[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT Eternal New Years edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 38

File: 1429981024684.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1429981024684.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
>how do i-
READ THE STICKY
>>
Did you guys get more confident after cutting?
Dirty bulkan for 8 months and i feel like shit.
>>
>>40124809
You should feel like shit. "Dirty bulking" is just an excuse to eat like a fatty.
>>
>>40124809
>Did you guys get more confident after cutting?
I'm in the progress of losing weight and each week I feel better in every way. Formerly 275lbs now down to 235. I'm going to stop at 190-200 and see what else needs to be done. Fuck being "big" my back, knees and mood have been improving the lighter I get.
>>
>>40124839
i'm cutting now faggot. my dirty bulk has given me awesome muscles and strenght, so i will look like a GOD in 3-4 months
>>
>>40124809
Slowly watching a flat stomache get more definition, slowly turn into a 4 pack and then finally become a 6 pack is rewarding as fuck.

You also probably feel like shit because you're fat.
>>
Rate my regime pls, OYC=Of your choice

A:

3x5+ Bench/Press
3x8+ Pullup
3x5+ Squat
3x10 Abdominals OYC

B:

3x5+ Bench/Press
3x8+ Rows
3x12 Curls (incline hammer/ez)
3x5+ Deadlift

C:

3x5+ Bench/Press
3x8+ Chinups
3x10+ Forearms
3x10 Abdominals OYC

Supplement with calf raises, train until failure, weighted chin-/pullups
>>
Pls rate my diet or give me pointers if I'm missing something

Breakfast- 2 eggs, big garden salad with half avocado, homemade protein bar.

Lunch- Chicken breast, homemade white bean soup with olive oil drizzled on top.

Dinner- Grilled Trout, small piece of rye bread, hot mustard, pickled red onions and pickles

Snack- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds and another protein bar

Calories are 2000 and 155g protein.
>>
I'm a university student who doesn't have the time to lift and due to the shitty British weather this time of year, rarely even leaves his room (there's a good chance that I'm deficient in vitamin D).

I'm trying to fight depression, what are some /fit/ approved exercises I can do without a set of weights?
>>
>>40124995
For fighting depression, start either going out jogging, or taking walks. If you have some studying shit you have to do I guess I recommend reading it onto some sort of device that you can play back into mp3, and have that to listen to while you run/walk.
Also, get yourself a chin-up thingy that you put in the doorway. That, combined with pushups and planks should give you a great start.
>>
>>40124995
Start taking vitamin D if you can, bub.

Bodyweight squats, sing leg squats, lunges, glute bridges, planks and side planks, pushups, incline or decline pushups, burpees, shadow boxing.

Also depending on your posture you can do tons of stretches and yoga exercises to wake up dormant or lagging muscles. Cobra stretches, pec stretches and hip stretches are your friend if you're in a chair all day.
>>
>>40124993
This is the IDEAL diet right here

Breakfast - dozen eggs and gallon of human milk
Lunch - dozen eggs and gallon of human milk
Dinner - dozen eggs and dozen filet of fish
>>
Does any of you have a Frugal God Mode infographic or tips on how to have a good diet when you're low on shekels ?
>>
Taking 300,000 IU of D3 a day is good for me right? I've been doing it for a week.
>>
File: 827358723852.jpg (21KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
827358723852.jpg
21KB, 248x189px
>>40125061
>You don't have to tell me, but you do have to eat these
>>
File: 1479064193108.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1479064193108.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>40125100
>300,000 IU of D3 a day
>>
>>40125076
It's very very very difficult to bulk on a budget. For a moderate diet, I would worry more about your money situation. Cutting can be done.

Calculate all your meals: Find out how much each one costs per serving, a good meal costs less than $3 per serving, a great one costs less than $2.

>>40125100
only if you have a deficiency, IE you get close to no sunlight per day. Also
>300,000 IU
I think you fucked up a number.
>>
>>40125130
>>40125113
My D3 pills have 5,000 IU each pill. I swallow about 20 of them 3 times a day with water. This is good right? I just want to get mad gainz.
>>
>>40125142
>>40125142
>I just want to get mad gainz.

Fuark m8 u need at least 600,000. Dont be a bitch just do it brah
>>
>>40125130

Ok thanks bro. I'll extrapolate the numbers a bit since I'm a eurofag living in a fucking expensive city in order to study (I don't pay a rent since I'm living at a friend's flat).

Is it fine to buy discount product ? Or should I only take from the brands ? I'm mostly thinking about meat here. Maybe cheap meat is bad as fuck, I can't tell
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-12-01-06h53m15s614.png (904KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-12-01-06h53m15s614.png
904KB, 1280x738px
Is intermittent fasting /fit/ approved?
What are some good introductory material?
How often should I eat when fasting, and how much?
Can it be started by anyone, or should an appropriate muscle/fat ratio be reached beforehand?
>>
File: hercules-1.jpg (219KB, 550x846px) Image search: [Google]
hercules-1.jpg
219KB, 550x846px
How do I program HIIT and Hypertrophy Into my SS program?

And are there any good resources for learning how to program/learning basic workpit science.
>>
File: IMG_20170120_215818612.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170120_215818612.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
im fat as shit dyel lifting for 4 months but someone please tell me i have potential for nice looking back

please
>>
File: 1479768457781.gif (2MB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
1479768457781.gif
2MB, 250x277px
>>40125512
>im fat as shit dyel
>please tell me i have potential for nice looking back
>>
>>40125242
I also want to know this.
I've read some articles that say you should fast for two days a week, and others that say you should do IF, or fasting every other day,

My plan right now is to eat 500 calories every other day because I read you get the same benefits of fasting from that.

I really feel like I'm being memed.
>>
I do an upper body/lower body split. I'm thinking about increasing my workout time from an hour and fifteen minutes to an hour and a half, but cutting the number of days I go to the gym from 5 to 4, cause of my schedule. Would this work?
>>
>>40125512

Yeah it will happen. Carry on
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>40124878
>Cutting for 3-4 months
This is why you don't dirty bulk.

>>40124953
Looks like the routine of someone too lazy to stick to a routine. If it's 6 days a week it's feasible with a few additions, otherwise it's severely lacking.
No triceps, no shoulders, no chest other than bench, almost no back.

>>40124993
Better than most diets I see on /fit/ but the key to diet is still variety and fresh produce.

>>40124995
To cure depression:
>Regular exercise
>Regular sunshine
>Regular social interaction with peers
>Good sleep
>Good diet

To start getting fit:
>Read the sticky
>Pick a bodyweight routine or
>Get a part time job and get a gym membership

>>40125076
/r/EatCheapAndHealthy/
Plenty of in season veg, beans, rice, sardines, nuts etc

>>40125100
>Taking 300,000 IU of D3 a day is good for me right?
You'd damage yourself fairly quickly. Most you can get in supplements is 10,000 UI and the toxicity level in studies started at 40,000 UI
>>40125142
You're an idiot.

>>40125242
>Is intermittent fasting /fit/ approved?
Even common sense isn't /fit/ approved.
>How often should I eat when fasting, and how much?
Typical IF has you eating within a 5 hour window, which, if you're lifting reasonably, gives a strong propensity to just load shit into your mouth non stop for 5 hours. Aim for set meals and do whatever it takes to be consistent.

>and how much?
As many calories as you need to lose, maintain or gain weight within your desired amount of time.
>Can it be started by anyone, or should an appropriate muscle/fat ratio be reached beforehand?
No, IF is safe and sensible for anyone, the human body can go weeks without food without any damage, 16 hours isn't going to do shit to you, don't worry.

>>40125276
>and Hypertrophy Into my SS program?
You don't, it's a 6 month strength routine

>>40125512
You have decent frame and lats if that's what you're fishing for.
>>
Will one ever recover from a herniated disc?
>>
>>40125546
chuen pls

>>40125583
i think i have imbalances in my spine
look at my frame swaying to the side

also bad case of shoulders rounded forward due to gyno since being a kid and sitting on my ass for ages

no idea how to fix the imballance tho
>>
I am on Canditos 6 week programme. On week 1 he has Monday lower, Tues upper, Wed off, Thurs Upper, Fri lower and Sat Upper.

Week 2 is the same, apart from Thurs is upper, Fri is lower and Sat is off with Sun upper.

My question is, can I keep week 2 the same days as week 1 and not fuck with progress? I need that Sunday off.
>>
>>40125598
nope
>>
>>40125613
Wait no, I confused myself.

Week 2 is Thurs lower, Fri upper and Sunday upper. I should also mention Tues night I have plyo within sports training. Legs are usually fucked.
>>
>>40125583
>To cure depression:
>>Regular exercise
Working on it, hence the question.

>>Regular sunshine
I'm British and it's winter. Getting some sunshine would be nearly impossible even if I was going outside more.

>>Regular social interaction with peers
I talk to people before lecturers, hopefully that's enough.

>>Good sleep
I go to bed 8 hours before I plan to wake up (which isn't the same as 8 hours' sleep), is that enough in terms of amount? As for quality, I've got no idea how the quality of my sleep compares to the average, or how I would even find that out.

>>Good diet
My diet is fully /fit/ approved, if I had the time to get /fit/ then the only change I would make to my diet would be more carbs and protein.
>>
How do I build a meal plan.

I want to resume working out after a year long break due to injury, but I've been eating below maintenance for some time now.

I need about 2700 calories, 400g carbs, 130g protons.

At the moment I'm basically a NEET, so I can prepare my stuff no problem.

How do I reach the calories without cheating with fast food?
>>
>>40125703
>I need about 2700 calories
>How do I reach the calories without cheating with fast food?

