[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

starting strength equipment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: equipment.jpg (502KB, 1322x761px) Image search: [Google]
equipment.jpg
502KB, 1322x761px
New to /fit/ and lifting in general. I read the sticky and wanted to do the starting strength workout. Trying to build a home gym. want to take this seriously.

Is this all that i will need for equipment?

$1200 for everything money is not a really a issue but if you guys know a cheaper alternative i am all ears
>>
>>40109877
You'll want some safeties for the rack
Other than that it all looks good.

Make sure you get some change plates too, so you can add 2.5lbs or less to that bar at a time
>>
>>40109877
Also, you'll want to buy the starting strength book, if you haven't already. It's really worth the read
>>
>>40109877
You might want mats and/or bumpers for deadlifts and cleans. A platform is ideal, but they cost a fortune.

FYI, a home gym like this costs as much as several years of a gym membership. The gym will also have better equipment that gets maintained and replaced frequently. It's more for the convenience.
>>
>>40109981
He even goes over building a home gym in the book.
>>
>>40109877
change the bench to incline adjustable
get the safety bars.
great stuff
>>
Looks nice but you can probably get the same thing on Craigslist for half the money if your autism allows you to talk to strangers
>>
>>40109877
see>>40111072

it's a non adjustable bench and cheapass rack
get them second hand because you will eventually want to replace them

second hand shit can be sold for what you paid
>>
>>40111058
Agree with this
adjustable bench and bar safeties and good to go
>>
File: image.png (724KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
724KB, 1536x2048px
>>40109877

That Rogue bench is a rip off. Buy this one from Rep fitness for $130.

I have it. Very solid.
>>
>>40111177
The rogue bench looks far more stable and strong
>>
>>40111194

If you want to pay $70 more dollars for something with a Rogue sticker on it, nobody will stop you (the Rogue price is before shipping, but the Rep is after).

All I'm saying is that I bought one a year ago and it is the best bench I've ever owned.
>>
File: image.png (182KB, 757x501px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
182KB, 757x501px
>>40109877

>Is this all that i will need for equipment?

CHIN UPS ARE IN STARTING STRENGTH!!!

Get a rack with a chin-up bar.
>>
>>40111072
This. Ive seen super cheap home gym equipment on craigslist.

That squat rack has adjustable height right? like you can put the bench under it and use the racks for bench?
>>
>>40109877
Don't get a squat stand, get an actual cage. You can adjust the safeties so that you can bench or squat as heavy as you like without ever having to worry about killing yourself.

Don't get an Ohio bar. Get an Ohio Power Bar. The Ohio bar does not have center knurling, which really sucks when squatting. The OPB is what you want.

Adjustable bench would be good.

I recommend getting Olympic dumbbell handles, and get some cheap 10s and 5s from your local Wal-Mart or sports store.

Make sure the cage you get has a bar across the top to do pull-ups from.

Get a dip belt as well.
>>
>>40110021
So what you're saying is a home gym is cheaper if you want to be fit for more than several years and don't retardedly find a way to break all your shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.