[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too shy to ask for a spot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: baron.jpg (98KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
baron.jpg
98KB, 1280x719px
>tfw too shy to ask for a spot
>>
If it means a lot to you, you will ask.

I know I do
>>
>>40065285
I honestly benched for the longest time without ever having a spotter. Mother-fuckers always won't stop touching the fucking bar even if I tell them not to.
>>
>>40065285
Why would you need a spot? No need to go to failure and testing your max should not happen very often.
>>
>too rich to improve my dumpy shitsack of a body
>>
>not benching in a power cage/half rack
>not using the safety bars as your spotter
>>
>>40065317
i guess that's why people always ask me for spot. i always stand back so i don't obstruct their view and only grab the bar once i see it starts to move back down before lockout
>>
>Don't ask for spot
>Get stuck on second rep of 165
>Have to drop the bar on my chest and tip one side over so the weight drop off
>Entire gym stops and stares at me
>Slowly put the weights back on the rack and rack the bar

It was embarrassing but was actually a great way to get over my "gymtimidation". Every time after that I basically said "Well at least it won't be like the time I made a fool of myself"
>>
>>40065738
>>40065285
>>40065317
Roll of shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk

learn it, love it, reach ur full potential
>>
>>40065823
Why does he arch his back like that? Is that good form?
>>
>>40065952
have you never benched before?
>>
>>40065285
Start by asking someone who works there and then when comfy ask a random person
>>
>>40065294
>If it means a lot to you

Fuck, that song brings me back to high school holy shit :^(
>>
Old chinese proverb:

Asking for a spot less embarrassing
Then doing the roll of shame
>>
File: dance - waft.gif (991KB, 200x329px) Image search: [Google]
dance - waft.gif
991KB, 200x329px
>tfw hear gymbros and their friends commenting on my lifts, form and such
>"thats some serious weight that"
(deadlifting 6pl8, highest I've seen anyone else do is 4.5)
>"thats how deep you should go"
(squatting in the rack next to two guys doing sumo stance half squats)
>"whoa did you see that?"
(me doing muscle ups)

>mfw I feel like they think I'm showing off and I don't know what to do or say so I just stare at the floor and pretend I didn't hear it.
>>
>>40065952
this isn't a good form, but it makes bench press easier
>>
>>40066104
Sounds awkward desu
>>
>>40066197
Get out of here, gains goblin. Fucking orthopedic surgeons trying to get more customers.
>>
>>40066045
>a day to remember
>making it

Pick one
>>
File: 1453989364919.jpg (43KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1453989364919.jpg
43KB, 540x304px
>>40065285
>tfw my college won't let you use their squat racks unless you have someone to spot for you
the fuck should I do, guys? I just want to exercise in peace and I don't think I could even fit a barbell in my dorm room it's so small
>>
>>40066104
well, good for you nonetheless.
>>
>>40065738
So you embarassed yourself in front of a bunch of gymcels who probably have been curling 30 with horrible form for six months.
People whose opinion you should be concerned with know that when you train, you fail. Fuck everyone else.
>>
>>40065285
Baron is going to aesthetic af in a few years, he's already taller than 99% of /fit/ and he's only 10
>>
>>40067622
Be grateful your college is encouraging you to talk to people in the vain attempt to make a socially functioning person out of you.
>>
>>40067622
>spotter on a squat rack
why?
>>40067829
>implying
>>
>>40067841
Isn't that a thing? We did some weightlifting in high school but I might be misremembering how we did it.
Under the rules for the gym, it says:
>All users should use spotters for exercises the place the bar on the back or front shoulders and exercises that involve a bar or dumbbell moving over the face or above the head.
Come to think of it, I guess that doesn't say "must," so maybe it's just a recommendation.

>>40067829
I figure it's way more likely to be a liability thing than anything like that
>>
>>40067977
Squat rack has handles to catch the bar if you fail
>>
>>40067622
>Join a club or society
>Look up when their social events are
>Get drunk with them
>Dutch courage + beer charisma
>if you click with one do, which you deffo will and he's in OK shape ask if he wants to come the gym.
You're welcome Bruh.
>>
File: 1481792649764.png (2MB, 1512x1512px) Image search: [Google]
1481792649764.png
2MB, 1512x1512px
>>40065285
>tfw ask for a spot
>guys at the gym always say yes
>conversate, make a new friend

>tfw ask a girl out
>80% of the time she says no and it's a traumatizing experience I think about in the shower for the rest of my life

why can't asking girls out be more like asking a bro to spot you, /fit/?
>>
>>40068066
But I don't want to lift with other people, even if I am capable of socializing nominally. I joined clubs and got friends and stuff. I just want to lift like a hermit.
>>
>>40068115
You've given me a lot to think about
>>
>>40068159
Can relate
>>
since I go to the gym at 10 pm, I move the bench to the squat rack so I can bench press with the safety pins on

no one is around to bitch about it, and I can fail my bench without worrying about getting killed in the process

safety number one priority guys, a split second can fuck your life real bad
>>
>>40068200
I used to do that when I went by myself lmao. Made major gains !back then though desu senpai.
>>
File: 1427430607379.png (54KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
1427430607379.png
54KB, 746x717px
>>40066197
>this isn't a good form, but it makes bench press easier
dyels leave
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.