more body fat esp from stubborn areas
>>
>>40152427
Is 3 teaspoons a bit? Honey
>>
>>40153110
Per day
>>
So the only gym in town dosent have a squat rack it has a smith machine. Is there any big problem if I use it to squat?
>>
>>40153272
not even close to as good as a normal squat, but it's better than doing nothing at all .
>>
>>40153291
Would I have to do more weight than usual to be like regular squats?
>>
So I have some dull pain in my middlefinger's tendon. Probably from bad grip during deadlift. This has been present for last 2 months and I have since then not strained it.

Gripping stuff and pushing makes the tendon hurt right at the callus. I've read that it might be an infection and that resting would heal it but I'm getting worried now.

Anyone experienced this, if so, how did you fix it?
>>
>>40153330
it doesn't matter how much weight you do, you'll never be using proper form.

The problem with Smith machines is that it doesn't allow you to find the proper form and could potentially hurt you due to inability to discover it on your own. It also doesn't work stabilization joints which are vital to any free weights work.
>>
I'm 5'10, 165lbs, ~20%BF, havent lifted in about two years.
Wanna cut down to around 150lbs before i start bulking because i feel pretty shit about myself right now.

When cutting Is there any point in doing a program like SS, SL or anything high weight low rep? I figure my lifts arent gonna go up significantly while on a deficit.

I was thinking of doing a 3 day split, twice a week, going ABCABCx.

A- Chest/tri
B- Back/bi
C-Shoulder/legs

The routine would be compounds and accessory work all in the range of 3x10-15. I would also do some cardio.

After 1-2months id switch to a proper routine for gaining muscle.

Thoughts?
>>
When I do ab work, specifically cable crunches, am I supposed to feel like I'm nauseous? Like the muscles around my stomach are getting tight? I know this probably sounds dumb but I jut want to make sure I'm hitting the right spot/feeling it in the right muscles
>>
what kind of lifting routine should a fatass like me do, im 237lbs 6'1 eating about 1600 calories a day.
>>
>>40153515
reading the sticky 3x5
killing yourself 3x5
>>
>>40153565
sticky is whack as fuck, eat shit faggot.
>>
>>40153581
>i'm a fat slob and can't figure out a beginner lifting routine
>sticky is full of examples for beginners
>sticky is whack as fuck
>>
>>40153581
you're a retard, the sticky is there for a reason
>>
i recently started eating a lot of beans BC I'm a poor fag and need to get protein fit cheap, but when do the farts stop ?? do they eventually calm down or if this something I'm just gonna have to learn to deal with?? also I'm much more bloated than usual does this go away? or once again I'm just gonna have to learn to deal
>>
>>40153633
fiber-dense carbs = poots in the caboose

legumes are basically solidified farts.
>>
>>40153636
so i just have to live my life as a gassy mother fucker??
>>
>>40153654
there's some mom-science out there to reduce gas but basically the answer is "eat less beans".
>>
>>40147857
I keep slipping control of my ass when I deadlift.

Is this a common thing? I want to take a shit when I deadlift and sometimes I let out rancid farts while doing it.

Is this normal /fit/?
>>
>>40153701
It sounds like you should go to the bathroom before you lift.
>>
>>40151869
Yes you can.

You clearly don't sip then
>>
I've been on SL for a month now, for my diet I changed I eat less shit and everyday before I work out I eat lots of eggs. Right now on days I don't lift I don't eat much but it's usually all meat. Should I be eating tons of protein even on days I don't lift?
>>
>>40153803
I mean, just 1g per lb of lean body mass. Any more and you're just wasting it.
>>
>>40153709
It doesn't matter. It's like the lift opens my bowels up.
>>
>>40147857
does ab wheel work lower back?
my last session i had more pressure in my back then in my stomach.
i did semi standing ab wheels. (on a plank thats on partly on a higher point)
>>
>>40147857
I once was reading about on here about a stack, I think it was yohimbine (I don't know how to spell it) and caffeine or something, what is all that called? I would like to try it
>>
>>40154063
It's EC Stack, Ephedrine and Caffeine. But be warned, it can have some nasty side effects. Potentially ups anxiety and paranoia, as well as can cause heart palpitations. It's basically just a lesser version of speed.

You don't even burn that much more weight on it. I don't recommend it.
>>
>>40153972
Well it showed you a weakpoint. Work on it. Never a bad idea to make the lower back stronger son.
>>
>>40154148
what would even do that?

and wouldnt this exercise work my lower back then?

also isnt it a tell that my form was wrong ?
>>
I'm 22. My dick grew 2 inches this passed year, went from 6" to 8", I have no idea why. My body looks similar. How? I thought I was done growing at like 17.
>>
>>40153971
Do you have your plug in while you lift?
>>
>>40154083

super addictive too, at least, if you have an additive personality

paranoia and anxiety go away with time, but if you take it longer it become more addicitive
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>40148437
Your knees are breaking a bit early but otherwise you're good, especially for a beginner

>>40148630
Not if you're adding in the rest of your body on other days

>>40150833
>I'm thinking biting your nails as well as the skin around them
No, that's keratin, that protein is already dead
>and ejaculating
Barely, if you're worrying about this level of detail instead of eating another gram or two of protein you're batshit retarded anyway.

>Any other?
Not eating enough

>>40151835
>Is there a reason no to do low intensity cardio as much as you can? Lets say I'm a neet and can go for a 3 hour walks two times a day, would it be beneficial to weight loss? Would it still be unhealthy to lose more then 2 pounds a week this way?
For weight loss, no. For weight gain and muscle growth- at a point. The only thing to consider is that any work- cardio or resistance or etc will make you hungrier. So long as you're staying within your macros it's fine.

>>40152210
>I've heard two different techniques regarding form. I've head to keep my elbows above my wrists and I've also head that I need to keep my wrists above my elbows. Which is it?
Both for different functions. For rhomboid/scapula you want to pull into a double bicep (youtube omar isluf has a good video on this).

>Also, regarding benchpress form, can I tighten my back too much?
Pinch until you feel your chest activate/push forward, no more or less.

>>40152292
Probably the big compounds. and as many isolations as you can fit in once a week

>>40152397
Good body and is well trained, but he comes across like a little manchild and talks like a fool.

>>40152447
Whichever you prefer. I spent a bunch of time trying out all the different times and

Morning pros:
>Less people
>More of a "just do it" mindset/vibe, less bullshit

Evening pros:
>Not going to spend the entire day rekt from a big workout
>Usually more energy in your body and muscles

I mix the best of both and go before or after lunch.
>>
I haven't been here since April.
Please show me the newest memes.
>>
>>40154581
Your routine
>>
Does joga help with training, stretching etc? I heard that doing joga helps your muscles and makes them more visable.
>>
>>40154594
it's 5/3/1 not new and not a meme either
>>
>>40153107
DNP.

