[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/self/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 36

File: goku_2015_fnf_by_saodvd-d8nvxr3.png (756KB, 1024x1256px) Image search: [Google]
goku_2015_fnf_by_saodvd-d8nvxr3.png
756KB, 1024x1256px
Self improvement thread. I'm tired of reading tfw no gf posts and feels posts. In this thread, we all aim to make it. Feel free to post some advice or motivaitonal pics or whatever. I'll be posting life tips and such too.

Improving yourself starts with getting a fucking life.

I assume if you're already here that your lifting already. If your not, then do couch to 5k, a beginner lifting program. Just get in shape. Being in shape and atheletic usually makes your more attractive, even if your mother is the only one who loves your face. Attractive people are treated better than unattractive ones. Pretty self explanatory.

The rest of the components of getting a fucking life include the follwoing

>1. have something going for you.

If your a NEET you should be finding a job or applying to schools. Being a NEET is a dead end in life with no rewards. You should always be working to better yourself through a avenue. Wheter it's working towards a promotion in a job or just finishing school, being doing something to improve yourself in the immediate or long run.

>2. have a hobby.
This means one that isn't lifting. If you want to talk to girls, this also means your hobby shouldn't be a ultra nerdy one like comics or video games. For example, I study history and politics in my spare time because I find it really fascinating. I also write (terribly but it's the thought that counts).

Social skills advice or in next post
>>
450lb guy here. Started walking last week. Can only do about 1.5km at the moment, aiming to make it to 2k by the end of the month.

We're all going to make it bros
>>
>tfw no gf
>>
Started lifting in mid-November. I'm 10 kg overweight according to BMI. When I started I had the assisted pull up machine at -70 lbs. Just did a set of 2 unassisted pull ups today. Hooray, progress! Also I've lost 4 kg (10 more to go to my ideal weight).
>>
File: comfy pepe.png (167KB, 636x426px) Image search: [Google]
comfy pepe.png
167KB, 636x426px
I wouldn't advise people to get a job. Being NEET is the ideal state.Working for Sheklestein 45 hours a week for min wage isn't going to make you happy, and it will barely make you more attractive to women.
>>
>>40079290
Work experience always helps
Bit of extra money in your pocket
Would rather be working than sat jerking off 24/7
But that's just me, I find a job/college helps keep structure to a day
>>
File: 1437976864287.jpg (20KB, 192x234px) Image search: [Google]
1437976864287.jpg
20KB, 192x234px
>>40079219
>"What's the fucking point of doing all of this stuff If I'm still an autist?" one might ask. How do I improve my social skills?

It's literally all practice. All of it. You got to put yourself out there in situations where you'll have to interact with people. This is why having a job and or going to school is a good thing. It puts you in a position to practice talking to people.

Good ways of putting yourself out there outside of just class or school is to join a club. I was fucking terrible at talking to people so I joined my university's Model UN club, where I had to stand up and give speeches as well as interact with people if I wanted to succeed at it. I'm not ultra charismatic now but I can talk to most people, including hot girls without being a stuttering mess. If your not in uni find another club outside. There are plenty! Running clubs are a good place to look. Librarys sometimes, etc.

The ultimate goal again is to put yourself out there. Even short conversations with random people are better than nothing at all

>What are things that I can talk about though?

This is where Hobbies come in, talk about what you do for fun. Whether it's painting, history, cars, guns, research your doing, etc. Talk about it. If your too autistic to talk about your hobbies then ask a person about themselves, guys, girls, every normie likes to talk about themselves.

I've been in relationships for the past 3/4 years of my life so I'll give non meme women advice if everyone doesn't hate me for posting this
>>
File: happy.jpg (27KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
27KB, 400x388px
Things I've done to improve myself

>finished B.A.
>got a job doing private tutoring
>work at gym with athletes who have disabilities
>travlled around the world
>teachers college currently

Things I want to do to improve myself

>learn another language
>take a blacksmith course for fun
>learn some basic coding
>take up metal detecting as a hobby

Any other brahs have suggestions of any sort?
>>
File: 1484720508168.png (528KB, 1040x686px) Image search: [Google]
1484720508168.png
528KB, 1040x686px
Started lifting after 2 months off, 2 weeks in and have already made it back to my previous personal best lifts, have been working on gymnastic rings also and just nailed my first back lever.
On top of that, cold showers, eating well, killing final year of uni, haven't dipped below 80% in any assignment, life is awesome at the moment my dudes!

To anyone feeling beaten down right now work on things one step/day at a time, have an ideal and strive towards it, you've got a lot more to give than you think, we're ALL gonna make it brahs
>>
>>40079390
sounds good brah!

learning an instrument is fun too but it sounds like you've already got a lot on your plate
>>
>>40079414
I play guitar, trumpet,a bit of drums, and am going to fiddle around with a banjo when I get the chance to next. Also took up some vocal with my church choir as well, and it's definitely taking time to develop my voice .
>>
>>40079343
>How do I get a GF?

First and foremost, despite what everyone tells you, Women are not some monolith hivemind. Everyone is different in some way. This brings me to my first point which is getting women is a numbers game. You'll miss alot but sometimes you hit. I got a FWB by just liking a girls facebook comment on my Uni confession page. This was after a half a year of mixed success Tinder dates. You just got to put yourself out there and talk to girls. You'll hit and you'll miss but you'll never get a gf if you don't try.

>don't be fucking creepy. + Talking stuff

Same talking advice as before, talk about plans or hobbies or such. Always ask Women about themselves, most Women can go on for quite a while about themselves and love to have someone they can talk too about inane shit.

Don't EVER compliment a girl you don't know personally online. You instantly lose. Compliment her in person and don't be expletive. Don't mention a part of her body, just say, "hey, you look good today!" Or"hey, I like your Dress!" Not only will it make them feel better, if they are attracted toward you, it'll draw them toward you more. I've gotten two girls into me by just talking to them intermittently about random stuff and giving them a passing compliment like above when I see them.

>Don't be a needy bitch

If your busy in your own life, this shouldn't be a problem, Women hate needy bitches and if you constantly demand their attention, you'll lose.
>>
>>40079219
>Meditation

It's not just something you do to "feel more spiritual" as some people seem to think. Its purpose is very much to gain a better understanding of yourself, of your mind and how it works, how to be more focused and aware of what is going on in the moment and not being a slave to your thoughts. I've made it a point to do this daily, first thing in the morning and it pays off.
>>
File: progress.jpg (253KB, 1632x960px) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
253KB, 1632x960px
going from /pathetic mode/ to /slightly less pathetic mode/

>stopped drinking alcohol and smoking weed altogheter
>started learning dutch
>started going to gym
>got stable job finally
Now to get big and find job that i actually enjoy
>>
How do you guys get the work ethic for boring, monotone work? I'm a freelancer so my time is directly correlates with how much I earn. I start doing some work but after a few minutes I'll get bored and just tab out and play vidya.

How do I /work ethic/?
>>
>>40079427
that's awesome. i play guitar and piano, but singing always seemed way harder, at least to me
>>
>>40079492
Brother, start scaffolding your work. Set out a clearly delineated plan with just a basic task. Accomplish it, and check it off a list. There is something ultra satisfactory about checking things off of lists.
>>
>>40079475
nice work anon! remember that findi ngsomethingy you enyoy doing that you can bring passion into is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more important then the amount of money you get from it, still bills need to be payd but yeah if you dont like your work/not motivated youl end up wanting to fucking die
>>
File: 1240393095655.jpg (83KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
1240393095655.jpg
83KB, 639x595px
>>40079465
And finally, just general success advice.

>1. Relish the challenge.
I work 25 hours a week, take classes, lift/run, and do research about Supernovas. It's tiring, stressful, and a bitch sometimes. But I relish the challenge. I'm becoming the best I can be. Will I ever obtain this perfection? who knows, but it's the journey and effort that counts.

>Fucking Believe in yourself
It took me a while to learn this as my parents first told me this advice when it came to my cross country races and I threw it out because they are fat. But they we're right. A little faith goes along way. If you are truly working hard in anything, be it lifting or school, you need to have faith in the work you put in. Because that work, will lead you to success in the long run. You'll fail sometimes, but as long as you learned and came away with something of value, it's alright. Sometimes things just aren't meant to be. But it's ok, cause you'll find your way if you don't dwell on your failures, learn from them, and move on.

We're all gonna make it bros, it might not be tomorrow, but it will happen eventually
>>
>>40079475
>>40079524
What this anon said. You gotta pay bills but find something that really makes you happy cause you'll be working for a long time. the Money is only ever worth being miserable if you're making at least high 6, to 7 figures. >>40079492
When I'm studying, I'll eithier work with a movie in the background or I'll ration out work and breaks. Like 2 hours of studying and a 30min video game break afterwards.
>>
>>40079465
This might be a weird question, but how do you know if you're being creepy?

I can never tell if I'm a genuine creep or I just think I'm being one.
>>
>>40079252
keep on bro, i believe in you
>>
>>40079586
if you dont know if you are creepy then you probably are just now
>>
>>40079601
Fuck
>>
>>40079586
Being needy. If your constantly following her around and talking to her. then ya, you probably are.
>>
>>40079524
>>40079582
my grand goall is to have own self sustaining business but i have no idea what i want to do in my life

biggest struggle of my life desu
if ill get good at lifting ill maybe look some course how to train people or shit idk.

way too earlly to say
>>
>>40079614
I feel you man. I'm a chemistry major and I want to own a pot dispensary. I live in FL and for a state that relies on Tourism, I think there's a lot of money to be made when it finally is legalized
>>
File: image.png (301KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
301KB, 500x497px
>tfw i was a skinny DYEL and i have to talk first to get women
>tfw now i'm /fit/
>tfw now random women talk to me in the gym, even they try to be funny making random jokes
>mfw now i don't have to do the first step to get laid in the gym!
Thanks /fit/
We're all gonna make it brahs!
>>
>>40079252
it might feel like 1.5 isn't a lot but its infinitely more than all the cunts still sitting on the couch, you can do it brah
>>
File: what.png (51KB, 1000x1590px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
51KB, 1000x1590px
>>40079252
I originally didn't pass the presidential fitness test when I was in elementary school cause I couldn't run a mile fast enough. In HS I ran a 4:54 and in college I did a marathon in 3hr 15mins.

