[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 31

File: 1429981024684.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1429981024684.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
none in the catalogue, new QTDDTOT
>>
>>40140289
How do I stop mouth-breathing /fit/? Especially in the winter when my nose gets stuffy a lot. I'm not even fat.
>>
How weaker should you expect to get during a cut? I've been cutting for a week and a bit now and my lifts are all struggling.
>>
What are your guys' favorite low calorie/high protein recipes? I've got a pantry full of shit to bake with, just not sure what to do with it.
>>
>>40140320
Mouth-breathing causes heart disease and high-blood pressure. If you can't run 4 miles doing 15 minute miles or faster without breathing through your mouth you are DYEL, sorry breh.

BUT HERE'S THE AMAZING SOLUTION IN ONE EASY STEP!

stop breathing through your mouth retard
>>
I saw someone on youtube say to "flex your butt" during the squat, what does that mean?
>>
>>40140601
>Mouth-breathing causes heart disease and high-blood pressure.
Source on this?

And I'm not talking about when running. I mean just sitting/sleeping.
>>
>>40140620
It means you're gonna get hemorrhoids bruh.
>>
>>40140289
What age did you guys start seeing changes for the worse in terms of metabolism? Specifically not being able to eat as much without weight gain anymore, what adjustments did you make?
>>
>>40140587
You might be eating too little calories. I've always heard as long as you keep your protein intake high (1.1-1.5g/lb) you should keep a decent amount of muscle and strength. Just don't eat in a deficit of more than 4-500 calories a day.
>>
>>40140628
Stop being a slack-jawed faggot. To breathe through your mouth you have to let your jaw relax, just hold your jaw up and touch the place where your top teeth meet the roof of your mouth with your tongue.
>>
>>40140634

Thanks, once again /fit/ has been a big help.
>>
>>40140661
The flexing encourages hemorrhoids.
>>
>>40140661
not as good as /pol/ though
>>
>>40140628
>>40140320
I used to be a huge mouth breather when I was young. Believe it or not I get therapy sessions to help with it. Basically just did "lip exercises" where you would spend about 3-4 months with daily exercises like pursing your lips around a button tied to a string and pulling on it.

I imagine you'd get similar results by pursing on a toothpick or something similar for like 5-10 minutes a day.
>>
>>40140640
Once I hit about 18-19 my metabolism slowed down and couldn't eat as much as I used to without slowly gaining weight. Admittedly I wasn't in-shape before that but I recall gaining about 15-20 pounds in a year during my first year of college.
>>
I can do 20 chin-ups from standing but I can't even do half a chin-up from hanging. When I try to do a hanging chin-up my arms slightly bend by a few degrees but I can't do nuffin.

How do I fix this.
>>
File: 25kg-1-600x600.png (444KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
25kg-1-600x600.png
444KB, 600x600px
did I fuck up buying 25kg plates?

>"25kg plates are 450mm, 20kg plates are ~420mm"

I hear 20kg is what's used for deadlifts, possible normal 20kg plates are just bigger than these variants of 20kg plates?
>>
>>40140320
fexofenadine if allergy
>>
Posting because no self improvement thread.

So I've been dealing with depression for a really long time, recently to the point that I don't do anything and I'm stagnant and sad and boring. I'm on a diet and I'm doing well on it, hopefully gain some confidence.

I'm gonna make a list of things I have to do in the morning. Simple stuff. 1) go on a walk 2) meditate for 5 minutes (to work my way up) 3) 20 pushups 4) read at least 10 pages of a book.

My mindset is being in a place that they made me do these things everyday. How do I stay motivated in spite of actual crippling depression/schizophrenic symptoms?
>>
>>40140926
go to a place with people. If you don't have a job, get a simple part-time one. Do something you like, see a movie.

Do anything you can to not be home alone.
>>
>>40140926
Masturbate constantly without ejaculating. The dopamine rush will keep you happy. Just edge for 8 hours a day. Or you could use opiates.

Then again if you have money you could just try fucking prostitutes.
>>
>>40140875
lol you fucking moron
>>
Today I was doing 5x5 on OHP. Typically I do this with 115 lbs. Today, I started off at 115 for the first rep, moved up to 125 on the second, up to 135 on the third, but during the fourth, I did 3 and then had to reduce back down to 125 for the remained of that set and the last one.

My question is: Is it the right thing to do what I did? Or should I have stuck with something that I could finish out (i.e., stuck with 115 or 120 or something)?

Also, should I 5x5 all of my workouts, or just the major one for the day (squat, bench, etc)?
>>
I need bodyweight exercises that will hit my lats hard other than those stupid pullup bars. With all of the pushups I'm doing my chest is looking great but my shoulders are rolling forward and I have to ILS everywhere I go to compensate.

I do pullups at the local park but I need another thing to help.
>>
>>40140289
What do you guyz do on your off days?

should i eat less the days i don't workout?

why is it better to workout 3 times a week and not maybe spread the excercises trough the whole week? of course spacing the same muscle groups by at least a day
>>
If I'm on a cut and want to lose as much body fat as possible while maintaining my muscle, would it be wise to use creatine and quadracarn at the same time?
>>
>>40141187
how many pulls ups can you do?
>>
Really fucking stuck atm.

I'm weak af. But started lifting 3-4 months ago. I'm benching 135lb and can't get past this for the life of me.

135lb? No problem. 140lb? It's suddenly like lifting a truck and I can't even do a set.

I went from 3x5 to doing 5X5 reps (which I've kept up) at 135lb, tried doing 3X5 at 140lb which I can't manage. Tried doing 1X5 at 145lb for a few days but obviously can barely one or two reps.

I've been stuck at this for like 2 months. I'm sure it's all in my head but any suggestions on how to get past this barrier?

My smallest weights are 2.5lb
>>
>>40141489
it's in your head bro. Do 140 till you can't lift it up anymore, then reduce to 135. You'll break 135 in no time.

Drink some coffee a half hour before you bench/go to gym. Massive energy boost will help your workout.
>>
Fatty who just joined a gym here. What's the ideal amount of days I should be working out per week? On one hand everyone I know is telling me to only go to the gym twice a week, on the other hand these people are hams too.
>>
>>40141510
READ STICKY
>>
>>40141510
>ideal
7 days a week 8 hours a day
>>
just got some blood test results that said my LDL cholesterol was high. Should I be concerned? I've been losing weight for a few months now.
>>
>>40141505
Figured it might be. I'll try dropping down once 140lb becomes too much. Just been stopping in the past once I can't keep going at 140lb.

Does coffee actually work? I remember once like 4 weeks ago I was really pumped up and got through 5X5 at 140lb pretty easy but haven't had that surge since. Would love to get that daily.
>>
>>40141524
How many eggs you eat a day bruh? This sounds counter-intuitive but the way to lower cholesterol is to eat more cholesterol. Try eating at least 6 eggs a day.
>>
>>40141590
>but the way to lower cholesterol is to eat more cholesterol.
uh
>>
>>40141590
I don't eat that many eggs anymore, got really sick of them after a few months.

My LDL level was 110, but the more I read the more it seems that it's not that far off average. Also seems to claim a good way to lower it is exercise and proper diet.
>>
>>40141606
Saturated fat+cholesterol from food=lowered blood LDL cholesterol

It's science bro.
>>
File: IMG_20170125_024918004.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170125_024918004.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
can i get an estimated bf%? id say 18-19% but im a newfag
182 cm 76 kg (~5' 11" 167.5 lb)
>>
>>40141666
23%

My condolences for being born a mud person anon.
>>
Anyone tried this? is it any good?
>>
>>40140289

Can someone please share the pic of all the /fit/ approved routines?
>>
>>40140587
You don't necessarily have to get weaker. If you're a beginner, there's no reason you can't get stronger.

>>40140628
He's referring to sleep apnea and HTN I think.

>>40140794
What you're saying is "I can't do a real chin-up." Look at Scoob's guide on how to get started.