>What is your opinion on lifting weights while fasted?
While fasted is fine. While building muscle is retarded.

>>40153110
If it fits your macros it's fine.

>>40153272
Smith is bad for most things but particularly squats and deadlift, but like the other guy said, better than nothing. Also look into goblet squats and other dumbbell/bb squats.

>>40153347
>Anyone experienced this, if so, how did you fix it?
You don't, you see a doctor like a normal person and find out what it is.

>>40153456
>When cutting Is there any point in doing a program like SS, SL or anything high weight low rep? I figure my lifts arent gonna go up significantly while on a deficit.
They're good for maintaining muscle mass.

>The routine would be compounds and accessory work all in the range of 3x10-15. I would also do some cardio.
>After 1-2months id switch to a proper routine for gaining muscle.
>Thoughts?

If you haven't lifted for 2 years it seems retarded not to target strength. Whatever gets you in the gym though.

>>40153481
Probably from poor conditioning. Keep going at a lighter weight/intensity and see if it continues.

>>40153515
Read the sticky

>>40153633
>>40153654
Eating more veg helps as it adds fibre and other stuff. Fibre isn't what's causing it, it's the breakdown in the intestines, not the stomach.
More water too.

>>40153803
Slightly less on days you don't lift, but your body builds muscle for more than 24 hours after a session, so yes.

>>40153972
>does ab wheel work lower back?
Obviously, core and lower back

>my last session i had more pressure in my back then in my stomach.
>>40154253
>what would even do that?
Poor form and lack of strength.
Your abs aren't strong enough or your back isn't tight enough when you're rolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFIaKrlY-tk
>>
I'm currently doing the below routine. Should I add some more upper body work, or am I doing enough? Also, I was considering adding lateral raises/Lu raises, should I?

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A
Squats 3x5
OHP 5x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Chin ups 5x5

B
Squats 3x5
Pendlay rows 5x5
Weighted Dips 5x5
Facepulls 4x8
>>
Do grip width matter on squats?
I like it narrow, just a bit wider than shoulders but people recommend bench width
>>
>>40153107
professional help
seriously
if you're talking about losing a lot of fat, like 50-60 lbs or more, a little professional input on your nutrition rather than generic stuff from anons is much better
also, such weight loss can result and be sustained only by your decisions and mindset, not by calories or cardio, so weight loss counseling is very, very useful. you should seriously do a couple of sessions with a pro, not weight watchers or any of those programs but just a couple meeting with a professional who specializes in this. you are here and asking so you have a great start, you know you've got to do something and you're looking for guidance. get it from an expert.
>>
>>40153581
not going to make it
>>
File: beano.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
beano.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>40153654
>>
will lifting natty get me somewhere close to bearmode if I eat a lot?
>>
Lat pull downs

1/2/3/4 gives a reasonable ratio for OHP and chest etc, but is there a similar ratio or range you'd reco for lat pull downs?
>>
What is /fit/'s opinion on quinoa?
>>
>>40148630
Nope. It's the basis of a Push-Pull-Legs routine. Check out any PPL writeup to get an idea.
>>
IF
>>
>>40155432
>Do grip width matter on squats?
Not really. How wide your grip is on squats depends almost entirely on the proportions of your body (longer arms = wider grip). Grab the bar where ever feels comfortable.

>will lifting natty get me somewhere close to bearmode if I eat a lot?
yes. it'll take years though.

>What is /fit/'s opinion on quinoa?
it's definitely good for you. apparently americans eating qunoa has raised the price so much that that south americans are having trouble affording it though, so you'll be healthy but also an asshole.
>>
My doctor has banned me from lifting indefinitely until she gives the all clear for some physical issues I'm having.
How do I keep motivated bros? I don't know how long this will go for.
>>
What would be an ideal bodyfat percentage for early strength gains?
I'm 188cm 80kg 15.7% bodyfat and have been lifting for about 6 months now.
>>
>>40147857
Today I saw a grill sway her hips forward at the top of her squats and it looked really awkward. Why exactly is that bad form, I'm guessing it can hurt her lower back?
>>
File: 1483163056472.jpg (59KB, 846x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483163056472.jpg
59KB, 846x1024px
Girl kept smiling at me in the gym today

She works hard, constantly see her benching, curling, all that jazz, has an ass of a goddess (dem Slav genetics)

I already stalked her on Facebook, she seems to be into guys like I

Should I ask her out for a coffee? I'm not at my goal body yet (swole af by normie standards, but she ain't no normie), and I don't have a drivers license until March

I'm autismal. Pls help
>>
Smoke cigarettes, OP. Seriously, great stop-snacking aid
>>
File: andrew-siciliano-nfln.jpg (32KB, 360x432px) Image search: [Google]
andrew-siciliano-nfln.jpg
32KB, 360x432px
Does anyone have that anti vegan copy pasta that links some studies?
>>
>>40156910
help guys fast plox

I never lifted the autism away
>>
Yohimbine, ECA stack or bolth?
Why?
>>
>>40147857
How can I keep Squatting(and deadlifting) heavy aka going with my numbers up without developing oversized legs?

I'm happy with my leg size but it seems its shit easy to pack on leg mass for me and I dont want to
>>
>>40157044
Above 10-12% BF? ECA
Under that? Yohimbine

I don't recommend mixing. Yohimbine doses are based on BW so the heavier you are the more you have to take to be effective. High doses of it + EC can be bad. Do one or the other.
>>
how's this as an alternative to cow milk? became intolerant to it since I had a gastroenteritis in the beginning of this year
bought it and its fucking tasty with oats but is it healthy?

https://www.alpro.com/uk/products/drinks/almond/original
>>
>>40147857
what does 1/2/3/4 mean?
>>
Does a ab wheel wreck anyone else's shoulders or is my core shit. I had to adjust routine because it gave my shoulders quite a killer work out. It's getting better but still hits them pretty hard?
>>
>>40150860
Sneak in a barbell and do it in the corner
>>
>>40157581
Its a rough goal for lifting. 1/2/3/4 refers to the number of "plates" on the side of the bar for the ohp/bench/squat/dead

In short
OHP = 135
Bench = 225
Squat = 315
Deadlift = 405

Then you hit 1/2/3/4
>>
File: 1485282334869.jpg (121KB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
1485282334869.jpg
121KB, 500x683px
>>40147857
I'm pretty skinny, 160 at 5'11", but have a flabby stomach
How do I lose weight in my midsection?
also, ho do I get hands like pic related
>>
>>40152243