You can do it man. keep at it
>>
>>40079219
>If you want to talk to girls, this also means your hobby shouldn't be a ultra nerdy one like comics or video games.
Terrible advice. Girls care more for how passionate and confident you are in your hobby. You think the girl cares that you like "ultra nerdy" stuff (Oh, please, OP) when you make her laugh and carry yourself with respect.

Any hobby can be turned against you if you feel shame for having it.
I never hide the fact that I play video games. I make it a quirk of mine, and girls love me ever more for it
>>
>>40079828
I should stress that you need an actual personality and some charisma to do so
>>
>>40079981
Ya, I kind of wrote it for someone who has none of those things
>>
>>40080021
Ah, Fair enough
>>
>>40079219
help me with this bros.
i've asked out this girl succesfuly, like a pro i should add, but i failed to make a move when we went out. and that happened again for like 3 or 4 times over the course of a few months. i asked her out again recently and she blew me off, but i know she was into me. i might have also spilled my spaghetii a little and made myself look like an uniterested douche. doesn't help that she has a big ego and shit. i haven't texted her lately. do i keep trying or nah ? keep in mind that she's insanely hot, kinda kinky, opened up to me, and is generally not a slut, many have tried hooking up with her and i know they didn't succed. might be because of high standards tho
>>
>>40080085
You can try, but you could still fail.

Why didn't you make a move?
>>
>>40080085

Stop giving a fuck my man
>>
>>40080108
extremly well founded reasons. emotional baggage and shit on her part, my paranoia about the fact that she's playing mind games with me, and i'm sure she was. the fact that i've never been into an actual relationship doing lovey dovey shit and i'm generally and independent asshole, even to my friends. also i failed to notice hints, and now that i look back on everything there were a lot, she was into me.

but everything boils down to me being a pussy there and then and doing what >>40080153
says. i tried to make myself as disinterested as possible to the point where i frustrated her by being kinda unapproachable and failing to see hints.

i'll probably try again, and try not to fail but i never have a plan and improvise on the spot, right ? the problem is that in the moment i'm too autistic to see hints and to see how i'm annoying or irritating people. also what approach should i go for, fake being an in love faggot or just go full chad on her ( this worked before with other, but this one seems to be different, i might be biased tho )
>>
>>40079219
1. A job is a huge waste of time. This is true always, with the exception if you can become a top tier medical researcher or politician or AI programmer, that can actually make a difference in the world. But let's face it, this is feasible for less than 0.00001% people. Even if you could become an astronaut, you are basically just a glorified bus driver at this point in time; driving some second tier researchers to and from the dead-end ISS; not really any relevant science is done there anymore. Its fairly played out. However, I guess if you plan to be the first on Mars and if you are now <20yo there might be some merit. All other jobs are waste-of-time slave-tier.

Also if you still are stupid enough to want to waste your life in some office for somebody else's gain, what are you even gonna do with this money? Especially if you are American -- you just have to put the vast majority of that into insurance/pension savings. This is /fit/ what is the point of having some large money reserve sometime when you are 55+?

Anyway, there is no need in most parts of the world to even have a normal job anymore. With cheap rent you can have a fairly nice place and all the food you need + PC + TV + vacations even if you just work 2 days a week

Just face it, wasting your life in some office / doing manual work is super fucking outdated and not needed. Sure it is needed to keep society going as it is today, but it is not ACUTALLY needed. If people just stopped working we COULD make do with machines/AI in their place within less than 10 years if there was any real incentive.

2. Now this has a lot of merit and is where you should focus 99.9% of your time, find something you like to do and just do it. EVEN IF IT IS being a NEET (if that truly makes you happy).

Then again this board is 99% virgins and what they really want is a girl. If that is true for you the best way is to get some life experience: travel, do things you like, that you can tell grills about.
>>
>>40080085
you blew it.

if you want to be physical then be fucking physical

first date at the very least take her hand when walking; based on her reaction when you do you will know if/how much more she wants at that time (such as kissing when you say goodbye)

jesus guys, if you don't make it romantic/emotional/physical at all there is no way she will feel any of that towards you, so OF COURSE after three days of NOTHING she will know that she is not into you... played differently she would have been into you I guarantee it. It might still be possible, but right now she is most likely exploring other options
>>
hey guys i wanna start a business but i don't know where to start can any of you point in the right direction regarding things like economics, accounting, etc.

i just wanna read books so that'll help thanks
>>
>>40080421
i'm not used to pulling sober girls

either way you're right, i blew it. but i blew it multiple times and got another shot. at least you gave me an advice on what to do if i get another one again, so thanks asshole anon.
>>
File: 1461929058551.jpg (60KB, 872x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461929058551.jpg
60KB, 872x960px
>>40079252

Don't forget, each walk you go (and eventually run) we are all expecting you to do your best. Like you expect us to do our best.

Don't let us down.

We wont let you down.
>>
>>40080459
Google stuff man. I'm sure there's some succesful small buisness owners who all tell how they got started
>>
>>40080459
>have shit
>sell shit
simple really, shit can be anything, a skillset you have, or a product like food, keep on repeating this until you make much money and live rich forever.
>>
>>40080511
Well, it isn't necessarily that bad. In my experience, when the situation really is right, and the girl is actually a match for you, you will not even need to think about these things. Chances are that you are better off like this, even though by "playing" the game a bit more you could have probably fucked here or more; but my guess is nothing long-term would come from that. Depends on what you are looking for I guess.
>>
>>40080689
i dunno man, i liked her, we get along well, she's the hottest and most interesting girl i know thus far. i haven't exactly felt anything like that for any other girl so far. i'm just autistic. also i have a compulsion to make jokes and shit on the mood. happens to often in every aspect of my life.

at least i'm a s-sick c-cunt right brehs ?
>>
>>40080243
Where the fuck do you live where you can afford to live off 2 days a week of I assume minimum wage?
>>
>>40079252
Walking is good. Listen to podcasts or audio books while walking, you'll soon be walking 15km a day no problem
>>
>>40080243
Not everyone lives in Europe where they'll give free everything. Us in Burgerland have to actually work for money to survive
>>
>>40079219
How do you study history? I personally can't sit down and read for very long unless it's related to music or cooking (my passions). I do love history though it's something I do in school but if there is a more fun way to do it on my own time I'd love to hear it.
>>
I'm not the type of person to seriously read a lot of motivational shit, but one sentance in particular stuck with me.

Some dude who was in his late 20s complained about never finishing college and how he wanted to enroll now but felt like it was too late, how he'd be 33 when he'd receive a degree.

The other person responded with a simple 'You'll be 33 anyway'

Ever since I use this when making long term decisions.
>>
>>40080801
That hit deep senpai
>>
>had son
>wife is a piece of shit but whatever
>love my kid to death, fills me with joy everytime I see him
>decide that he deserves a better dad to look up to
>ask to join my coworkers, a marine and an army man, on their gym days.
>5'10" 275 back in September, barely benching 90 pounds
>Now, I've lost 20 pounds and can bench 240

Find something worth living for, anons.
>>
File: 330px-Byzantium.png (41KB, 330x220px) Image search: [Google]
330px-Byzantium.png
41KB, 330x220px
>>40080778
Try the Middle Ages. It's really a fun period as just a lot of crazy stuff happened as well as alot of strange politics. I've always been facisnated with War in particular and that's how I originally got into history. I liked reading about stategy and stuff if that's something you'd be interested in.

Otherwise I would recommend some historical Video games. I never really had much interest in the Middle Ages till I played it. Now I'm a huge Byzantophile and can wax poetic about some of the great leaders and conflicts of that age. If Video games would help you learn then I would go with Paradox games. They are expensive but fun and expansive. If not, the total war series might be another good place to look.
>>
File: good Europe map.jpg (627KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
good Europe map.jpg
627KB, 1920x1080px
>>40080878
and when I say I played it, I am referring to Crusader Kings 2
>>
>>40080778
Also, It may sound retarded, but Eyewitness books are good for beginning looks into a period
>>
My dad is moving, and asked me to come by his storage unit to see if there was anything I'd want for me and my gf's apartment.
I picked up my guns that he had been storing and some furniture, and I spotted his workout equipment.
About 400 pounds in plates, 2 dumbells, a curl bar, straight bar, 2 medicine balls and a few small heavy steel balls.

I've been steadily getting in worse shape since I quit racing motocross after an injury, and realized I weighed just short of 240lbs at 6 foot 2.
Instead of sulking, I looked up some strength training routines and am now in week 3 of 6-day a week working out, no soda/energy drinks and no fast food. I'm down to almost the 220's again, feel stronger, feel better and I think I will keep striving for more strength after I reach my goal weight as I have been told my multiple people that I have the frame to actually look very aesthetic.

I'm just taking my first steps, but I think I'm going to make it.
>>
I've gone 3 weeks without porn. I'm alot hornier randomly. I crave female attention much much more (through my girlfriend). My head feels a little clearer and I'm being more productive throughout the day now that I'm not watching porn everyday for 20+ minutes. I still miss it from time to time but I think I'll fap to pictures of my gf if I ever consider relapse.
>>
>>40079219
Here's some advice to some anons out there :

>don't make friends, don't count on the ones you have
>don't think that a girl will save you, she'll turn into a fucking whore after 6months of dating and become an annoying cunt
>read.books.all.the.time.
>meditate

Also here's some life story if it interests you
>be me
>been lifting for 2 years
>graduated high school and stopped
>got into programming
>easiest money of my life
>living with best friend
>shit happens and best friend kicks you out for some fat femanlet he met at an anime con
>gf leaves you the same week
>sort life out
>friend tells me that he's good at programming and asks me to help him with his own game
>do my part of the job, waiting for him to finish his
>2 months pass and l think that my life is finally getting better
>friend who wanted help with his game threatens to kill himself if l dont help finish and publish his shit game
>everyone guilt trips me into helping him even though l did my part of the job

I'm only 19 what the fuck man
>>
>>40082691
How about you get better friends? If you're good at programming you should be able to get a decent gig somewhere and live on your own. You're girlfriend was shit from the beginning and you didn't raise her so don't fault yourself. Let your friend kill himself. He's obviously just using you. Be a man and tell him to go ahead and do it. You aren't responsible for him, you're responsible for you yet you are letting these people have a firm hold on your life.

