[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used to be a cardio fag, now I want to get back into exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 561046514654.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
561046514654.png
47KB, 547x465px
Used to be a cardio fag, now I want to get back into exercise with weightlifting too. The sticky recommends a barbell routine for novices to build strength, but my campus gym (the only one I can reliably get to) only has dumbbells and machines. It's basically a planet fitness without the lunk alarm and free pizza. However, I'm going to transfer to a university with a full gym next semester. In the mean time, I wanted to make do with what I have and try a Greyskull routine modified with dumbbells and minimal machines. I will be switching to barbell as soon as I have one available, but I'm hoping I'll be able to make SOME gains doing this in the meantime. Some exercise is better than no exercise, right? Let me know if there's something better I substitute in this routine.

Day 1
>3x5 DB Press/DB Bench (Alternating)
>3x5 Chinups/DB Rows (Alternating)
>3x5 Leg Press

Day 2
>1x5 DB Deadlift

Day 3
>3x5 Leg Press
>>
File: 1461970231753.png (198KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1461970231753.png
198KB, 550x535px
>>40114326
>wants to weightlift
>is following a 3x5 strength training program
>>
>>40114326

Just do some stupid split if you're a weightlifting-cuck.
>>
>>40114354
>>40114382
What would you recommend then?
>>
I am doing that routine atm as a begginer. Its working great for me. Most faggots here knock Greyskull down, but I like it.
>>
>>40114396
GSLP has autoregulation which makes it better than SS/SL by default so you made the right choice familia.
>>
>>40114396
>>40114403
>squatting only twice a weak
>deads only once a weak and just one set at that
>increasing upperbody exercise weight by only 2.5 weekly

Enjoy the not reaching your potential :)
>>
You'd honestly be better off on a split than doing that, and for a lot of reasons.
If you simply don't have access to a barbell, I'd do something like PPL/PPL for 3x8-12 on the lifts.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/

I would not recommend what you have in the OP for many reasons. Largely, you can't make the same sort of gains with DB's as you can with a barbell linearly. In short, I'd either do [1] PPLPPL, [2] Chest tri / back bi / legs / shoulders / "arms" before what you have in the OP.
>>
>>40114391
http://www.catalystathletics.com/olympic-weightlifting-workouts/training-programs/

one of the free programs.
>>
File: 1461352444466.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461352444466.png
37KB, 700x600px
Is /fit/'s version of GSLP superior than Phrak's? Pic related.
>>
>>40114451
>OP doesn't have barbells
>recommends a list of all barbell routines
>confirmed shitposter
>>
>>40114469
Just a different variation which gives a bit more taper. I still think there needs to be more deadlifting.
>>
>>40114419
Doing SS and squatting three times a week, adding 5lbs every time, means 260lbs in a year. That is not gonna happen. You will reset a lot, and still hit a wall eventually. Greyskull allows you to progress more realistically. Ye it's a bit slower at first but that's partially made up for with AMRAP sets.

It's a good program. Googling it finds nothing but stellar reviews and great testimonials. /fit/ doesn't like it because some numale looking guy made it popular over at le leddit and therefore we must autmatically hate it.

Most programs that have the big compounds are great for noobs, if one sticks to them. I hardly think it matters whether one counts the two warm-up sets and calls it 5x5 or just disregards them and calls it 3x5, or whatever else. It's still all the same basic program: lift heavy 3 times a week, focus on big compunds and throw in a couple of accessories if you must, and eat a lot.
>>
>>40114504
Then simply deadlift more? It's a template not holy writ. Johnnie Pain, who created it, encurages variations and even gives lots of examples in his book. You wanna diddy more then diddy more.
>>
>>40114419
I think it's fine to do more than 1x5 deadlifts. Personally I'll do 25-30 sets of deadlifts a week. I also think it's fine to increase by 5lbs on upper body.

You're not really supposed to stick with a beginner program for more than 3-6 months either way so I don't really see the point in nitpicking famalam.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.