[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trail Running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Trail-Running-2.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px)
Trail-Running-2.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
OK /fit/ here's the scoop

I've steadily been losing weight for a couple of months thanks to a change of diet.

I'm still significantly overweight, and very un/fit/. My brother and his girlfriend invited me to a trail run on Sunday and I accepted without thinking about it.

Am I gonna die? I get winded going up long flights of stairs. Do I back out and look like the piece of shit I am, or do I go through with it and die of a stroke 3km's in.

Pic semi-related, the run goes up a mountain.
>>
>>40056256
>>40056256
Only do this shit if you want to break both ankles.
>>
>>40056256
do it but if your Brother and his Girlfriend get way ahead tell them to keep going even is they refuse, people will act nice against there own will and keep with you, just tell em to keep ahead

good luck though
>>
>>40056396
oh god..

>>40056402
I've told them already not to expect me to keep up with their pace, they're relatively active and do park runs every other week.
>>
Try it. If you are not used to cardio you are not going to be able to keep going for a long time, but that does not mean you can't have fun.

>Am I gonna die?
No, but you will feel like spitting your lungs (I've been there). Do your best and use it as an introduction to cardio, which you should do if you are trying to lose weight. Good luck
>>
OP listen to me. You can't just go from being sedentary to running around on steep fucking trails especially if you're still overweight. This is exactly how people fuck up their knees and ankles and bench themselves for life. All it takes is one wrong step and you'll be in snap city. Politely decline their offer and instead start working yourself up with lower impact cardio - show them you're serious but aren't just gonna jump into it.
>>
>>40056451
Thanks anon, I'll try and finish even if it takes me 2 hours, it's a 6km run.
>>
>>40056498
What about a brisk walk instead?
>>
A friend of mine who is in exceptional shape just tore a ligament in his ankle doing exactly this shit - he landed on it funny and I guess it just came apart underneath it. This is a high risk high impact activity and you're not ready (this is the same anon from above)
>>
>>40056511
If a brisk walk will get your heart pumping sufficiently then sure. Or cycling/swimming anything that will spare your joints the full impact of your weight for now.
>>
>>40056499
Just be careful, might be too intense
if it's your first time, but as long as you don't do something retarded like the pic you posted you should be fine. Also 6km is a lot, >>40056498 is right. But that does not mean you can't try if you are careful enough
>>
>>40056535
>>40056564

Thanks, anons! If I finish without killing myself i'll post a picture of the medal. If anyone will give a shit 5 days from now.
>>
>>40056588
I will, godspeed OP
>>
>>40056588
Oh there's a medal? Then I guess u have no choice, godspeed
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.