Your friends suck ass. I hope you have money saved up. Get out of there ASAP. These people aren't your friends they are your enemies
>>
I can talk with girls one on one no problem if it's a situation where we're not complete strangers, and I know how to sense if she\s interested and escalate from there if I feel like it, but what about starting engaging conversations with beautiful women in public? I don't go to social events because I hate them and Tinder is fucking stupid so strangers seem like the only other thing.
>>
>>40084145
I mean i depends. Are you just striking up random conversations? cause that might not work. Are you there for a specific, possibly shared, purpose? That could work.

And honestly your right about Tinder. Tinder is for Turbo chads anyway
>>
>>40084171
I'm too autism to even try striking up random conversations. For context I go to a community college with tons of QTs, but unfortunately none in my program (there is literally one female and she's obese) I have no social life outside of class and my housemates, which I refuse to fuck for obvious reasons.
>>
tfw got depressed, became a hermit after graduation, lost weight so much that pants dont fit anymore. Rejected from jobs I'm applying, feeling lost.

fuck me guys. I need to start exercising again but it feels like pulling teeth
>>
>>40080085
MOVE. ON. You blew it. Oh well. Shit doesn't work out sometimes.

There are MILLIONS of women out there that are insanely hot, kinda kinky, will open up to you, and are generally not a slut.

Stop giving a fuck and achieve your goals.
>>
>>40084570
Just do it. Teeth are pulled in a quick swift motion so that the worst part is over quickly.
>>
>>40080459
create a business plan where you can foresee how much revenue you'll take in, and how much expenses will be for the first few years

ask yourself if you need a loan
>>
>>40084736
man I tried lifting some free weights today, joints hurt way more, surprised me.

Hope my shit diet didn't mess me up too bad.
>>
>>40082691
how did you get into programming?
>>
>>40084924
Well hey, at least you lifted. Maybe lower your weights if the pain persists. But keep at it and fix that shit diet. I believe in ya homie.
>>
>>40084943
thanks mate, hoping to get some cardio in.
Auschwitz doesn't suit me and I know when I get going again, my spirits will lift even if my life situation doesn't. Cheers.
>>
Going to quit drinking and smoking. Wish me luck.
>>
>>40085055
dubs of truth. But seriously man, Best of luck leaving those vices/demons.
>>
>>40085055
Good job. Keep at it bro.
>>
Read this guy's site http://wallstreetplayboys.com
Important articles
http://wallstreetplayboys.com/the-real-guide-to-our-college-education-system/
http://wallstreetplayboys.com/1-million-10-years-zero-excuses/
http://wallstreetplayboys.com/book-introduction-efficiency/
>>
A big problem a lot of people have with self-development is that they're intimdated by people who seem more successful. An important stage in my development was realizing that everyone is a faggot. After spending a lot of time with some very successful people, I've realized that most of them are faggots who just sperged out and concentrated on some specialty for 15 years. If at first glance someone appears better than you, keep in mind that he is most likely just a faggot like everyone else.
>>
>>40079252
you can do it mate
>>
5'4" guy here

Will I make it, OP?
>>
>>40079219
>Been lifting for 5 months, got out of skelly mode and on my way to ottermode
>Still not lifting heavy but slowly and steadily progressing
>Engineering studies going pretty well
>Still playing the guitar and getting better
Concerning grills, I'm talking to this qt3.14 at my school at cigarette breaks in the morning (yes I know, smoking is fucking stupid and I'm a moron). I keep spaghetti spillage to a minimum and just talk about random shit with her. Asked her last week if she would like to have a drink with me sometimes and she said yes, it would be cool. However, I asked her yesterday if she was free on Friday or saturday evening. She was busy on friday and that she may be expecting a female friend to come on saturday but that she wasn't really counting on it and maybe I could drop by her flat. I'm kinda puzzled on this one, but I try to be cautious.
>>
>>40079219
This might sound odd, but do you have any advice on speaking clearly? It's something I've struggled with for ages. oh, and how does one learn discipline? I can't tell if i'm naturally a procrastinator or my ADHD is killing me
>>
>>40085672
Practice and speak slowly; take your time
>>
>>40085672
Think about your words before you say them. and what this >>40086162 anon said. Practice and speak more slowly. Don't speak turtle slow though
>>
>>40084224
Try just speaking to them. Even if you have to practice on the fat chick, do it. Practice helps as much as putting yourself out there.

Also if you do get any Qts in your class, just talk about the class your in before moving on to other subjects like her major or what she wants to do after graduation. Everyone in college gets those questions.
>>
File: 1419747179184.jpg (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1419747179184.jpg
1MB, 1920x1920px
>>40085230
If you don't let your height bother you, you will. My first love ever, my high school sweetheart, was taller than me (5'10) and always wished I was taller. I let that and alot of things she said get to me. But I learned to shake that shit off and move on. You got to accept yourself for who you are, despite whatever shortcomings you may feel. Cause not only will that shit eat you up inside, you'll waste precious time and energy on something you really can't change. Time and energy that could be used to better yourself or create something.

So go out there and live life man! don't worry about the things you can't change like your height and live for you! and then yes, You'll be able to make it.
>>
>>40085637
Don't push it too hard man. Show that your interested every now and then with a " hey so how about that drink?" If it gets to be too long of her putting you off then forget her and move on.
>>
>senior year studying comp sci
>passed my last exam I needed to be eligible for a master's
>went from skinnyfat to ottermode in about 5 months of training
>working on my own startup company for 11 months now with 2 other guys
>no income yet, still developing
>meanwhile taking second unpaid internship, hopefully I will get hired
>learning the language of this country I moved in when I have time a few hours a week
>learning chess better to play with my dad over skype
>no debts whatsoever
>everyone says what a good situation I have

>want to have money to buy a gaming rig (currently have a gtx 960 laptop which is meh)
>want to be a pro gamer/youtuber/twitch streamer
>>
23 y/o virgin here

Was sexually abused as a child which probably contributes towards my fear of getting laid, although I have a high sex drive I'm afraid I won't be able to perform/get hard

Got some viagra and planning to use it on some random tinder sloot.. then hopefully a lot of the anxiety will go away and I can actually fuck some of these other girls

Sex is on a really high pedestal for me right now. It's hanging over my head every day that I'm a 23 y.o virg

Do I just fuck some fat bitch for my first time?
>>
>>40088095
Honestly if you want. My first time having sex was super embarrassing. It's not that special the first time. What matters is finding someone you love to have sex with
>>
I need help, Anons. I'm mentally weak, I know, all these posts claiming genetics is everything, Chad just does everything you do but better - it really fucks me soul up. I can't stand the fact that someone is already "better" than me by default.

I feel like this is a very fucked up, psychologically unhealthy and hope to god unrealistic world view, but it still gets me.
>>
>>40088148
There's probably a 13 year old girl who benches more than you, if you try competing with everyone around the world you might as well kill yourself now.

I joke but when I was younger I had the same problem, after a while it just went away and I realized I'm not that big into competition.
If you can't get over seeing others do things better than you with less effort, use it as a motivator to do better and think that if you ever reach that level, it was all you and not the luck of the draw.
>>
>>40084924

been there done that, the pain goes away to never come back again after a week or two.If you're really sore and feel like not going, that means you did the excercises correct.Keep going mate, gains will replace the pain in due time.
>>
File: aly-raisman-body-issue-espn.jpg (117KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
aly-raisman-body-issue-espn.jpg
117KB, 900x600px
>>40088148
It is fucked up man. I use to run cross country 5ks in HS and I always hated that I lost to other people by such a large margin. even at 17:15, There were people running in the 16s and 15s. But I learned I need to focus on my self. You can't control other people. You can only control yourself. And since you can only control your self, you should try to be the best you can be. You'll even find that you'll be better than others once you train.
>>
>>40088216
>>40088209
What if I want to become a "great man"? Say, in the likes of Caesar, or Napoleon, but on a much more realistic and lower scale, of course. How can I achieve that without becoming obsessive with trying to top everyone I know?
>>
>>40088232
Like the normal self help shit, set goals for yourself. Train your body and mind. Lift and read. Become strong and learned. If you want to make a difference on a wide scale, run for political office. There's even this website that I'm going to use to help me run for eithier a state position, county or even Us one. (https://www.runforoffice.org/elected_offices_search?address=32224)

I'm only using political office as one example but set goals. You can be a great scientist or something like that too. But it require lots of work and practice. But if you're willing to put the time in and put yourself out there. You can succeed
>>
>>40088290
Thanks.

It's just that spending more time on this website than actual real life situations gave me a really delusional and shallow worldview. I really should stop listening to people online and start making my own worldview through real life observation and introspection.
>>
>>40088232
What Anon said for the most part, but in my opinion there's certain things you need to remember if you want to become ''truly great'' without relying 100% on luck. And I hope this is relevant to what you meant to say.

I for one don't care about playing with the big stakes in life and risking everything on opportunities, but if you want to reach a high level in the world you've got to be ready to take risks, play dirty and be smart about it. Of course this might lead into you ending up in an unmarked grave but that's part of the deal.
>>
>>40088332
>but if you want to reach a high level in the world you've got to be ready to take risks, play dirty and be smart about it. Of course this might lead into you ending up in an unmarked grave but that's part of the deal.