Eat foods that aren't fast food.
>>
>>40125703
Meal prep.

Cook up a shit load of chicken, cook your carb source and decide of a fat source.

Stick to these altering between. Say for example, Rice, chicken and houmous.
>>
>>40125703
Do you live near a chipotle? They have great nutritional value and besides high sodium you're not eating shit (chicken, beans, rice).

I got an easy 800 calories from a double chicken bowl a few times a week

Besides that its easy. Peanuts are easy to get calories, so is peanut butter and milk.

I was skelly and I always found bulking or eating at a decentlevel pretty easy.
>>
>>40125703
oats + proton powder in the morning ( i eat that every day)

clean meal 1 and 2 (chicken or filet of good fish with rice, some veggies, spaghetti with natural sauce and chicken / turkey meat) etc, add olive oil to rice or use coconut oil, you need dem healthy fats

last meal is cottage cheese or something else without much carbs, and decent casein proteins

easy

add fish oil capsule for good measure
>>
>>40125739
Nah bro, I'm in Norway. I ain't got shit but a gas station in a 10km radius around me
>>
>>40125745
stock up on frozen chicken / fish filets
beans rice etc

buy that shit in bulk
you wont have to drive back and forth and it stores nicely
>>
Abs are made in kitchen, everyone knows this.
The question is: What's the maximum amount of fat I can eat in a day AND lose enough bodyfat to get good abs?
I weigh 70kg and I have about 15-17% bodyfat
>>
>>40125769
i know fantastic exercise to help you out

read sticky x f

its not fats making you fat, its caloric surplus (most often due excess simple carbs intake)
>>
I really need help guys.
>22
>have long term gf
>she wants to move to bigger city next year to study
>place quite far away
>we have to move there together

pros of moving for me are
>keep her
>earn more money
cons
>all my friends are here
>my family lives around here (this is one of the biggest factors for me. my parents aren't that young either.)
>i just got used to my new home
>i don't even like big cities very much
>my family owns two houses around here that I'll have to take care of in the later future

My only choices are going with her or leaving her. I can't live with the thought of making to stay here and knowing she wants to live her dreams so badly. But I still love her. And she loves me so badly. She puts all her hope in me. I am so fucking rekt at the moment bros. I want her to be happy... But I don't see our future at the moment. I've been talking to her yes.. those two options were really the only, and I always said I'd come with her. But it's coming closer and closer and I feel that I can't. What the fuck do I do.
>>
>>40125745
Chicken thighs instead of chicken breast.

Stay away from broccoli, its great for you, but it fills you up and doesn't provide many calories.

But yeah like I said, peanut butter, milk, peanuts, and whey if you need it.
>>
>>40125769
>The question is: What's the maximum amount of fat I can eat in a day AND lose enough bodyfat

Calories>macros

You lose weight by cutting back calories not just carbs, fat or protein.
>>
>>40125801
I don't want to lose weight ,just lose bodyfat and gain muscle.
>>
How long should I be working out for? I've been doing the ripptoe 5x5 workout in the sticky but it only takes me about 25 minutes
>>
>>40125780
Family and friends will most likely always be there for you. Don't burn down bridges and neglect people who helped raise you just to make one person happy. If she doesn't want to be with you unless you move to the city then she isn't worth holding on to. You would be sacrificing so much more just to make her happy.
>>
>>40125822
One is not possible without the other.

You gain weight (muscle and if dont right only a little fat) or lose weight (lose fat and if done right only a little muscle).

Unless you are new or obese its one or the other.
>>
>>40125235
Manager's specials are your friend. Whenever a certain type of meat isn't doing well they'll put it on sale for dirt cheap before they have to throw it out. This is the time to stock up on it and slap it in the freezer.

As for brands, that's on you. You literally can't buy food that will kill you as it's all tested before distribution, just get what you like or whatever's cheapest. Sometimes you'll find that spending the extra 30 cents or dollar is worth it over saving it. I do that with beans, can't fucking stand to cheapo brand.
>>
>>40125822
read the fucking sticky
>>
>>40125830
rippletoe never had a 5x5 program, but beginner workouts usually don't take longer than 30-40 minutes.
>>
How can I tell if my ROM is good enough when doing shrugs. It's really hard to tell if my shoulders are fully up
>>
File: 1472792421247.jpg (126KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
1472792421247.jpg
126KB, 540x675px
Am I better served doing the stretching and mobility routines from the sticky, or hopping into a beginner's yoga routine?
>>
What fats are bad? I love fatty foods like avocados, meat, cheese and other stuff

also it turns out I became intolerant to milk and cheese outside cottage cheese,.makes me have loose stools and deadly gas also bloated, happenend since I had a gastroenteritis in the 1st week of this month
What can I trade cow milk for? i checked coconut milk label and it has xatam gum or some shit like that and other weird names so it doesnt convince me
>>
>>40125913
Weight>ROM

heavy ass rack pulls and "cheat" shrugs with heavy weight will make you grow better, brah
>>
>>40126000
>What fats are bad?
Trans fats are terrible. Saturated fat is ok in moderation. Most vegetable and nut oils are great.

>What can I trade cow milk for?
Unless you want a drink like milk in your diet then trade it with anything that has a fair split of protein and carbs. Soy milk is kinda weird but you get used to it. Almond milk is delicious but fairly low in protein. People freak out over the phytoestrogens in soy but unless you're eating or drinking around 20 servings a day then you have nothing at all to worry about. I'd be more worried about all of the hormones that they inject cows with, and how much pus and blood from infected udders winds up in your gallon of milk.
>>
>>40126005
OK I feel it way more at like 60lb dumbells but can bring 40s higher I think lmao can't really feel if they are all the way up. Thanks I just keep shrugging them up
>>
>>40126043
Your traps won't respond to that pussy ass weight. Get a barbell and start loading it up. You should be able to power shrug at least the same weight as your deadlift.
>>
>>40125695
>I'm British and it's winter. Getting some sunshine would be nearly impossible even if I was going outside more.
I'm Scottish, I'm still able to get more than a couple hours of sunshine each day, stop making excuses.

>I talk to people before lecturers, hopefully that's enough.
That's not social and those aren't peers, it's neither.

>I go to bed 8 hours before I plan to wake up (which isn't the same as 8 hours' sleep), is that enough in terms of amount?
Amount isn't as important as quality. I get 6 hours most nights and feel fine, 7 hours is optimal and anything more than 8 is bad for me.
>I've got no idea how the quality of my sleep compares to the average, or how I would even find that out.
It's difficult, best to go by how you feel by fixing other factors first. NHS offers CPAP machines if you're suffering from sleep apnea which are excellent and fairly easy to lie about if you're not.

>>40125769
>The question is: What's the maximum amount of fat I can eat in a day AND lose enough bodyfat to get good abs?
Depends entirely on what your name is. For most it starts at around 11% or less

>>40125780
Sounds like you're just staying because it's more comfortable.Either way not giving yourself the option of being together while only she moves there is retarded and I'd suggest you encourage her to go but go see her every X weeks.

>>40125830
As long as it takes. 5x5 doesn't take 25 minutes though unless you're lifting less than half of your 1RM

>>40125913
Shrugs are one of the ones where ROM is far less important. Rack pulls and above knee deadlifts are probably a better choice if you're worried about it though.

>>40125946
Depends on your goals. Never tried either so can't compare, but ask a yoga or bodyweight subreddit for better answers than /fit/ which is primarily meatheads.
>>
>>40126000
>What fats are bad?
Trans fats. Saturated fat is considered bad above 30g/day.

>What can I trade cow milk for?
Kefir or lactose free milk. I recommend kefir since you're on /fit/ and it's great for lifting but also packed full of probiotics and prebiotics.
Nut milks are also fantastic and cheap.

>xatam gum or some shit like that and other weird names so it doesnt convince me
If you're scared of xantham gum you're a retard who needs to stop reading blogs.
>>
>>40126085
At home brah. All I have is dumbells for now. I can up the weight on them though I was just worried I wasn't lifting it high enough.
>>
>>40126118
There's no point in doing shrugs then desu, unless you have 200+lb dumbbells.
>>
>>40126089
>Depends on your goals
I mean, I'm not looking to turn into a human pretzel, mainly trying to build better flexibility/mobility for things like lifting (my shoulder flexibility is shit, and I'd like to get more depth out of my squats). I did find a similar question on reddit with a lot of the answers saying to do yoga even for things like lifting, but that shit tends to take up a longer time commitment than the stickied routines
>>
>>40126102
didnt read blogs, it simply sounds unhealthy so I asked.
Same with a lot of E45 and other variations, gums and stuff
>>
>>40124995
Current NHS advise is everyone should consider taking Vitamin D supplements during Winter anyway.

Source:
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2016/07July/Pages/The-new-guidelines-on-vitamin-D-what-you-need-to-know.aspx
>>
>>40124761
Should I start bulking? What are some tips to get /fit/?
>>
>>40126140
>mainly trying to build better flexibility/mobility for things like lifting
Fit sticky stretches are fine then. Joe DeFranco's "Limber 11" flexibility routine is also a gold standard for lifting.

>>40126148
It's xantham gum, what the hell is unhealthy about it? It's better than cornstarch for you either way.

>Same with a lot of E45 and other variations, gums and stuff
Those aren't gums, they're colourings, they're also perfectly healthy for you by law.

Please stop being retarded on purpose.