Do CKD or tkd for more energy lifting. Standard keto doesn't support high intensity lifting too well. Also height weight? It looks like you have too much protein and not enough fat. You're going to lose a lot of energy if you don't eat enough dietary fat. Try using a 70/25/5 f/p/c ratio I usually spend about $175-250 a month on food but I'm also buying food for my mom. Looks good overall though.
>>
I prefer to front squat when I squat and almost never back squat. Is there any disadvantage or advantage to increase my strength on my front squat and not my back squat?
>>
>>40157166
May you please post ECA meme?
>>
Why do I never feel it in my back when Im doing exercises specifically aimed at my back (Lat pulldowns,rows etc)? As far as I know my form is fine but I still dont feel it in my back
>>
Do I really need to eat so much grams of protein a day?
I heard some gut saying you need me like 100g rather than the 161g I'm supposed to be taking a day.

A protein shake has 42g, protein powder 21g. Even if I ate a piece of tillapia fish everyday which I can't afford that's only another 21.
I could do it if I ate a hamburger daily and some other stuff, but that's not very clean, is it?
>>
>>40159168
I shoot for 100g and call it good.

I'm not a body builder, or any sort of fitness guru.
>>
I alternate between
Squat 5x5/Bench 10x5/DL 5x5
and
Squat 5x5/OHP 10x5/Clean 5x5/DL 1x5
and i run on every rest day

How retarded am i and what should i change? I just started, my lifts are horribly low.
They're going up though now that i'm forcefeeding myself whey and oats.
Should i add stuff like pull ups? Curls? Dips? In what order?
Oh and my lower back seems to be sore/hurting all the time and its hindering my runs. I'm hoping it will go away when i get used to it.
The reason why i DL on both A and B is because i want faster progress.
My goal isn't strength, its aesthetics. And since i'm i'm naturally lean at 60kg at 5'9'' all i basically need is gain weight and lift heavy right?
And i don't use an oly bar, i use a regular. The weights still spin if i don't screw the thing all the way so i think its fine.
>>
Does anyone else feel kind of empty after eating a "full meal" of chicken, rice, and broccoli?

The meals will be anywhere from 1000-1200 calories depending on how much butter I use, but I almost always feel weak and missing something after eating.
>>
How does one get ECA stack? I thought the "E" was illegal.
>>
>be at work
>on a diet 'cause I'm a fatass
>friend comes by with dab pen
>puff on that shit
>get munchies
>go get a light pair of snacks out of the vending machine
>he comes back by
>sees me eating
>joke around about how I got the munchies after I hit that dab
>he's like wait a sec
>grabs a large ass sealed up cookie out of car
>brings it to me
>too fat to say no

It's okay, I wanted to skip dinner, too...
>>
>>40159851
crisis averted.

cookie has raisins in it, will disregard.
>>
>>40159851
>>40159883
neither of these are questions

your will is weak and you're not going to make it
>>
>>40159714
Depends where you are. "E" in my state can be purchased at any drug store, I get mine at Walmart pretty cheap. Only real limit is how much of it you can buy in a day and in a month. But what I buy (usually 1 box lasts me 10days w/ 3x dose a day) so in total 3 boxes a month is massively below the "legal" limit.

So 1 box is 750mg of E. So in total I use 2.250g a month. You can buy up to 3.6g at a time and are limited to 9g for a month. So that would be 12 boxes a month (using Primatene as my example)
>>
Is doing cardio on my rest days bad for gains/my muscles? I don't want to overwork them

I'm lifting 3 days a week and just starting ICF 5x5?
>>
>>40159851
sounds like a good friend desu senpai. shares his dank and his food with you

It would have been rude to decline
>>
>>40159996
not at all, cardio is great for you. If you're bulking just eat a little more to compensate.
>>
>>40157590
Your core is probably fine, your shoulders are the main pivot point using an ab-roller so you will feel them working to keep stable. Just make sure you keep your abs as tight as you can, and do slower reps, like 5 seconds out 5 seconds back in. Doing them this way, I felt a lot less pressure on my shoulders. If they still hurt, just do leg raises on your non-shoulder days.
>>
>>40159168
Are you trying to bulk/maintain/cut? If you're cutting/maintaining you only need to eat protein equal to your lean mass so 100g, or maybe slightly more, will be fine. Bulking, you should eat more to help new muscle grow.
>>
So currently on an IF to strip that last bit of stubborn fat, I ate about 4,250 calories yesterday on a binge (went over protein goals) during my 6 hour window, so still in fast but my caloric intake is roughly 1900 a day. Should I go a full day without eating only just bcaa's I know I can do it?

I'm still going to be lifting and I'm already very fit, my heart rate sits at around 50 mark as an indication, problem is though I had a full on weekend as well partying with a bit of substances involved, I've done well cutting this week but I'm worried thats played a role.

Opinions?

TL;DR
>Doing IF, 6/18
>Ate 4,250 calories in 6 hours
>Cutting at 1,900
>Thinking of skipping an entire day of food to catch up on cutting and only having bcaa's to slow muscle degeneration as I'm into body building.
>>
Should I split my workouts into different days? I currently do:

3x5 pullups
3x5 squats
3x5 benchpress
3x5 barbel curls
3x5 leg lifts
3x5 calf presses

If I don't do all of this and spend at least 40 minutes in the gym I feel like I'm not doing enough.
>>
Someone who knows better please help me on this

i recently hurt my shoulders doing bench at the gym heard two clicks weight went down and lots of pain, i took 2 weeks off went to a doctor got an ultrasound done no tears or anything but now my shoulders click randomly feel weak / unstable i want to correct this so i don't end up snapping something in my shoulder and loosing all my gains due to injury problem is i have heard so much conflicting information on how to do this its driving me insane literally everything on the internet says everything i do is wrong information i have gotten so far

>shoulders are rolled forward try to correct posture and strengthen back
>dont roll your shoulders back to much leads to weak posture and back injury
>basically all advice on posture is a fucking mess i wont go into it but its all conflicting for every piece of advice there is another "article", you tube video that says that its wrong

>do rotor cuff exercises to strengthen rotor cuff (this one made sense so im gonna try to do it)
>do yoga (fucken lol) to improve flexibility
>strengthen shoulder with direct shoulder workouts, overhead press etc
>scratch that any overhead moment will tear your rotator cuffs and cause you to never lift again if its injured :)
>do 800 variations of different stretches all with fucking bands or lying on the floor in weird positions swinging sticks around puching yuour arms against various walls doors etc
>use lighter weights in your workout and more reps
>to much reps in your workout overuse just do less reps and heavier weights
> etc etc

basically i have gotten 18 metric fuck tons of conflicting advice when i google "how to stop shoulder clicking / fic shoulder pain or injury" please give me some consistent advice /fit/ im deffinatly not gonna follow the advice of my doctor wich i shit you not was "take some anti inflammatory and don't lift weights ever again :)"
>>
Okay I got swole. How do I seduce women?
>>
File: 106479411.jpg (21KB, 224x376px) Image search: [Google]
106479411.jpg
21KB, 224x376px
A few days ago my hand hurt while I was doing chin ups, so I stopped. Today I tried again and I have a dull pain in my hand and some pain up the forearm when trying to do chin ups and overhand wide-grip pulldowns.

