[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such a thing as overtr?ining or is it a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Is there such a thing as overtr?ining or is it a meme?
>>
>>40060654
Obviously it's a real thing, you can't go to the gym everyday and do heavy full body workouts or you'd burn the fuck out in a few days and wouldn't make any gains because muscles would never properly repair
>>
>>40060654
Training the same body part more than 3 times a week is over training
>>
>>40060672
unless you eat a shit ton of protein
>>
>>40060708
Pretty sure it's more than that, really depends how you pace yourself, diet, and sleep schedule
>>
>>40060720
even so, there is only so much repair that your body can make in between each session
>>
>>40060720
Doesn't matter you need a day or two depending how long youve been lifting torepair the muscles so they'll actually grow
>>
>>40060654
>a
>fucking
>train
>>
>>40060654
yes... ish... theres a reason you dont want to go to the gym and spend 4 hours in one session working out just one body part nonstop. Theres a reason you also dont want to work out the same muscle group hard every day of the week. Muscles need time to rest. When you work out, you're literally tearing your muscle fibers, that's how they grow and get bigger. Because of this, you need to give them a couple days rest in between. Let them heal before you kill them again.
>>
>>40060769
fucking goddamn, i missed your joke. I take everything I said back. My new answer.... yes, if you jump high enough
>>
>>40060654
If greg over trained, he'd still be alive
>>
>>40060788
holy shit underrated as fuck. well done anon my sides
>>
For the first several months I was doing full-body workout 7 days a week and seeing great results.

Eventually I think it was starting to hurt me though, now I do full-body workout 3-4 times a week, one day lift, one day rest, repeat. I'm definitely gaining more muscle/strength like this, and I'm not as tired.

If you train full-body 7 days a week, you have to eat A LOT. If you can handle/afford the amount of food you have to eat, and you think your body can handle the recovery times, try it.

I think full-body 3-4 times a week is the best routine though, that's what all the pros did until steroids came around and they invented splits with steroid-usage in mind.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.