[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fatty here. I do mostly cardio for weight loss but I did abs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1986-mike-tyson.jpg (199KB, 1208x920px) Image search: [Google]
1986-mike-tyson.jpg
199KB, 1208x920px
Fatty here. I do mostly cardio for weight loss but I did abs and arms yesterday. What do I today to add to my cardio? I don't have equipment atm.
>>
> What do I today to add to my cardio?
Go outside.

Seriously though, get up and go outside. Go for a walk around the neighborhood. Go for a walk through your local park. My park has trails through the woods, maybe yours does. Get excited to go out and experience shit.

Also buy the book Starting Strength. This is probably the best advice I could give to anyone. I went from being a weakling to squatting 285 lbs for three sets of five reps in less than 10 months, and that's missing a ton of workouts and averaging 2x a week at the gym (I missed workouts because I I work and I was a weedhead and video game addict, but I quit weed and vidya for New Years and I havent missed a single workout since, because now I have a ton of free time to lift and read while off work)
>>
>>40124836
Thanks man, appreciate it.

What muscles should I work today if I'm letting arms and abs rest and have no equipment?
>>
>>40124693
>no equipment
then you can't seriously into strength training.

not sure how big you are, but i've gained a lot of weight from lifting and eating and I now am having slight difficulty deadlifting because my belly gets in the way. maybe you could just omit strength training for now and just focus on going outside and having fun exploring places. If it's fun, it's not hard to motivate yourself to exercise. Do you have a bicycle? I don't myself but if I did, I would ride it around the neighborhood as many days of the week as I could, just because it's fun. Since I don't have a bike, I walk through the neighborhood and observe as much about everything as I can - I have a bad habit of getting stuck in my mind so forcing myself to pay attention to my surroundings as I walk around the neighborhood helps me to stay in the present time instead of staying stuck in the past or worrying and stressing about stuff.

Also, I feel like some of this is covered in the sticky
>>
At the end of each workout ram a pickle in ur fat ass 4 sets 75 reps. You're gonna make it brah
>>
>>40125148
Yeah I'll focus on cardio for rn.

It's cold af outside but no one said it would be easy.
>>
>>40124854
you should be doing cardio full-body workouts every other day and cardio 5-6 times a week

don't let the memes fool you, you're not a bodybuilder, you don't need to focus on specific muscles just yet
>>
>>40125192
you should be doing full-body workouts***
>>
>>40125214
>>40125192
What's the difference between cardio and full-body cardio?
>>
>>40125191
>focus on cardio
I would say focus instead on going outside and having fun.

Staying inside all day is boring and depressing.

Going outside is fun, and it creates memories that will stay with you forever.

Remember that exercise is not something you do to fix problems, it's something that if you do not do there will always BE problems.

So you need a lifestyle change. Maybe every morning and night, go for a short walk around the neighborhood while listening to music or just listening to your surroundings. Get excited to go to the park. Maybe you're self conscious about your weight in public - I used to be really self-conscious about my acne, to the point that I never had a gf as a teenager. Even not too long ago I was self-conscious about all the acne scars and it made me feel sad every time I went out in public. But after a year of lifting and eating fish oil daily and other vitamins and good hygiene my skin looks a lot better. It took a while but the self-conscious feelings go away and now I'm really confident because I can squat a ton of fucking weight now. I had to buy new clothes because I outgrew all my old clothes, and all I wear now are Wal-mart V-neck white t-shirts, which look low-class and cheap on most people, but if you are built as fuck it looks sexy as fuck, and its cheap

How soon can you get a gym membership and start lifting?
>>
>>40125438
By next month most likely. I get my check from work tomorrow but have to pay my phone bill with it. I don't get many hours from work because I work in a theater and I only come in when someone has rented the theater space, but by next month I should have enough to get a planet fitness membership.
>>
>>40125525
Spend some time building up your cardiovascular endurance by spending time exploring the outdoors everyday.

Walking around somewhere flat like the mall is different then walking through trails in the woods, the uneven surface of a bumpy trail forces your body to work harder to travel across it. So switch it up, one day go to the park, and you might end up sore the next day, so while you are sore take it easy and walk somewhere flat - but I don't mean take it easy and sit and do nothing!

Buy the book Starting Strength, still the best advice I can give. Read chapter 1 first, then skip all the way to the last chapter, chapter 8, and read it. Chapter 8 talks about the program itself. Chapters 2-7 are tell you how to do the various lifts. You can find that information on youtube but the book still has a ton of tips you cant find on youtube.

Read with a red or blue pen or highlighter, and underline/highlight anything that you want to memorize or anything you want to stand out next time you flip thru the book.

Also I dont know if you learned this in English class but - the first sentence of a paragraph is the intro sentence, that tells you want the rest of the paragraph is about. So, there is a lot of information in the book that is like college-level physics type of stuff, which is put there if you want to debate the author on the science behind his book. That info can be skipped by us laymen. So if the first sentence of a paragraph makes no sense, skip it
>>
>>40125687
I meant to say,
spend some time building up your cardiovascular endurance, as something to do until you have a gym membership

Once you have the gym membership, do that 3 days a week(the book Starting Strength will give u the best strength training routine), have strength training be your focus, and in your freetime go out and do shit on the side

If you buy the SS book online, order yourself a poster too, the one that tells you why strength training is better than cardio training for a beginner. I have it up on my wall and its a nice daily reminder.

As a beginner, you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. But it's important you remember that this is only possible as a beginner. Coach Rip explains in much more detail in the book, but I can tell you it happened to me too. Over the holidays I failed to train and I gained a lot of fat. I started lifting as a skinny fag so this was the biggest I'd ever been. I started hitting the gym again and I noticed I have to tighten my belt tighter now at the gym than I was previously, because I burnt off a little of that fat, while still getting stronger across all my lifts. Coach Rip says that if you are a beginner and overweight, your body composition changes, and you lose fat while getting stronger. Wont last forever obv
>>
>>40125525
>Planet Fitness Membership

Alright, now you're either trolling or you're suicidal.

Continue with cardio and bodyweight exercises and save money for some simple free weights you can use at home.
>>
>>40125687
>>40125802
Thankd a lot, this reslly helped. Headed outside to go on a trek now.
>>
>>40125192
>you're not on gear, you don't need to focus on specific muscles
FTFY
>>
>>40125873
I'm not trolling. What is so bad about planet fitness? It's the only gym I can afford.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.