[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SS thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I started SS last week and have been adding 5kg to every one of my deadlift workouts ever since (currently at 75 kg). Should I keep adding 5kg or do you think this weight is too much?

I have no idea how this keeps happening. Only two weeks ago I could barely lift 40 kg.
>>
>>40063085
Wow.. Someone who's actually doing the program..

If I remember correctly he doesn't say whether or not to stop adding 5kg after a couple weeks. I think you'll just have to feel this one out mate.
>>
Keep adding 5kg till you can't then go to the same amount as the others.

Also did you read that you can DL every workout until you have to deload?

I'm sure I read that in the book
>>
>>40063116
I think Rip uses very vague wording regarding this specific topic. Like "you might be able to add 10lbs every workout, but that will not be sustainable for very long. Switching to 5lbs should be sustainable for months" kind of deal, and then goes on.
>>
>kg

can't stand u poorop phagots
>>
>>40063085
>a new victim is claimed by SS
>>
>>40063085
OP, this could help you: in the Stronglifts program that somewhat recalls SS, Mehdi says to increase DL by 5kg each time you deadlift until you hit 100kg. Once at 100kg, you only add 2.5kg per workout so it looks something like : 90kg -> 95kg -> 100kg -> 102.5kg -> 105kg etc.

Similarly, for BP and The Press, at some point, when you start stalling, you should add 1.25kg each new workout (gotta buy your own fractional plates) rather than 2.5kg.

Squat is the only exercise where he says to stick to 2.5kg increment each time. Good luck with that tho...
>>
File: Screenshot_20170118-142839.jpg (591KB, 1437x1942px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170118-142839.jpg
591KB, 1437x1942px
Heres my deadlift progression in kgs

There's no stopping the noob gain train
>>
>>40063085
>Should I keep adding 5kg
Yes.
>>
I'm beginning to understand why Rip is such a cranky old man.

>>40063085
>asks a question about SS that is answered in the book
>>40063116
>Gee I'm pretty sure I read the answer in the book, but I won't check
>>40063142
>Hmmm I think the answer was in the book, but if I remember correctly, it was pretty vague. Not gonna check though.
>>40064325
>Hey OP, instead of checking the book, I'm going to type several paragraphs of advice about some other program that is not SS! Surely this is more helpful than just reading the book!

OP, just read the book. This is answered in the book. Look in the book, OP.
>>
File: 20170116_140658.png (251KB, 720x1049px) Image search: [Google]
20170116_140658.png
251KB, 720x1049px
Reminder to do accessory exercises after the big three, such as chin ups, dips, tricep extentions, curls and lat raises.
>>
>>40064937
>Damn, this guy needs help and I don't have the book right here so I can't actually check. Oh well, I will give what I can at least.
>>
>>40065740
>I don't know the answer, so I better tell him some half-remembered shit I made up
>>
>>40063085
>should I keep getting better
>>
OP keep adding 5kg till you fail. 'Deload' to the last weight you did for 5 reps, then go up by 2.5kg from there.

For example;

150kg x5
155kg x4
150kg x5
152.5kg x5
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.