I'm gonna rest some more and see if it goes away, but does anyone know what I've strained and what I can do to prevent this in the future?
>>
>>40160583
you need to see a sports medicine professional or a trained physical therapist. I impinged my shoulder once, and a pt finally told me the stretches i needed to do to get my mobility back
>>
Is BP, Incline BP and OHP on the same day too much?
>>
>>40160607
Take your dick out in public
>>
File: 1482287931481.jpg (14KB, 187x269px) Image search: [Google]
1482287931481.jpg
14KB, 187x269px
So, as we all know, days and weeks are arbitrary, and working every other day is a pretty normal workout schedule. What if I change the arbitrary time of days and weeks down to say 16 hour a day. In a normal week, you have 168 hours and if you divide that by 16 you can get 10 and a half workouts in one week. What do you guys think?
>>
Start here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lqo86IvOJ0

You might find listening to this guy annoying in the beginning, but he knows his shit very well.
>>
is keto a meme
>>
>>40160735
it works its just shit
>>
How do i deal with being sleepy all day after working out in the morning?

Uni is starting soon and im scared i wont be able to concentrate during classes.
>>
>>40160794
get better sleep and fix your diet.
>>
>>40160794
eat more go to bed earlier
>>
>>40158491
>how do I lose weight in my midsection

it doesn't work like that. You have to reduce your overall body fat percentage to get rid eof your gut. also considering your size, you need to put on muscle as well.

As for getting ride of spindly bitch fingers, get a blue collar job or work on stuff with your hands a lot. I used to have skinny wimpy hands as well but then I got into electrical linework and after a few months I noticed my hands and figers were thicker
>>
>>40148015
Ephedrine
>>
>>40160703
Just fucking do a program. Do like AxBxAxxBxAxBxx or ABxABxx
>>
Does bicycling build your butt, at least in a noob-gain level?
>>
>>40160229
I do 20lb leg raises too. Just was like damn I about to use this as a shoulder work out kek. Thanks for advice
>>
I'm a newbie who have been doing compounds fror a few months. I'd like to add some isolation exercises to my sessions but when I google it I find a billion different ones. Which ones are the best ones per muscle group?
>>
Thoughts on elliptical for cardio?

Usually just do cardio outside, but it doesn't really fit my schedule. I hate treadmills so the last few times I've used the ellipitical.
>>
/fit/ let's talk sleep schedules.
So I hear this mumbo jumbo about hormones getting fucked up and the circadian rhythm bs when you go to sleep at like 2am and wake up at 10am or so. So my question here is, would I feel better/more revitalized by let's say sleeping 11pm to 6am as opposed to 2am to 10-11pm?
>>
>>40161256
8pm-4am is optimal
>>
>>40161302

who the fuck goes to sleep at 8 pm though
>>
Will eating 500cal less than bmr for just a couple of days cause muscle deterioration? [Considering I work out just as much, and considering I get at least 100g of protein a day]
>>
>>40156910
If you catch her checking you out during her rest period, finish the set and go talk to her. Ask her for her routine for [insert impressive body part other than booty], and chat about it. Get her number. If it's near the end of the workout, ask her if she wants coffee.
If you talk to her more than a few minutes before she's done, wait until the next time you see her prepping to leave to ask if she wants to get coffee some time. If you ask in the middle of her workout, and she says no, awkward as fuck. If she says yes, you still don't know what to do for the next 50 minutes.

Text her the next day around 10 if you want to grab coffee, text her late afternoon if you want to go to a bar or something. Do this all before you see her at the gym next time, otherwise set something up at the end of that next session - only set something up after you text her once or twice without being autistic.

At whatever date you set up, keep it under 90 minutes. If it goes longer, don't try to drop it like an autist. The next one you can go longer.

Don't talk about sperg hobbies, talk about normie hobbies or local places or things you did with friends. Stick to those and don't sputter, and it'll be fine if she is interested in you. Simple humor, that you would be comfortable cracking in church. Jokes must be relevant, and obviously jokes. She'll laugh if she is interested.

Don't fuck this up
>>
>>40161508
REEEEEEEEEEEE CHAD GET OUT
>>
>>40161508
>not asking to work in/spot her
not gonna make it
>>
>>40161553
"yo bitch you look pretty fucking weak lemme spot you so you don't kill ya own headass"
>>
Is it okay to add hip thrusts to SL 5x5 for maximal booty gainz?
>>
File: We're all going to make it.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
We're all going to make it.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
I hurt my lower back / spine two weeks ago, been seeing a chiro (god bless good health insurance) and while it's nothing major at all and I'll be fine, I had been advised not to go to the gym. So I haven't.

I'm not super worried about my gains, it's only two weeks, but I'm feeling really unmotivated. I've been given the green light to lift on Monday but to take it easy on squats/deads. I'm doing SS + accessories though and I'm only 3 months in.

How long do you think I'll be stuck doing lightweight squats and deads? I've been making really great progress in my 3 months and I don't want that to go away.
>>
How do I make my ass look less like cottage cheese?
>>
2 days into keto, will the net carb liberate me, or is it a meme waiting to stall my gains?
>>
>>40161508
>>40161508
Thanks man, I appreciate that
>>
>>40149701
as long as you have your hands on the bar all the way down, you are good to go.
>>
>>40154259
All people age differently. Medical professionals use age brackets to save time but in reality medicine should be tailored to each individual.
>>
almost a month strong. Fell of diet tonight. Got plowed skipped dinner. Well ate 3 chicken wings. Only couple hundred calories over limit and hit macros but Lotta beer. Should I kys now or in morning
>>
I'm a man and I have huge thighs. I've lost 120lbs, but it's all come off of my face and stomach. Should I do more leg exercises to help get rid of it, or just stick to cardio? I've heard that spot training is a joke, so I haven't focused on it for a while.
>>
>>40152397
need tan
>>
>>40161009
This desu. ECA stacks work, thats why bodybuilders, fighters, and wrestlers use them. They were a great weightloss drug until some fat fucktard took a handful and had a heart attack now we have to buy ephedrine with nasty shit mixed in so tweakers don't snort it.

