[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

suicide grip for press/push press: yay or nay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: klokov.webm (699KB, 636x360px) Image search: [Google]
klokov.webm
699KB, 636x360px
suicide grip for press/push press: yay or nay?
>>
>>40077966
If suicide is your goal, yay
>>
Wait, do people actually use this grip? i thought its a joke

are you mental?
>>
>>40077997
If you're so uncoordinated that you manage to drop a barbell on your head during an overhead press you deserve it desu.
>>
>>40077966
It's fine, it's only bad when benching because you're in a compromised position and are supposed to internally rotate your wrists (which makes your grip slippery)
>>
>>40077966
Did it once, hurt my thumb somehow and could barely move it. Even with just lmao1pl I was pretty worried... didn't improve my lift at all so why do it? Even more stupid than suicidegripping bench.
>>
>>40077966
for strict pressing, no. especially when the weight gets heavy, you want it to be secure in the overhead position.

If you look at the grip in the webm there, the setup for the push press uses the front rack, and it's not possible to grip it in the same way if you were setting up for a strict OHP, with forearms vertical.

it still may be more favorable to use a hookgrip at least for push presses, for the sake of safety in the lockout
>>
>>40077966

I don't use it though not for safety's sake. As far as I'm concerned it's perfectly safe to use it in the press and I know that a lot of people find that they can apply more force given that the bar sits closer to the top of the wrist.

My problem with it is that it makes it harder to really squeeze the bar which I've found makes for a much stabler, smoother and stronger press.

Really down to personal preference. It's not going to fall on your head unless you really try to drop it on your head.

You will never press enough weight that you can press it over your head yet not safely lower it. Even in the very worst case scenario all you have to do is step forward or backwards and you're in the clear.

It's really not the same as with the bench.
>>
why the fuck would you do it?
just hookgrip it faggot
>>
>>40078736
> hook grip for OHP/push press

are you retarded?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.