[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Day at the Gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: dab.png (66KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
dab.png
66KB, 554x400px
First day at the gym today
>feeling somewhat embarrassed/awkward
>getting stared at by swole guys 2x my age
>see guy I knew from secondary school
>excitement.jpg
>shows me what to do etc
>go home exhausted but feeling great
>8/10 will go again soon desu
>tfw were all gonna make it
What was your first day like, /fit/?
>>
>>40123220
I went to the gym, worked out, and then left. No one spoke to me nor I to them.
>>
hope you're not planning on moving tomorrow
>>
>uncomfortable
>milled around on cardio machines for a few months until progressing to weight machines.
>scoped out area to get a feel for the atmosphere before going back to free weights.
>eventually started following strong lifts.
>got less uncomfortable and started asking for pointers.
>now get frequently asked for spots and congratulated on gains.

Only took a year of paying for a gym membership before actually committing to it. Now I love it, have made some decent acquaintances at the gym, but generally go in, do my lifts, and leave. Gotta put yourself out of your comfort zone to ever get anywhere mate.
>>
File: akari.jpg (179KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
akari.jpg
179KB, 1280x1440px
>>40123241
>>
>>40123220
>Got a PT for first few lifting sessions
>First day leg day
>Worked THE FUCK out of my legs
>Literally fell over twice while doing step-ups at the end of the session
>Legs were sore af for like the next 6 days
Felt great, i was addicted from that first day. The soreness of my legs and having serious trouble going up and down stairs was wonderful because i knew i pushed my body to the limit and now it was starting to change.
>>
>>40123266
How do you know when the right time is to ask for pointers?
>>
>tfw cant be bothered going today but just finished pre workout so cant sit at computer when she hits
>>
>>40123323
I guess I really didn't know, I just swallowed the knot in my throat and talked to them on a day I was feeling bold.
Obviously I didn't plan to ask when I was DL sub 1 pl8. I had meticulously watched tons of videos and practiced form best I could at home before all that. I think I asked someone for DL advice when I hit 180 lbs. Being that I injured my lower back a few years ago I was really nervous about going too heavy too fast and snapping some shit up. I asked a different guy when I hit 2pl8 for 5 just to make sure my form didn't break down. Once I got past the first terribly awkward encounter it's gotten easier with time.
>>
>>40123220
>go home exhausted but feeling great
Everyone feels like this after their first day. And 80% of those everyone drop after a few weeks
>>
>All I know about fitness is from /fit/
>Read SS like 4 times.
>Weight was dropping before I even signed up for gym because /fit/ made me autistic about diet and macros.
>Don't own a car, no license
>Only gym in walking distance is a Planet Fitness
>I examine it through google review, yelp, etc.. To get a pretty good concept of how it looks. (This calms my spergy anxiety)
>Go in, mumble my way through the sign up process.
>Only barbells are smith machine, whatever I had a contingency plan to use dumbbells.
>All the benches are taken
>HOLY FUCK WHAT DO I DO
>In looking for an open bench I reach near the end of the gym
>supreme fear of looking retarded and circling around kicks in. (For some reason I thought someone was going to ask me if I was lost, or if I needed help figuring out what to do)
>go to the closest machine near me.
>start doing some retarded leg machine thing for 15 minutes until a bench is available.
>stake my claim, got my jansport backpack, filled with two waters, a towel, a notepad, and my phone with a timer.
>zone int for 50 minutes, refusing to make eye contact with anything, don't even glance at giant mirror because I don't want to look like I'm looking at myself.
>literally counting in between reps with my fingers despite the fact that I have a timer as well because doing something with my hands helps.
>I start getting consumed by trying to figure out at what ratio is my finger counting is counting, comparatively to actual time.
>start wondering about the effects of my finger counting versus how tired I'm becoming.
>now that I'm aware of finger counting I might be subconsciously controlling it.
>this retarded consummation helps me forget I'm surrounded by people.
>I finish, walk home, drink protein shake, and do roughly the same thing every other day for a year.
>>
>>40125351
how old were you?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.