[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bench not increasing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 17schev450.2.jpg (32KB, 532x450px) Image search: [Google]
17schev450.2.jpg
32KB, 532x450px
I haven't been benching for a month now, last time I have i could only do 105 for 10. I have been working out my chest by doing dumbbell chest presses and I have increased weights with those but my bench has not increased. Is this normal?
>>
>>40078448
>hurr durr i stopped benching and my bench somehow didn't get better, what's up guys?

Also, I sincerely hope those are kilos, not pounds
>>
Tuck your elbows in more and increase the weight slightly every session
>>
It isn't, go see a doctor bro that's a common early symptom of chest cancer.
>>
File: abomination.jpg (124KB, 580x1223px) Image search: [Google]
abomination.jpg
124KB, 580x1223px
>>40078448
I'm at a similar point of plateau, but I have been benching. No spot buddy makes it hard imo.

My real question is why my chest isn't getting bigger. I made decent bench gains over the past few months until my stall, but my chest still looks pathetic.

On my push day I try to also add either incline or decline, some machine flies, and some dips. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???
>>
>>40078448
Well, technically, nah
>>
>>40078483
I cant bench, I go to planet fitness and its flooded since new years and the $1 down promotion they did for it. All the Smith machines I use for benching were taken and I had to stick with dumbbell bench pressing with 40lb dumbbells
>>
>>40079221
>smith machine

Is your problem. You aren't being forced to balance and do the full weight by yourself. You probably bench less than 105 if you had an actual flat bench. Get the fuck out of PF, get a real fucking gym membership, and do the actual fucking exercise. Don't give me this bullshit of "I have no spotter and I'm scared". Learn to roll the bar if you get pinned, and stop thinking about it so much.
>>
>>40078790
Bump
>>
>>40078448
Do you mean kg or are you a woman?
>>
>>40079315
Pounds, Im just starting out I usually do 4 sets Dumbbell Bench presses with 40lb for about 8 reps and then go to the fly machine and do 4 sets with that
>>
My bench is absolutely pathetic. Im thinking of switching to a powerlifting routine for chest days, something like 5x5, but I know for sure by the third set ill have to decrease the weight.

Every other lift is increasing but the bench stays the same day in day out.
>>
>>40079689
Im the opposite, My Biceps/Triceps are not increasing at all/barely while my chest is increasing slowly. I do everything right, eat a lot, get my protons, sleep a few hours + im tall so the barely amount of muscle i do have barely shows
>>
File: 1481731238242.jpg (169KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481731238242.jpg
169KB, 960x960px
>>40078448
>Bench not increasing
>I haven't been benching for a month now
>>
>>40079811
Well i've been doing other exercizes so my chest should be stronger which is the main ingredient of the bench press so that should increase by all laws of physics
>>
>>40079839
What's your weight height and diet like. Don't lie if you want actual help.
>>
>>40080155
6'3-6'4
and about 195 pounds
I try to eat 4k + calories a day, Usually eat oats and milk, nuts, seeds, fruit, fish, chicken, coffee, meal replacement/protein bars daily, I also eat hoagies and other junk food if im at a wawa and theres nothing better
>>
>>40079839
Well you retard, it's not that easy. Benching and most if not all other exercises are all about technique. As long as you dont perfect it, dont expect any progress.
>>
>>40080369
You're benching wrong. Eat cleaner
>>
File: 1478375787001.png (766KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1478375787001.png
766KB, 2000x2000px
Just got stuck on incline. No spotter.

No clips, had to roll down to waist them tip them off. Loud as fuck, bad feels.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.