>>40140926
See a psychiatrist. Are you schizophrenic? Are you having actual psychotic symptoms?

>>40141138
Stop doing ramping sets. Next time, do 120 for 5x5. If you complete it, do 125 the time after that.

>>40141187
Weighted pull-ups. Don't do wide grip. It's a meme supreme.

>>40141405
>quadracarn
There's no evidence that carnitine really does anything to improve body composition. Creatine improves performance though.

>>40141489
Psych yourself up, get under the bar, and lift it. Don't let the idea of failure even enter your mind.

>>40141510
Don't take advice from fat people. 3-4 days a week is fine for strength training. You can do cardio on your off days if you like.

>>40141524
Blood lipids improve with weight loss. Eat 30-40 grams of fiber a day. Do cardio to improve your HDL.
>>
>>40141107
yeah do you mind telling me what the standard deadlift plate width is?
>>
>>40140875
bumping for this 8.75 inches off the ground would mean these plates are actually too small (which I'm fine with). Also convincedwhatever this guy's problem is he's a retard >>40141107
>>
>>40141573
Yea, once you get passed this, I think you'll be surprised with how much you'll progress. Everyone hits a plateau at some point.

Start off a 140, make sure your technique is on point, and if you have a spotter, that's always helpful.

Coffee, or caffeine rather, gives you a boost again. Personally, I take 200 mg of caffeine ~30 minutes before my workouts, the boost I get isn't super amazing like it was when I first started taking it, but still gives me plenty of energy over my workout. I would recommend it, then you can determine if it's right for you.
>>
So I've known these girls for five years (since freshman year of high school). Throughout the first three years, they'd always laugh at my jokes, hang out with me, but they'd always call me dumb or gross or eww, even though they'd still squeeze my biceps, compliment my eyes, etc.. Year four (senior year) comes along, one of them invites me to their house alone, makes out with me for 3+ hours, lets me take off her shorts and shirt/bra, and lets me play with her butt and boobs (they were DD's). She was a solid 7/10. Anyways, she kept texting me for a while, but I had gotten into a relationship with another girl a month later, and both of them kinda push away from me once they found out.

Question is: Was I a complete retard and they were into me the entire four years, and I just missed every hint? They were both 7's.

Any signs I should watch out for with girls in college? Sophomore now.
>>
>>40142273
You have the 'tism.
>make out with some bitch for three fucking hours
>don't give her the dick
What the FUCK is wrong with you, seriously this is some SERIOUS FUCKING WEAPONS GRADE AUTISM, I mean bro, bro, breeeeeh.
>>
>>40142292
didn't have a condom, she wasn't on the pill.
>>
>>40142303
What a fucking cuck. Just finish in her mouth or something I mean come on boyo.
>weapons grade autism
>>
I really only have time to workout after work. The problem is that I work second shift and don't get to the gym until about 1:15am. What should I eat after working out at this hour?
>>
So my friend convinced me to start going to the gym with him and so I signed up at [spoiler]planet fitness[/spoiler]. I know that's like the ultimate pleb gym, and I will admit the "judgement free zone" and "lunk alarm" is really cringe, but it's cheap as fuck and super close to my house so idgaf.

Anyways my question is, does the Smith machine impact your lift at all? Obviously it ensures you going straight up and down, which I would think is a good thing. I was doing benchpress sets of 5 reps at 225 and it felt easier then 4 years ago when I last lifted in high school with free weights. Am I just stronger now or does the Smith machine make it easier? Is the bar even 45 lbs? Today was the first time I've ever used one in my life so I really don't know.
>>
>>40142334
Smith machine bar is 15 lbs. If you're doing 2 plates, you're really doing 195 lbs.
>>
>>40142334
The bar is -100 lbs. So you have to add 145 lbs to equal freeweight lifts.
>>
>>40142334

The smith machine tends to make it easier (the actual bar weight can also vary a fair bit - I've seen as low as 10lbs and as high as 55).

The big issue is that locking you into a specific bar path (not all smiths are vertical either - some are angled which is a whole different pain in the arse) hides form issues that would otherwise be obvious. Also not every lift uses a completely vertical bar path.
>>
>>40142346
And the machine itself is -90 lbs. So along with >>40142345 you just lifted 5 lbs.
>>
>>40142273
something similar happening to me. someone pls help.
>>
does rest day timing matter significantly? i'm doing a brosplit, chest tris/back his/shoulders forearms/legs, usually rest before legs but my work schedule is very inconsistent and sometimes i move things around to lift on my day off
>>
>>40142367
If a female maintains voluntary contact with you over a period of more than one day she wants you to insert your penis into her vagina.
>>
>>40142345
>>40142354
Wow ok no wonder. Tbph I'm probably just gonna try to convince my friend to go to a different gym, there's an la fitness (they're ok right?) not too much farther. He's a huge jew though so it'll be tough to convince him to spend twice as much and drive further.
>>
After how much time on a cut do I usually experience strenght loss?
>>
I eat 3 teaspoons of honey and 3 tangerines a day. I'm cutting. Is this okay? I'm in a deficit, hiting my protein and fats and only eat these sugars around/during my lifting sessions.
>>
>>40142408

Depends how much you're cutting and how hard.

Done right you can usually get away with losing very little unless there's a huge amount of fat to be removed.
>>
>>40142392
I (>>40142345) use LA Fitness. Granted it's in a nicer area, so it's pretty nice inside, even if it can get a bit crowded at times (new years people are gone now). Check the rates, don't pay initiation fee. If you have any friends or family that are members, join in on their plan. It'll skip the initiation fee and it's all online.
>>
>>40142273
fak me too. some anon has got to have the answer
>>
Is it normal/should I get preoccupied that I'm losing a lot of weight on my first week of a cut? Just wanted to lose weight slowly to maintein as much muscle mass as possible, but on these first days weight is going down a lot. Also how to maintein as much muscle mass as possible?
>>
>>40141138
Also in the same situation as this anon, although I'm repping at 80 pounds.
>>
>>40142428
If they talk to you, they don't think youre gross.
>>
>>40142422
1800 kcals for a 175 lbs. Was just wondering if I should expect.
>>
Tell me I will break bench plateau today
>>
>>40142450
Why would they call me that type of stuff then?
>>
>>40142463
What do you honestly think women say "Anon your body is amazing I want to unzip your pants right here and suck you off now"? I believe you are autism and cannot understand social cues.

They think you are above their league so they ironically call you "gross" and such to try and get you to feel as though they are sufficient.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (61KB, 540x511px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
61KB, 540x511px
>>40142497
>They think you are above their league so they ironically call you "gross" and such to try and get you to feel as though they are sufficient.

F-fuck... is this for real?

I mean, shit, I don't expect them to say my body is amazing blah blah, but I also didn't think the sufficient part either.

What other shit like this do they do?
>>
>>40142497
>What do you honestly think women say "Anon your body is amazing I want to unzip your pants right here and suck you off now"?
Not if you aren't Chad
>>
>>40142518
Here's the deal. Women are passive-agressive cunts who try to make other people feel worse in order to make themselves look better. Disregard everything they say and grab her by the pussy.
>>
>>40141231
live my life brodude
>>
How can I leave this board?

I've been lifting for two years. I already know my shit. But I keep coming back to this board to browse and see if any interesting has happened but I only end up getting mad because people are STILL taking "advice" from a mentally ill transsexual.
>>
>>40142565
It seems trannies are the source of your problems. If you kill every single tranny fuck in the world you will be able to leave. Make me proud son, Make America Straight Again.
>>
File: MTPX2952.jpg (460KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
MTPX2952.jpg
460KB, 979x832px
I need help.
I'm a femanon that has already lost 37lbs since may/16, but planning to loose more 33lbs, so I can reach my "ideal weight".
I'm currently taking collagen pills and caffeine pills (210g per pill, it ain't much but my metabolism is quite slow, so it helps a lot).

My question is: should I also take whey protein?