>>40126164
Read the sticky.
>>
I'm doing baby weight OHP, and my stabilisers are garbage. I'll have to drop the weight, but what can I do to bring them up to scratch? Just doing vanilla Stronglifts 5x5 at the minute.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485209065887.jpg (72KB, 960x458px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485209065887.jpg
72KB, 960x458px
What's an achievable weight loss goal per week for the missus? She 78kg @5'8 bit athletic
>>
>>40126244
http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
>>
File: 1444875171638 (1).jpg (15KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
1444875171638 (1).jpg
15KB, 313x313px
>>40125613
Any chance for an answer to this?
>>
>>40126230
Eat more, rest enough. OHP is hard to develop for most people.

Also, make sure your form is correct
>>
>>40126230
Focus on lats. Rows of all kinds, Deadlifts, pull downs.
>>
>>40126132
OK most weight I can fit on them now is 75lb per dumbell. I gotta get some 25s. Idk starting to hit a crossroad of either gym membership or buying a power rack for the house
>>
When I lift and get a pump I love the way I look, is it possible to achieve that look permanently while being natty?
Im aware your pump grows as you grow but thats not the question
>>
>>40126252
Just don't work the same body groups in consecutive days, anon.
>>
>>40126277
No. Get lean and start injecting Masteron.
>>
>>40126266
Yeah, that's fair enough I guess.
>>40126269
That also sounds sensible.

Cheers guys.
>>
Can I do a low-calorie diet (<1000 calories) and continue doing strength training 5x/week? I'm thinking of having one proper meal a day and then go fasting for 18 hours every night.
>>
Would doing a heavy full-body session once a week be good enough to maintain strength and size? I'm planning to focus more on basketball and running in the near future, but I don't want to lose a lot of strength/mass.
Should I do 1 day a week or try to aim for twice a week?
>>
>>40126374
I'd aim for two.
>>
Is permbulk just a lie to make people feel better about eating shit food?

I told myself I was permabulking a few years ago and now I'm 40% bf. I can do 2/3/4/5 tho.
>>
So wait, juice is bad for you?
>>
>>40126411
No steroids are good for you bro, just take anti-estrogens and do a good cycle.
>>
File: 80's food court.jpg (30KB, 427x600px) Image search: [Google]
80's food court.jpg
30KB, 427x600px
> TL;DR:
What are some loss-friendly ways to get more protein in my diet?
Is runner's muscle soreness just lack of protein or should I get some vitamin supplements too?

I am trying to lose weight by running but am starting to see a lot of muscle soreness and fatigue even on "rest" days. I suspect it's lack of protein or maybe low potassium and low protein but I'm still new at this so I'm not sure.

I have been drinking milk/soy and eating chicken or eggs at meals with oats as a snack/breakfast and I'm still having a lot of trouble hitting the over 160 grams mark most sites say I should be hitting. I tend to average 80-100 grams despite all my efforts. I take a regular multivitamin but no other supplements. The multivitamins out here don't have potassium in them.

> Current routine
Jog two miles, run one mile (three times weekly)
Stretches and walking one mile (twice a week, muscles permitting).
Rest (at least twice a week)

Thanks for reading!
>>
>>40126426
I was talking about fruit juice.
>>
>>40126428
>soy
bro

read the sticky
>>
>>40126444
Remember when they said fat was bad for you? Remember when they said carbs were bad for you? Remember when they said protein was bad for you? Nutritional "sceintists" are frauds and hacks, just eat meat, organs meat, eggs, veggies, starches.
>>
>>40126411
They're high on sugar, so yes. Best to drink just water.
>>
>>40126457
But water doesn't go well with steak.
>>
>>40126444
Fruit juice is mostly processed and has added sugar, and less fibre and so is obviously worse than fruit.
It's also far less satiating.

Apple and orange juices in particular are pretty close to coca cola, or worse, in terms of sugar.
>>
what are good preworkout supps are arent total memes
>inb4 amino acids
>>
>>40126470
also I always get nauseous when I take my muscle pharm preworkout
>>
>>40126466
You're supposed to drink red wine with steak retard.
>>40126470
Cocaine bruh. No joke, prepare to get RIPPED BRUH GAINZ EVERYWHERE!
>>
>>40126467
Jesus Christ, those two are my favorite juices.
God damn it, I'm quitting them right now.
>>
>>40126470
Caffeine and creatine

>>40126481
That's why they're your favourite. Never drink calories
>>
>>40125242
Don't overcomplicate IF, just skip breakfast, eat a nice big dinner as soon as you get home and don't snack afterwards, that'll easily let you have a 6-8 hour eating window daily with it being effortless once you get used to it. Isn't fasting just limiting unneeded calories by having lesser hunger, and most of it's other "benefits" aren't really proven?
>>
>>40126466
You can have a glass of juice a day. Doesn't need to completely cut out from your life. Just don't drink 1 liter a day and you'll be fine.
>>
>>40126470
Depends on your tolerance. The gold standard ones are quite on the lower end of strength, which suits me as I have a sensitivity to caffeine.
>>
File: 1444553551092.jpg (76KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1444553551092.jpg
76KB, 480x454px
>>40124761
Is 140g protein a day enough? I'm 200lbs and 5'10, cutting to 160. My bf% is probably 25-30
>>
>>40126368
>>
fellow cardio bunnies

if you're NEET what's stopping you from doing cardio literally all day? except to eat and sleep...

Obviously with weights you need to let muscles repair/whatever. But if you're going all out cardio mode is it viable to do exercises at a steady pace throughout the whole day?
>>
>>40126445
Sticky says that Soy only is a problem if you're vegan because then you may lack B12. I am not vegan: I am eating chicken, drinking milk and eating eggs and oats along with it.

It does say soy is inferior to regular milk but, again, I'm not relying on it. It's more just an option for when I'm tired of regular milk and it does bulk up smoothies nicely.
>>
>>40126519
Mailmen do that for years, anon.
>>
>>40126501
>just skip breakfast,
Okay, this is clear and easy enough.
>eat a nice big dinner as soon as you get home
Can you give me a time frame? I work on an irregular schedule, and I often don't go home immediately after work, either.
>don't snack afterwards
Hard, but doable.
>that'll easily let you have a 6-8 hour eating window daily
I'm sorry, but what is an eating window? A period during which you can eat and get your required daily caloric intake?

Also, when exactly should I hit the gym on such an eating regime, in your opinion?
>>
>>40126530
I'm yet to see mine stopping halfway down my drive to smash out a few pressups desu
>>
>>40126519
I thought about that. Buying a treadmill and walking at slow pace throughout the entire day. Sorta like Forrest Gump but not as intense.
>>
>>40126519
You get sore legs and muscle tiredness plus exhaustion from overdoing it. Also you have to feed your growing muscles which doesn't come easy or cheap making it tricky for NEETs to do constantly.
>>
>>40126615
>You get sore legs
For the first week, maybe.
>>
>>40126534
IF unlike actual fasting, like not eating shit for a whole day or two like some crazy religions and people do, is eating during a certain window, of which most people find 6-8 hours to be optimal, some go for 4 or even less, and then the rest of the time which is ~16-18 hours you FAST, and by not intaking any calories you don't interrupt said fast, which means the longer the fast the better the "benefits" or whatever.

I also have work and uni so there's no proper schedule, but I usually break my fast (aka start my eating window) around 12pm - 1pm, usually at work, then I often go home somewhere around 6 to 9 pm and eat, which results in a 5 to 9 hour window which I'd say averages at around ~7 hours or so, which is more than optimal and is more or less recommended and doable for most.
Some people say it's great to do cardio fasted (aka in the mornings) or even workout fasted but I haven't tried that, you'll have to ask others that.

I started IF over a year ago, before even lifting because while I was never overweight, I also almost always ate for the sake of eating, especially in the mornings, I'd wake up feeling like shit and would eat a few sandwhiches even though I'm not even that hungry, after that a few hours would pass and I'd get hungry again, with skipping breakfast you don't get hungry 'til like noon, sometimes earlier. Then i'd usually snack after dinner too, but that's once again unneeded calories, usually sugary shit too. You don't even need to think of that shit as fasting, make it a habit and it'll help you in the years to come, unless you're already a person who has a hard time getting +2.5k or so calories in a day.
>>
File: 751.jpg (39KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
751.jpg
39KB, 680x453px
Someone post the DIO version of this
>>
>>40126622
You forget that NEETs don't have money. Getting enough protein and supplements won't be easy for them so the first week is hell, then things get bad again after a couple months once their bodies start to wear down. Constant cardio is not easy or even really possible without constant nutritional input to back it up.
>>
>>40126517
1 gram of protein for every pound.

You didn't read the sticky.
>>
>>40126657
Thanks a lot, this was very informative and concise.
But... when do you workout, then? You didn't mention that. Maybe you don't workout at all?
>>
>>40126756
I actually try to squeeze it in between uni and work, usually around 4-5 pm as I have free reign over my work hours. I also workout three times a week, it'd be harder if I did 4 or more probably.
>>
>>40126428
Don't run to much when you just start. Maybe 2 a week with as much rest between as you can. Trust me your shit is weak. That soreness gets better the more you run. I started running like that and about 3 week my knees were wrecked. Took about 2 weeks to feel better. Gotta let all them small leg muscles build up slowly or else they don't like to absorb the blows and put more pressure on your shitty weak knees. Just take it slow all I'm saying. Your not sore Cuz you didn't get enough Magic juice in your diet. Your sore from running a mile
>>
File: 1479406779504.jpg (3MB, 3466x2228px) Image search: [Google]
1479406779504.jpg
3MB, 3466x2228px
>>40126785
Thanks for the answers, mate.
Have a good life and may you never become a cuck.
>>
>>40126857

lol same to you brotha. Don't let the world cuck you.
>>
Would a flexometer or a sit-and-reach test be better for testing my range of motion for my hip joint?
>>
File: cafeteria-Bellmore 1987 neon.jpg (204KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
cafeteria-Bellmore 1987 neon.jpg
204KB, 800x533px
>>40126807
That could be possible. I did scale up to my current setup about a week and a half ago.

