[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tanning beds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (24KB, 236x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 236x357px
Everyone knows being pale is unaesthetic as fuck, so being pale I'm thinking about using a tanning bed. My question to you /fit/ is how dangerous are tanning bed? If I'm conservative with my usage and don't burn while using them do I still run the risk of getting cancer ?
>>
KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF WHY DO YOU HATE YOU OWN KIND SO MUCH FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF WHY DO YOU HATE YOU OWN KIND SO MUCH FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF WHY DO YOU HATE YOU OWN KIND SO MUCH FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
>>
>>40079814
My cousin used to use tanning beds. She stopped but she still developed skin cancer a few years later and she has to use an umbrella everywhere now
>>
>>40079814
>cancer
What is cancer? Cancer is a mutant (or useless) cell. We all have cancer to some degree. In a healthy person, these cells are destroyed by the immune system before it goes out of control. If not, it ends up being replicated (as a recovery process) until it is out of control. It's like the body duplicating the wrong cells on accident. What causes it? Well, I'm no expert but ionizing rays like UV certainly don't help. These rays "break" the healthy cells, creating the useless mutant cells I've mentioned. Moles on your skin are an example of cancer. How many moles do you have on body parts that are exposed vs where the sun don't shine?

I dunno why I babbled on about this but long story short, don't go overboard, or better yet, just sit in the sun for a few minutes here and there.
>>
>>40079814
Being pale isn't unaesthetic u insecure cunt.
>>
>>40079814
I fucking hate this grass is greener on the other side meme. My best friend is always saying how he's too pale. Meanwhile there's people bleaching their skin to look paler.
Utter normie bullshit
>>
>>40079814
I use tanning lotion when it's summer time and more skin shows because >cancer.
Then again, i'm a femanon. :^)
>>
File: hughie-maughan-578766.jpg (42KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
hughie-maughan-578766.jpg
42KB, 620x413px
>>40080067
yeah in south america skin bleaching is the new craze meanwhile in Europe its al about that tan
really makess you think
>>
>Everyone knows being pale is unaesthetic as fuck
>According to the FDA, citing the Indoor Tanning Association, there were 25,000 tanning salons in 2010 in the US (population 308.7 million in 2010).[e][52] Mailing-list data suggest there were 18,200 in September 2008 and 12,200 in September 2015, a decline of 30 percent. According to Chris Sternberg of the American Suntanning Association, the figures are 18,000 in 2009 and 9,500 in 2016.[53]

tanning is a shitty trend from the 2000s, don't fall for the meme, unless you want to look like a guido
>>
Enjoy your skin cancer lel
>>
Medfag here. Bottom line tanning is bad for you. The tanning process is your body trying to protect the skin from the UV radiation.Uv rays damage the skin cells dna. The ones that survive still have damaged dna that will eventually lead to skin cancer.the cells that get damaged beyond repair die and they are replaced by new cells . This process is perceived as the peeling of the skin after a sunburn.
There is no healthy way to get tan. The melanin that gives you the tan is only produced when your skin gets damaged and returns to normal otherwise. If you must i would prefer the lotions that stimulate melanin without exposure to uv rays.
>>
>>40080111
>(((Sternberg)))
>>
Even if you don't get cancer your skin is still getting fucked. Enjoy those extra wrinkles when you get older
>>
Wouldn't do it without sunscreen (to block the excessive uvb/uvc-rays from the shitty tubes) and not for more than 15 mins. Tl;dr: wouldn't bother.
Get some irl-sun when you can and take some vitamin d instead.
>>
>>40079814
Tanning isn't good for you, and in the long run isn't great for your skin either. But, aesthetics are more important. Just get to a slight tan (like people think you might go out a few times a week as opposed to looking like a closet troll) and then maintain it at that level. Don't go past though, or else you will get all jacked up.

Alternatively; spray tan.
>>
>>40079814
Even if you don't get cancer it can cause premature signs of aging in your skin. Whatever floats your boat though, I'd rather get a spray tan if I felt desperate enough
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.