I've been searching and the most useful in this case might be isolate/hydrolyzed. Both are expensive af where I live, so I want to make sure it's really necessary.
>>
>>40142585
ECA+DNP
>>
>>40142565
Get yourself banend
Fill your time so you don't have any for ch0n
Move to Iran
Block 4chan from hosts file
Use one of those productivity extensions for your browser

Come on be creative
>>
>>40142591
You know I really would like to kill you tranny.
>>
>>40142598
B-but I'm not a tranny, I am just feminine I swear
>>
>>40140289
how much is 1 pl8 2pl8 in kg etc?
>>
>>40142612

60,100, etc. Just keep going up in 40kg jumps.
>>
>>40142273
shit we're in the same situation

>be me
>junior in college
>have attractive qt3.14 friend since first year
>always calls be weird, freak, etc.
>randomly throws in compliments every now and then
>drunk at party
>about to make out with me
>friend (don't know her) pulls her away
>she doesn't remember

fml
>>
>>40142589
U serious? I mean, I wouldn't like to resort to anabolics, that caffeine thermogenic I've been taking is enough.
>>
Marriedfags, do you remove your wedding ring while in the gym, not for the grills, but for grip as I find mine digging into my hand
>>
>>40142585
>>40142589
My bad I forgot to mention that I've been working out since June. 1hr of cardio (mostly cycle) + lifting machines, 5 times a week at gym.
>>
If I keep cutting will I eventually lose the stubborn fat? I seem to have an especially difficult case of it, because even after months of cutting, I can't lose it. Everything else becomes stringy with 0% fat left, but he stubborn areas just stay like that. What the fuck.
>>
Podcast recommendations to listen to during work? I work 9 hours, it's insanely boring and I just need to distract myself somehow.

I already listen to JRE and Weird Entrepreneurs, Radiolab. I'd prefer business-y but also laid back ones.
>>
>>40142615
>tfw I can't even diddylift or squat 3 pl8 or ohp 1pl8

gotte aim for more weight then
>>
What's a good routine that has no squats or deadlifts, or any exercise that puts heaps of weight through the spine?
I had 12 vertebrae fused a few months ago, and have been told things like that are out of the question.
>>
>>40142760
i've heard squats and deadlifts are pretty good
>>
Hey boys, trying to get into wrestling and was wondering if any of you could give me a second opinion on this off-season routine:

http://www.kylehuntfitness.com/off-season-wrestling-training-program/

imo, it looks like I'm gonna overtrain the fuck out of my lower back/glutes in phase two, but maybe I'm dumb
>>
>>40142649
She remembers, she'll never admit it.
>>
>>40142671
I figure that's only logical.
>>
I have inflammation on my nipples, can't grow much facial or body hair, struggle to gain weight. I'm a 6 feet 150 pound skelly, and my sex drive while it isn't that bad is not the best, at most I can last 3 rounds a night. Even my 27 y/old brother who's a faggot is like 10 times manlier than me. I'm 18 years old is there any hope for me or should I end it now?
>>
>>40143049
I wrestled for six years and this routine looks somewhat similar to our training on the mats.

You have to understand that building huge mass isnt the priority of a wrestlers training. You usually need a mixture of endurance and strength with the most important aspect being personal skill.

You also usually need to stay within a weight class for the duration of a season, which means that you can't bulk or cut like you normally would in fitness.

So most of what you hear on this board doesnt apply.
>>
I won't have access to gym and shit for two months. Can somebody give me a good guide to a bodyweight routine? I realise you can't get ripped on that, but I want to minimise muscle loss.
>>
File: DSC_0118.jpg (195KB, 719x1049px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0118.jpg
195KB, 719x1049px
>>40140289
I'm about to start my cut next week and I was planning on doing the following
>Inermittent fasting (eat from 2pm to 10 pm
>lift on weekdays (a toned down version Greg Plitt's MFT28 if you're interested, essentially an extreme intensity 5 day bro split)
>fasted run/swimming on weekends
>take bcaas in the morning and prior to any exercise
I'm currently 83kg and 179 cm and hoping to reach ~77kg with little to no muscle atrophy, am I missing out on anything and will the morning bcaas interfere with IF?
pic is me
>>
>>40142416
Bump
>>
alright boys, so i've been doing 10-30 second planks off and on for the last two days, should I let my muscles repair and shit or keep going at it? also my obese roommate says that my abs will show if I lower my body fat percentage, do I just need to lose more weight then or will gaining some muscle be better?
>>
Rather than working off a 7 day cycle like
>Push/core, pull, legs/core, push, pull/core, legs, rest

Would it be better to do something like this?
>Push/C, Legs, Pull/C, Rest, Push/C, Legs, Pull/C, Rest
Or would it make no difference at all?
>>
What is it about pre that makes me need to shit half the time? I don't need to crap when I have lots of coffee or that first sip... Also I felt some ache and a weird itchy feeling in my bowels a few days ago, should I be worried or is it just down to me being constipated? I only take a dump every 3-5 days, possible IBS?
>>
File: 1483071862153.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
1483071862153.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>40143283
>>
What about protein shakes /fit?
Sticky has nothing on it.

What should i be aware of?
>>
>>40140620
Probably just means tighten your glutes. Context?
>>
>>40143632
You dont need them until you stall months/years into programs

Just eat more protein
>>
I'm starting to bulk and been drinking a lot more water every day, a short couple liters, but I've been peeing a lot more often now, as in extremely more often. Is this normal? Should I hold it in or something?
>>
Any recommended stretching routines or guides?
>>
File: P WADE.jpg (87KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
P WADE.jpg
87KB, 600x901px
WHERE THE __FUCK__ IS CALISTHENICS GENERAL FFS?! IT'S BEEN TWO FUCKING WEEKS. TWO WEEKS!!!

So I'm doing DIAGONAL FUCKING PULL-UPS, but I can't do 10 yet, so according to PW I should just do 1 set every week. But it feels like I'm wasting fucking time and I don't feel any pain on the next day like I can with push-ups, squats?

I also don't feel fucking pain with knee-tucks even though I do 2-3 hard fucking sets until I fucking shake and can't physically do no more. WHAT THE FUCK?! Should I forget the whole 6 fucking days rest thing and just do it every fucking 4 days or something? IT'S BEEN 4 FUCKING DAYS AND I'M THINKING OF DOING SOME MORE FUCKING KNEE-TUCKS FFS!!!

Please help.
>>
I do OHP and db front squats as I lift with dumbbells at home. I notice my squats suffer if I do them after OHP, but don't want my OHP ROM to suffer from tiredness holding the dbs up to my shoulders.
Do I give myself more rest time? Or should I do squats first one day, OHP first the next?
>>
>>40143758
> OHP
Scam for faggots. Do fucking calisthenics bro. No need for "equipment", your already equipped with your mighty body.
>>
>>40143753
You're not supposed to be feeling pain, maybe some very mild doms. Bodyweight prgressions ae more about neuromuscular adaptation than feeling pain or not being able to move the next day
>>
>>40143805
Who the fuck are you, faggot, to tell me what bodyweight progressions are about, self-fool? NO PAIN = NO GAIN it's that fucking simple. Of course retarded lifters don't know that you can feel pain without expensive jewchinary
>>
>>40143758

Do chest and back workouts after your squats you mong, all you're doing is weakening your upper body support for the heavier lift.
>>
>>40143753
Are you aware of the fact that you don't have to be a certified thread creator to start a calisthenics general?
>>
I think I've hurt myself. Long story short, after doing jumping jacks, my feet are fucked up. Near the centre, on the bottom, it pulls badly when I try to walk. Pulling my big toe back hurts like hell. It's not as bad as it was yesterday (1 day after the damage) but I'm wondering what the fuck I did?