I was doing two miles jogging three times a week without problems. I had been doing it for four months before deciding to add some running in.

I know my setup is pretty weak but I have to start somewhere. Maybe rest a few days then scale back to half a mile running and two miles jogging until my legs get stronger?
>>
Hello /fit/. When I started lifting I neglected leg day way to often and that has now caught up with me, considering my way bigger/stronger upper body. How to fix this? Currently doing ULxULxx routine, so I get my share of leg work but since I'm doing as much upper body as lower body, the ratio stays the same.
Is it a good idea to skip one upper body day to give my legs a chance to catch up? Or should I just add and extra leg day?
>>
How do I run without hurting my feet/ankles? Also how do have sex within 30 seconds?
>>
File: 1327043438725.jpg (40KB, 670x496px) Image search: [Google]
1327043438725.jpg
40KB, 670x496px
Jesus christ the newness in this thread is fucking killing me

>>40126481
Juice is more or less pure sugar most of the time and honestly fruit doesn't even have that much nutrition in it aside from a handful of vitamins. It can be eaten as a low-calorie snack but otherwise it's more of a sweet than anything.

>>40126506
Even a glass of juice a day is far more sugar than recommended, cutting out sugary drinks is one of the best things you can do for your diet.

>>40126517
140g should be enough, fatties don't need as much as their LBM is lower than their actual weight. The standard is 1g per pound of LEAN BODY MASS, not 1g per pound like this >>40126721 retard said

>>40126405
you're literally obese. you've fallen for the meme

>>40126368
no. Don't be a retard. You need to eat at-least 60% of your TDEE or your going to start losing major amounts of strength, not to mention getting fatigue.
>>
>>40127012
You can skip an upper body day once in awhile as long as you keep the upper body maintained. Also consider doing running or even dancing to help your legs as both can help with tone and muscle.
>>
I went to a huge rave with a friend a couple weeks ago and my ear has been fucking ringing ever since.

Doc said it would go away by itself but it's been a while already.
>>
>>40127022
> How do I run without hurting my feet/ankles?

See this post:

>>40126807

>Also how do have sex within 30 seconds?
Get a pocket pussy and some lube. Hey, that's as good as you're getting within 30 seconds.
>>
File: cyplenkov-219x300.jpg (22KB, 219x300px) Image search: [Google]
cyplenkov-219x300.jpg
22KB, 219x300px
How do I get big forearms?
>>
Is there a three day intermediate PPL for aesthetics?
>>
>>40127064
Farmers walks, rope n stick plate curls etc
>>
>>40127053
Ok now how do I cure pepperspray?
>>
>>40127053
What
>>40126971
I guess since you been jogging for awhile you may be alright. All I know is from personal experience. I dialed it down to once maybe twice a week and it's much better. Can run further faster and my legs seem to heal more between runs. Hard for them to recover since weight lifting and construction job they pretty much stay sore
>>
What fat loss supplement do you guys recommend? Also should I even bother using them when my bf is say 15 and above?
>>
>>40127208
Cardio and weightlifting along with a proper calorie deficit.
>>
Just started doing 5x5 and cardio, trying to lose weight
I've always been a healthy eater, but could you guys rate my diet?
Today I had scrambled eggs and whole wheat toast and an apple, with 0 trans fat margarine (becel olive oil)
Lunch was a turkey breast sandwich with dijon mustard, with a bowl of soup with some noodles and homemade, low sodium broth
Dinner was a green salad lightly dressed with some Wafu, then later whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce and some minced chicken

My diet on a day to day basis is more or less the same, but instead of spaghetti I'd usually make myself some chicken breast with baked potatoes and steamed broccoli, lunch could be a chicken breast, and on the rare occasion I have steak. Though I almost always get a vegetable or fruit in for breakfast and dinner, parents fucking ingrained that into my head
>>
>>40127243
Watch your protein levels. You aren't taking much in from the looks of things. Also consider switching the apple for something with more nutrients like a banana (can't argue with potassium) or some berries.
>>
Is poverty bench normal for people just starting out? I can OHP 95 and BB Row 150 but my bench is 115. I'd heard it should be pretty close to the row weight. It's depressing to not even be able to put one plate on after nearly a month.
>>
>>40127328
Really? I thought the lean meats like turkey in chicken were really high in protein
Should I check out protein supplements and/or bars or just increase the volume of my current diet?
>>
>>40124953

greyskull? it looks pretty good, i would add fm pushups so your bench doesn't fall behind
>>
File: 1465311648765.png (82KB, 225x216px) Image search: [Google]
1465311648765.png
82KB, 225x216px
So I was walking quickly home from class when I noticed my heart pounding really heard, as I was starting to feel it really strongly I decided to slow down and rest for a moment, but ever since then i've had a slight ache in my chest, the ache has been sticking around as barely noticable for just over 8 hours now.

Any idea what it might be?
>>
I think I hurt my back from deadlifting or probably from squatting. I made sure my back is not curving while lifting but my lower back still gets hurt anyways.

How long should I rest to recover from back pain?
>>
>>40127331
my bench started out horrible, still is for the most part but it's getting better.
>>
>>40127484
a week at-least.
>>
Stretched a muscle in abs doing bench today. Wtf. Form?
>>
>>40127466
go to sleep, if its still there tommorrow and you havent died during the night make a doctors appointment

also if you starting gassy you're probably about to have a heart attack
>>
How badly am I fucking up by using a plastic water bottle. Is it really exposing me to a shitload of estrogen shit? Should I just buy a metal one?
>>
File: CCOPCA.gif (1MB, 278x233px) Image search: [Google]
CCOPCA.gif
1MB, 278x233px
What are some good alternatives to EZ Curl Skull crushers?

Dumbbell skull crushers? Or perhaps a completely different tricep exercise?

My elbow joints feel like they are going to be ruined if I continue doing them with an EZ Curl Bar
>>
I'm trying to sort my sleeping pattern by waking up early since I fall asleep at around 3-4am and wake up at 2 or later in the afternoon.
Is it ok to sacrifice my gains with only 4-5 hours sleep just this once?
>>
>blisters/calluses only forming below middle, ring, and pinkie fingers on both hands, absolutely nothing under pointer fingers
Is my grip wrong? I've been doing SS.
>>
>>40127369
They aren't that high and you aren't eationg much when you just put a few deli slices on your sandwich. Look up the nutritional facts on Livestrong or something for better details. I'd suggest eating more meat and veggies and less carbs as you eat like a bird from what I see.

>>40127615
Possibly... and/or you are doing too much at once weight-wise. Either way scale it back until you heal and use a mirror when you practice.

>>40127843
It's not that dangerous unless you're a pregnant woman. The real risk with plastic is bacteria collecting. Glass is best as it can be sterilized and is cheap.

>>40127982
If it's just once it won't kill you. The thing that kills you is doing it over and over again in a short time period. So get yourself where you want to be with the sleeping and work out a little in-between. Dial it back up once you're sleeping when you want to.
>>
So I'm lifting properly again (started back in nov) after a two year on and off.
Back then (when I took care and was consistent) the diet was a bit easier, since I started skelly, so the road was clearer.
Now I'm in a post lifting body, basically close to fat but not overweight, yet.

Anyway, maint and lift until I hit a wall and then bulk? or cut slowly until no gains and then go back to bulk?
I want to be efficient, but I feel like maint is slow right now that I've gone past the newb gains (recovery gains?), and a light cut to go back to bulk would be leaner but I feel... dumber? I have no idea, I need someone with proper experience.
>>
452g carbs
226g proteins
100g fats

My mantaining calorie intake is around 2880; are those numbers in the top good for a bulk? Im leaning towards 6 pounds a month.
>>
I used to be fat and i lost about 35kg = 77lbs and my body is a lot better but still got some fat around also i feel i lost muscle mass too and i went to the point that jogging is not enough and now i want to get in shape and have a good looking body.

my problem is i don't have enough money to get a gym memebership and my place is kinda small and can only fit adjustable bench press, dumbbells and pull up bars , i can buy the small equipments like Resistance Bands but i don't know if i need them.

- i need help in what equipments to buy(i want equipment for my upper body) and if i can cover the lower body with body weight lifting (what exercises for the lower body should i do ?)
>>
What do you guys think about this upper intermediate, lower novice program. It's from AlphaDestiny
Im currently in that state on my lifts so I wondered if it would be good that I do this.

Workout A (Monday)

Box Squat 3/5×4-6
Bench Press/Overhead Press 5×4-6 80-90% 5RM
Pendlay Row 3×4-6
Barbell or Dumbbell Overhead Extension 3×6-10 (alternate each workout)
Barbell or Dumbbell Preacher Curl 3×6-10 (alternate each workout)
Stiff-legged deadlift/Good Morning 3×6-8
Standing Cable Crunch 3×10-20

Workout B (Wednesday)
Box Squat 3/5×4-6
Overhead Press 3×4-6 (if you benched Monday) at 90% of previous 5×4-6 weight or Bench Press 3×4-6 (if OHP on Monday) at 90% of previous 5×4-6 weight
Trap-Bar Deadlift 2×4-6
Chinup 3x Bodyweight

Workout C (Friday)
Box Squat 3/5×4-6
Bench Press 1x5RM (if you benched Monday) or Overhead Press 1x5RM (if OHP on Monday)
Pendlay Row 3×4-6 or Barbell Power Shrug 3×4-6
Dumbbell or Barbell Overhead Extension 3×6-10 (alternate each workout)
Barbell or Dumbbell Preacher Curl 3×6-10 (alternate each workout)
Reverse Hyperextension 3×20
>>
What supplements do you guys use?
>>
>>40128341
>eating like a bird
yeesh, it's that bad?
I thought it was healthy, as I do have a meat dish at dinner a lot more often than something like spaghetti. I ended up checking out Livestrong, but their food section is just all clickbait type articles
I did however look into high protein foods. What if I, say, had a large serving of lentil soup rather than noodle for lunch, and greek yogurt at breakfast and dinner, as well as a glass of milk with every meal?
>>
>>40128571
Krill oil > Fish oil
>>
Does any one have extreme bodyfat cutting tips besides the obvious cal in/cals out,low carb.