You will sleep 4 hours a night and hear your heart but you will cut an extra pound a week.
>>
how to approach a grill at a gym?

Should I try to time my sets to finish when she does then "run into her" in the main area and say something?
>>
Should I be doing pullups?
>>
>>40162470
don't.

they are there to work out, and have fucktards trying to hit on them there constantly. they get annoyed at best, as would you.

if the only interaction you have with women is at the gym you need to get out more. women go to bars or on tinder or to house parties to get fucked. not the gym.

stop being a fucking autist.

>mfw i realize im on /fit/ so thats the norm
>>
>>40162563
yes.

all upper body exercises can be summarized into two groups: push and pull. after that they get put into another two, which are grip width and arm angle.

Dips, flat bench, and OHP are for pushing at each arm angle (0, 90, 180)

Deadlifts, rows, and pullups are for pulling at each arm angle.

Look at literally every decent program ever. They have at LEAST 5/6 of these with squats.

You can worry about varying grip width when you hit the 1000lbs club.
>>
>>40162470
You don't.

Mind your own business and don't be a nuisance to others. She doesn't want your attention.
>>
>>40162664
>>40162693

alright I was thinking this. I don't really like going out to bars because its too loud and figured a gym (or leaving a gym) could be alright since its a shared interest
>>
>>40162470
do it
don't be a beta bitch like the two others
>>
>>40162708
shiiieet. alright I'll see if flashing a quick smile gets a good response then go from there
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3888x2592px
Confused lads, already read the sticky. So apparently you can be lifting and doing cardio all day long, and if you're eating at a deficit, you'll only lose fat? Your muscles will stay the same even with all the tearing/conditioning going on?
>>
>>40162747
so long as you're eating enough protein to repair your muscles and enough carbs to provide your body with energy
>>
>>40162763
Alright, makes sense. So no growth/strength increase unless you eat over your maintenance?
>>
I'm lacking in fiber everyday. What do supplement? Poo is always kinda soft and not as good as when I ate yogurt everyday. Had to cut it for calorie reasons just gotta find a new brand.
>>
>>40162777
>>40162763
>>40162747
He is wrong. If you are cutting atrophy is inevitable, all you can do is minimize it.

You can do very good at minimizing it, but it will happen. Maybe you do such a good job you don't notice but it happens.

Make sure you respect your muscle recovery times, and like he said get enough protein. Also, dietary fat is not evil. It is necessary.
>>
>>40162777
You will get stronger and make very minimal size gains. Nothing like eating over will do.
>>
>>40162815
Broccoli.

There is a reason people joke about lifters eating broccoli, chicken cooked in olive oil, and brown rice every day.

Broccoli is one of the healthiest foods you can eat if you want low carbs with high fiber and micronutrients.
>>
>>40162845
I eat broccoli..just not enough I suppose. Usually a small head a day and a 12oz v8
>>
File: photo-13.jpg (818KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
photo-13.jpg
818KB, 1936x1936px
>>40162868
Oats, beans, and broccoli are REALLY good sources of fiber. The two former are pretty calorie dense so most people cutting don't eat them, or eat them in small amounts.

/fit/ always jokes about OATZ and SQUATZ but that is a seriously proven mantra to live by.

You could always just supplement it with fiber one haha. Way cheaper and healthier to get your nutrients through food though.

Fish oil, whey, multivit/min, and d3 are the only supplements worth using desu unless you want to fraud it up. I can see fiber one if you are having issues though.

Pic related is OK too. Bread is not evil, the right kinds are the shit for macros as long as you don't eat half a loaf a day.
>>
>>40162907
Thanks I eat oats for breakfast on weekends just don't have time for that on work days. I'm not usually to far shy but may supp use it to go over see it helps some things along kek. What about calcium? Some days I miss milk target pretty bad. Say I eat a pork chop or crab meat after work instead of protein shake?
>>
File: 1485315602205.png (200KB, 530x482px) Image search: [Google]
1485315602205.png
200KB, 530x482px
>>40162845
Broccoli is only super healthy if you don't cook it.

Thank you based Dr. Rhonda Patrick on the JRE podcast.
>>
>>40152397
AlphaDestiny is a Blaha dickrider. Don't listen to him - he's pure cringe and like 5'2
>>
>>40162973
I wouldn't worry too much about the micros if you are taking a multi and eating some green shit (which is full of fiber and micros).

You are overcomplicating the whole thing. Total calories>macros>micros.

Thats it. Calories in calories out for cutting and take at least a multi to cover your bases. Eat green shit (broc and spinach). Don't let the fad diet guys fuck with you.

There is no magic recipe. It all works if you calorie count in the end and if you eat broc, and apple, and a multi every day while cutting you won't get scurvy or osteo.
>>
>>40155736
Is this like fertilizer for mexicans?
>>
Is it possible to maintain my current weight (80kg) without cutting and lowering my BF from ~22% to at least 16%? Or should I just cut anyway to achieve it? Not pressed for time or anything but I hate to get weakened by my diet options.
>>
>>40163131
Thanks I usually just watch macro. But my gay s health on my phone does this nutrient score of my micros and I usually get everything without a multi just never usually hit the fiber goal. And eat a apple a day. Pink lady apples are the best apples for anyone reading. And yea I was hoping for scurvy though desu
>>
How long until an improved diet impacts my lifts? I started SS w/o paying attention to my diet so I wouldn't get unmotivated early on, and now that I've made some sub-optimal (but satisfactory) progress, I've started eating at least 3000 calories a day. Will an improved diet improve my gains right away or will it take some time before the benefits occur in full force?
>>
>>40163282
You won't notice it for 2 weeks, and you will REALLY notice it in a month or so.

Get your rest. Rest is part of the triad. Rest, diet, routine.

EVERYONE FORGETS REST. SLEEP AND RECOVERY.
>>
>>40163364
Ok, that was my impression from talking to my more experienced pals. Is there some sort of scientific reason why the impact on training is delayed? I used to think the effects would be immediate b/c you usually shit out a meal within 24 hrs but I don't know a lot about how macronutrients are processed.
>>
>>40163364
Sucks I a have so much more energy since working out. I feel like I could just go without sleep. Shit sucks it's kinda fucking up my sleep schedule
>>
>>40163387
Full recovery for muscles from a lift session is 72 hoursish. This had been not just proven in studies but over decades of competitive lifting.

