[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any martial art that can make you /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

Is there any martial art that can make you /fit/?
>>
>>40126650
compared to the typical normie? Yes. All of them.
>>
Nothing beats a well placed pipe bomb.
>>
>>40126680
how the fuck do people get fit on karate and shit though, its all just practicing form

itd be a waste of protein
>>
>>40126703
>all just practicing form
what McDojo do you go to that your classes don't involve bodyweight training exercise and live sparring?
>>
>>40126726
couldnt you just do bodyweight at home then?
>>
>>40126757
if you don't rack discirprine, sure.
>>
>>40126703
Karate, Kung fu, wushu and overall most East Asian martial arts are a vast majority of cardio, bodyweight and some light weight training over the course of an hour to 3 hours. If you do that 3 times a week, you will see results, they won't be massive gains but there will be results.

>>40126650
Boxing, judo, Thai boxing and kickboxing, BJJ. MAs that primarily deal in sparring and/or sport will get you /fit/. It may not be the mode /fit/ worships and fawns over but you will be fit.
>>
File: comeonson.gif (2MB, 245x276px) Image search: [Google]
comeonson.gif
2MB, 245x276px
>>40126650
>not getting fit and lean
>not doing MT
>>
>>40126864
Monster Trucking?
>>
A martial art class should be a warm up followed by skill training and that's fucking it.

If you spend your money to goto a class and waste time doing pushups and cardio you're getting ripped off. Do that shit at home for free.
>>
>>40126809
>Boxing, judo, Thai boxing and kickboxing, BJJ

Tossing in Tai Chi. Not the ornamental BS little girls do in the park: there is an actual combat version complete with weights involved. I personally know a guy who started doing this five years ago and he has turned into a freaking BEAR. It's hard to find a good teacher on it, sadly.
>>
File: 1485134696221.png (2MB, 1024x4521px) Image search: [Google]
1485134696221.png
2MB, 1024x4521px
>>40126650
Posting this chart i found yday here

Personally I do boxing, OP, and it's GLORIOUS for cutting.
>>
>>40127080
Btw anyone has experience with Kempo? Is it useful or just a meme?
>>
>>40127080
>all this shooting and MMA bait

I get that these are supposed to be inferior to a gym but come the fuck on
>>
>>40126766
kek'd and check'd
>>
>>40126864
Multiple Trannies?
>>
I really miss doing Taekwondo when I was in middle school.

I had a legit black belt instructor that worked us to the bone while teaching us a lot.

He had us go over forms so often they literally became reflexes.

>Goofing off with some friends at school when I was 13
>one of them throws a fake exaggerated punch at me
>even though I know we are just fooling around my body takes over
>fast as lightning I grabbed his wrist pulling him towards me as I throw a right jab right into his face

I felt so fucking bad.
>>
>>40126703
Well there's usually a warm up with jogging and sprints and things. I have to admit I knowingly go to my Ju Jitsu school because it's so easy it doesn't really negate a rest day but genuinely kicking and punching all class let alone throwing or even lifting heavier dudes does take its toll on the body.

Any of the more western martial arts. Boxing, wrestling, fencing. All fucking GREAT cardio workouts. Judo too actually.

Kung Fu depends massively on the teacher I have genuinely massive respect for alot of Kung Fu people i know and the training when it's good it's great.
>>
shaolin monks are literally full-time athletes

>crawling up a thousand stairs on your hands and feet
>hanging upside down and transporting water with a teacup from one bucket to another
>practice forms all day
>insane flexibility
>>
>>40127393
isnt cardio the devil tho?
>>
>>40127412
Only if you're retarded.

Wrestling helped my core lifts immensely simply because of the mentality i learned.
>>
>>40126766
Sule*
>>
File: 1359345245294.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1359345245294.png
5KB, 225x225px
>>40127443
So all in all, martial arts are just a supplement to lifting?
>>
File: 13ceaabf61642ab4422187f864e82045.jpg (109KB, 1280x885px) Image search: [Google]
13ceaabf61642ab4422187f864e82045.jpg
109KB, 1280x885px
>>40127080
Missed a Capoeira joke in here somewhere
>>
>>40126703
I've been practicing karate for about 5-6 years now at a somewhat reputable notMcDojo and I'm a first rank black belt. It's all about being incredibly anal about clean form from the beginning. Kata is a bit like gymnastics in that way. Then, as you add power to clean form, Kata becomes bretty good metabolic conditioning/cardio.
>>
>>40127560
forgot to add, karate has made me lean but i'm still a dyel
>>
>>40127080
thinking about trying to teach myself Tae Kwon Do. Looks fucking dope and I saw a video where some TKD 8th degree black belt had a kick with more force than a tiger's bite, or at least close to it. The tiger was just playing though but still. Flashy and I could kick people in the face. It'd also give me something to do in my spare time at home other than vidya. Found a book at the book store on it.

If I did it, what else should I try to learn that uses my hands?

t. Hwoarang main in Tekken
>>
>>40128564
Do boxing and for the love of God don't teach yourself.
>>
>>40127522
>only MA worth practicing
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.