[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minimal equipment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

This is all I have.
An exercise mat, a pull-up bar and one single dumbbell with a max of 15,4 lbs (7kg).

I can't afford more.

What would be the best routine for this?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>40056192
save up for gymnastic rings and you'll have everything you really need for great upperbody. for legs you'll have to start riding bicycle or find a way to do squats
>>
>>40056224
OP could use those rings to assist in pistol squat progressions
>>
>>40056192
Check start bodyweight fitness or leddit's r/bodyweightfitness beginner routine. They are both solid and well rounded programs.
>>
>>40056192
Try this 3ce a week:

Warmup your joints, then do some jumping jacks or burpees to warm up. Then do this 3ce a week:

3x 8-12 pullups
3x 8-12 handstand pushups
3x 8-12 squats
3x8-12 chinups
3x 8-12 pushups
3x 8-12 jump squats
3x 8-12 hanging leg raises
1x max plank hold

Finish with stretching.

Once you can do the required amount of reps, do a harder variation of the exercise i.e. wider grip on the pullups, archer pullups, side to side/one arm pushups, putting the dumbbell between your legs when doing pullups, jumping higher on the jump squats. Look up progressions for these exercises online. You can also switch it up by playing with rep ranges once in a while, adding a set of curls to the end of your chinups, doing pyramids, whatever to keep it fun and to make it harder. Another good thing is to do isometric holds at the end of the last set. You can use your dumbbell to weight these as well.
>>
>>40056293
As for squats, work up to pistol squats, then jumping pistol squats. You can use your dumbell to counter-balance yourself when working up to pistol squats. If you're doing this thrice a week, you can do HIIT sprint workouts once or twice a week as well on the off-days.
>>
>>40056254
>>40056293
I'll probably go ahead with your advice, thanks!

To be honest, I'd love to incorporate that dumbbell somewhere so I won't feel that it's useless. But if bodyweight is more effective, I'll go with that.
>>
>>40056314
like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-bQnM-byuQ
>>
>>40056352
You can get quite far doing just BW exercises! I'm sure you must have seen those calisthenics guys on YouTube. You can use the dumbbell to add weight to things like pullups too. Can be especially useful when you want to break through a plateau and progress into the next exercise. Alternatively, you can do weighted pullups/chinups one workout and do a harder variation the next. Once you're able to do 3x 8-12 pullups and 3x 8-12 chinups with added 7 kgs, you may have saved up enough money to buy heavier weights.
>>40056362
That's one way to do it. The way I'd do it was to hold the DB out in front of me.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.