[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

first day at gym thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: fatfuck.png (12KB, 527x372px)
fatfuck.png
12KB, 527x372px
ooooooooh here we go
fucking been working out at home and doing simple shit
finally got into the groove

get membership recently
buy runnings shoes, converse, gym bag, the whole kit (i forgot the towel actually, was nervous)
go to gym

dont know what the fuck to do
all girls are on treadmill and there's one free
all the dudes are either jacked as fuck or paki and lanky as fuck

get all shy and decide to run for an hour
as im about to leave i try to figure out some machines but get discouraged

how did your first day go?
>>
the first day i basically did like every machine there a little bit, just fucking around

got so sore i couldn't move for 2 days
>>
>>40094067
very fucking nice
wish i could be like you
>>
>>40094075
heh, you're not the first kid
>>
On my first day I had prepared by reading stronglifts 5x5 so i did squats bench and rows for the first time, all with bad form. I was a skinny lanklet so i was self conscious the whole time.
>>
>going to the gym to run on a treadmill

Why the fuck do you spergs do this? Just find a program and lift some weights dude, don't make a bigger deal out of it than it is.
>>
>>40094087
watch videos my man. I started 5x5 6 months ago and was watching a lot of videos and reading the guys website.

theres a channel thats kinda faggy but it really helped me, buffdudes. They have pretty good tips on form
>>
>>40094087
what are stronglifts 5x5? man
i dont even know how to do any of this shit and im afraid of messing up form
im a skinny lanklet albeit 6'2 with blessed shoulders
>>
>>40094098
it's so cold some places you shouldn't run outside unless you want to lose gains
only acceptable time to go to the gym to run
>>
>>40094118
I live in Canada
>>
>>40094051
>as im about to leave i try to figure out some machines but get discouraged

why not free weights? you too pussy to mix in with men?
>>
>>40094107

https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Read the sticky at the top of /fit/, it helped me, I started at 155lbs 6'3 to 185lbs in about a year
>>
Curled on the only squat rack in my local fitness club gym. nuff said
>>
one day i decide enough is enough, im going to change my pathetic body. bodyweight shit, some random 20lb db I found covered in dust, and a few googles later im at a gym.

I'm READY. Everything on my phone. I watched all the videos. I'm changing my fucking life. I think it was SS or SL theyre both retard shit.

Shit form, flexibility, no warmup, weak af. When I walk in it is packed and everyones busy taking everything. I didn't even think of music or headphones at this time. I'm just trying to figure shit out. awkwardly try to DL 25 and then 1pl from some bar I found tucked away in a corner.

Go for Lat pulldown but my math teacher is on it and in a panic I rush to the DBs and do the only thing I can think of.. curls. I hate seeing myself in the mirror so I look at my feet.

Go for the nearest bench to turn my 10lb curls into bent over rows and someone taps me and says they were using it. After laughing it off I walk right the fuck out.
>>
File: 1467156633773.gif (2MB, 225x315px) Image search: [Google]
1467156633773.gif
2MB, 225x315px
Thank fuck I have a /fit/ older brother to teach me how to do all this. If I had to walk into that tiny LA fitness and sit there struggling benching the bar like a complete cunt I'd have killed myself.
>>
>>40094051
went in, did some deadlifts with like 30kg and paying attention to keeping my back straight. All that in my jeans. Then some bench press with straight bar. Left home to continue reading SS on sqats
>>
>>40094107
Pro tip

STARTING LOW WEIGHT ISNT BAD

Seriously

Ignore linear progression for a bit of you don't feel comfortable

Spend a day working on ones you really find uncomfortable, add 10-15 lbs to the bar and do 10 sets

But overalll you are looking to build strength, there comes a point where form and heavy lifting clash and it won't always be perfect
>>
>>40094822
and?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.