I tend to have tight calves and I had to stretch them for a good couple weeks before I could actually do squats. Think it's just to do with tight tendons, and I'm pulling stuff out? My foot paing is definitely a "pulling" pain but, google has been really unhelpful. (everyone says it's tendinitis and I know it's not that.)
>>
>>40143842
I created one and it fucking sank even though I bumped it 5 fucking times. Apparently retarded sheeple don't want to post unless there's fucking FAQ - moronic fucking autists. If anybody fucking got it btw - give it to me, I'll create a fucking thread.
>>
>>40143846
>doing jumping jacks

Don't do jumping jacks, it's a good way to stretch body parts in aggressive ways that you'll never use for minimal benefit. Just jump rope or run or any other form of cardio
>>
>>40143919
SUCK MY FUCKING DICK FAGGOT

Don't listen to this fucking ass-gaper who clean shaves and grows stubble. This fucking sissy retard probably does "light cardio" and eats kale instead of meat. Fucking disgusting undermale piece of shit.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""aggressive ways"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" my fucking ass. Life is fucking aggressive. BUT YEAH LET'S JUST FUCKING DO YOGA AND HOPE NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENS - IT'S NOT LIKE ______________FUNCTIONAL FUCKING STRENGTH____________ IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS.

OH NO WAIT IT FUCKUING DOES

Moron. Don't take others in your swarm you fucking worm.
>>
My weight loss is stalling, for two weeks I have a problem going below 68 kgs (manlet here), I'm eating around 1800 calories a day, gym 3 times a week, what am I doing wrong? Was going fine till now.
>>
>>40143919
All right, thank you. I've just been doing them to get my heart rate up.

Do you know of any good alternative I could try while my feet are repairing? I'm thinking burpees?
>>
>>40143975
What do you think about Burpees?

Not trying to pick sides in this argument. I'm not educated enough to know anything. Just trying to work around this injury this morning, before lunch.
>>
I only have access to a flat bench, squat stands, and a barbell. Is this enough for hypertrophy if i do 4x12 with only 90 seconds rest?

>MON
Bench
Wide grip bench
Pushup
Pullover

>WED
Pullup
Barbell row
One arm barbell row
Bro curls

>FRI
Squat
Overhead press
Deadlift (3x3, 3min rest)
Upright row
Calf raise

If i want to improve my chest would you recommend getting an incline bench or barbells for flyes first?
>>
>>40144007
When your weight decreases, your tdee also does.
>>
65kg skeletal here. How the diddly darn heck am I supposed to eat 3000 calories a day ? I usually have to do a whooping 350g of pasta with 400g of sauce with a solid amount of meat on each meal.
Needless to say, those meals take an unholy amount of time to eat, I can pass up to 45 minutes at it.
Thing is I'm a student, so I can't take the time to have more than 3 meals a day, and my breakfast is something among the lines of half a liter of silk milk and some cereals which roughly sums up to 400cal. Best meal I found so far is homemade burgers (steak, buns and tomatoes : 500cal per burger, I can eat four of them easily and quickly). Any ideas ?
>>
File: 1446895096452.jpg (245KB, 1200x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1446895096452.jpg
245KB, 1200x1087px
>>40144166
2 Litres of milk a day is 1280 kcals. 3 Mcdonalds double cheesebrugers are 1320.

If you don't want to do that. you'll have to learn to cook.
>>
>>40144188
Welp, let's say I don't want to do that then. I can cook desu, the real question here is about what should I cook that would not end up in me eating 1kg per meal.
>>
>>40144166
You could make yourself shakes if you have a blender
>>
when should I incorporate long distance running into my PPL routine? I need to implement it for 10k and upwards training
>>
Can I just eat raw oats in milk? I hate how it gets so mushy after cooking it.
>>
>>40144296
Put them in your protein shake. It tastes delicious but you will need a spoon.
>>
>>40142416
Might be too much sugar and carbs bro. Try soy
>>
File: 1483719412999.png (292KB, 492x419px) Image search: [Google]
1483719412999.png
292KB, 492x419px
>>40142671
nah wearing my ring for deadlifts feels fucking fantastic holy shit you fucking retard did she take your brain with your balls?
>>
>>40143349
Won't take long for you to cut. Maybe increaze cardio is my only suggestion
>>
Are oatz for bulking or cutting?
>>
>>40144296
>>40144335
Sorry that didnt answer your question. Yes you can eat them raw. Especially if you soak them for a minute or two (but you dont have to). Its just like eating cereal or granola.
>>
Am I supposed to feel it in my glutes when I do Romanian Deadlifts?
>>
>>40144035
Look, it depends on what do you do it FOR. If your feet are in the way, handle your little injury first and then try straight hops. If that's too much - build up to it while stretching your shits.

But don't think that it's the exercise's fucking fault. There are no "dangerous" exercises - there are unprepared fucking people. Those sissies would ban every exercises with a bit of explosive work in it were it up to their will. And sadly a lot of the time it fucking is.
>>
>>40142671
Leave it on specifically for grills. They love that shit. May get your dick sucked right there.
>>
Is 1 day of cardio a week enough?
>>
Is dumbell pullover a decent back exercise. It doesn't seem to hit very well. Maybe replace with one arm rows?
>>
>>40143433
Target your abs every couple of days. As for them showing, lowering your bodyfat will help, yes, but if you have no muscle to speak of you won't have abs to show anyway.
>>
How do you stay on your diet when you're having a severe, almost suicidal depressive episode? I ate double what I was supposed to and feel sick from that much food, but I don't know how to keep myself from being self-destructive.
>>
>>40144595
is lifting a dumbbell once a month enough?
>>
>>40144512
I'm just doing it for aerobics. I need something to keep my heart above 120 in-between sets. I like jumping jacks for that and plan to do them again once my tendon stretches out. I'm just looking for something else in the meantime.

It's not so much about being "unprepared", I've hit a new threshold and I'm pushing on my aerobics days. I expect some pain. I just need to work around this while my body repairs over the next few days.
>>
>>40144747
Have a physical job and running wrecks my calves for at least 3 days hard to fit in my leg days and cardio/running days
>>
I'm at 76kg, 178cm atm and I wanted to do a small cut. Am I going to lose fat if I eat at maintenance and do some cardio or should I also eat at a deficit. I don't want to lose much mass
>>
File: 1475638869736.jpg (17KB, 338x430px) Image search: [Google]
1475638869736.jpg
17KB, 338x430px
I can't seem to reach a 2pl8 squat for the life of me. I've been told my form is good, I'm eating at a surplus, even got weighlifting shoes to see if they'd help, but nothing works. I've already deloaded twice from 90kg, and I'm still stuck. What do? (185cm 85kg)
>>
>>40144788
just eat at a 400 calorie deficit.
>>
File: IMG_0389.jpg (133KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0389.jpg
133KB, 722x1280px
I squat 125kg for 8x5
I have a question about my legs, they're kind of out of proportion,

How do I fix this ?

Pics related
>>
File: IMG_0390.jpg (148KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0390.jpg
148KB, 722x1280px
>>40144845
>>
I'm 6'4" and 190lb.

I have extremely skinny arms and narrow shoulders but i've gained a large gut and love handles want to lost some fat before I start getting serious about bulking and working out. Would eating only 1700 calories a day plus cardio every day help me lose this extra weight fast?
>>
File: IMG_0388.jpg (128KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0388.jpg
128KB, 722x1280px
>>40144845
>>40144856
>>
>>40144480
Yes and your lats and hamstrings
>>
>>40144958
Cool thanks, I figured they were only really supposed to hit hamstrings hard.
Don't really feel them in my lats much though.
>>
Should I get my driver's license?
>>
>>40145006
No problem, if you don't feel it in your flutes your form mightn't be great,

Remember to push your arse back wards, keep your chest up, back straight and knees only slightly bent, as you bring the bar down past your knees you should really feel it.
>>
will I get ripped if I do 20 pushups and 10 pullups daily?
>>
>>40145328
No
>>
>>40145414
why not? isn't a pull up like doing a bar bell curl of your body weight?

isn't a push up like a bench press of like 60% of your body weight?

if I'm curling 220 pounds and benching 130 that's gotta be doing something for the pecs and bi's
>>
File: 1485276699738.jpg (174KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485276699738.jpg
174KB, 1080x720px
>>40140289
How long should a beginner take to reach 1/2/3/4?
>>
I'm at 225 squat, 300 deadlift, 150 bench and 115 OHP, but I am cutting as I am getting too fat.
Is it still possible to get some beginner gains or am I past that at this point?
>>
>>40145440
Between 1 year and 2
>>
>>40144677
No other options.
Only have good foods at home

>>40144793
mental training and heavy supports and quarter squats.