Im doing the psmf right now eating around 1000 cal of basically just pure protein and lots of greens
Ive gone from 244 on jan 8th to 229 as of yesterday.I know alot of it was water weight but I can kinda see slight fat reduction and Im doing cardio and lifting heavy 6 days a week.Im also doing EC stack so thats help alot.I want to do yohimbine when I drop to around 15% im 24% right now.
>>
>>40128669
ketosis

only downside is that u need to get a shittong of protein
>>
>>40128429
I always say cut first, but that's me and I hate being overweight.

>>40128473
why the fuck are you trying to gain 6 pounds a month

you're literally just gaining extra fat for no reason.

>>40128489
try to get a job that allows you to afford a gym membership, easiest way to work out. If that's out of the question and you can't put a home gym in, work with what you can for dumbbells and bodyweight exercises.

>>40128613
You really ought to count calories yourself, that way you don't need to rely on clickbait articles from a health website. And yeah, it seems your protein intake is pretty low. Deli meat is a fucking scam.

>>40128669
Jesus christ anon, keto and EC along with lifting? That's putting too much stress on your heart. If you lose too fast you're going to get major loose skin.
>>
Anyone here jump rope for cardio?
I need to cut ~10-15lb and was adding it to the end of my workouts to speed up the process/give me more leniency on my diet

Are there any "programs" you've liked? (3 min on, 30 sec rest, repeat 3x, etc)
>>
I'm getting some extreme hip pain while squatting, deadlifting, and rowing. There is a sharp pain around my left hip socket after I come up during a squat rep, as well as right when I relax my muscles after finishing a rep. Same with my rows. I don't feel pain during the row but right when I stand up after finishing. I've had to skip exercises for the 2nd time now plz help me
>>
Is compression clothing a meme?
>>
I just switched up my OHP today. Instead of 3x5 at 85lbs I did 3x8 at 75lbs. How much should I continue this higher volume version before attempting to progress again? I've been stalled around 85-90lbs on my OHP for some time now.
>>
File: 531.jpg (25KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
531.jpg
25KB, 360x480px
>>40124761
What does /fit/ thinks of 5/3/1 for hardgainer?
Has anyone run it?

Monday - Squat
>65% x 5
>75% x 5
>85% x 5+ (PR set)
>65% x 20 reps (widowmaker set)
>Dip, push-up, or dumbbell bench/incline/press (choose one) – 50-100 total reps
>Pull-up, row, lat pulldown, inverted row, curl, shrug (choose one) – 50-100 total reps
>Any abdominal, low back, single-leg movement, kettlebell swing, kettlebell snatch (choose one) – 50-100 total reps

Tuesday - Bench Press
>65% x 5
>75% x 5
>5 sets of 5 reps @ 85%
>Pull-up, row, lat pulldown, inverted row, curl, shrug (choose one) – 50-100 total reps
>Prowler or Sled – 20-30 minutes

Thursday - Deadlift
>65% x 5
>75% x 5
>85% x 5+ (PR set)
>5 sets of 5 reps @ 65%
>Any abdominal, low back, single-leg movement, kettlebell swing, kettlebell snatch (choose one) – 50-100 total reps

Friday - Press
>65% x 5
>75% x 5
>85% x 5 (no extra reps)
>10 sets of 5 reps @ 65%
>Prowler or Sled – 20-30 minutes
>>
>>40129420
sounds like you have a muscle injury. Just take a week off and see if that helps.
>>
>>40129483
if you stalled you should've deloaded first. Higher volume doesn't really help with strength.
>>
>>40129664

Higher volume is incredibly useful for strength.
>>
>>40129664
I've tried deloading but it hasn't done too much. That's why I'm trying volume
>>
>>40129655
>>40129420
I'm having the same pain but only in my right hip flexor when I squat. What can I do while I take squats out of my routine for a week?
>>
>>40129693
literally anything that doesn't put pressure on that muscle. That's all there is to it.
>>
Cutting right now, have been extremely irritable and depressed lately. Am I cutting too many calories?
>>
I hate doing cleans, what is a good replacement shoulder exercise?

I already do OHP and lat raises.
>>
>>40130209
Too vague, give stats, calories, height/weight, and protein intake.

>>40130215
Pendlay rows?
>>
>>40130217
>Pendlay rows?
For shoulders? I've been doing SS+accessories for about 3 months so I'm still a noob but it doesn't really seem like it hits shoulders.
>>
>>40130238
Pendlay row is the recommended replacement for Power Cleans for SS.
>>
>>40130217
5'1" 450lbs

cut to 2,000 calories a day, no protein since i'm doing keto
>>
>>40130260
>5'1" 450lbs
Jesus christ. Are you a girl?

>cut to 2,000 calories a day
I really hope you mean you're eating 2000 a day and not that you're only eating 1400 a day

> no protein since i'm doing keto
that's not how keto works you idiot
>>
>>40130217
6'1 195, shooting for 2,500, 1g per pound of bodyfat for protein, high fat and low carbs.
>>
>>40130285
>that's not how keto works you idiot
Uh I'm pretty sure it is. I've been eating nothing but deep fried butter for a week now.
>>
>>40130292
Are you doing keto? There's no reason to lower your intake of carbs unless you're doing a ketosis diet.

2500 for that weight seems like a lot, are you coming off a bulk?

>>40130298
I get it, you're baiting. You made it too obvious.
>>
If my tdee with no exercise is ~2150, is it ok to cut at 1800? How much of a meme is considering lifting in the tdee?
>>
>>40130316
Yeah coming off a bulk. Just lowering carbs because I'm not gonna lower fats or proteins, I assume that's the only place calories can come off of. And I feel like I'm fucking dying at 2,500. I've been skinny my whole life so it's not like I'm just being a fat fuck complaining about it.
>>
>>40130316

You always lower the amount of carbs and increase protein when cutting bro

why are you posting advice + post your body

I bet I look better after 4 months of lifting with correct nutrition than you do after 0 months of lifting but roleplaying on /fit/ like you ever been in a gym in your life instead
>>
>>40130323
it depends. The exercise estimators on TDEE calculators are extremely generous with their numbers, only good for a very very loose guess. If you're a fatty go off your sedentary numbers. If you're coming off a bulk or are seasoned go off the loose estimate with the knowledge that you're going to have to adjust the numbers yourself.

>>40130344
Just how many carbs are you eating? and what type of food are you eating? At 2500 you should be able to have at least 180g of carbs and be fine.

>>40130369
high protein with less carbs, sure.
Low carbs and high fats? Meme.

Carbs are an essential energy source and it should be where you get a majority of your calories from if you're not doing a ketosis diet.
>>
>>40130393
High protein high fat is based diet fampai.
>poorfags will never know the beauty of eating 2lbs of fresh rare steak every day with two dozen scrambled eggs and a filet of fish on the side
unf
>>
>>40130393

Cut down carbs as it's the least important of the 3, increase protien intake to preserve lean mass, keep fat high enough for proper hormone production

is the general strategy

agreed?
>>
>>40130402
Sounds expensive.

>>40130405
To an extent. Fats and carbs should be about equal percentages of your diet. Since fat is 8 cal/g and carbs are 4 cal/g, you can have more carbs than fat.

As long as you're getting in your necessary amount of protein for the day and not going over your fat limit by a bunch, the rest of your calories can be carbs, no issue. Your body really doesn't care that much as long as it's getting energy and not storing more than it burns.
>>
I'm 300lbs and need to have a 6-pack beach bod by summer. What do /fit/? I can't even curl 5lbs btw.
>>
>>40130439
read sticky
>>
Is it okay to do pushups every day?

Even when my chest is sore from yesterdays pushups?

Im obviously new
>>
>>40130456
fuck so its impossible unless I roid?

i have no job so i'll have to suck dicks for money to buy tren... shit
>>
I know it'll vary place to place, but what time of day would have the least amount of people? I'm assuming late night/early morning but I don't really know
>>
>>40130475
for now do it every other day. Once you start getting used to it you can do it 5x a week no issue.

>>40130489
Depends on location honestly. Usually for me the best time of day to go is early afternoon (12:30-2:00) as everyone is at work or school. Absolute worst time is 5:00-7:00, when everyone gets off.
>>
>>40124761

Going on a vacation for a week. My diet will probably be really shitty and we'll be drinking all day every day.

I'm not going to go crazy with keeping up with my diet (clean bulk) but what is more important for muscle retention: getting enough calories vs. getting enough protein?
>>
>>40130514
protein.
>>
If I want to drink a gallon of human milk a day how many women do I need? And is it really better for gainz than animal milk? I mean I'd think the hormone and macro/micro balance would be more optimal for people since it's made of people but I dunno mates.
>>
>>40124761

What is the best protein supplement for someone who is allergic to whey?
>>
>>40130584
Probably a soy or non-dairy whey, though you're going to be paying a lot.
>>
>>40130584
eggs
>>
Allergic how?