I've thought about those things, Anon, and I'm completely willing to take risks. It's better than not trying.
>>
>>40088327
Exactly man, I only come to /fit/ for workout advice mostly. If you want a really good worldview, put yourself out there. If you a Uni student, join some clubs or go volunteer. I actually met my current gf volunteering at my Uni's local organic garden and I'm not even a turbo hippy. I just volunteered there to try new things and meet new people.
>>
>>40088332
Also what this anon said is true. I always liked this SAS quote which was "Those who dare, win."
>>
>>40080421
Dont be too hard on him. Most guys have been brainwashed to think theyre rapists if they show any sexual interest in a woman.
>>
>>40079290
You do realize there are jobs that AREN'T minimum wage shitholes even at a starting level, right? Hell, there are minimum wage jobs that are pretty cushy. I had one job where I got to sit around for hours reading books and surfing the internet, lunch was provided, and I had to do was process people every few hours for like... 15 minutes. Stop thinking in black and white.
>>
>>40088818
He's probably just some /r9k/ shitposter
>>
>>40085185
Thanks for the advice, will keep in mind
>>
>>40079468
how do you meditate exactly? I heard it was trying to clear your mind completely is that right? and if so how do you do it
>>
>>40079586
If she walks away from you for any reason without inviting you to join her then do not follow her or continue to talk to her

If you follow her or try to engage her again you are being creepy.
>>
/lit/ and /a/ guy here, how do I go from /lit/ to /fit/? I'm around 72kg but I've been doing pushups and situps every night before bed. It's great since it has basically become part of my routine now.
>>
>>40080085

I don't think you blew it I just think you may need to do some damage control.

First off plan on not talking to her ever again, and start to move on.. if she texts you first, then you can start talking to her again but if you make plans and you do end up going out you better fucking hold her hand and kiss her and tell her she's got a nice sphincter or something, because without any sexual tension she's gonna think you're a lil noodle
>>
>>40082691
tell him to kill himself and then finish the game and publish it yourself
>>
>>40089178
Read the sticky and find a goal you want to achieve
>>
>>40079252
keep it up man everyones gotta start somewhere
>>
>>40089118
Can someone post that infographic about how to meditate
>>
what are gokus pants made out of? i want to make a pair
>>
>>40089317
I imagine orange cloth
>>
>>40089469
i know that, but what kind of cloth
>>
>>40089568
GOogle it
>>
File: 1484881104636.png (593KB, 580x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1484881104636.png
593KB, 580x1223px
My life is kinda fucked right now. I'm a 23yo kv, I only have $500 in the bank right now which is enough for one more month's rent, I've never been to college, and the only skill I have is making shitty websites for small businesses. I don't have a job and am just freelancing right now but it's insanely hard to find new clients and the ones I have currently I'm absolute shit at, I'm always missing deadlines, etc. because I can't get motivated to do anything. So I'm basically fucked right now. If I run out of money I'm not going to be homeless or anything, at least I have some good family around so worst case scenario my grandma or uncle could at least put me up for a little while but that would be humiliating. At least when I finish with the clients I have right now I will have around +$1,000 so I can survive for another month.

I'm basically wasting my life by watching Youtube and anime and browsing 4chan all day. Basically the one thing I'm disciplined at right now is going to the gym which is good at least. I want to quit anime, internet, and start a bunch of good habits like meditation, nofap, maybe cold showers, but I always just do that for a week or so and then fall out of them.

Long-term I want to study a lot more web development because I hate designing shitty small websites, I want to get a job on something big like programming for a startup and get the fuck out of where I live right now. So I'm starting to pick up a bunch of new coding languages and make a bunch of practice projects (e.g. 4chan clone, stuff like that) and go through a bunch of CompSci books. I'm stupid as fuck but hopefully I can discipline myself enough to keep at it and get smart.

Anybody wanna be accountability partners? I used to have a guy from /r/eddit as an accountability guy but that was a long time ago. That would be cool and I could help you stay on track too with your goals

inb4 nice blogpost
>>
How do I stop being guilty over everything?
>>
>>40090062
Work on it. I feel the same way. Accept that sometimes thing are beyond your control. If you feel guilty for something you can control like not completing something then stop being a little bitch
>>
I've been doing Brosplits for almost a year and I cut to 17% bodyfat measured with tape anyways I look like shit still and switched to stronglifts 5x5 will I finally make it next year this time?

I've prob gone back up to 23% bodyfat now haven't measured lately but I've just felt like a failure and a tool
>>
File: 1481981919634.jpg (19KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1481981919634.jpg
19KB, 340x340px
Auschwitz mode minimum wage cuck here.
Recently decided I didn't wanna look like a skeleton fuckboy and have been studying routines, diets, and what not(yes I've read the sticky, several times)

at the moment I've only been doing bodyweight stuff just to get my skeletor body into the habit of moving and soon will be attending the gym.

I've decided to follow ss at first and maybe a few months down the line develop my own routine depending on what I want to workout.

How do I not embarrass myself on my first day?
What are some things I should avoid doing first?
>>
>>40090509
I was Auschwitz mode and broke 3 years ago and started with bodyweight stuff and eating more food. After a year and a half I was straight otter just doing the usual stuff. A pull-up bar is all you need. And an ab roller, shit's not a meme.

If you're minimum wage mode, go extra hard on the bodyweight stuff and save gym membership money to buy real clean food.
>>
File: 669911.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
669911.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>40079252
Power on
>>
>>40090019

Man, let's do this. Be an accountability bro.
>>
>>40089188
ok dubs, will do. unfortunately i like her so i'm bound to hit her up myself sometime this week, maybe now.
>>
>>40079219
>tfw really critical extrovert
>tfw have a lot of acquaintances that I never really talk to outside of the times I come in contact with them in person at random moments
>tfw all of my good friends that were perfect fits for me are starting to drift away
>tfw starting to feel extremely lonely as I see my entire social circle slip away from me right before my eyes
What the fuck am I supposed to do. All of my childhood friends and people that I've made really good friends with in the past 5 years are all of the sudden starting to leave away from me. I don't even have a real friend anymore.
>>
>>40080778
>>40080936
Some of the 'pop' history books help. Reading about how many thalers the Prussian king paid to his lords isn't interesting anymore than the US debit ceiling is interesting. I'm majoring in History so I understand the struggle. Try this book.
>>
Should I keto?
>>
>>40089118
There's different ways to do it, but rather than trying to clear your mind, initially you should simply be observing your mind as it happens. Taking on an observer perspective seperates you from your mind and allows you to gain more insight into it, rather than being dragged along by this thought or that one. Try to think of your thoughts simply as clouds passing through your mind, rather than thoughts being the mind itself.
Just sit down in a comfortable position, back straight so you don't become sleepy. Become aware of your body, your breathing, which focuses your mind on the here and now. Notice how your body becomes more relaxed when you don't get carried away by thought, and notice how being relaxed makes you less likely to get carried away by your thoughts. Every time you notice you've become caught up in thought, don't reprimand yourself for it but gently bring yourself back to that state of awareness. Think of it as catching that sneaky old monkey playing tricks on you again, rather than mentally punishing yourself. You want positive associations with this practice. It shouldn't feel like a chore.
Initially, you may get frustrated with how spastic and overactive your mind seems to be. Think of this as you simply becoming AWARE of how spastic and overactive your mind actually is. With practice, you will actually be able to clear your mind, and keep it clear.
>>
>>40091230
Hell yeah man, you have a kik or something?
>>
File: 1478130050338.jpg (99KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1478130050338.jpg
99KB, 1280x853px
>>40090509
SS is good man, just concentrate on getting good form, watch a lot of form videos, try to eat healthier too, that shit helps a lot. if eating more is tough just gomad, it's pretty lazy but its a good way of gettin more calories. bodyweight is good to get into the habit, that's what I did before I lifted, but lifting is way better

There's basically no way to not embarrass yourself on the first day, on my first day I was benching the bar and doing all kinds of autistic shit. just realize nobody really cares about you and things get a lot easier as you go on

avoid falling for all the memes, don't constantly be switching programs just because somebody memes you, don't expect to see any major progress for a very long time, just have fun going to the gym and feelin good

you're gonna make it bro
>>
>>40079397
ayy thanks anon, that made me smile

Got uni starting next month and i am feeling extremely fucking nervous about it

I'm sure i'll study hard but it's just the general "oh god what if i fail" paranoia
>>
What I've done to improve myself:
> Started seeing a therapist late last year
> Started lifting
> Playing video games less
> Dedicated more time to music (piano / guitar)

What I want to achieve:
> To practice and become more disciplined
> To get excellent results in my exams
> To become more sociable
> Get a new hobby (e.g. learning about history)
>>
>>40090019

Lol, I just graduated from college with a B.S. in C.S. and my life is super similar to yours right now. I have rent and a couple weeks left of cash unless I go into desperation mode with my food.

Anyways, I'm starting a restaurant job this week. I thought I'd get a much better paid job in my field, but eh it doesn't really change my goals: save up some money and move to a more relevant place in a year and a half.

I've been unemployed for about a month and a half now, and it's rough. I'd say just get a normal job; you will probably work on your goals a lot better with some structure. Practice web development in your spare time. Don't "study" it, just start doing things, working along with tutorials if you don't have any ideas. Maybe save up to go to one of those web dev boot camps; if you find one that doesn't suck you'll usually end up getting a job through the connections you make there is what I've heard.
>>
A girl I'm interested in has invited me out ~10+ times for drinks/trips etc but I never really took it as an advance on me...

I asked her for a drink and she dismissed it as a joke/I had an ulterior motive

Should I pursue her? We work together in an extremely infrequent basis
>>
File: 1368671245046.jpg (76KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
1368671245046.jpg
76KB, 500x619px
just finished cleaning my apartment. Threw a lot of unnecesary shit, organized my books, clothes, uni things, cleaned the refrigerator.

