[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Six Pack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: cunt.png (368KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.png
368KB, 500x375px
Are sit ups and crunches just a meme? Are they a waste of time?

Video says are bodies aren't supposed to work out on one specific area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVg9B75bV8M
>>
>>40110758
They're not bad, they're just over valued. People only focus on one group of muscles and forget about the others.

There's also a normie meme that all you have to do is sit ups and you'll get a six pack overnight.
>>
>>40110758
To get a six pack you just need to burn the fat in the stomach area and sit ups are a really inefficient way to burn calories. I have always seen sit-ups/crunches as a way for people to catch a break between exercises.
>>
File: 1484431237244.jpg (65KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484431237244.jpg
65KB, 400x400px
>>40111110
1 off
>>
>>40111111
>>
Aren't situps and crunches bad for your spine?
>>
abs can be trained like any other muscle, with progressive overload.

I think sit-ups and crunches are not great for that, because

1) they aren't that easy to overload (other than going to infinite reps) and
2) they just train the type of low-intensity stabilization-kind-of-pattern that your abdominal muscles perform day-in day-out anyway. They are very used to this kind of constant, high-rep, low-intensity stressing.

I like to hit them with a weighted crunch machine for 6-10 reps 3x a week, and I try to go for a PR at least once a week. This has really made them noticably bigger for me, even after only like 4 weeks of doing it.

Other alternatives that allow weighting like cable crunches exist, but once you go past a certain weight, they might become a little impractical unless you anchor yourself to the ground somehow or something.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.