[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making weight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: regina-george.png (231KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
regina-george.png
231KB, 500x282px
>Help me fitfam. >I'm training for a judo competition and I found out that my weigh-in time is in the evening for this tournament instead of the morning. I had been weighing myself every morning for the last 3 weeks and I'm right on target at 154, which put me at the top of a weight class. I started weighing myself in the evening and I'm consistently at 161 during the time I would weigh in, which puts me at the bottom of the next class up.
What should I do to make sure I'm in the below 155 class?
Also, is a six lb weight swing through the day normal?
>If it helps, in addition to the judo training, I lift three days a week (SS + some grappling specific stuff) and my diet is protein shake (1 scoop, milk, frozen fruit, banana) in the morning, meal prep lunch (chicken breast, broccoli, zucchini noodles) and crock pot meal prep dinner (brisket, carrots, onions, celery, with mashed cauliflower on the side). On Tuesday and Thursday I skip dinner and have a scoop with a glass of milk instead.
Wat do fit?
>>
I think there's a /fighting/ general in the catalog right now, so this might be a better question for that thread.

Also, learn to properly greentext, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>40074052
I'm not looking for fighting advice, I'm looking for diet advice.
Thanks for the bump friend.
>>
>>40074034
my wight moves up to 2kg per day at most plus 0.5 kg based on how I stand on my scale.
Im not an expert on making class so this is just my experience and most of its obvious.
fast 24 hrs before weigh in
stop drinking a few hours before
poop
do at least 30min of cardio to make sure you used up all of you glucose(every gram of glucose is stored with 3gramm of water)
also consider going low carb to avoid glucose storage

also salt may be related to storing water I dont know google it
>>
>>40074052
>mfw im an actual Mongolian...
>>
>>40074135
Look, dummy... The people posting on the fighting thread will have better advice and it's a higher vis thread.
>>
>>40074393
Good aim you're in a Judo thread then
>>
>>40074034
TO DROP WATER WEIGHT:
Had similar issues with rowing, and making lightweight crews (under 72.5kg). According to one of our coaches (ex-irish olympic pairs rower) a trick you can do is sit in winter clothes in a car with all the windows up and heaters on max. You'll sweat like a motherfucker and have a killer headache, but you should drop a good 1-2kg/ 4 pounds just from that.
>>
Jumprope
2 tracksuits on
Jump for 30min
Sweat like motherfuck

Guaranted 2kgs off

At least thats what i have been said
>>
>>40074474
>TFW no fight thread
>>
>>40074034
Don't drink water that day until the weigh in, also dont eat more than a small meal.
>>
>>40075270
This is the best advice, I'd suggest a shake and some caffeine after weigh in
>>
>>40074570
Or have a long nice sauna session, it is also very relaxing.
t. fingol
>>
So basically, cut water the day of?
>>
>>40074034
When is the competition? You could cut down to a morning weight of 149, and then as you taper toward the comp, slowly start adding more food into your diet again.

Trying to maintain the exact comp weight for too long will just end up in disappointment, you do not want to be completely fasted or dehydrated for a competition, you'll perform like shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.