Then I talked to two guys in my chem lab group and invited them over to study tomorrow at my place, and they agreed. I'll have food and some beers ready to offer after we are done and chill.

We are all going to make it bros, keep yourself motivated with things to improve everyday
>>
>>40079390
blacksmithing is fun but it requires a good amount of tools to get it done right. I'm also learning a language and it's going really well; I want to learn 4 languages by 2 - 3 years
>>
>>40093484

When do they fuck you
>>
>>40079465
Wow today op was not a fag.
>>
>>40082691
Are you making good money by programming? If so how?
>>
>>40091587
keto is a meme. Just eat less calories you tard
>>
>>40090019

I-I could be your partner
>>
>>40079828
That's actually good advice.

If your hobbies are theatre, music and you got a band or bachata dancing, girls will be very interested soon as you mention them. If your hobby is fucking Warhammer 40k, that gets you no points. The girl has to be into you already for that shit to fly.
>>
>>40093308
yeah man I am looking at getting a normal job at the moment. I may try to get my job back at a fast food place I quit last year, which would be awful because I hated it there. but at least they like me there, I was a shift manager.

with web dev you're right, I'm wanting to build a bunch of projects and build up a portfolio instead of just 'studying' it. a boot camp would be fucking awesome and having that under my belt would be a lot better for employers as I have no college degree. but I already know most of the fundamentals, I just need a lot more practice. and I don't know how much that would cost but I have always been good at saving when I'm actually making money and I might be able to get a loan from my parents or something.

good luck to you man, we're gonna make it.
>>
I don't know how to self improve. I have been a loser for basically my entire life.

I haven't had friends since I was 13. No friends has caused every problem in my life.

Not having friends meant I never met girls

Not getting girls or having friends meant I became isolated

Becoming isolated meant I became lonely, miserable, bitter through high school

Being miserable and isolated in high school meant I didn't learn how to interact socially with peers

Not learning how to interact with peers carried over into college so i basically had the same existence there

All the isolation, misery, loneliness, etc, meant I had nothing to work towards, so no motivation

No motivation meant I stayed a manlet and holocaust mode and didn't do great in college because studying is difficult when you have no motivation and nothing to strive for

Graduate college, move back home, work shit job because I don't see the point in trying grad school, terrible relationship with parents (they are assholes, I'm an asshole, so we all barely even talk to each other, only child)

Now a 25 year old kissless friendless shut-in (besides work) who has never even attempted to get a girl and now I'm scared to not only try to get a girl, but even friends, because everyone has always hated me so I don't want to burden others with my presence.
>>
>>40093760
Go back to school, join a club. Start lifting and getting in shape. Put yourself in uncomfortable social situations so your forced to interact. You don't have to party every night or something like that. Just put yourself out there and find a way to improve! The first day of the rest of your life is tomorrow. Never too late to remake yourself anon
>>
>>40085672
If you are still here, try reading out loud. It's a good way to refine pronunciation too.
>>
>>40079252
The hardest part is doing every day. You can do this, anon.
>>
I have a dual problem of preferring to be alone as much as possible and being easily bored by new hobbies. How do I get better at staying with something long enough to make it consistent?
>>
>>40088327
You'll feel better if you get outside and meet more people.
A few of my professors are fantastic in their field but if you ask how their undergrad went they will tell you they had some C's and D's and maybe weren't so great at their chosen field for years.
I pick up on stuff very easily and would probably outperform these men when there we in undergrad but the way their minds work now obviously trump mine, genetics can play into a lot of things, but honestly if you aren't looking to be a model or a star athlete you can do pretty much anything senpai.
>>
>>40079219
>keep getting matches with qts on tinder

>talk to a bunch of them for up to a day or two

>try to arrange a date with food

>get flaked on everytime

why bros
>>
>>40094239
Tinder is literally the worst fucking way ever to meet girls. It only works if your a turbo chad. Meet girls in real life. Only use Tinder to practice getting numbers from girls.
>>
>>40094420
i dunno i browse reddit's tinder board and they have a lot of success on there
>>
1. I work as a low level bureaucrat in the Canadian federal government. I make about $52k salary, and I'm saving money to finish a masters degree that I started but ran out of funding for.
2. I read, a lot. 2-3 books a week. I also play board games, nerdy kind but also the social kind, not Monopoly and Risk and shit like that. I don't play board games as often as I did when I was in high school.

I'm also fit and young and handsome and have my own (piece of shit but fully paid off) car and a girlfriend.
>>
>>40093760
Come up with a goal outside of socializing. Most goals will require incidental socializing, and even if they don't, accomplishing something improves your outlook and makes you more confident, and therefore more likely to tackle another goal.
>>
>>40094504
I used to browse there too and I still had no success. Any girl I've slept with I met in real life first.
>>
File: 1482595303562.jpg (13KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482595303562.jpg
13KB, 300x360px
I will hit on a girl before the month ends
>>
>>40094504
that board is a massive marketing scheme tbdesu
>>
>>40094588
how so?

i just like going on there and shitting on the guys who use it and see how mad they get. its pretty funny

>>40094568
i mean, it isnt like browsing there gives you any success
>>
>>40094612
True but it gets you into a mindset that using Tinder can
>>
>>40094612
some of the posts are genuine but there are a lot of "too good to be true" stories around.

I noticed because everytime I took a break from tinder I'd end up reading one of those posts and say "I can do that shit, I'm more clever than that"
>>
>>40094585
The way i started to talk to girls was to talk to them but in my mind i knew i had no chance so i never kept my hopes up so i wouldnt be dissapointed if i was turned down also i never took em on a date i just told em i will come over to figure what were going to do and if she really shows signs she likes me i go for the kiss and fake it. ever since then i lost my virginity and not a kissless virgin and i gained more confidence and realized i wasnt as ugly as i thought
>>
How do i move out of my house because my mom is a chirstian bitch that would not even let me out past 10pm because i might be doing drugs in the streets or something
>20
>dunkin donuts job part time
>go to uni
>>
>>40094631
>>40094640
but i mean, the majority of posts on there are just making a stupid pun with someone's name. i doubt that even 10% of the things that hit the top of that sub actually result in meeting, it's just to do a quick pun and screencap it for karma

the funny thing is that they have two weekly threads that have any substance: a "profile review" thread and a "story time" thread.

the story time thread usually is only 100-200 replies, and of that, only about 20-30 are actual stories (the rest are just comments saying "that sucks" or "good job man!") and the ones for guys are usually talking about dates going nowhere, while the few girls who make stories its always sex

but the profile review threads have like 700-1000 replies of sad guys

tinder as a whole is pretty cancerous
>>
I just finished DBZ and want to be more like Goku in every possible way.

Mostly in the way I talk with people / act towards people (positive, cheery idsposition) and looks tbqh.

I feel like this is really shallow and kinda stupid and cringey but ultimately good.

>>40079219
>>
>>40094697
>cringey (check)
One thing i learned never be too friendly with people you might become vulnerable
>>
2 months ago I was so fucking demotivated. I didn't want to do shit to better myself. I started seeing people recommending SL5x5 on places like Reddit. Looked easy and simple, great app to keep me with my progress. But man was it so boring. 3 days a week doing the same shit, just going up 5lbs at a time? After 6 - 7 weeks of SL5x5, I've decided I've given it up.

I want to do a program similar to pic related, ripped it off another 4chan post here. Does it look good for a well rounded body? My aim is a bit of strength but mostly hypertrophy gains.
>>
>>40094585
Go to McDonald's and hit on the girl serving you food.
>>
>>40094742
>back when i was in college i went to the campus food court once with a friend
>it was taco bell and they had just come out with that doritos taco
>it was supposed to be a dollar and they were charging like $1.50 for it (i guess a private campus food company owned the taco bell spot so they could charge whatever)
>joked around with the cute girl at the register about it, not trying to flirt, just like about how it was false advertising and that i would sue the company, she's laughing "but then i wont have a job", i said something else, she keeps laughing, etc
>get food and leave
>friend who was off to the side was like "dude you were smooth as fuck with her, damn how did you do that so easily?"

im so autistic that i still remember this like 4 years later. i literally cannot even fathom how i could have transitioned that into getting her number

and here i sit a 25 year old virgin
>>
>>40094807
Literally all you needed to say is "Hey I had a lot of fun talking with you now, can I get your number?"
>>
>>40094851
but i didnt even think about asking for the number or even care, it didnt cross my mind. i just saw it as "oh i made a few jokes waiting for my order"

the way my friend reacted afterwards made it seem like i should have
>>
>>40094873
Well You should be thinking about that type of stuff if you want to get laid
>>
File: fat_crying_pepe.png (330KB, 635x515px) Image search: [Google]
fat_crying_pepe.png
330KB, 635x515px
>start lifing 3 months ago
>making slow but steady gains
>gf has gym membership too
>she likes to work out with me but rarely wants to go
>"Anon, let's go to the gym after work tonight"
>she get's home 10pm or later
>"Oh anon, it's late, just wait until tomorrow and we can go together!"
>do this every night
>keep agreeing and only get a workout like once a week

My own fault, but feels like she doesn't care about the gym at all
>>
>>40079397
Anon that picture, where did you find it?
>>
>>40095025
Who says you can't go twice? Go with the intention of her not going. then in the off chance she wants to go when she gets home, boom you get to hit the iron church twice that day
>>
>>40095025

Go by yourself, fuck, tell her not to worry about going if she doesn't care.
>>
>>40095025
just go on ur own and do a real workout then go with her and do whatever dumb shit shes gonna do

she'll love it
>>
File: A_Study_of_History.jpg (26KB, 220x339px) Image search: [Google]
A_Study_of_History.jpg
26KB, 220x339px
>>40080778
How else but through reading? You have focus problems?
>>
>>40080085

You blew it. At this point even if she does talk to you again you'll likely never be more than a friend. You need to stop being such a pussy and be clear with your intentions from the start. If you're trying to date her, act like it. Flirt with her, find an excuse to initiate physical contact, that kinda shit. Even if she was interested in you, if you don't put forth any effort she'll lose interest.
>>
>>40080085
Give it a shot if you want, but don't be let down if it doesn't work

Nice digits though
>80085
>>
>>40095072
What this guy said >>40095025

I work out sometimes with my gf but alot of times It's just me
>>
>>40088216

How do I stop myself from constantly masturbating to Aly Raisman?
>>
>>40095182
That's the only question I can't answer. Jewfu is bestfu and I'm in love
>>
>>40094713
Looks pretty good man. I'd just add some running
>>
>>40094585
Do it man, you got nothing to lose! It'll even make you feel better just by doing it.
>>
>>40082691
NAME GAME
>>
>>40082691
Let him die man
>>
>>40079219
I'm gonna give up on the snatch. Never planned on doing competitions and I can't even snatch close to what I OHP.

