[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OHP IN THE SQUACK RACK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2234.jpg (70KB, 576x754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2234.jpg
70KB, 576x754px
Alright motherfuckers, let's end the debate. State your cases, is it acceptable to do The Press™ In the squat rack? I do it all the time, I thinking cleaning it is faggy hippie crossfit bullshit
>>
>not cleaning the press to fire up your cns for pressing
>being a man

pick one
>>
only if there's no power cage
>>
>>40132361
So if there's a power cage, is it chill to both squat and press in it?
>>
>>40132340
I do it and I am not planning on stopping. My gym has 2 cages and 4 squat racks though
>>
>>40132361
>literally banging the bar at the top of every rep
What are you a manlet?
Or maybe you don't do full ROM
>>
>>40132357
OP here, is there something to this?
>>
Sometimes I clean the weight, sometimes I don't. It really all depends on how I feel.
>>
>>40132473
{reasonable median intensifys}
>>
I've never done a power clean.
Also, back problems. Can't squat, deadlift or pendlay row. It sucks.
>>
>>40132466
Put it on the outside you fucking jeb
>>
Homegym, so I can do what I want.

If I want to clean, I do that separate
>>
>>40132545
Sorry, I'm asking ACTUAL gym goers who don't suffer from autism.
>>
>>40132340
DB press is the better movement. Apart from that, whenever I used to do OHP I did it mostly in half racks. Not a problem for me, and I don't care if it is for others.
>>
>>40132470
No. The weight you're OHP-ing will likely be way too light for that single clean to do anything. Unless you have shit lower body and core strength.
>>
File: 1483895567788.jpg (98KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
1483895567788.jpg
98KB, 750x563px
I intentionally curl and press in the squat rack. Pisses off all the T Rex and Crossfit fags at my gym.
>>
File: IMG_0700.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0700.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>40132679
Some home gyms have better equipment than your "real" gym, brah.
>>
>>40132340
It's acceptable, but squatters have the priority. So if someone wants to squat there, you take your barbell somewhere else.
>>
>>40132340
I do it in the squat rack, I like the extra But if safety. But I have to take it out and clean it if there's only a cage cause I'm too tall
>>
>>40133152
Lol cuck
>>
>>40133152
absolutely cuck
>>
>>40132340
not even a debate, of course use the rack, im not gonna jeapordize fucking my shoulders by doing 1rep clean and jerk at the beginning of every set by using the bars on the floor
>>
>>40132340
The fuck is the problem with cleaning it. If your OHP isn't baby weight for cleaning you got problems.
>>
I think if the gym is busy you should grab a barbell and press it as it's more courteous and looks cool too.
>>
>>40133125
Holy shit wow dude all that stuff looks nuts I'm sorry i ever doubted you. So much more than my gym

Wow...
>>
>>40133125
Is this home gym built on the side of a cliff? How the fuck do you even get the bar out of the cage with any weight on it?
>>
>>40133704
?
>>
>>40132940
i always press more if i clean it first instead of pressing it from a literal dead stop
>>
>>40133925
Push presses are obviously easier than strict presses.
>>
>>40132340
The gym I go to has 14 squat racks, uni gym, so I'll OHP where I please.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.