[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1400792392028.jpg (59KB, 960x781px) Image search: [Google]
1400792392028.jpg
59KB, 960x781px
Hey /fit/ let's talk about diet.

Assuming I just want to maintain my current body weight or do a very slow bulk, what does a healthy diet look like?
Besides the obvious calorie intake considerations, of course.

Are there any general guide lines? Many topics seem a little confusing, like it's recommended to eat fish on a regular basis for the omega-3 fatty acids, but then you also hear about plastic in the fish we eat, which could make you reconsider whether eating that is a good idea.

I just want to eat healthier, but the more I read, the more complex and contradictory everything becomes. :(

>pic unrelated
>inb4 GOMAD
>>
>>40123978
Sticky.
>>
>>40123996
The sticky is shit when it comes to diet, desu
It just simplifies to much and any concerns beyond calorie intake and makro nutrients are not sufficiently addressed.
>>
>>40123978
If you just want to maintain weight and not really care too much about health.
Then you only really need to make sure you eat really healthy...50% of the time
Like at least one of your daily three meals can be total trash as long as you keep the other 1 or two healthy.

Find your weekly tdee and make sure you always eat at or below that and rarely above it.

That gives you TONS of flexibility when it comes to daily eating.

Lastly, if you're looking a bit pudgy then there's nothing wrong with fasting or intermittent fasting.
>>
>>40124041
>If you just want to maintain weight and not really care too much about health.
Caring about health is the reason why I ask though.
Practically, I'll eat lunch at work and eat whatever is served there (usually not so healthy), but breakfast and dinner I want to eat healthy.

Main problem: What does it even mean to eat "healthy"?
Cheap meat is usually full of antibiotics, cheap fish full of plastik, but I also don't want to eat vegetarian meals most of the time (and even then, there would be other health considerations like vitamine b12)
>>
>>40124125
To add to this, there are also some concerns about carbs and how much we should eat them.

There is evidence, that ketogenic diets can cure cancer and depression in some cases, so should we generally eat less carbs? That would also decrease the risk of diabetes.
>>
We should eat fish because of iodide and omega 3 fatty acids.
We should not eat fish because of plastic and mercury.
Guess I'll just quit eating altogether.
>>
File: kH662wb.jpg (344KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
kH662wb.jpg
344KB, 2048x1365px
>what does a healthy diet look like?

Eat
>Varied
>Fresh
>Mostly veg
>Sparingly: Processed foods, salt, sugar, saturated fat
Everything else is detail and any diet that excludes certain foods or food groups for the average person has an agenda
Anyone who tells you it's more complicated than that also has an agenda

Fuck you, fuck your non-defition of healthy and fuck your thread.
>>
>>40124027
>any concerns beyond calorie intake and makro nutrients are not sufficiently addressed.

calorie intake and macros are all you need. as long as your general diet is somewhat balanced you will not have problems with micros.
only if you want to follow some retarded meme diet like keto or vegan, then you have to worry about micros.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.