Because that really matters as alternatives go.
>>
>>40130611

acne outbreaks and rashes
>>
I don't really understand rest days and recovery. Which is better,

AxBxAxB

Or

ABxxABx

Do you need consecutive rest days? Or do you want more evenly spread rest?
>>
>>40130847

Depends on how you're setting stuff up and how much overlap there is between your days.
>>
File: 20-lbs-dumbbell1.jpg (189KB, 1370x735px) Image search: [Google]
20-lbs-dumbbell1.jpg
189KB, 1370x735px
>>40124761
I'm tired of small arms, but don't really have any time in the gym to add. so I'm just going to buy some dumbbells for home and do bicep curls/ skull crushers.everyday.

What weight should I pick?
Something pretty heavy that I can hardly do initially and will work into, something middle weight that I MIGHT be able to do 4x10 initially
or something lighter that I can just crank out a ton of volume on.
>>
>>40130853

Have you considered just using your rest periods at the gym to add in extra arm work?
>>
>>40130850

Standard push/pull thing?

A=push
B=pull
>>
>>40130859
I don't really want to be that jackass who goes back and forth/ and or takes the dumbbells for the duration of my workout.
>>
If I keep cutting will I eventually lose the stubborn fat? I seem to have an especially difficult case of it, because even after months of cutting, I can't lose it. Everything else becomes stringy with 0% fat left, but he stubborn areas just stay like that. What the fuck.
>>
>>40130853

Why not adjustable dumbbells.
>>
>>40130870

Still depends a bit on the exact layout, but general ABxABxx if you're not doing heavy deadlifts and squats on consecutive days (or you're conditioned enough to handle doing that). Another alternative is AxBxABx (or ABxAxBx) if you're only squatting/deadlifting hard some of the time. AxBxAxBx if you're intent on doing hard squat/deadlift training every time and can't handle doing that on consecutive days.
>>
>>40130888
x5-8 the price
>>
>>40130907

Craigslist.
>>
>>40130896

I guess I'm thinking about CNS recovery and that kind of thing.

I feel like I could lift hard everyday if I wanted to. I used to do PPLPPLx, but I wasn't making very good gains, and someone told me I needed more total rest days for CNS recovery. But I don't really know what to do, or if that's just total broscience.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 436x992px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 436x992px
Please rate/offer suggestions - I already to rotator cuff work on the side + alternate underhand and over hand rows
>>
how in the literal fuck do celebrities and hollywood stars get completely fucking hulked out in like 5 months from nothing
>>
>>40131084
roids and heavily observed diets by seasoned nutritionists. A couple thousand is nothing compared to the millions it takes to make the movies.
>>
>>40131115
aren't steroids illegal

[spoiler]are they only injected or can they be taken other ways[/spoiler]
>>
Is there a point to deadlifts if all I want are aesthetics?
>>
Can somebody please explain the lingo. Stuff like 'cutting', 'bulking', 'ohp' etc. It's not in the sticky.
>>
>>40131289

'Yes'

Do you want a lower back or not? Let me guess, no muscles in your back is asthetic?

>>40131315

>cutting

Eat -500 and lose 5 lbs a month

>bulking

Eat +500 and gain 5 lbs a month

>ohp

Overhead press.

>>40131124

Kind of, no police will try you or fuck with you, as most police use steroids themselves. There are oral steroids but they are garbage.

You shouldn't use steroids if you are such a newfag, you will just totally fuck yourself up and maybe destroy your endocrine system
>>
>>40131289
Other anon but bumping this. Deads cause me more problems than I care to solve. Can I just leave them out if I just want aesthetics and what can I replace them with if I do? Already doing ham extensions and leg curls.
>>
I habe huge ribcage from pullovers and genetics, now that my lats grew I can't do biceps curls with proper form, what do I do?
>>
>>40131347
Thanks m8
>>
Question about injury in the groin area. I cannot identify what it is and the best way to deal with it until I see a therapist.

Over Christmas I walked a lot, miles and miles every day (climbing lots of hills). I got a pain in the front of my hip and in my groin when I lift my leg (overuse?). When I rest it goes away almost instantly. Shuffling around the house 0 pain. It's not stiff or painful. But about 10+ minutes into walking I turn into Igor and start dragging my leg and limping. Never was red, never was swollen, no lumps that I can see. Pain is definitely not in the leg or hipjoint but in groin. If I push around I feel I can't 'get to it' or 'touch it'. It feels sort of tight, the pain. It's not getting better.

UK-based so loooong waiting list for physiotherapy (I'm on it). My doctor did sweet fa: 'I will refer you to a physiotherapist, have some ibuprofen, try to rest'
'what is it?'
'I'm not sure, just rest'

I've rested 3 weeks now there is no improvement whatsoever. Does this sound familiar? Internet-searches say either hernia or groin pull, but neither description seems to fit.
>>
>>40130887
Bamp
>>
Is eating after the gym a good thing or a bad thing?
>>
>gf says I should start exercising
>start doing 45 minutes cardio a day (worked up to it)
>on the phone
>shes complaining about not being able to lose weight because of x medical problem
>what have you tried
>been eating healthier
>no exercise
>gives excuses as to why she can't exercise (running machines got stuff on it, shit like that)
>I explain why none of that should matter
>oh but my medical issues mean losing weight is hard
>I google for 2 seconds
>find 3 solutions to the x medical problem weight loss issue
>she's not willing to try any of them
>I go off on one saying she shouldn't use it as an excuse considering she's not willing to try any solutions
honestly lads she constantly complains but does nothing to change, what should I do?
>>
>>40130962

Unless you're reasonably strong and going balls out on high % lifts super frequently or doing a crapton of intensity techniques like a bodybuilder, odds are the issue was not with CNS fatigue.
>>
>>40126756
Another IF-fag. Work out whenever my schedule allows it. If it's early i go fasted with no issue. As long as I get some coffee first.
>>
>>40127022
Barefoot on your toes uphill HIIT.
>>
People told me the bar was too high when squatting
So i lowered it a bit on my back, and now it really hurts my wrists

What do?
>>
>>40131526
end it. find someone who has some integrity.
>>
How much does /fit/ pay for their gym subscription?

The one near me is charging €79 for the five week plan (which will let me circumvent entry costs), €48/month for six month, €45/month for twelve months, €40/month for twentyfour months.

Are these acceptable prices? There's another gym which is cheaper nearby, but I didn't feel as comfortable there.
>>
>>40131870
Do what is comfortable and safe. Many people offer wrong advice.
>>
>>40131870
maybe you are putting too much weight on your wrists.

You should be able to take some of the weight on your traps by sticking your neck out a bit and arching your back, making a sort of "shelf" out of your traps.

It helps if you have a barbell pad for this method so you don't have raw steel digging into your spine.
>>
Is front squat a good alternative to leg extensions? Everything i read says leg extensions are terrible for your knees so i'm looking for an alternative on leg day, been doing front squat instead but not sure if it's ideal.
>>
File: lunarglide-8-mens-running-shoe.jpg (39KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
lunarglide-8-mens-running-shoe.jpg
39KB, 620x620px
i have started doing ss, and i am doing it for about 2 months now. At first I was a "running" guy, so I had these shoes, but now the more I got in to squat and deadlift, and very soon powercleans, people really suggest to use a proper weighlifting shoe, I looked into it and nike has "romaleus", but it is a little expensive for me since I am really at the start of my gym life. Alternatively I have found "nike metcon", these doesnt look good as romaleus but it is a lot cheaper, if that can also work I think about starting with those.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>40132147

Are you planning to lift long term? If so I strongly recommend you save up for proper lifting shoes (romaleus, power perfect, adipowers, etc...)

Keep in mind that decent lifting shoes will last you almost a decade if you look after them. They aren't taking as much abuse as regular shoes that you walk in all day, ideally you only change into them once you arrive at the gym, so you're wearing them maybe 5 hours a week at absolute maximum, and usually more like 3 hours per week. It's worth it to shell out the extra cash because long term you'll get more out of it.

If you're not planning to lift for very long, say only a year or two, then by all means go with the metcons though, those are much more versatile general fitness shoes. But for lifting you definitely look into proper weightlifting shoes, the difference is worth the price.
>>
>>40132446
I understand I will consider those points, thank you very much for detailed explanation
>>
Often, after a gym day, I wake up in the middle of the night and my muscles (mostly biceps and triceprs) slightly hurt, or in other words, I have this annoying feeling in them.

What's this all about?
>>
How do you get defined legs (quad separation etc.)

My bfp is about 8-10 percent, but my leg definition is very lackluster imo.

Anything I can do or is it just bad genetics?
>>
>>40124953
If that's your first 3 months of lifting, you'll survive. But I'd go for something else.
>>
>>40132916

Your bf % is not 8-10% if you have no leg defintion

Period end of story

Or, you simply have no quads
>>
Couple questions. I'm 230, I've been working out for a few months but I've realized I'm to fat to be bulking.

So if I start a cut, do I need 230 gs protien or can I settle with 200. Also at 230 is 2k cals too low, I got two sites telling me either 2100 or 2700. So I'm not to sure. Is 2100 enough for 6 days at the gym? I understand noob gains but I don't really want to undereat if I don't need to.

Also should I stick with 3x12s or swap to 3x5 or 5x5 for a cut.

Sorry for all the questions.
>>
This is the plan my trainer gave me, and I've been following it for a few weeks now.

I think my front delts are being worked too much, in comparison to the other ones. I'll talk to her soon to change that.

Anything else you guys see wrong with this?