Not fit related but I haven't been reading at all lately. Last year I read nearly a book a week, this year I feel like I've done the opposite of having resolutions and started falling into bad habits...
>>
>>40095045
The picture is from All Star Superman
>>
super skinny guy here, just wanna ask a question.

if i focus on dieting and bulking but have little exercise at all what will happen? will i just basically be skinny with a disproportional big belly? or will i be able to go thicker (but not necessary muscular, i really just wanna get wider and bigger)
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 518x3648px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 518x3648px
>>40089305
Gotcha
>>
>>40096383
>>40089118
Aww shit forgot to tag this post.
>>
>>40095830
Ya, you'll basically get fat
>>
>>40079555
>mfw everybody, literally everybody you know and in your age bracket is getting a degree and you decided to drop out because of adhd and losing 1 years after starting one year late
I'll always look like a failure to anybody in the 10 minutes of conversation, the moment we get to "what did you major in?....oh...really"
>>
>>40079219
REMINDER

duck out if the compromises make you miserable. duck out if you get miserable. duck out if it just makes you uncomfortable.

the goal is not to force a relationship to keep going. its to find a relationship worth keeping.

there is literally no benefit to frankensteining a relationship other than possibly sex, but you're better off withotu it if it isn't working.

emjoy the relationship for as long as you can. and if it goes south, leave, cuz all you're doing is preventing yourself from finding the good one that might last.

lasting isn't the point, it isn't the goal.

And yeah you have to take the risk of making a high stakes deal with a potentially very unstable person, plus people change. That's life, you can't play all of it safe.

If you're worried about hurting someone, DON'T, because that pain and shame will pass faster than you think but the pain of regret lasts the rest of your life!
>>
>>40097567
You should of shaked those feelings back then. But it's not too late for you anon, it never is. Go back to school, or go to trade school. Learn a good skill that will make you money. But you can't feel like a loser. I'm graduating a whole year later than my HS peers because I failed a few classes but I DID NOT let that stop me from trying to push through.
>>
>>40079219
>>2. have a hobby.
>This means one that isn't lifting.

Does studying sports science/physical training count? It's obviously very related to lifting, and the reason I got interested in it is because I wanted to be more knowledgable about lifting.

If I really focused for a couple weeks I'd probably be able to pass the certification for personal training. Not that I really would, from what I understand it's a pretty shitty job.
>>
>>40093400
If she's asked you that many times, she's definitely interested lmao.

It depends if you actually /want/ to pursue her. If you're willing to put in the time and effort, then go ahead. It's obvious that she shows an interest, so it's up to you now.
>>
I quit smoking.

It's so fucking strange. I smoked for about 6 years, last 2 years I smoked a pack a day or more. I've quit for a month and a half now, and life is seriously so much better. Like I can't even understand why I smoked so fucking much and for so long. I've had some pretty bad cravings the first few weeks, but now I'm pretty much ok. Really proud to say I havent even had a drag of a cig in a month and a half. Life is much better.

Gainz arent going as well as I'd hoped and I think I'm gaining more fat than muscle, but I'm working on it.
>>
>>40085637
Drop by her flat and smash
>>
>>40093691
you have a kik or something anon? that would be great
>>
>>40082298
same here bro, almost 3 weeks for me. last jerk fest was on january 2nd. feeling a bit more confident and alert/less brainfog and so on. nothing crazy but its nice and i think it will only get better further along.

i have had sex (with orgasm) with my gf about 7-8 times during this period. noticing my erections are improving a little each time and her touch starts to feel better.

another thing is, on most days, my flaccid dick has been noticably bigger. i like dat
>>
>>40085185
Thanks faggot
>>
>>40098264
good fucking shit, keep it up and remember that being consistent is fucking key
>>
im at about 230 pounds now at 25% bodyfat estimate. how many pounds of fat do i need to lose in order to get to 13% if my lean body mass stays the same?

another cut related question, will my 4 day push/pull power/hypertrophy program + 2 cardio days a week be too much on a cut? i plan on going easy the first few weeks, eating at maintenance the first one or two (been bulking for almost a year).
>>
>>40079252
You got this bro
>>
File: feel.goggles.png (224KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
feel.goggles.png
224KB, 722x349px
>>40097693
I cant go back, I will find the problems that made me lose 2 years there waiting for me.
I booked a CCNA course and plan on getting a couple of certifications.
but with my luck not enough people will enroll in the course and it wont take even place
I will be 23 next week.
If I got into CS uni as soon as I graduated highschool I could have graduated last july, instead I did one year of business school, switched to cs and lost a year, did a year and then completely failed the second
It was the subject I love, I love tech and computers, but my adhd completely ruined me, another dream down the shitter
My life has always been shit and it will always be
It's incredible when I look at people I know and see how they go through life without ever experiencing anything anywhere close to the dread and unluckiness that I did and do everyday, all the happyness they were just handed because of atoms colliding a certain way instead of another
>>
>>40099119
>1st question

Did you take middle school math? 25% of 230 is 57.5. 230 - 57.5 = 172.5 lbs of lean mass. 172.5 + 13%*X = X. 172.5 = 87%*X. X, the total body mass at the end, is 198 lbs, so you have to lose 32 lbs of fat.
>>
>>40079252
It's not the habit itself that's hard; it's adapting to new habits. Once you've been walking for awhile, it'll feel normal to you; you won't even be troubled by it.

It's good of u
>>
>>40082691
People who use suicide as a negotiation tactic, never intended on actually an hero-ing. It's just a negotiation tactic.

Finish the game, publish it in YOUR name (after all, you did the 1st half and the 2nd half), and dip the fuck out of that crazy hell hole and find a new roommate.
>>
>>40079219
Should I learn how to play the cello (aka the most amazing sounding instrument ever)
>>
>>40097567
I dropped out of college two years in, worked my ass off in various jobs in my field and now I'm more successful in my career than my friends who did get their degree.

I won't say college is a meme but not having a degree doesn't make you a failure.
>>
When looking back at 2016, I personally grew hard.
I was shit with girls and I just thought: Do it a lot and you will get better at it.
Installed Tinder and tried to get as many dates with different girls as possible.
I was getting closer and closer to getting a girlfriend, but the last girl was fucking around with me. because she was insecure as fuck.
Deinstalled tinder, and a thought hit me.
I wasn't that scared anymore with talking to girl or did I gave any fucks that a girl rejects me. My confidence went up the roof.

last month I talked to a girl from school and we hit off very well. After a couple of dates, she became my girlfriend.

I suggest for most of the people to just.. try.
Failing isn't scary, rejections aren't scary.
You won't die of them.
>>
>>40079219
Some things I've done that have helped me a lot and might help people like me:

1). If you are in the shy/introvert/no friends boat, look at your resting facial expression in the mirror. Does it look approachable? Or would you assume someone else with the same expression doesn't want to talk? Don't go around grinning all the time, but try to look like you are someone who is easy to talk to.

2). Make sure people know you enjoy speaking to them. Ask questions, make sure you really listen and at least act like you care about the answers. People like talking about themselves, and people like other people who think they are interesting. Mirror their tone of voice and body language. Again, stay in the middle ground. You don't want to play Simon-says with them, you just want to appear to have the same feelings as them throughout the conversation.

3). Before you try to find a woman to date, become friends with a few women. It sounds like stupid mind game stuff, but women are attracted to men who have the approval of other women. A woman who sees other women enjoying your company will feel a small, healthy amount of jealousy and be more likely to want to be with you. It will also help keep you on the same level in a relationship. If you know some women other than the one you're dating, it won't be the end of the world for you if you break up, which makes you less dependent on that relationship.
>>
>>40093760
Pretty much exactly me but i have loving parents. 26 kissless virgin and i have buddies i workout with but other than training i get out of the house maybe once every two month. I am now at a point were i am to afraid to speak to girls because i am to afraid that while we speak relationships or sex could come up. And i don't want to talk about this stuff with people because i have the experience of a 12 year old.
>>
File: 1457598972366.jpg (77KB, 563x491px) Image search: [Google]
1457598972366.jpg
77KB, 563x491px
Pls dont bully me mates

I have a weed problem. I've been smoking almost daily for three years and I'm having a lot of trouble quitting. I quit cigarettes easier than this.

It's so hard to come home from work and not have a big green bowl to wind me down and kill my anxiety. It's such a basic routine for me it's so hard for me to imagine spending my spare time sober, especially because im so depressed all the time.

How do I find a good hobby? What are some of your hobbies?
>>
>>40101651
Well man I think weed makes u more depress you just get high to get away from things and not face em head on
I went from smoking 1 oz every 3ish day to not smoking at all.
The first month is hell because you need to smoke but when you start sobering up you need to basically find another hobby basically that doesnt involve smoking weed. I drink but not like wasted drunk i just take a couple shots and just relax. I'm on the way of quitting drinking too
I would recommend watching some gucci mane interviews listening to him talking about being sober makes it seem not that bad.
>>
>>40101683
i watched the interview
thanks anon it helped
>>
>>40101809
ur welcome
>>
>>40101651
Try some amino acids like GABA, 5-htp, L-tyrosine, DL-Phenylalaline.

