[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fashion Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Everybody here hate /fa/ and r/mfa, well this two focus on find a style or quality stuff with a different aesthetic to the clothes that everyone uses, focus in be "different", but lurking i have noticed that many here try to dress well but fail in the attempt.

The majority try to dress to attract women or just to look "good". The common questions are "how to dress for the gym" "are these shoes good?" "how to dress for a night party".

I wanna help.

AskMeAnything
>>
I want to hijack the first reply by saying that dressing well and getting fit are two routes to the same destination; improving yourself and increasing your confidence.
The only reason /fa/ is such a shit board is because everyone is literally underage, they have no board culture and they overvalue meme brands/designers like Rick Owens.

I just also want to emphasize that someone who knows how to dress properly, /fit/ or not, will -always- look better than someone who doesn't.
>>
File: RickOwens.jpg (182KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
RickOwens.jpg
182KB, 1024x683px
>>40098356
Everything here except for the Rick Owens thing.

>Rick Owens is overvalue meme brands/designers
Damn...this is wrong is so many levels.
In the world of fashion Rick Owens is right now is the BEST QUALITY in the world.
You need to go to a store or "touch" all the pieces of clothes he make to know why he is so good.
If you go to Harrods to a store of Rick Owens, you will find another world instead of a store.
Elderly people buy Rick Owens stuff, if you go to New York with a good eye you can see a lot o people wearing that shit, same as young people.
Most of the poeple had problem with the aesthetic, "clown shoes" "black wizard clothes" "subnormal people" "you must be in drugs to wear this thing" this all belong to the fashion world, if you wanna see somebody wearing Rick Owens without looking subnormal, see Asap Rocky (yes the black rapper).
Rick is good, not for everybody.
>>
>>40098325
Wear whatever you want to the gym. The point is to work out. You should be focusing on yourself, not other people (except for that cute cardio bunny).
>>
>>40098435
NO, you are wrong.
There are clothe "made it" for the gym, you can't wear a suit for the gym.
There are shoes that improve your workout.
>>
Rick is a fucking meme, dude. If you're wearing full Rick and you're not walking down a runway (and you're not a model) you're gonna look like a total doofus.

The only way people wear Rick in public is constantly muttering under their breath

>m-muh cutting edge fashion
>m-muh quality of fabrics and cut

and thinking people around them are plebs for not "getting" it or "understanding" it.

I'm not saying he's a shit designer. I'm saying nobody can pull it off because it only looks good on the runway or in photoshoots because they are the only environments which can provide a context/atmosphere for these garments.

>inb4 "i only wear one or two pieces at a time"

that's ok i guess
>>
>>40098568
>he care what other people think
>>
>>40098568
you just don't have confidence or personality to wear whatever you want to wear just because "what other people think".
You aren't cool anon, the best thing you can wear is confidence
>>
File: 066-077_rick-owens.jpg (62KB, 879x1322px) Image search: [Google]
066-077_rick-owens.jpg
62KB, 879x1322px
>>40098425
Allright I whould nuance my post by saying that the people on /fa/ buy his pieces without being able to pull the aesthetic off. If you swap your sneakers for Geobaskets you WILL look like a clown.
What I'm trying to say is that I respect his work but I find that most people who buy his stuff aren't able to wear them properly. Also a hug fan of Flacko, he definitely is one of the people who can pull it off.

Also working out is modern cootoor
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.