[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help with pic related. I feel like I can lift more with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1483607524508.gif (1MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1483607524508.gif
1MB, 400x226px
Need help with pic related.
I feel like I can lift more with my diddly but grip just wont hold. I'm at 2.5pl8.
Should I train my grip or get straps like a bitch?
>>
File: images (54).jpg (26KB, 400x368px) Image search: [Google]
images (54).jpg
26KB, 400x368px
>>
>>40091176
Get chalk first. Then grip train until 3pl8. Then straps to 4.
>>
>>40091176
Fix to diddly problems is more diddlies. Grip strength will build up with other muscles.

Of course you can add some accessories like farmer's walks etc. to train grip specifically.
>>
File: proper-hand-grip.jpg (335KB, 1423x1195px) Image search: [Google]
proper-hand-grip.jpg
335KB, 1423x1195px
>>40091176
1. Chalk
2. Grip the bar properly, pic related
3. Do more grip work, I particularly like DB rows, but you can do shrugs, BB rows, farmer's walks, plate pinches, etc.
4. Are you using over-under grip or hookgrip? Or are you going double overhand? If the latter, learn how to use over-under grip or hook grip
5. If you're not planning on being a powerlifter, and you're doing deadlifts for some other reason, I don't think it's too big a deal if you use straps. If you like using them and they get you deadlifting more, then go ahead.
>>
>>40091176
hook grip or straps. alt grip can develop imbalance. if you do decide to use alt grip i believe there is a trick to stop tilting the bar into your alt hand. it has something to do with gripping it wider than usual. should be on youtube.

using straps doesn't really make you a bitch. it's just that you can increase your weight faster than your grip can improve. as long as you do your lifts without straps as heavy as you can you will be improving your grip.
>>
>>40091176
This is what I do and I can comfortable double overhand grip 3pl.
>Deadlifting double overhand all sets except top set.
>Straps for top set
>Hook or over/under for PR attempts.
>Every bench and OHP day do 4x8-12 rows and lat pull downs/weighted pull ups.
I definitely get a better pump from the rows and lat pulldowns than from deadlifts though.
>>
>>40091176
use double overhand for all warmup sets and as many working sets you can until it gets hard to hold. then switch to straps or mixed grip and chalk up

i can doh 4pl8 w/ chalk and that's pretty much all i did, besides other heavy pulling movements.
>>
Mix grip plus chalk
>>
File: a bitch.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
a bitch.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>40091176
> straps like a bitch

You dyel newshits are a fucking embarrasment.

t. 4plate chalkless double overhand
>>
>>40091176
Deadlift more often, do grip work and hold the bar on last rep of every set as long as you can. Keep in mind grip strength does take a longer time to build so using straps will actually set you really far back, just be patient Anon.
>>
File: 480.jpg (31KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
480.jpg
31KB, 800x600px
use the wrist roller. I was stuck for a while and got my grip up with pic related. do it every time youre in the gym
>>
>>40091176
Put the pussy pad on the bar for warmup/back off sets and grip it, ez selfmade axle bar and so fucking hard to grip
>>
>>40091519
>If you're not planning on being a powerlifter, and you're doing deadlifts for some other reason, I don't think it's too big a deal if you use straps.

Why are you lifting weights? With your logic we might as all just use machines for every lift. God fucking forbid someone challenges themselves.
>>
>>40091759
you deadlift as much as I did at 17, am i supposed to be impressed?

of course a DYEL like you doesn't see the utility of straps, because all you know of training is rippetoe routines and /fit/ memes

Boris Sheiko has his athletes use straps in training, you do not know better than Boris Sheiko
>>
>>40092281
My point is that if you're a powerlifter, using straps should be avoided, because specificity is a thing. Notice how I also not said ''not a big deal'' as in ''stop worrying to much about''. If he's not a powerlifter then worrying about his grip strength while deadlifting is pretty arbitrary.

My message was basically: ''Stop overthinking it, do what you want''
>>
>>40092299
This post is like the "my dad is stronger than your dad"
Personally I was deadlifting triple what he and you are doing right now. N-no wait quadruple.
>>
>>40091759
>t. 4plate chalkless double overhand

I fucking love it when people post this kind of shit thinking it's impressive
Protip: it's not.
>>
>>40091759
>>40092556
Ironically he posted Eddie wearing straps.

Side note: while Eddie is obviously an insane lifter, I still liked Benedikt Magnusson's record breaking lifts better. They were always so clean.
>>
>>40091176
work on your grip. not being able to lift 2.5 plates without straps is actually disgraceful. i only started using straps when i hit 4 plates
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.