Where is your sticking point?

>>40145429

with the right diet, sure
>>
>>40145619
6'3 220 on a 2000k diet getting 100g protein
>>
>>40142317
Protein

>>40142438
Low carb?

Protein, sleep

>>40142733
tim ferris podcast

Ted radio hour

>>40143682
it s okay, mabe a bit salt with it

>>40143703
Limber 11 and some yoga shit
>>
>>40145628
Some easy cardio with it

and try to get good food and good sleep.

macros matter but do not overlook the other stuff
>>
Can i live from eating only suplements like weight gainer and whey protein?
Also raw eggs
It's just for a week or two cause i got my tonsils removed and can't swallow for shit
>>
Does doing OHP with large bumper plates make it harder or easier?

Like 50kg of iron plates vs 50kg worth of bumpers
>>
>>40145802
Yes.

Also bone broth
>>
>>40145619
Sticking point? Well, I guess I just don't feel like I have the power to stand back up. I've always struggled with squats, and my deadlifts are pretty atrocious as well, but I'm doing well with BP and OHP (85kg and 50kg respectively 3x6). I don't know if I can pinpoint the weakness, maybe my legs are just weak overall and I need supplementary exercises for them. Any ideas, anon?
>>
>>40145820
Mentaly the bumpers feel easier for me, cause, they're so colourful ( I know, wiered)
But the iron looks smaller...
on the physics side same on the mental side its abou you
>>
>>40145802
yeah but you should really be eating greens for nutrition.
>>
Only can do dumbell squats at home. Should I try holding them up and slightly resting on shoulders to be more like a real squat or continue holding them down
>>
>>40145824
Nice, thanks

>>40145883
I'll try blending some broccoli and carrots
>>
>>40145838
Three ideas:

1. Mental practice it

2. Overload training; after standing up with 140 kg or quarter squatting it you will have much less "respect" for 100 kg.
Do Anderson squats and paused ones for your bottom postion and learn how to use a bit of the stretch reflex.

3. Practice the lifts; look into easy strength by Dan john for this idea
>>
>>40145892
Goblet or resting on shoulders.
>>
How does /fit/ feel about p90x and other meme type programs, specifically for losing weight.

I originally did p90 and lost a shit ton of weight.
Now I'm fat again and just started around of p90x3
>>
>>40145960
Do weights
>>
File: 1485105706779-pol.jpg (414KB, 1260x680px) Image search: [Google]
1485105706779-pol.jpg
414KB, 1260x680px
I do a lot of walking every day and rely on it as my main source of exercise. According to a few online calculators walking 5km (3.1m) in 60 minutes on an even surface will burn anywhere from 280-360 calories. I walk 15km most days, so that would mean 840-1080 calories burnt. Does that seem accurate? Someone before told me there's noway that is true. Is there a more accurate way to calculate how many calories are burnt walking?
>>
File: O0MYPjF.jpg (519KB, 1912x2475px) Image search: [Google]
O0MYPjF.jpg
519KB, 1912x2475px
I've been doing one hour of stretching every morning for two weeks now, trying to achieve the splits. 10 minutes of basic mobility stretching, then nine stretches from the Starting Stretching program, and then about eight more additional stretches. I don't know for sure if I'm making any
progress. I can't tell the difference between an uncomfortable stretch hold and a painful hold. I don't really enjoy doing it and my motivation to continue is slipping away. I feel like an idiot wasting so much time and causing myself discomfort for no reason.

Is anyone able to perform the splits, how did you achieve it, what exercises, how often, and how much time?
>>
>>40141755

Am seeing counselor and psychiatrist. And yeah, I am schizophrenic and have psychotic symptoms. I went to a youth psyche ward twice when I was younger for suicide attempts, and once to an adult ward for "Delusional thinking." I've had clinical depression for 7 years, started having psychotic symptoms about two years ago. Guess I'm one of those type B people. Having both of those have made me think that it can't get better, even if I understand it doesn't just get better and that I have to put effort into it. But it's so goddamn hard. Even meditation, actively doing nothing, is hard to force myself to do.
>>
>>40146012
I started lifting after my first round of p90. I haven't lifted in nearly a year and have gained a lot of fat.

I just want to lose weight fast in the next three months since I can't afford a gym membership right now.
>>
>>40145959
I do goblets as well
>>
>>40143593
bump
>>
I'm doing a 1 week trial at a local dojo (bjj and kickboxing) next week to see if I want to start a membership.

What are the kinds of things I should be on the lookout for?
>>
how do you fix your hunchback fellow hunchbacks?
>>
>>40146184
See if the grand master has stared in a jackie chan film or not.
>>
>>40146184

Make sure the place is full of bros that start fights at parties.
>>
>>40145944
It could well be some sort of mental block... Thanks for the advice anon, much appreciated.
>>
File: Tiger 2 UHD.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger 2 UHD.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
My dang bench went down by like 10 lbs.

Last week I did Spoto press for 6 sets of 4 with 185 lbs. Yesterday I was barely able to hit 3 sets of 165 for 6 reps. I felt my arms gassing out on rep 4-5ish and pushing with everything I have for rep 6.

Could this be diet-related? I've been doing Couch to 5k prior to lifting even last week but maybe that could be a reason for the loss in strength too? I also hit 355 for deadlifts for 6 the day before (Monday) which was a +40 lbs from pause deadlifts last week (Friday) because I counted the weight wrong (I thought it was 295 and was wondering why it was so freaking hard when I pulled 315).

Just wondering for advice because my bench was increasing quite rapidly at the beginning of this month (160 up to 185) because of noob gains. Pretty bummed.
>>
>>40146187
for me it was deadlifts. I tried DBRows and face pulls but getting my deadlift up was the solution

I also always got doms right in that lacking area in the upper back after deadlifting
>>
Not really a question but I have to get this story off my chest.
>Be a few months ago
>Get enrolled late into an extra class for one lf my subjects to help get a higher grade
>This is a lesson once a week
>Normally sit alone in my seat at the front and sometimes talk to the girls next to me but I'm pretty spergy
>Walk into class today and my seat is taken
>There is no seating plan so people just sit wherever so no big deal
>I find a new seat at the back next to this girl(A) with one other dude
>Another girl(B) turns up to the class late so the teacher moves my desk like a metre to the left to make space for this girl(B) on the end
>Girl(A) moves her table back next to mine but leaves like a inch gap so I'm just sat there on my own while everyone else in the class is sat next to people
>I don't say anything despite her being a stupid whore.

What should I have done?
>>
>>40145328

times both by 3
>>
>down to last ten bucks from paycheck
>girlfriend would rather buy alcohol for one night
>I'd rather buy a case of water, some eggs, bananas, rice, vegetables to get us through the next few days

What do I do? Is she a gainz goblin?
>>
>>40146243
I assume you're doing candito linear? then I don't think it will be overtraining, even with your deadlift 'accident'

you won't kill your gainz with couch to 5k either

>Could this be diet-related?
sure, didn't you eat enough? did you lose weight?

other reasons
>no pre workout this time
>unusual daytime
>not enough sleep today
>stress
>>
>>40146313
I'm trying to get there.
>>
Not a question, but I just figured out what dyel meant.
>>
>>40146353
Dick you'll eat later
>>
What routine should I do that

>4 days a week
>Doesn't have both bench and OHP on same day unless alternating
>Will give me strength and aesthetics
>>
>>40146310
sry I didn't really understand you but it's probably either
>you're overreacting
>she believes you're schizoid and want your distance from people
>she thinks you're weird
>>
>>40146385
candito linear and candito 6 week would be in the sticky if they were created earlier

if you're willing to set your OHP as an assistance exercize, these are the best programs out there
>>
File: 1433924478615.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1433924478615.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>40146339
Yeah! I am doing candito linear. Good to know I'm not overtraining and cardio isn't "killing my gains".

