[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love lifting. The problem is that i have been through long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (76KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 640x960px
I love lifting. The problem is that i have been through long breaks. I get too into lifting and obsess over it(like i am right now) then i burn out before making it a true lifestyle. How do you manage this hobby long term?
>>
don't pick a routine that lasts multiple hours, pick the shortest one.

if you are no longer having fun switch it immediately or you risk burning out doing something you don't enjoy doing. try something like olympic lifts or crossfit (yeah i know).

as long as you are having fun you'll never burn out.
>>
>>40090351
how long does it usually take before you burn out?
>>
Everybody had periods of burn out. That's the point. Only the dedicated work through it, the weak give in and eventually end up fat balding weak Normies. Do it or don't. It's always up to you.
>>
You should atleast have a pullup bar at home so you can never forget how great a good workout feels like when you do a good set of pullups at home.
>>
Make working out as accessible and easy you possibly can.
>>
>>40090351
How long are your workouts and how many days a week do you workout? You might be doing some stupid shit that'll burn you out way fast (2 hr PPL 6 days a week or brosplit).
>>
>>40090351
>tfw i've been weight lifting for about 7 years
>tfw tuesday/thursday/saturday afternoons are my WL days
>tfw i've been a home gym guy for years
>tfw made the jump to a commercial gym a few months ago
>tfw i enjoy it more now than i ever did at home

the trick might be to make some kind of radical change, family.
>>
Take a rest day or deload week or even a day off when you're tired. Don't take it so seriously and you'll last longer marathon not a sprint blah blah blah. Whatever you do just make sure you're going consistently.
>>
Take it easy dude, you have the rest of your fucking life. Just come and try to stick to your routine but if obligations/feeling bad cut your workout short just make sure you showed up and at least did your main lift. Don't let your workout be something you dread or think to yourself "oh I'm going to HAVE to be at the gym for 2 hours and do all this bullshit".

Aim to accomplish your entire workout but settle for less so you don't come up with an excuse to not show up
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.