[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
Maybe I should have posted this in /adv/ but whatever, let's talk about sleep and I'll start with my problem with sleep which apparently is the opposite of everyone's problem with sleep. As a premise, I love sleeping and dreaming more than I like to be awake, partly because life sucks and partly because I have awesome dreams. Recently I had cancer and had to quit university for awhile. So, not having anything to do all day I just woke up whenever I felt like; which is roughly 12 hours after I went to sleep. And I loved it, I felt the most relaxed person ever. Now cancer is over and I'm back at uni, sleeping 8 hours(which is still not bad for most people), but every morning it's like it was a torture to get out of bed and even if I don't feel all that sleepy when I have to get up, I feel like time "owed" me more sleep and I will be tired later in the day.
>>
>>40074717
Op here, forgot to conclude. How do I stop feeling the need for 12 hours of sleep and enjoy the 8 or less that I will be sleeping from now on? That much sleeping has nothing to do with cancer, btw, I have always slept that much when I had a chance to
>>
>>40074717

You will need some time to adjust and after a while, you will truly enjoy that "lack of sleep" feeling. Sounds weird but I feel much ealthier this way, I fall asleep much faster and don't wake up to every sound on the street, or think about stuff and planning etc.

Also, wierd as it sounds, I often find myself waking minutes before the alarm goes off, and on week-ends I will wake up just a bit later, should I want to go lazy and sleep more I simply can't.
>>
>>40074717
very similar situation but s/cancer/schizophrenia and meds

sleep is good for body/brain repair - to get out of it you simply need to go to sleep earlier, get *better* sleep, and get up so your rhythm's back in, well, rhythm.

>better sleep?
pitch dark room. no screens 2 hours before bed

>rhythm?
go to bed and get up at the same time, at first your body will hate it, then it will get up at that time naturally without the need for an alarm
>>
might as well ask this hear. why does ZMA keep me awake all night.
I just want them fancy dreams
>>
10h sleep and I'm good as new
Anything less than 10h and I'm half dead
Can't function in a normal society I guess
>>
I always give myself 9 hours to sleep but I wake up multiple times throughout the night for no fucking reason. Then when I wake up like 2 hours before my alarm I don't really fall back asleep, I just kinda lay there half awake. This has been happening every night for the past 6-ish months with no exceptions. Wtf do I do? Sleep fragmentation makes me feel like shit.
>>
>>40074717
>I love sleeping and dreaming more than I like to be awake, partly because life sucks and partly because I have awesome dreams
you are not alone. i love lucid dreaming to escape everything.
if you want better sleep i suggest you put an alarm EVERYDAY on whatever time you want lets say 8 am. you are going to feel terrible for a week, but after that it will feel amazing. also it is a good idea to read a book before you go to bed and not use any pc/tv/phone.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.