I don't take preworkout and I got a good nights rest. I did start school and my diet has been a pretty small breakfast, small lunch and then I get home and eat a big dinner to meet my calorie needs.

I have been cutting though. Losing about 1-2.5 lbs per week. But would that make my bench go down? Even when my squat/deadlift are still going up?
>>
>>40140289

If I cut to lose fat but still have unwanted fat upon reaching my ideal bmi, is it safe to just keep losing fat until I reach my desired physique?
>>
>>40146385
>>40146422
>Doesn't have both bench and OHP on same day unless alternating
sry, did not read that. well since there is a 4 days/week texas method version you are allowed to make your own 4days/week version of starting strength

>40146434
I don't think so. maybe if your bench is like far higher than your lower body lifts. on a cut it might happen that your glycogen levels are to low. like that you didn't eat enough right before that training session. like, eating big in the morning, than only a litte for lunch bc cutting, then no energy for benching in the late afternoon
>>
>>40146494
yes. bmi is made by physicians who are all gains goblins, without an exception

do you think bmi does still make sense an a person with a lot of muscle mass?
>>
>>40146434
>>40146501
>>
How to get forearms like Popeye?
>>
>>40146395
Yeah my story is quite hard to explain anon sorry and yeah you might be right. Although either way there was no reason for her to go out of her way to move away from me except for she is a bitch. I'm not wierd/ugly but a little aloof/reserved desu so I don't see any reason for her to act that way. I really shouldnt care that much but the fact that I have to spend an hour each week in this class worries me
>>
Is beeturia completely harmless or should i cut the beets when my piss gets purplish?
>>
>>40146501

Hm. Maybe it was just a bad lifting day. I'll have spoto presses again this Friday and I'll see if I can hit 190 for 4 (+5 lbs from last week, +15 from yesterday).

Thank you. Bench has always been a problem for me.
>>
>>40146552
Wrist roller
Rope climbs/hangs
Fat gripz
Rolling thunder deadlifts
Farmers walks
>>
>>40146337
Jesus dump her
>>
File: CeRjV9aUMAAJrRj.jpg (17KB, 419x234px) Image search: [Google]
CeRjV9aUMAAJrRj.jpg
17KB, 419x234px
I'm gonna restart my work out routine back at home, strictly for the mean of gaining muscles.
I'm gonna diet and do al the stuff that i should be doing,
I'm 5'11 and weigh 170 pounds right now (according to the scales I'm carrying 5 extra pounds of weight).
Should I cut until I'm on my proper weight (165 pounds) or should i start doing exercises to gain muscle?
pls help.
>>
>>40146703

But her family is rich and keeps funneling money to her, which trickles down to me.

If I left her I would not be able to stay in college. I am an orphan.
>>
Is dumbell pullover a decent back exercise? Should I switch to one arm rows? The pullovers don't seem to hit my back well
>>
>>40144845
Someone please reply

>REEEEEEEEEE
>>
I can get BCAA's fairly cheap, are they any good?
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
23KB, 480x360px
I'm having problem with my benchpress. I did 3x5 60 kg today, but even with empty bar my hands are working unevenly like right hand works more to push and then left one starts doing more job, and barbell moves all over the place. How do I fix it?
>>
Can I get a link to the discord?
>>
>>40146947
Do some dumbell press to get your weak side strength up
>>
>>40146947
is one of your shoulders elevated? If you pull your shoulders back, do they go back evenly, as in are they equally mobile? Have you filmed yourself pressing, are your elbows at the bottom symmetrical?
>>
>>40145440

I started seriously lifting in June 2016 and comfortably got 1/2/2.5/4 last week. Any time I've seen the topic brought up on /fit/ the majority of replies have said 6-12 months.

Obviously genetics, diet and starting point will affect this, but if you stick to your routine I wouldn't expect it to take longer than 9 months.
>>
>>40146743
cut
>>
Going to the cinema now, what low calorie snack can I get to bring with me?
>>
>>40147225

Get popcorn and don't put butter on it? I'm fat and I don't even eat there when I see a movie.
>>
>>40147225
Ice sandwich desu senpai
>>
how to lose 50ish lbs in a month or two.
>>
>>40147019
Sounds good. Are you following any particular program? How do you like the gains you have made?
>>
Can I get a plan on stretching?
How long should I do SS?
>>
>>40140289
i need a water filter pitcher off amazon please im starting to get estrogen headaches my limit is 68 dollars i have prime membership
>>
>>40147349
>Can I get a plan on stretching?
Personally, I don't do stretching, 5 minutes on trademill with 9 km/h, when I do warming up from the bar up to working weight.
>How long should I do SS?
6 months, and read the book, you can find it for free if you search long enough.
>>
>>40147313
Velocity diet
>>
>>40147349
Starting strechtig or One YOga routine or Limber 11

6 months or as long as it feels good.
>>
>>40142273
Anyone else got some advice for me?
>>
My OHP is consistently at 140. I started at 140, tried moving up to 145, which I did, then up to 150, which I could barely do 2 of, and then back to 145. Should I keep doing this to build strength? Or leave it at 140?
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Aquagear-Water-Filter-Pitcher-Fluoride/dp/B016LLLXJS/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1485374445&sr=1-2&keywords=aqua+gear+pitcher

which one should i get the made in the usa one or try the meme filter with alex jones

https://www.amazon.com/Propur-Water-Pitcher-ProOne-G-Removable/dp/B011JAH908/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485374535&sr=8-1&keywords=propur+water+pitcher

anyone have any experience with these things
>>
>>40147379
I have the book, kind of painful to read though. 6 months sounds reasonable.
>>40147402
Starting stretching felt like shit when I did it and is that not static stretching? I was told I should do dynamic?
Will look into the other ones, thank you.
>>
>>40147436
try 145

and do some push Presses, Press outs or Overhead holds

>>40147506

Limber 11 is good
>>
i got a small pinkish bump between my right thigh and balls, abit closer to the balls than thigh.
it doesn't hurt or itch, and it feels kind of smooth
is this herpes or ingrown hair?
>>
Is it possible that I pinched a nerve or something while doing shrugs? Did them yesterday for the first time and now i feel a weird spot in the upper right side of the back. It also hurts when I bend my neck to look down.
>>
Is wiping your station with a sweaty towel necessary gym etiquette?
I don't get it. You're going to shower at home anyways.
>>
are testosterone boosters snake oil i really need one
>>
File: yNlQWRM.jpg (865KB, 1813x2111px) Image search: [Google]
yNlQWRM.jpg
865KB, 1813x2111px
Does anyone know that website with a fitness guide that at some point in the beginning says: "I will tell you exactly how much muscle you are going to gain and how to measure it".. I lost the bookmark
>>
>>40140289
Do I automatically become a douche if I wear skin tight pants to the gym?
>>
Is buying protein bars and having one a week as a treat a good way to curb snacking on sweet food as a side to my medication?
>>
>>40140289
How long should I rest between pull up sets?
>>
I'm a fat fuck that used to be pretty athletic. I'm trying to lose weight but I'm going to grad school where I only have about an hour and a half for lunch which I normally skip to study.

My question is if it's a good idea to eat breakfast and then fast from 8am-5pm then come home to lift and go for a run before dinner. I'm already pretty used to doing it, am I fucking up my metabolism or will it ultimately benefit me?
>>
>>40141713
If you don't mind paying a bit more and drinking 14-16 oz drink before workout, then yes it is really nice. Comfy 300 mg of caffiene with a bunch of bullshit I've never heard of gives you a good consistent pump.