A
Leg Curls 4x10 (currently taking a break on these)

Pull-ups 4x10 (usually goes like 10/10/9/6)
Cable Rows 4x10
Deadlift 4x10

Curls (SZ-bar) 4x10
Crunches (machine) 4x10
Some exercise for obliques 3x10

B
Leg extension 4x10 (currently taking a break on these)
Calf raises 4x10

DB flat bench press 5x10
BB incline bench press 5x10 (reps decline in later sets)
Front raises 4x10

Dips 4x10
Some variation of tricep extension 4x10

If I have time I'll run 20-30 minutes after workout A or B.
>>
I got a really sharp lasting pain in my navel a few months back that the doctors thought was an appendicitis and the doctors called off the surgery cause they thought it was a false alarm. They thought it was gastritis, tested all my organs with blood work, did everything and said they have no idea what it could be.

Well today I just discovered a Sports Hernia (hernia without a protrusion) exists and thought I'd get it checked out. What sort of doctor should I go see for muscle shit like that? Chiropractor or should I go to a sports therapist? Anyone have experience with this?
>>
If I'm doing a set of chin ups, is it good to mix in different grips for each set?

Like, 5x chin
5x pull
5x hammer grip?
>>
TL;DR - I'm torn between two workout routines

So I've been in a rut lately. About 3 years ago lost 60 pounds and was going to the gym regularly, but then I switched colleges to a college that had no gym and became moderately depressed and stopped lifting and gained most of the weight back. Lately I've dropped about 20 pounds so far, and am looking to go back to my goal weight, but I just cant seem to find a gym routine that I like comfortably. I'm torn between two routines and am looking for your advice. Keep in mind, I've been lifting for a while, even though my lifts aren't very big, so I know proper form.

The two routines I'm having trouble deciding which is better are both AB pushes, but I can't decided whether its a better idea to do

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx
or
ABxABxx

Both A and B are compound heavy "beginner routines" to get my strength back up. What do you recommend?
>>
>>40132625
probably just sore. Invest in a foam roller or a heating pad to put on them if youre just sitting around your desk
>>
w-what are the odds of my gym having only women's barbells ?(15kg)
I'm getting really worried over here
>>
Looking to do greyskill can anybody give me a rough guide for adding accessories like flys cause I'm worried I might add to many
>>
>>40133478
Stop being autistic and just add more weight?
>>
will i look like an autist if i wear sweatpants at the gym?

serious question btw
>>
>>40133575
>caring about gym fashion
>>
File: 1381141487140.gif (1015KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1381141487140.gif
1015KB, 500x281px
would lots of kettlebell swings and burpees be decent enough cardio while it is snowing and i can't run? i have kettlebells already at home and they get my heart beating and breathing fast, will it be enough if i do enough reps?
>>
>>40131971
Bumping. Would really like to know if I'm overpaying.
>>
>>40133639
Yes.
HIIT type training is how athletes who've been off season for a while or want to stay in shape with as little time investment as possible do stuff like that.
You can also just run in place if you need too. A man who was once stationed in Antartica would run in place every day to maintain his fitness.
>>
I fucked up on my last set of squats this morning and now my lower back hurts. The pain is low near the pelvis, it doesn't hurt too much and it is mostly blunt pain.

Should I apply heat or cold to the area?
>>
I need an answer on this quick if possible, im a fatty and i've been on a 1200-1500 cal a day diet going strong, however today I only ate 500 calories and did quite a bit of dumbell exercises, if I only eat these 500 cals will my body enter starvation mode or will I be fine going back to my regular deficit tomorrow?
>>
weak will power.

I'm a bitch

I keep trying no fap each week, and Monday I almost cave, and then Tuesday I absolutely cave.

Each morning like clock work, I don't know what to do.

I'm moving this weekend to a new place, and I think I'm going to try a new strategy which involves charging my phone away from the bed, 'cause I think that's the biggest trigger for me to want to jerk off.

My mornings typically go something like this

>wake up around 7-7:30
>snooze, or look at facebook on phone for 10-30 minutes
>jerk off
>shit/shave/shower
>have breakfast
>finish getting cleaned/dressed up
>go to work

I hope to eliminate the facebook/jerking off by using a real alarm clock, and having my phone a good distance away charging over night.
>>
>>40133851
you're fine for one day but try not to do it too often.
>>
File: WojakFatBlush.png (44KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
WojakFatBlush.png
44KB, 633x758px
>>40133877
Yeah I wouldnt be doing it again, I just got to dinner and thought 'damn i've basically ate nothing but low cal food today'

Just didnt want it to stunt my progress, thanks for the quick reply.
>>
Its been about 5 months at the gym (2 or 3 days a week) and I don't really feel that sore anymore. I have seen substantial improvement in my aesthetics (shoulders, arms, legs) but still have a little bit of a gut.

How do I figure out if I am working out "enough"? 15 minutes after a workout and foam rolling I don't even really feel sore or like I pushed hard enough even though by the last rep of the final set I feel like I am nearing total failure.

Routine is AxBxAxx BxAxxBx

A
Bench
Squat
Row
+Curls

B
DL
OHP
Pullups
+Curls
>>
Why do people deadlift using the smith machine? I don't see it very often, but the fact that it happens at all is just baffling to me. I can see literally no advantage whatsoever. It doesn't make it easier to pick the weight up and if you're using a barbell and it gets too heavy you can just drop it.

What's the point?
>>
Does /fit/ have a preference of Isometrics v. Compound Lifts
>>
>>40133943
3x5? You can try 2x5 and make the third set AMRAP, just squat or deadlift at the end of the workout because DL/Squat AMRAP will exhaust you
>>
>>40133943
>>40133977

the sets are 3x8. I do them in order and do other exercises while I "rest."

So it will be about 5 minutes from when I finishing doing a bench to starting another set of 8 on the bench ("resting" my chest while I do rows and squats).

Both 3x8 and 5x5 are said to be good for hypertrophy - or did I misunderstand that? I know that going 9+ on reps isn't very efficient.
>>
File: IMG_0187.png (107KB, 502x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0187.png
107KB, 502x371px
new to lifting and decided to start on SS. I've read a lot of horror stories about people who end up gaining a lot of strength with their numbers going up, but they end up pretty fat by the end of it. Basically is it possible to do SS without getting fat?
>>
>>40134028
don't eat too much obviously
>>
File: 1473521961560.jpg (41KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
1473521961560.jpg
41KB, 600x791px
How do I fix an anterior pelvic tilt?
>>
>>40131971
Seems like a lot desu.

I pay $19 a month and live in a major US city
>>
>>40134041
every forum ive been on says to eat and eat and eat while on SS, can i still gain muscle/strength while under eating?

I'm 6'4" 190lbs skinny fat
>>
>>40134044
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEn61BL4Nwk&t=302s
>>
>>40134075

No you need to eat a surplus to build muscle. 190lbs is pretty skinny for being 6'4, I'd do a 4-6 month bulk at a ~600 calorie surplus, that should leave you around 210-220 depending on how long you do it. Then cut back down to around 200 lbs over the next 2-4 months.
>>
>>40134075
Are you actually skinnyfat or do you have a big gut and love handles?

I kept telling myself I was just skinnyfat and would refuse to cut, then after a few months of lifting I gained muscle, but looked way fatter and it was NOT easy for me to cut to a decent weight.

I know people say otherwise here, but sometimes its just better to cut and lift while relying on noob gains. That way you are at least a normal bf% and have some strength, then you can work on bulking
>>
>>40134128
skinny arms skinny shoulders and large gut with love handles like you said. If I were to post a pic of myself could you get a better idea of whether I should bulk or cut? I'm getting a contradicting answer from>>40134109
>>
>>40134087
No more deadlifts :'(

Thanks anon that was the best video I've watched about the issue so far
>>
File: 1485278416801.jpg (475KB, 2400x1441px) Image search: [Google]
1485278416801.jpg
475KB, 2400x1441px
can I eat any fruits while cutting or is it a waste compared to other foods I can have with the limited allocated no. of calories?
>>
File: gjdyl4O.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
gjdyl4O.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>40124761
>Don't like oatmeal or blueberries
>Allergic to bananers

What else could I eat that's dense in good carbs and low calorie? I never hit my carb macro.

>Pic unrelated
>>
File: 904252-guts_by_albanez1992.jpg (26KB, 300x333px) Image search: [Google]
904252-guts_by_albanez1992.jpg
26KB, 300x333px
>>40124761
Weekly one cheat meal or monthly 1 day blowout?
>>
File: 1454799143734.png (242KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1454799143734.png
242KB, 640x480px
>>40134193
strawberries :^)
>>
What's the difference between Pendlay Rows and Bent Over Rows? I just wanna use the one that will give me the thickest back.
>>
>>40134168
no problem,that video fixed my anterior pelvic tilt
>>
Okay /fit/, what's best for master race aesthetics? SS or split? No more memes.

I'm 5'10 and 165 pounds. There are guys at my gym who are my weight and height who are absolutely shredded and pretty strong too, but they've been at it for years.

My lifts have gone down due to an injury but I wouldn't call myself a total novice, I've been at the gym for almost a year and feel confident I have the basics down.

Started SS after the new year, do I go for it or should I switch back to a split?
>>
>>40134227
I've tried the monthly blowout, it doesn't work. You just start craving things really badly about two weeks in and unless you're extremely persistent you'll cave.

Try either the weekly cheat meal or a maintenance day every 2 weeks.
>>
>>40134046
Buying heavier dumbbel weights it is then.

The alternative is this other gym that charges €30 a month for once a week, but the only customers I saw were overweight middle-aged men and little old ladies. Not really a comfortable atmosphere.
>>
I had my first workout today after a year and half long brake.

