[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muay Thai Advice needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: photo.jpg (87KB, 600x800px)
photo.jpg
87KB, 600x800px
so i just started kickboxing and my shins are pretty fucked up now. Its swollen and hurts alot.
So i started to hit with my ankles but now that hurts too. So what do i do now? Is there a thing i can do to heal the damaged parts on my shins?
>>
>>40075247
Maybe ask people who do that sport instead of a bunch of fat people on their first month of starting strength
>>
>>40075265
yeh they just said "Let it rest".
Doesnt seem like an option to me.
>>
Stop being a littlw bitch.

They will heal. Take it easy, dont fracture a bone, and when youre physically capable of doing so keep practising.
>>
>>40075247
Moron. Stop doing high impact exercises when your bones aren't used to them yet.
>>
>>40075288
i knew that at one point i would start to numb those areas. But my bones arent hurt or anything. its just the muscles
>>
Are you fucking stupid? Its going to hurt the first few months, obviously. Your shin (which is what you hit with) isn't used to the impact yet. Keep practicing after it's healed.
Just like training your muscles to lift heavier and grow stronger, your shin needs time and practice to adapt to the new stress.
Dont hit with your ankle
>>
>>40075309
a few months? alright. I guess i know what to do.
Just hit carefully and mostly do boxing and knees
>>
>>40075277
How do you think injuries usually heal? Health potions don't exist in real life. The most you can do except rest is putting liniment or some shit on it
>>
>>40075321
Yeah. Didn't your trainer prepare you for this?
>>
>>40075247
Ice it you fucking idiot.

Rest your legs and work on hand work for a little while.

Jesus fuck, why didn't you ice it as soon as it started swelling? Are you completely fucking retarded? Don't you know basic first fucking aid?
>>
>>40075335
Except HGH and roids.
>>
>>40075247
Have you been kicking with your shin? Or is that from checking kicks?
But that's pretty normal for a beginner, just ice it and work through it.
>>
>>40075247
The point of hitting sandbags in Muay Thai is to harden your shins. Rest and keep hitting when they heal up, but don't ram your feet/ankles/knees into a heavy bag like a retard.
>>
>>40075247

Rest? The more you do it, the less you'll get bruised. Sounds counter productive to actually take some time off from something you are brand new at, but you will get less and less bruised if you actually let it heal.
>>
dont kick with your shin
>>
You are supposed to kick with the lowest part of your shin, right where the foot begins.
>>
>>40076269
kill urself
>>
>>40076297
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_QVO7kYtg&t
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.