[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is probably an amateur question but besides fiber, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

This is probably an amateur question but besides fiber, what do vegetables give you that vitamins cant?

Couldnt i just take a fiber supplement and take a regimen of vitamins every day instead of force feeding myself vegetables everyday?
>>
Vitamins are unregulated, so there are no guarantees on what you're getting.
>>
>>40102594

>what do vegetables give you that vitamins cant?

Complex phytochemicals that have a variety of health effects and aren't easily supplemented since they work synergistically with other phytochemicals and vitamins in ways that we don't currently have a complete understanding of.

http://www.aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/
>>
>>40102609
How so? Like not FDA approved?
>>
>>40102637
No, more like artificial and contain residue from production that is not found in normal food. That stuff is not studied enough for us to tell you what would happen if you only took your vitamins from artificial sources.

Anon, i'd say just skip the vitamins and the force feeding and just eat Normal food i.e. not kfc all day everyday. Eat homecooked meals half of the time and no deficiency will / CAN come.
I'm a final year medstudent.
>>
>>40103347
>>40102637

Also, vitamins are not 1 molecule 1 vitamin. A number of molecules can act as a vitamin, so artificial vitamins might be an isomer of the natural vitamin that can interact with your body in unnatural ways. Creating molecules exactly like nature does is costly, maybe even impossible sometimes.
>>
FIBER
I
B
E
R
>>
>>40102625
This. Eating 2 servings of broccoli everyday will outperform the most expensive multivitamin on the market if you have a normal human diet.
>>
>>40102594
I don't think you can replace real food with a chemical. For example I take a multivitamin that contains 1000mg of vitamin C but some days I rather make some real oranje juice which feels better because it's natty
>>
>>40102594
I bet you're the same type of person who does 5scoops a day instead of just eating some meat
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.