Only did Bench/Squats/Bent over rows/lat pulldown.

Is there anything I can do to preemptively counter the DOMS I'll get tomorrow and the day after that?

No stupid voodoo shit please, just actual things that work.
>>
>>40134046
it depends on where you live, I lived in the middle of nowhere and the cheapest gym was $56 a month. Literally cheaper just to build one yourself in your garage.
>>
>>40134556
Protein and Ibuprofen. Other than that deal with the soreness and be glad you're back.
>>
>>40124761
Where in europe can I shop online a Neck Harnest to get dat dere thick neck?
every fitness related shit I find is in the US
>>
Hurt my shoulder while bench pressing over a week ago. The pain has mostly gone away even though it still hurts when reaching behind my back or doing chin ups but I get a clicking noise or feel like something is moving inside my shoulder when rotating my arm or doing the benching movement. I've been skipping bench press and shoulder exercises since it happened.
Any advice? Should I see a doc or wait for it to get better?
>>
I hurt my right shoulder. Been using the time to catch up on squats but is there anything else I can work on? Been trying to do cardio too.
>>
>>40134767

Country? I find plenty on german Amazon.
>>
>>40134788
Portugal, a lot of problems with amazon for me is they dont ship here some stuff(the sellers)
>>
Recovering from a hamstring pull, its not totally gone yet but a lot better. Do I do leg day or nah?
>>
My dad (almost 70) swims laps regularly, but believes that even going with swimming for 4 days will cause a significant decrease in performance. Now physically there's no way that's happening in half a week, so I think it's all in his head (big component of any cardio).

He doesn't believe me, though. Does anyone know of a good study that covers this?
>>
>>40134778

I made the post above yours. I do whatever doesn't cause pain. So beside squats I do deadlifts, rows, curls, triceps pushdown, slight swimming and also some shoulder rehab exercises. It probably depends on what exactly you inured though.
>>
>>40134772

are your arms going wide? do you keep your elbows tucked in?

Check out "alan thrall how to deadlift"

similarly, if you are spreading your elbows "out" on most lifts you are putting more emphasis on the 'not-muscle' portions of your shoulder joint
>>
I need some help. And the sticky does not cover it.

I have Standing Military Press to do. But it is awkward af man...plus is the first time i do this.On the interwebs i found 3 alternates:
-Barbell Shoulder Press
-Dumbbell Shoulder Press
-Machine Shoulder (Military) Press

Which should i go for? or should i man the fuck up?
>>
>>40135286
Dumbell press is okay until you learn to perform the military press properly
>>
So I'm happy with my legs and don't want them to grow BUT I want to get my squat numbers higher.

How do I manage this? I grew crazy legs on squatting 3xweek when I started, currently doing 2x or 1x week depending on the week and I'm cutting, close to starting a lean bulk so I really want to know

>tfw small waist
>have to wear pants 3 sizes higher to have a perfect fit on quads
>always have to wear a belt
>my belts have been drilled more holes than a skank
>>
File: pq6UJ.jpg (341KB, 1168x1250px) Image search: [Google]
pq6UJ.jpg
341KB, 1168x1250px
I've been doing one hour of stretching every morning for two weeks now, trying to achieve the splits. 10 minutes of basic mobility stretching, then nine stretches from the Starting Stretching program, and then about eight more additional stretches. I don't know for sure if I'm making any
progress. I can't tell the difference between an uncomfortable stretch hold and a painful hold. I don't really enjoy doing it and my motivation to continue is slipping away. I feel like an idiot wasting so much time and causing myself discomfort for no reason.

Is anyone able to perform the splits, how did you achieve it, what exercises, how often, and how much time?
>>
Okay so simple carbs are bad because insulin spikes.
But if you divide it into 72 extremely tiny eals and eat one every 5 minutes (for a total of 6 hours), that solves the insulin spikes issue.
Which means, sugar, chocolate, etc can be healthy.

Find a flaw /fit/. Protip: you can't.
>>
File: tmp_1717-1484807787492213476910.jpg (33KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1717-1484807787492213476910.jpg
33KB, 500x480px
Guys I seriously need help. My chest is just hot garbage. Over a year I have tried DB press flat+incline, barbell press and pressups continually and have made about 4kg of progress. I can only manage 8 pressups in a row and only bench 14kg dumbbells for 5x5reps. My chest has absolute zero mass after 20 years of neglect and I feel there's nothing to even build on

I tried significantly upping my calories but all I got was fat. Is it possible to be a genetic chestlet? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Progressively adding weight only begets failure and zero progress. I hit my chest at least twice a week with nothing to show

I'm absolutely at my wits end now, what the fuck am I doing wrong????
>>
Just switched back to strong lifts from a bro split, I didn't remember it was this exhausting. That's normal right bros?

And did half a set of curls before I realised I meant to do cable extensions (the tricep isolation can't remember the actual name). Did I dun goof?
>>
I do a lot of walking every day and rely on it as my main source of exercise. According to a few online calculators walking 5km (3.1m) in 60 minutes on an even surface will burn anywhere from 280-360 calories. I walk 15km most days, so that would mean 840-1080 calories burnt. Does that seem accurate? Someone before told me there's noway that is true. Is there a more accurate way to calculate how many calories are burnt walking?
>>
>>40135255

Not sure what a deadlift tutorial got to do with it but I will try to fix my bench form. In hindsight I actually tucked my elbows in too far.

I can bench basically painfree but I'm not sure if I should since there's still that clicking that wasn't there before plus pain in some positions.
>>
Ok is a 2 day split useful?
First day:
Back, Triceps/Biceps,Belly
Second Day:
Chest, Shoulders,Legs,Belly
Both days involve compound movements like Deadlifting/Squats and isolations in the case of arms. Is this decent?
>>
>>40135713
>belly
kek. Don't. Compound lifts work it plenty.

It depends on what exercises you do on each day, how often you train per week and how trained you already are.
I did an ABx split and went really hard. Ended up with bad knees and shoulder and had to take some time off to recover...
>>
>>40135774
Ok good.
Reagarding resting:2 day workout, one day rest as natty is alright, no? I'm not sure I would still make progress without rest days in the long run. What's your experience?
>>
Will antibiotics hurt my gains/hormones?
>>
>>40135823

Everybody's different. It might or might not work for you. Just give it a try if you like it.

My split was focused around the compound lifts and looked something like this:

A:
Bench press
Incline bench press
Butterfly
Some accessory lifts for shoulder/triceps

B:
Backsquats
Frontsquats
Deficit deadlifts
Some accessory lifts for upper back and calves

Gains were good and I really liked it. I never felt tired. However eventually my joints started exploding. Most likely overuse injuries but it's also possible my form went bad during the last grinding reps.

Dont work through any pain. Give your body time to recover once it needs it.
>>
File: 1485278259947.jpg (44KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
1485278259947.jpg
44KB, 500x264px
>>40124761
I used to weigh 110 lbs in high school, 5'11". My bicep was 9 inches.

After years of lifting, I'm now 175 lbs. with a bicep that is still a laughable 14 inches around. I'm not fat, I still have visible abs, and I admit I could cut down a few pounds of fat but overall what I gained was muscle. Still, I am weak as fuck (the weakest regular in the gym) and I can't hit 1/2/3/4.

I just don't know what I am doing wrong and/or if I just have a low genetic potential. When I walk in the gym and see guys with 30 inch biceps I feel defeated because I will never be that big. I eat 3,500 calories/day and I feel like if I eat any more than that I will just become fucking fat. I keep trying to up my weight but it is a very extremely slow process whereas it went quickly before. I'm at a loss, don't know what to do, need advice.
>>
>>40127022
I cut my diet until I lost enough weight to start running. I tried it at my initial weight and wound up spraining my ankles
>>
>>40127369
They are high in protein but a sandwhich is fuck all
Eat something like 3 chicken breasts, no bread or sides and that will get you protein
>>
Can someone help me with an ideal diet plan? I eat at

6:00AM
10 AM (snack)
12 (lunch)
2 (snack)
4 PM (last meal)
Currently trying to lose weight, I do about 1.5 hours of HIIT cardio and lift weights at least 2x a week. Any suggestions?
>>
>>40129114
Im bulking bro, plus I have fast metabolism which will make this way easier.
>>
I'm at 76kg, 178cm atm and I wanted to do a small cut. Am I going to lose fat if I eat at maintenance and do some cardio or should I also eat at a deficit. I don't want to lose much mass
>>
Alright then /fit/
If I want to start doing SS what weight do I start at? If im doing babby weights do I just go for whatever feels comfy and start from there? Like say Im only benching 55kg at the start do I just go from there or is there an actual weight that should be started at?
>>
If I already back squat and do other let work what would I be missing out on if I didn't do lunges? I do them now, I hear they're good but I've never hated an exercise so absolutely.
>>
>>40136601
Start at like 90% of what you can do then work up make sure your form is good
>>
>>40135531
I'll take the lack of responses as proof that this plan is foolproof.
>>
>>40136342
Anyone?
>>
File: WojakFatEnlightened.gif (35KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
WojakFatEnlightened.gif
35KB, 633x758px
>>40136770
Thanks anon
>>
>>40136836
Yeah try it. Live on nothing but m&ms for a year and get back to us
>>
>>40136715
Anyone? I hate to bump so soon after asking but I'm doing legs tonight and if I can not lunge without any real detriment to progress that'd be great. Running PHUL by the way if that matters at all.
>>
How attainable are these legs natty?
>>
If "squat is the only exercise you need for abs" is a meme, then what are some good ab accessories to put in the end of a workout?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.