Research that shit. It may really help you if the root causes of your "addiction" are neurotransmitter deficiencies.
>>
>>40079257
The reason why you don't have a g2g is because you probably don't try
>>
>>40079290
I wouldn't want to be a neet because then I'd end up like you
>>
>>40080085
Move on. Tbh, your best (only) chance at something happening is by not giving a fuck.
>>
>>40089118
Download an app called Headspace

10 days of 10 minute guided exercises (free). Afterwards you'll know enough to do it solo
>>
Where I'm at rn

>Have about 13% or 14% bf
>Getting above ottermode after years of being stuck there
>Only 8 hours left until I graduate from Uni with a bachelors in mechanical engineering
>Go outdoor climbing, whitewater kayaking, or skiing nearly every weekend
>Still don't have a gf, but hopefully that will change soon

We're all going to make it breh's
>>
>>40079390
Get an outdoor hobby, like backpacking or rock climbing. While there aren't as many women as men in this, nearly all the chicks are hot. It's a great way to meet women or impress normies.
>>
>>40080243
Think of it this way, if you aren't part of that top percentage of people, you are still helping drive humanity forward, just much slower. You're helping preserve and pass on the knowledge we do have, and enabling those top people that do push humanity forward, That is, unless you're a minimum wage slave. Then, you're practically useless.
>>
>>40104002
This. There wouldn't be any scientists or researchers if there weren't 100x as many other people doing work that makes society and infrastructure possible in the first place.
>>
>>40082298
tfw masturbated 3 times today to some pretty sickening shit
>>
>>40089220
>brutal
But genius
>>
>>40079219
Motivate yourself with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG6hQzI_wxU
>>
How do I adjust my pick up game to attract chicks of a certain type?
>>
got jack in the confidence department, idk why, I mean even when I exercise and stuff and I think that I'm starting to look ok, nothing works. I dont have any faith in myself and whatnot.
Any help out there anons?
>>
>>40105945
if you have to ask you probably can't do it
>>
File: milk.jpg (570KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
milk.jpg
570KB, 1800x1200px
>>40079219
What type of drinks should i be aiming at
if i'm looking to get BIG
>>
>>40085672
Are you me?
I have the same 2 problems.
I talk too fast and not clearly at all.
I am also very lazy sometimes and dont do work.
>>
I'm in university but I might join the force because debt literally drives me to want to shoot myself And because of affirmative action plans combined with minimum wage, being a 21 year-old white colored (I'm literally islander and aboriginal) male I'm unemployable.
Also how do you fix poor face genes. My eyes are sunken as Fuck and my jawline is mediocre. I can grow a long beard and hair but the sunken eyes literally get me called out for looking like a creep
>>
>>40089178
get a homegym for 1 year worth of gym subscription costs. bench, pullup bar, squat rack, ab roller, barbell and some weights.

bodyweight will not get you very far and its harder to get past the initial resistance.
>>
>>40108255
How much to you sleep? Sunken eyes are a symptom of little to no sleep
>>
>>40109197
8-9 hours always have and always will
>>
>>40090019
join the military
>>
>>40109271
Then I mean try make up if you have too. Otherwise work on your game with girls.
>>
>>40108591
While I agree a homegym is the way to go, and have one myself, a decent one will cost way more than a year of gym subscriptions. Just the weights to go up to 4pl8 will be more than $300 if you find cheap ones off a shady craigslist seller. Then theres a bench, rack, barbell, mats for the floor, weight tree if you want to be fancy, etc. Mine ended up being ~$1700
>>
>>40094697
>just the weights to go up to 4pl8
what you think someone from /lit/ would call "fit". does he really need so many weights to get anywhere?

>Mine ended up being ~$1700
mine ended somewhere between 1-2 years worth of gym costs its totally worth for me compared to not working out at all (ill certainly not go to the gym).
>>
File: 1485005100057.jpg (32KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1485005100057.jpg
32KB, 498x498px
>>40079219
I'm am about to do important exams in about 4 months please help me
>>
>>40109641
Study and stop shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>40109277
Fuck no. Anon wants to improve his life, not have no control over it.

Tired of this meme. Will guarantee you were never in the military as well

t. Former Chair Force intel fag
>>
>>40079290
>Being NEET is the ideal state.Working for Sheklestein 45 hours a week for min wage isn't going to make you happy, and it will barely make you more attractive to women.
You have a wrong outlook on this. You're not working a shit job to be more attractive or happy. You're working to have resources to IMPROVE. Once you accumulate enough to work on whatever step you need to be on you move on to that.

Being a NEET fixes you in a non-productive state on no improvement for the rest of your life. Might as well off yourself for wasting air.
>>
I need some advice for how to get side cash bros, currently a student and the job market in my area is really bad, unskilled minwage slavery is very competitive. What are some things I can do to make dosh?
>>
>>40109800
My cousin just told me about selling blood plasma the other day. He said you can get like 400 for the first month and still a couple hundred a month if you do it regularly.

I'm honestly gonna do it sometime
>>
>>40109708
better than being a poorfag wagecuck who's about to be homeless as stated in the op.

If you don't make at least double the minimum wage, military is still better.
>>
We will all make it brahs
>>
>>40094712
>In the ring, our opponents can gouge us with their nails or butt us with their heads and leave a bruise, but we don’t denounce them for it or get upset with them or regard them from then on as violent types. We just keep an eye on them after that. Not out of hatred or suspicion. Just keeping a friendly distance. We need to do that in other areas. We need to excuse what our sparring partners do, and just keep our distance—without suspicion or hatred.

You should be friendly, but be wary at the same time.
>>
>>40098264
You'll get there soon dude.
Keep it up.
>>
My mind is coming up with excuses for not talking to girls in my classes. I am currently 5'11 157 13%bf. I keep telling myself once I can bench 2pl8 then girls will be easy mode.
>>
>>40110407
Talking to girls will be easier when you practice talking to them. Lifting ins't going to cure your autism. But practicing your social skills will.
>>
>>40079219
DRINK WATER
This cannot be overstated enough - every single nutritional transfer in our bodies needs water.
SLEEP
Living and moving takes a hard toll on your body and sleep is the only time that bodies regenerate.
>>
File: 1432099884882.jpg (93KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1432099884882.jpg
93KB, 640x640px
>>40079290
>I wouldn't advise people to get a job
jobs are great places to learn skills.
If you don't know how to fix your car, go work for a garage for a few months. Throw some podcasts on your phone and you can continue to learn while you learn for extra learning.
>>
>>40106004
i got this feeling to. i feel lost when i know im better than that. i fucked up with this girl she was all over me and i didnt have the balls to even hold her hand. we went on a couple of dates and i did kiss her only once. i learn that you need to touch her more to show you interested in her. talk es and show more. i got a room at the end of the month. i will contact her dont care if she rejects me again atleast i tryed
>>
>>40079219
My two main hobbys are video games and lifting and girls don't give a fuck. Just be interesting and know how to engage in a conversation idiot it's not that hard
>>
>>40110783
This is 4 chan. I wrote this advice for autists who can't talk to women well
>>
>>40107701
what kinda bullshit answer is that
>>
>>40079390
i'd recommend learning a bit more than basic coding, their really isn't much you can do with a basic understanding of any language either for fun or for working.
>>
>>40080153
best advice you can give (not even being sarcastically)
>>
I'm in my 30s.
Is it too late to improve? I got nothing going for me and am close to ending it.
>>
>>40112593
there is never too late
>>
Currently on a diet. Haven't drank soda or put creamer in my coffee (Which I prefer anyway) for a week now. Have been crazy depressed for years, recently dealing with schizophrenic symptoms on top of that. Hoping after I lose more weight from dieting I can get into meditation, make myself go on walks regularly enough to start jogging, and then do a BW routine. I'm hoping if I can improve my depression through those things, I can gradually come off my meds, do some shrooms, and catch back up in life.
>>
File: 1399233459149.png (14KB, 399x391px) Image search: [Google]
1399233459149.png
14KB, 399x391px
scrub here
I wanna start exercising, mainly cardio lots of running, because i dont do shit and don't wanna die of a heart attack.

It's hard to fit it in my schedule, an open opportunity after my classes. If the last time I ate was 5 hours ago, do i eat again before starting or can i just go at it and eat after?

does it even matter?
>>
Hello friends, I'm a senior in highschool and I've only recently taken a look at my life and realized I need to change. I have no hobbies, no car, and no role models. I have no aspirations or dreams. I want to change very much and I've been lifting for a few months, but besides that I still need to find hobbies I enjoy and some sort of guidance. I feel very lost in the world even though I have loving friends and family. I'm not sure what to fill my schedule with, I've started reading books but I want more hobbies to enjoy and practice, things more practical than sitting on a computer reading an anonymous message board all day. Thanks in advance to anyone with wise words or tips.
>>
>>40113233
I've heard eating afterwards (roughly 30-60 minutes after) is best because more vitamins and proteins will go towards building muscle.
>>
>>40110783
how do you be interesting when all you do is lift and play games?

do you have friends? where do you meet girls to talk to?
>>
What kinds of things should you do with girls? I don't really have many hobbies.
>>
>>40114263
Programming, gets them soaking wet
>>
>>40114263
Creative Hobbies like writing and such are good.
>>
>>40114307
You want me to write with a girl?
>>
>>40114263
Right out of the blue it's hard to say. Learn what she likes that you like also and try to make something with it. I don't have a girlfriend but my friends have and they tend to go out to see stuff they like. Sometime they go see improv, they go at a bar to see some friends, they go to the movies, etc. If they're at home they have their separate hobbies.
>>
>>40079219
6'3 240lb neet here

I'm not entirely out of shape and I've been trying to lift at least once a night but lately I've been thinking more and more I want to take this seriously. This is my first post on /fit/

I have a home gym, a treadmill and an exercise bike. I don't want to get thin, I just want to get STRONK and be a big as shit strong as shit fucking giant of a man.