I've tried some off-brands, C4 and a couple other pre-workouts, and this shit is the nicest. Doesn't completely taste like battery acid either (looking at you, C4)

Try it out, man, the orange mango is decent but sugary and the cherry limeade is kinda tart
>>
>>40140289
Hey QTDDTOT
I've been out of the lifting game for almost a year now because of some bad depression and transferring colleges. I'm really having trouble finding a good workout routine for someone who knows the form and major lifts but is looking to build his strength again. does anyone have any ideas or good routines that they can use? I can go to the gym almost everyday but can only spend an hourish tops there, because I have to share the car.
>>
>>40148760
yes
>>40148861
30sec to a minute is what I was taught >>40147817
possibly, go easy on it this week
>>40148056
yes
>>40147436
go to 145 and keep it there for a while
>>
Please critique my routine,My goal is to build strength so comments on rep ranges and stuff is appreciated also any other suggestions for forearms and traps and why am I only feeling it in my biceps for lat pulldown?

Chest + triceps:
Chest - Barbell bench 5x5,incline barbell bench 5x5, dumbbell bench 5x5,incline dumbbell bench 5x5,machine chest press 5x5,Cable flyes 5x5
Triceps - Close grip bench press 5x5,dumbbell overhead triceps press 5x5,skullcrushers 5x5,triceps pushdown 5x5,cable overhead extensions 5x5

Legs+Shoulders+Traps
Legs –
Squat 5x5, leg press 5x5, leg extension 5x5, hamstring curls 5x5, calf press 3xfailure, Dumbbell lunge 3xfailure
Shoulders-
Machine shoulder press 5x5, side lateral raise 5x5, reverse machine flyes 5x5, seated dumbbell shoulder press 5x5, military press 5x5
Traps –
Dumbbell shrug 5x5, standing dumbbell upright row 5x5

Back+Biceps+Forearms-
Back –
Deadlift 5x5, Pendlay row 5x5, Seated cable row 5x5, dumbbell row 5x5, lat pulldown 5x5
Biceps –
Barbell curl 5x5, ez bar curl 5x5, concentration curl 5x5, cable curl 5x5, preacher curl 5x5
Forearms –
Barbell wrist curl 3xfailure, hammer curls 5x5
>>
>>40148805
Sure why not? Honestly I've found Grapefruit juice is amazing for killing the munchies in a cheap and healthy way.
>>
>>40140289
I have a longer torso, its good for swimming but I't makes it seem like my body is weird, what are some good upper chest and ab workouts?

Also I have a slightly bigger head, Will training traps really help even my body out.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (20KB, 711x124px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
20KB, 711x124px
Is this too much for one meal? The sodium is high because I entered the wrong amount of salt (which was used in the rice boiling water) and cbf editing it
>>
>>40149751
The scale goes Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sodium, Sugar for those who don't use MFP
>>
I ran track all 4 years of highschool and got pretty big thighs, but I never did squats.

Now i've just gotten into lifting and I don't feel anything after I've gotten done squating. Yesterday I had 35's on each side and could walk off fine.

What should I do?

I'm worried my stabilizers haven't had time to check up but the weight is too little for me to improve
>>
>>40149000
bumping

Should I keep fasting or try to eat a small lunch instead? Which is better for weight loss because I don't struggle with not eating.
>>
aye /fit/, I'm fat as fuck but have been dieting for about 2 weeks now, eating under or close to 2k calories a day, I've probably cut my food intake by like half but I'm never really that hungry. Is that normal?
>>
>>40149751
Chicken and rice 1200 calories???
>>
If I can't finish a set of 5 (failure during a 5x5), should I do 8 sets with 3 reps? Because I can do 3 reps. I do 5 warm up sets ramping up weight up to my "work weight", do you think I am warming up too much now that I am lifting a bit heavier?
>>
5'11 225 pound guy who wants to start getting im shape. Would doing west side for skinny bastards be good for my starting point or is there another program SS and stronglifts have been considered but I don't know.
>>
I just started going to go to the GYM today.
I have no idea what i was doing other than my instructor told me.
So pretty much i started working with only the bar and cardio.
And some machine where i had to close my arms together with it.
And something called 21s, also Hammer.

My diet will be mainly Oats, beans, rice, fish and chicken for a long time?
With some red meats?
No flour and soda? What else should i avoid?

Tomorrow is leg day, should i go or skip it if i will be carrying a 10kg backpack all day long?
Yes im that weak to be bothered by a backpack, im 167, 60-63Kg.

Anything that should i know now that im starting?
>>
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01NAGYV4L/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2VS4NLQ29SZMD&psc=1
Will a 6ft barbell be appropriate for this power cage?
>>
When/Why should I be using a belt? I have lifted for a couple of months without now and do lmao2plate squat and 2,5 deadlift in SS without ever having tried it, but there are some available at the gym. Is it to ensure not going to snapcity or what's the deal here?
>>
>>40147201
why?
>>
File: AAAOOOHHH.jpg (78KB, 499x460px) Image search: [Google]
AAAOOOHHH.jpg
78KB, 499x460px
I keep trying to eat more to bulk, even drinking protein shakes on nongym days. For some fucking reason I can't pass 208lbs. My goal is 220-230 (I'm 6'4). Is there some sort of trick to this shit? I work a lot and don't have time to count calories every day.
>>
Is greyskull LP a good program? I'm doing SS 3 times per week and running 3 days a week and my legs always sore, finding it hard to squat good.
>>
File: Meal Plan 2.png (56KB, 1709x468px) Image search: [Google]
Meal Plan 2.png
56KB, 1709x468px
Didn't see this other QTDDTOT

Keto/IF Meal Plan. This will be my strict consumption plan for 3 months.

Sunday will be my whatever day. I'm not sure if cyclical keto is a thing, was wondering if I could go over my carbs (only by a bit) but will likely stick to the plan and just concoct stupid shit and maybe a quest bar.

Get a critique? Also how much do ya'll spend on food in a month on average?
>>
>>40151157
Read the 70sBig articles about using belts, and disregard everything that anonymous will tell you about them here. There are likely to be a stream of random retards telling you that you can use one at arbitrary weights, not to use one at all, etc. Read those articles, and disregard what you read here.
>>
>>40141755
>mfw this is actually scoob saving /fit/
>>
Will eating a 16 inch extra meat meaty meat pizza dunked in olive oil every day help me make noob gainz or just turn me into a big fat mess?
>>
>>40152409
It's a pain in the ass to plan out every day individually for weeks-on-end, so plan out days in advance. If I'm dealing with chicken or some sort of meat I have to measure, I just throw out a ballpark estimate and correct it on my phone when it comes to brass taxes.

Also invest in dense caloric foods like nuts, oil, milk, and peanut butter.

>>40152562
I'd recommend investing in coffee. It's an appetite killer and with keto I can see some mad cravings seeping in after the first two weeks.

>>40152686
you'll get fat. Pizza is a nice bulking treat but only in-moderation. Having an entire large variation daily will make you feel like shit, not have that much protein, and have a metric fuckload of carbs in it.

It'd probably be expensive too.
>>
>>40149751
bro how much chicken and rice is that ?
>>
>>40152768
Coffee is a good idea. Thanks babe.
>>
where can I find whey protein for cheaper than 2.8 cents per gram of protein?

Thats so far the cheapest I've been able to find at Aldi.
>>
File: 1484978692349.jpg (57KB, 800x561px) Image search: [Google]
1484978692349.jpg
57KB, 800x561px
Is IF during a bulk enough to keep your BF slowly ticking down, for someone uninterested in a cut/bulk cycle? (oly lifting, not bodybuilding, but I want to look good)
>>
>>40152935

IF is not magically going to disappear the surplus calories.
>>
>>40152935
With Yohimbine and keto, yes. Mind you it has to be a slow bulk (500 surplus or under).
>>
>>40140320
I used to have this problem, then I realized my nose was always stuffy at home cause it was cold. Started having a portable heater in my room and now my nose is no longer stuffed
>>
File: 20160510_115336_tom-brady.jpg (204KB, 654x436px) Image search: [Google]
20160510_115336_tom-brady.jpg
204KB, 654x436px
what benchmarks did you guys reach first in terms of 1/2/3/4?