You can expect as a noobie to put 2.5-10 lbs extra on the bars a week. In two weeks if you are up 5-20 lbs you go "oh fuck this might be working. In a month if you are up 10-40lbs you are going to be going "oh fuck this shit worked".

Enjoy the noobie gains while you got them. Ride those programs out as long as you can and don't focus on weight focus on form. Since you are apparently cutting don't worry about the scale. Worry about the mirror. I have lost 19lbs in 24 hours all waterweight. Calculate your BMR and adjust your calories/macros accordingly right now and keep them until you are happy with what you see in the mirror. After that you don't need advice from the shitheads on /fit/.

SS/SL>Madcow/texas method>wendler 5/3/1>whatever the fuck you want sheiko/candito/your own dumbass shit
>>
>>40163445
Vitamin D, or lack thereof, this time of year fucks with your sleep. D3 or melatonin is the answer. You NEED 8+ hours a night.
>>
>>40163509
those are super conservative numbers for an untrained starting say SS btw.

unless you are in a calorie deficit, and cutting like you said the gains will be lax.
>>
>>40163519
I'm usually 7.5 no matter what. If I go to bed at 3 am I will wake up like within 10 minutes of 7.5 hours. 8 years of the same schedule really drives in that time. I start to sleep more if I am off work for more than a week. But lately I have been going to bed little later and waking 30 mins before alarm. I may try the vitd.
>>
File: YRaG5zC.png (12KB, 353x147px) Image search: [Google]
YRaG5zC.png
12KB, 353x147px
How the hell do I fill this?

I'm a college student so I'm sitting a big part of the day, but I do go to college with the bus so I have to walk a bit, and I do cardio (running) 3 days/week.
>>
>>40163594
it says right there
>>
>>40163533
thxx! my diet should be ok now since I'm eating at least 250 calories over my TDEE, but my lifts haven't been going up any faster (ie still takes two squat workouts to add 5 lbs to the bar). If it takes some time for a new diet to impact my lifts that's ok but it'd be pretty discouraging if I had to start eating 4000 calories a day
>>
>>40163582
thats such a good schedule, but graveyard shift is unnatural. Take your d3 and in a few weeks you will feel it kick in.

gotta replace that sun
>>
>>40163644
if you are trying to bulk go +1000+
TDEE and cut hard after.
>>
>>40163637
but how does that take into account the fact that I lift?
>>
>>40163658
>>40163644
I can't find the article now but there is a champion powerlifting that had an interview and was talking about how he learned how to properly bulk from a guy that told to him literally sit down after his lift with an entire pizza drenched in olive oil. macro surpluses are insane if you want to dirty bulk instead of going clean. +3k a day for some people.

REST AND PROGRAM THOUGH. the triad with diet.
>>
>>40163688
I think I found it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBE9s8ZpU88

But i get it, sleep, programming, gallon of olive oil a day
>>
guys. the net carb. should I eat more carbs to account for net carbs, or is it a bs concept that will stave off ketosis?
>>
>>40163771
haha a tablespoon is almost perfect. the tomatoniggers knew a thing or two.

Thats not the interview I was talking about but same shit.
>>
If you're stalling on your lifts but still gaining weight, is that mostly going to be just fat? Should I stop bulking?
>>
If I have puny 13 inch arms, how feasible is getting to 15 inches by August?
>>
>>40164858
Fatceps - easily

Thick, aesthetic muscle - no chance
>>
if I do a big alcohol drink and pig out one day can I just do a bunch of cardio the next 2 days to counterbalance the calories?
>>
Whats a good accurate tdee calculator i can use.
>>
>>40164962
different anon, never bulked before because I'm on an eternal cut. How long does it take a muscles like biceps to grow?

>>40165092
I like tdeecalculator.net

>>40164978
no. a half hour of cardio will do like 300 cal max. If you binge and eat 1000 calories over your limit you'll still be over by 400 calories after exercise.
>>
>>40165140
but I can easily do 2-4 hours of cardio over the weekend
>>
>>40165150
don't count on exercise erasing your bad decisions. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>40165164
good enough. Thanks.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (67KB, 561x418px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
67KB, 561x418px
Is it bad to exercise at night? I'm trying to not be such a fat-ass but my work/school schedule only really allows me to work out after 9pm.

Other than obviously maybe making it harder to fall asleep is there anything I should be worried about?

Thanks guys
>>
best grip fasteners/stregntheners?
>>
Would working all the heads of the shoulder on the same day be detrimental if I was trying to maximize hypertrophy?
>>
How much of a meme is overtraining? I got a pull up bar recently and was so excited I immediately did about seven, but then the next time I could only do two so I did negatives, and then today I could barely even do more than a few negatives.
>>
>>40165364
Muscles need time to recover, overtraining is no meme.
>>
>>40165364

Overtraining exists, but it isn't what most people make it out to be. It's not something you get off one or two sessions or even a few weeks - it's a systemic, longterm issue that you have to really be busting your arse to inflict on yourself.

It takes time to recover between sessions and you will often be weaker if you're training again before fully recovering from the last workout, but that isn't overtraining.
>>
After morning workout- 2scoops/w milk protein shake-500cal
Work 9 hours
after work workout- 2 more scoops /w milk protein shake-500cal
some fruit and veggies

will this diet effectively work, about 1200cal a day /w 2 gym sessions(about 1 hours ea)
>>
>>40165397
4 scoops is very excessive for cutting.

Also 1200 cal is very very low, give height weight.
>>
>>40162996
but raw broccoli tastes shit
>>
>>40165439
350 5'11

was 480 when started losing weight, tried alot of different diets, lost 80pounds on my current diet but its killing me with boredom

Ive got 10tubs of 2pounds protein powder/ 180cal 30g protein a scoop

Bought 10 tubs from an wholesale auction, 3$ a tub, goes out in 6 months so im wanting to use it up and save money on food.

So you can see why im wanting to use so much protein powder, trying to use it up before expiration and replace with meals.

Protein power plus fruit and veggies should be alright? right?
>>
Does anyone have any extreme bodyfat loss tips?

I went from 244 to 230 already.Ive been on the psmf diet so im basically just eating pure protein alot of veggies a multivitamin and a gallon of water.Im also stacking an EC stack doing an hour of cardio everymorning and night and a fullbodysplit.
>>
>>40165470
1200 is too low, you need to eat more than that.

