[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How jacked can I get from doing pushups and pull ups?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

How jacked can I get from doing pushups and pull ups?
>>
>>40112567
replace pushups with dips / handstand pushups later because pushups get easy fast and you can get pretty jacked upper body
>>
>>40112567
Depends on your height man, if you're under 6 feet tall you can get pretty swole from bodyweight exercises
>>
>>40112567
>those underdeveloped chests
>>
>>40112567

Why the fuck do you care? Why the fuck do you ask such a ridicioulus question? Is literally everyone on this board a DYEL beginner? Here's a fucking radical idea: try it out and see where it takes you. Are you so completely obsessed with "immediate" results that you want to know BEFOREHAND how something will affect your body over the long duration? Are you fucking stupid?

And to answer your dumb question: not nearly enough as doing weighted barbell exercises to strengthen those muscles using progressive overload.
>>
>>40112665
>implying someone wants to waste time doing something they don't know will even work in the long run

kek go do 100 reps of 2 pound weights 3x a week and see how that works for you
>>
>>40112629

I would think being tall and naturally thicc would make me a good candidate for BW. I'm out of shape rn but I'm on a diet and was gonna start with cardio and then BW.
>>
>>40112641
Why would they need big pecs for fighting?
>>
>>40113020
Start off with bodyweight workouts until they become too easy than go to a gym and actually lift because you'll have a decent strength base once bodyweight becomes too easy
>>
>>40114075

Yeah, but realistically you can add weights to bodyweight exercises right? Also isn't it beneficial to do both?
>>
Just imagine how aesthetic goober would be if he didnt have grotesquely rolled shoulders
>>
>>40114075
>Start off with bodyweight workouts until they become too easy than go to a gym and actually lift because you'll have a decent strength base once bodyweight becomes too easy
This is dumb.

If you're going to go to a gym, just go. You don't need a "strength base." There is no minimum requirement for going to a gym other than your doctor clearing you for physical activity of any sort.

The vast majority of people here that stick to home/BW workouts until they're "ready" for the gym is hilarious, and they end up doing their shitty workouts for an incredibly long time, perhaps indefinitely, because they just never feel "ready."

>>40114174
>Yeah, but realistically you can add weights to bodyweight exercises right? Also isn't it beneficial to do both?
Yes, you can certainly add to BW exercises. Any decent gym will have a belt to do weighted dips/chins/pull-ups. Once you start doing weighted stuff and you're not ego lifting, you probably won't even think about doing unweighted stuff anyway.

And while you're there, try the barbell. You might like it.

>>40112641
>those underdeveloped chests
Common misconception is that pecs play a major role in punching. The reason why they have underdeveloped chests is that they train to hit you hard, not to bench a lot of weight.
>>
>>40115043

Bleh, I'm not doing anything right now but I wanna do BW and cardio to look/feel better. I don't need to get bigger, just get where BW can get me and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
>>
>>40112567
do a lot of them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.