I got to 1 plate OHP, but i still cant do the 2/3/4, is it wrong that im progressing unevenly?
>>
>>40152992
Are you lifting to be strong or lifting for bitches? Because bitches only care about muh arms.
>>
>>40152903
per gram is getting a little autistic anon.

Just know this:

Cheap protein powder is less than $10 a pound.
Average is $10-13 a pound.
Pricey is $14-15
Expensive is anything above that.

You also want to make sure that you're not getting jewed out of your scoops. Some places have 30g scoops but only 18g of protein or so, some like Muscle Milk even less. But above all, you've gotta like what you get. No point in saving money if you fucking hate it (fucking MyProtein).
>>
>>40153002
i guess to get strong, im still a novice pretty much.
>>
File: facepulls2.jpg (42KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
facepulls2.jpg
42KB, 850x567px
I have a lot of shoulder pain when I bench press. I am considering adding facepulls to my routine to help my scapula.

I've heard two different techniques regarding form. I've head to keep my elbows above my wrists and I've also head that I need to keep my wrists above my elbows. Which is it?

Also, regarding benchpress form, can I tighten my back too much? Every video I watch makes it sound like I want my shoulder blades to be pulled back so far that they are touching, but I am starting to think that if I stop pulling my shoulder blades back that far, I might have more stability and strength in my shoulders.

In general, what can I do to improve the health of my shoulders? I already have good posture, so I do not think this is caused by a muscle imbalance. Also, I can do weighted dips with 55 pounds added, so that should mean that my shoulders are not horrible, right?
>>
What are the best bodyweight exercices to start for a obese person ? I am currently 150kg and i don't have access to club or equipement since i'm work on a shitty island.. I have start to count calories, i'm watching what i'm eating and i'm doing some fitness with a groupe of people every monday, wednesday and friday. But i want to work tuesday and thursday too, so every ideas are welcome.
>>
To get abs how much do I need to cut, or do I just need to work them out more? I cut from 155-140 and Im 5'9 and have noticed absolutely no changes. Does that mean I just need to work out harder or cut more?
>>
While cutting I'm not even bothering trying to add a lot of weight to my lifts. Is it legit to add the weight I've lost to my chinups and dips (so the total weight should remain constant)?
>>
I have a small skinny frame and I have two questions:

>appearantly my left shoulder is wider than my right, will lifting fix this or am I a genetic defect?
>I may be skinny but I have a chubby face and not the skinniest belly. Is this the result of bulking but not lifting? I've been starting with diet first before I move on to actual work outs
>>
>>40153627
fag dont worry about abs until you got moar muscle mass.
also do not fall the dont need to train abs meme
>>
>>40154245
And not actually a chubby face, the term I'd actually like to use is "undefined face". It have tubby cheeks, an overall circular shape and at bad camera angles/zoom ins I look a fat lanklet.
>>
I've been on 531 for a while. Really liking it and I'm definitely a fan of joker sets.

But I've noticed that the first cycles I could hit high AMRAP numbers and therefore earn joker sets quite often. Whereas now it's getting much harder, and I even when I get them I usually can only handle one joker set.

Is this intended? Or am I not progressing well enough?
>>
/fit/, I fell off the wagon a while ago but started lifting again yesterday. I can't remember the last time I felt so good and am itching to work out today again.
So here is my question, will I be buying a ticket to snapcity if I work out today, or can I go ahead? The only muscle soreness I have are in my quads and lower legs right now, but it should be fine.
>>
What can I expect when I go off the creatine?
>>
>>40154686
Would help if you listed what exercise you did and are planning to do anon.

Either way, doing the same exercises/muscle groups today as yesterday is stupid. You need to recover to make gains.
>>
>>40154730
Deadlifts, OHP, Squats, Rows, Bench and [spoiler]curls[/spoiler]. 5x5 in that order. There were two moments where I felt pretty lightheaded, but they passed quickly.
That being said, I drastically reduced the weight on each exercise after trying 45kg OHP 2 days ago and barely managed to do 5.
Man, I regret ever stopping, I lost like 20-30% of my strength over a few months.
I'm also on a pretty big cut, if that is relevant. My macros are fine, but the deficit is huge.
>>
>>40154774
Since you're not a beginner I'm sure you know your body well enough to do what's best. But I personally don't think doing all core lifts in a single workout will yield optimal results. When I rebuild from longer breaks I just do SL 5x5 again, with bigger increments until weights get heavy.
>>
>>40154695
About 4-5 lbs of lost water weight. MAYBE a little less energy during workouts.
>>
Any okay-quality wireless headphones for gym use that you'd recommend?
>>
Would taking 2 hour naps during the they make up for the less sleep I am getting at night (6 hours)
>>
>>40155093
Day*
>>
>>40140320

For me, it sort of fixed itself once I made a conscious effort to breath through my nose. Breathing through your nose actually helps prevent stuffiness in the long run because your nose gets used to the shit you're breathing in or some shit, idk, I read an article like 5 years ago when I made the switch.
But it's like, the same thing that makes you feel like you can't breathe through your nose is what will go away if you start doing it. There'll be times when you just get stuffed up and kinda can't, but if you make a conscious effort to breathe through your nose any time it's physically possible, it'll slowly get better.
>>
How many sets should each muscle group get? And why isnt this on the sticky

Surely there has to be some science on the amount of sets you should do on average for chest/arms/abs/legs/ect
>>
>>40140875

I just took it for granted that 20kg is the correct size, but looking it up, it seems 450mm diameter is actually the standard, so maybe you're good.

http://www.iwf.net/weightlifting_/equipment/
>The diameter of the largest discs: 450 mm with a tolerance of ± 1 mm.
http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-rules-equipment/
>Competition plates are 45cm
>>
>>40155237
>>40140320
now that I think about it, my nose became significantly easier to breathe through when I started forcing myself to only breathe with my nose when walking to class.

From the bus stop it's a 5 minute walk upphill to my department. I'm usually arriving pretty short on time so it's a fast walk all the way. Once past around halfway I used to need to breathe more, in which I usually started using my mouth. But for some autistic reason I felt like this looked socially out of place so I forced myself to stop. Even though it was pretty heavy
>>
Can someone give me non meme symptoms of overtraining? Just for clarification I don't think I might be overtraining because I lift extra hard, I'm worried I might be overtraining relative to how much sleep I've been getting.
>>
>>40155446
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwKcayYkyAc

Alan Thrall covered this topic. Overtraining is basically wearing yourself out more than you can recover from.
>>
>>40155498
Perfect, thanks anon.
>>
One of my knees kept giving me a slight pinching pain today doing squats. Nothing new, it's a bit of a shitty joint. I was doing 5x5 and struggling on the last rep. Doing 1RM's and 2RM's doesn't seem to be as bad though.

Should I maybe drop the weight and go up in volume a bit? At lower weights my knee doesn't bother me.
>>
File: we went fast again.png (527KB, 793x549px) Image search: [Google]
we went fast again.png
527KB, 793x549px
>>40154797
I always did that same routine and I've been happy with it.
Well, I went ahead and increased the weights by 5 lbs for each lift and thigns were a lot easier today than yesterday. Man alive, I feel like im on top of a glorious mountain right now.
Thanks again, /fit/, I'll be counting on you the next time I feel too lazy and tired to lift.
>>
I have no idea how to cook or what food to buy. Could I get pointed in the right direction for that?
>>
>>40141092
Does edging for that long actually do anything? I feel like the blue balls would make this impossible
>>
>>40156741
Seems like bullshit to me. Edging for longer periods of time without cumming just leaves me unfocused and horny.

Experience with friends and myself having depression is that it comes from stagnation. New things and experiences helps tremendously. Even though it's hard to muster up the willpower to do shit while depressed, you're not gonna find any easy way out.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.