I mean, shit anon, I'm 5'11" 173 and 1200 is still too low for me. You should never eat less than 60% of your sedentary TDEE. At that point it starts fucking with your metabolism and gets absolutely miserable to sit through, not to mention strength and energy fatigue.

Increase your calories to 1800 a day. You'll still lose over 2 pounds a week and make great progress.

As for diet, just make sure you're getting your minerals and vitamins too. Protein Powder is great for protein, but there's not a whole lot of other nutrients in there.

>>40165473
Don't do an EC Stack and cardio at the same time, particularly if you're fat.

Actually, I take that back. Don't do an EC Stack if you're fat. It barely does anything you're not doing already.
>>
File: 1485369077452.jpg (124KB, 878x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485369077452.jpg
124KB, 878x1200px
Would sips make a good mixer with gin? Any particular flavors you'd recommend?
>>
Why do olympic weightlifters use those tapered belts rather than straight ones? is it just to reduce weight?
>>
>>40166017

The wide belts are often tall enough to interfere with positioning at the bottom of the clean/snatch/squat. Given the choice between a bit less support and not actually being able to do the movement properly, there's not much of a choice.
>>
>>40159851
Just enjoy the cookie. Ur fren gave it to u :3
>>
I have a slight pain in my left wrist, should I bench today?
>>
Why do i hate gym culture with a passion that can't be measured?
>>
Is there a normal level of test for guys?
>>
My legs have grown and now my thighs are chafing. I am walking like a western cowboy atm to avoid this and it sucks. Do i just wait for nerve death to occur there or is there something i can do to remedy this.
>>
how do i calculate BF% if I lost 100 pounds and have loose skin around me?
also how do I get rid of white stretch marks on my biceps? those are from being fat and I have red ones on my traps from growing huge traps
>>
My upper abdominals seems to grow fine, my lower abs lack behind. Is that even possible, what am I doing wrong? Any exercises to target the lower abs specifically?
>>
>>40166941

You just need to lose more fat. There's no upper/lower divide on the abs, its one muscle.
>>
>>40166955
that's what I always thought too, still weird seeing the upper abs bulging.
>>
what are the best apps for rep/weight counting. Need a workout diary to end my fuckarounditis
>>
File: 1305873737.jpg (71KB, 1440x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1305873737.jpg
71KB, 1440x1173px
Should I try lose weight more quickly or eat at less of a deficit to try and lift more?
>>
File: 1264730139-62298_full.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1264730139-62298_full.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
Been on IF 16:8 for a week or so now, and sometimes the hunger pains get to me mentally. I've been taking tums to reduce the hunger pains, does anyone have experience with this? It seems to work well, but I'm not trying to die here.
>>
>>40167190
Eat +1000 calories and do 3x5
>>
Ok I forgot my lunch for work today. What can I get from wendys that won't be horrid for my cut. Was thinking grilled chicken sandwich no mayo if it comes with it. Website says it's 360 calories and 36 grams brotein
>>
>>40162996
WRRRRROOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG
>>
>>40167228
get bcaa caps instead, that shit kills my hunger and the caloric value is minimal/irrevelevent
>>
>>40167228
Don't do IF if it's painful you idiot
>>40167351
That's actually an ok cal/protein ratio
>>
>>40167374
Not painful, just hunger pangs.
>>
>>40167374
That's what the website says at least
>>
>>40167423
That's just part of the process of adjusting yourself.
>>
What are some good stretches to do before swimming? Mostly back stroke but also do a bit of breast stroke and front stroke to mix it up.
>>
File: By Allah.jpg (42KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
By Allah.jpg
42KB, 500x356px
Oi! I need some help lads.

I'm starting up SS for the first time in months after sustaining and injury* so my question is: BULK OR CUT??

My stats:
- Skinnyfat: 5' 11'', 161lbs, 19-20% bodyfat
- Squat: 160lbs
- Press: 80lbs
- Deadlift: 210lbs
- Power Clean: 95lbs
- Bench Press: 110lbs
- Chin-ups: 2-3 (not trying to failure yet due to arm)

help dis bellyskelly out pls.

*distal bicep tendonitis in left arm, still hurts/feels weird
>>
>Abs getting more visible
>On a bulk
What is going on here? Am I building muscle in such a rate it decreases my bf%?
>>
scooby calculator puts me at 2600 calories if I select lose at 20% and 5-6 hours workout a week and 2000 if i pick sedentary, I workout 6 days a week for 1-2 hours what do I pick
>>
Today I failed deadlift at 95 kg because of the grip. Is it time to use some kind of grip assistance?
>>
Does excess fat in any way help you build muscle? Because I feel like I'm bulking up way more than I'd like.
>>
>>40167533
Pic and goals if u want us to help. Id say if you arent completly new bulk, otherwise from a fresh start cut and gain on your noobgains
>>
>>40161420
I go to bed anywhere from 8pm to 11pm
Either way feels better than going to bed at 2 or 3 and waking up at 10 or 11
>>
Is it better to lift right when you wake up or right before you go to bed?
>>
>>40167729
Before bed I assume
>>
>>40167729
doesn't matter, just eat before and after.
>>
how do I know if I do kegels right? Seems like I'm just clenching my buttcheeks.
>>
>>40167851
It's the same muscle group.
>>
>>40162708
>>40162736
This. Grills at the gym wear VSX and shirts that show off their bra not for better cooling off ability but to show off the goods to see what they can catch.
>>
File: image.jpg (1003KB, 1320x1750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1003KB, 1320x1750px
Can I eat honey straight from the jar? I don't have to make some fancy pants elixir with my raw honey do I?
>>
For me it was a profuse amount of coffee and water in the morning while intermittent fasting.

The first week or so of IF sucks big donkey cocks, but you just have to power through it. Once your body gets used to it you don't really even notice.
>>
>>40167946
only if you picture yourself as a big fat happy grizzly bear while you're doing it
>>
I was skinnyfat and did SS and got more skinnyfat. Now I'm doing PPL and hitting my arms and back with a lot of volume and within 2 months I'm seeing a drastic shift in my body comp to where I'm almost ottermode. My girlfriend and some gym bros have even noticed and they don't even know I've switched my routine. I've been eating cleaner right at maintenance too.

My question is that I still want to gain mass, but I'm not sure how to do it without getting skinnyfat again. Should I keep eating at maintenance until I stall on my lifts? It seems like I'm recomping very quickly despite /fit/ saying that recomping takes years
>>
File: IMG_0538.jpg (135KB, 1920x1541px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0538.jpg
135KB, 1920x1541px
If I used creatine while being on proscaf ( DHP blocker ) will I still lose hair?
>>
>>40168029
Proscar*
>>
>>40168029
Hair is hype. Gains are all that matter
>>
What brand or kind of peanuts are most healthy?
Or had the most protein.