Give me exercise/diet reccomendations please
>>
>>40114318
It doesn't have to be writing. Painting is good. You can also, Idk, go to a concert or something
>>
>>40114385
Eat lots of protein, drink lots of water, lift hard, get big :)
>>
>>40114351
What if theres literally nothing to do in the god forsaken cookie cutter city I live in?
>>
>>40114481
what's a good cheap source of protien an NEET like me can get
>>
>>40114508
GOMAD
>>
>>40114524
I DON'T KNOW HOW
>>
>>40114552
That's means milk bro. Just drink lots of Milk. Milk is the GOAT recovery drink
>>
>>40114552
GALLON
OF
MILK
A
DAY
>>
>>40114591
>>40114592
is this a meme or not?

HOW MUCH MILK DO I DRINK
>>
>>40114800
A fucking gallon. Every day.
>>
>>40079586
If you're cute, it's not creepy. If you're ugly, it's creepy.
>>
>>40091849
I'm heading back for my 2nd year of uni in a month too bro. I'm guessing you must be in NZ or Aus with that timing?
>>
>>40114800
Don't drink an actual whole gallon a day. Eat some chicken for protien too. Drinking a gallon of milk is going to have you shitting liquid
>>
>>40115037
okay so, eat chicken and drink milk. Anything else to help me GET BIG FAST?
>>
>>40115226
Lift heavy and eat big
>>
>>40115266
yes that's the general idea but is there any specific schedule of lifting/cutting that is optimal?

If u don't tell me I'll just have to lift the heaviest and eat the biggest
>>
>>40115324
Read the sticky. Ask more specific workout questions. I personally do a spilt schedule but you might want to start with a different one.
>>
>>40115343
Right now I just work out a bit each night. Should I do more extensive workouts but less frequently or is frequency the way to go to get big fast?
>>
>>40089178
good job incorporating some fitness into your routine. if you don't mind progressing more slowly (and thus longer time for gains), you can stick with bodyweight stuff. a pullup bar and a decent pair of rings is only around $50. increase the load on your exercises (try pic related for good routine to get you started), and cut it back to 3x a week. if doing the whole thing at once is too much of a change, add one exercise from the routine every couple weeks until you're doing the whole thing before bed.

good luck senpai
>>
File: startbodyweight.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
startbodyweight.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>40115798
forgot the pic
>>
>>40079219
This has been my program so far.
>Avoid consuming as much High Fructose Corn Syrup as I can.
>Substitute at least one of my daily meals with a large bowl of spinach or another low calorie meal.
>Do 20 Push-Ups, 40 Jumping Jacks, 30 sit-ups before bed.
>I do about 4-6 kilometers of walking when I go to my campus.
>>
>>40114263
Fuck girls. Just go MGTOW and make your self as sexy as possible so that way, they only go for Chad who looks as good as you, but treat his GF like shit. Chad's GF will get jelous and eventually brake up and be cumming at your house wanting you to come in her.
>>
>>40115540
define a bit? and what do you do?
>>
>>40115540
SS or SL holy fuck dude
>>
>>40079219
Is anyone here trying to balance a full-time job, full-time school, fitness, and a social life?

I've got the job and the school. Trying to fit fitness into my schedule. No idea how to even socialize anymore since my schedule is so packed. Join a club?
>>
I'm tired of these threads because they're just book recommendation threads.

TALK ABOUT IDEAS FFS, NOT JUST "HURR 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE, HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE"
>>
Been doing allpro's routine for 2months now and am still getting great strength gains. Tell me why I should not do Scooby's three day split workout run 2x a week.
>>
How long does it take to go from skinnyfag to normalfag
>>
File: 1451278923691.jpg (148KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
1451278923691.jpg
148KB, 500x458px
I need advices on laziness /fit/

Since my early teenage years, I've been very very very lazy and since I was really smart, it was never a problem since I didn't have to study to pass my exams. I even managed to get a bachelor in programming being extremly lazy.
Anyway, I want this to stop. I know I could do much more things if I didn't have this time eating habit.
I dislike waking up in the morning, I'd rather play video games than read a book or learn something. I always postpone everything to later or another day.
The only thing that makes me active is training. Thank god I've been athletic since my childhood or I would probably fat as fuck. I'm play less and less video games now but when I'm working on something, I spend to much time being distracted by something else.

I really need to get ridd of my laziness, it's killing me and my ambitions. Help /fit/
>>
File: 1472084299997.jpg (18KB, 228x320px) Image search: [Google]
1472084299997.jpg
18KB, 228x320px
>>40116946
>le smart but lazy
>>
File: 1458159490760.png (230KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1458159490760.png
230KB, 640x360px
>>40116946
>claims to be intelligent
>not intelligent enough to develop willpower to improve his life
>>
>>40117029
>>40117048
Learn to read. I said I WAS smart.
Now the only things I'm still good at is logical thinking and that's all.
I haven't read a book in years so I lost a lot of my vocabulary and lost all the interest I had in philosophy and these kind of things. I was learning different languages back then but lost interest in that too (Thank god I use english every day of my life)
But this isn't really a concern to me anymore, I'm not interest in litterature or languages anymore. I just want to stop being lazy and start working on personal projects.
>>
>>40084941
Downloaded pdfs and watched youtube tutorials, took me 4 months to learn java and C# from scratch, here's a bit of update on what happened since last time if you like it, couldn't browse fit much so here's what happened

>make game as bad as l can
He wanted to make a shitty clicker so l made him a reaaally bad clicker that caps at 1000 gold/sec just so that people stop playing it and give it a bad rating, if he managed to publish it of course
>he just sits there next to me doing nothing
>ask him if he's gonna pay me
>he says that he really needs the money and that he cant afford to share
>i know what to do at this point
>intentional bugs in the game so that it becomes unplayable after a certain stage
>he pretends to be interested and then switches to looking at his phone
>i finish the game in an hour and hand it to him
>he asks me if l'll be updating his game (lol)
>tell him that he's on his own and that l'm not gonna help him anymore
>the day after he asks me how to publish the game
>ignore message

Its been a while now, l don't think he killed himself, he probably just gave up or something, life is really fucking weird man
>>
>>40090019
Your life is kinda fucked, my life is worse.

How do you make those shitty websites? How can i learn to do at least this please?
>>
>>40094666
>666
Just tell her to fuck off if you have the money to move out
>>
>>40116946
>>40117254

Stop thinking about it in terms of "laziness" and start reading about "focus" and "habit".

"Laziness" and "willpower" aren't really helpful terms to use when thinking about this kind of thing. You mostly hear losers talking about them. Winners describe essentially the same thing but with a vocabulary full of words like energy, focus, and routine instead, and that seems to get them places.
>>
>>40116946
Before you know it you'll be like me, getting older, never achieved anything meaningful, stuck in a dead-end coding job.
Sure, it pays the bills (with plenty left to waste on games and gadgets and prepared meals and junk). But it's boring and the boss is a micromanaging dick and the customers change their mind all the time etc.
But by now you're not just lazy. You're also afraid that if you quit or get fired, you're screwed. Why would anyone hire an almost middle-aged underachieving slacker with a crappy resumé when they could get 1.5 fresh and motivated junior programmers for the same price?

And it's not just your job. The rest of your life eventually started to suck too. Instead of going out, meeting people, building and maintaining friendships and relationships, you withdrew.
Easier to escape through some artificial fantasy, maybe even more rewarding in the short run. But eventually you realize that real contact and warmth are irreplaceable, but by then you'll find you can no longer do it.
You're lacking self-confidence, you feel like a faker. You don't have a life (not even a career, just a crappy job that pays the bills). You're so boring no one would ever be interested in you

But you're not there yet. You can still fix yourself. Get up and do it.
>>
>>40117345
Damn anon.
What do you regret ? What would you have done if you could go back in time ?
I'm currently searching for a job but I've always been thinking about creating something on my own (a game, an app or a website). But it's really time consuming and I'm scared I'll get to busy with the job I'll find to actually creat something.

>>40117327
I think I'll find myself one motivating book. I guess this thread is full of recommendations. You're right, it's all about routine. I need to fix my daily life first in order to become a better man.
>>
>2nd year at uni. About to look for work experience
>starting to learn bass guitar. Already can play drums. Be nice to say I can play multiple instruments.
>started home strength exercises 2 weeks ago and It's going well. Not noticeable change yet (not expecting this for another month or two.) I do a 30 minute workout every other day.
>Trying out a protein shake that adds up to about 1100 calories. Using this and trying to eat more to gain weight. Been underweight all my life so It'd be nice to be healthy for once.
>starting to feel better about myself in general. Always felt un-confident due to my weight and Pectus Excavatum, but I think getting to a healthy weight and getting some muscle for the first time in my life may help me mentally as well as physically.

I was 6'3 and 130 pounds last time I checked btw.
>>
>>40117493

>motivating book
>motivating

Yeah, go ahead and add "motivating" to the list of words that just aren't that helpful.

If fleeting feelings like motivation mattered even a tenth as much as humble focus and routine, then there are about a million basic bitches on instagram who should be ruling the world by now.
>>
File: burden.jpg (69KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
burden.jpg
69KB, 640x400px
No matter what anybody tells you, however, encouraging it is you will never truly recognise it till you start to believe in yourself.

I work 6 days a week go to uni and am trying to learn my way around cyber security and pen testing. I have no idea how to do it but I'm focused and organised and the one thing I never do is tell myself I can't do it.

It's fucking shit sometimes because I have not much of a social life and the cutie I want is fucked in the head from her last relationship. But when I step into that gym at 5 am nobody there is that satisfaction of knowing you're improving yourself. Every kg added, every rep performed, every PB broken. You can all make it and I know I will as well.

Be loud
Be proud
Be you
Be true

Don't let anybody tell you differently. See you all on the other side.
>>
>>40079290
Wrong. Being a wagecuck is depressing. Being NEET makes you feel weak and unmotivated.

The goal is to become an entrepreneur by working for yourself. Then you can generate passive income while living like a NEET.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.