Please don't tell me almonds or some other kind of nut by the way, I'm asking about peanuts for a reason.
>>
>>40162996
not so
minor drop in calcium and potassium is all
>>
>>40165473
see
>>40155719
>>
cannot go to the gym today

give me some tough exercises I can do at home with just my body ?

arigato senpai
>>
>>40167646
Can't post pics rn, but i wanna hit husbando mode ultimately. I'm lankey + a wristlet so probs won't happen but damn it I'll try.

Have lifted before but the max i got up to isn't far from where i am now (previous was 95lbs/135lbs/185lbs/225lbs)
>>
How much should you deadlift before getting wrist straps without getting laughed at?
>>
>>40168277
anything above 2 plate is going to look alright to normies.

Of course were going to laugh at you until you're above 4 plate.
>>
File: ppl.png (61KB, 724x732px) Image search: [Google]
ppl.png
61KB, 724x732px
Is pic related a good PPL for beginner?
>>
What's the better way to do chin-ups (weighted), with legs crossed behind you or keeping them straight in line with torso? I've always done the former way but recently I've heard the latter is better for abs activation, is there any other difference?
>>
How effective are planks? I'm not a huge believer in exercises where you're not supposed to move.
>>
Hey I'm a student taking 15 hours (all math and programming) who is also working up to 20 hours a week (I work retail and all shifts are 4 hrs so I'm working 3-5 times a week). I also have a gf who I love but am unable to spend a lot of time with. After studying for 4 hours before classes, going to classes, doing homework, and working -- I really don't have much time leftover.

I'm extremely tired and stressed out.

What kinds of things can I do to help with being tired? I used to work out a lot and it filled me with energy most of the time but I don't have that kind of time now. I have about 30minutes to an hour each day to do this. Is there a diet I can follow or some natural supplements that can help?
>>
>>40168711

>I'm extremely tired and stressed out.

Not gonna make it. Life only gets worse and you can't handle couple classes and not even half a work week. Wait till it's a wife, 2 kids, full time work and home ownership. Make time sleep more
>>
>>40168922
I'm not saying I can't handle it. I can. I just want to make more time for things. GA Tech CS program is pretty tough
>>
>>40168711
Sounds like being an adult.

I rarely have time left over for myself, and honestly I'm just flat out used to it now.

4 online course + full time work schedule with overtime + wife + kid and I still manage to find an hour a day to lift/run/cardio
>>
I'm on my first week of doing ICF 5x5 and the program tells me that it is very time consuming and should take about and hour and a half

I finish my workouts in around ~30 min. Am I doing something wrong that makes it take so much longer? not resting enough between sets? I'm able to get each lift in and the correct numbers of sets so I'm just confused
>>
>>40169004
You're not resting enough between sets, if you're following his wording directly. You're supposed to take 90 seconds between sets.

However, if you believe your form is good, and you can complete the sets without 90 seconds of rest, do it and just move on. Eventually you'll need those 90s of rest because it's truly stressful to do a maximal effort 5x5, especially for squats.
>>
>>40168982
Eat better get proper sleep. Help fatigue. Maybe focus on running and bodyweight work till school is done then beef up or use that 30 mins you do have to do a small quick routine at gym to hold off till schools over
>>
File: hc2.jpg (22KB, 250x198px) Image search: [Google]
hc2.jpg
22KB, 250x198px
I do a lot of walking every day and rely on it as my main source of exercise. According to a few online calculators walking 5km (3.1m) in 60 minutes on an even surface will burn anywhere from 280-360 calories. I walk 15km most days, so that would mean 840-1080 calories burnt.
Does that seem accurate? Someone before told me there's noway that is true. Is there a more accurate way to calculate how many calories are burnt walking?
>>
>>40162996
That's only if you boil it like a retard instead of steaming it
>>
Clenbuterol vs Cardarine?

Want to cut a quick 10-15 lbs of fat. Have been eating clean and lifting. Currently 5'7 167 lbs
>>
About food measurement: if I pour 100g of flour into a graduated container that measures in milliliters, will it equal 100ml?

Is 1g == 1ml?
>>
>>40169505
Somewhere between 60-70g
Also spend £7 on some scales faggot
>>
>>40169105
It varies, because "walking" can mean different speeds and heartrates for lots of folks. It's not reliable to depend on a computer to calculate what you burn.
>>
>>40169505
>Is 1g == 1ml?
Only for water or other liquids with the density of water
>>
File: IMG_20170127_145243.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170127_145243.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Does this look like one teaspoon (14.2g) of peanut butter to you?

How do you accurately measure peanut butter?
>>
>>40169930
like you measure anything else, with a digital scale
>>
>>40169930
Nigger how do you not have any real measuring spoons
>>
>>40169930
Nigga you're not measuring anything, you're eyeballing. That's not how any of this works.
>>
>>40167137
Lift Logger was made by a /fit/izen
>>
Looks like I'm not getting enough zinc in my diet. What type of zinc pills do I buy. There's a bunch of different kinds.
>>
>>40170212
Get yourself a small zinc rod from the hardware store and just gnaw on it a few times a week
>>
>>40170237
Alright cool. I'm just going to go with a calcium, magnesium, zinc, do pill I guess
>>
>>40170243
D3 not do
>>
i had surgery on my right shoulder because it kept dislocating in my sleep and now i cant lift it over my head and its pretty weak all around

basically what can i do with a fucked shoulder
>>
File: 1485483515320.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485483515320.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Third week in and had someone ask me how I zipped out the gym so quick "you done with your workout already" because I did my 3 exercises in like 14 minutes.

thx for the motivation fag

So far 45 to 70 in bench
>>
I stopped DLs and squats because a back injury

I've lost 40%+ of my strength on those excersies

Can going back to linear progression work until I get my strength back?
>>
>>40170622
You're doing it wrong then my man
>>
File: dfd.png (34KB, 129x142px) Image search: [Google]
dfd.png
34KB, 129x142px
>>40170653
doing what wrong, I'm 30lbs up in every exercise except ohp

the fuck you want
>>
>>40170679
What week are you on for SS?

looking back when I was doing SL 5x5 I wish I built a better mind to muscle connection before I got to a weight that was difficult for me to move around

If you started with the bar and add 5lb each week it can be easy to just go through the workout quickly

you want controlled reps where you can feel the weight in each one in the right places

Still SL 5x5 when weight was low would have taken me 30 mins minimum
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.