[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Injury/recovery thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 20161124_055618.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161124_055618.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>Be a runner
>Doing a 1.5 mile run in 10:40 no problem
>Get drunk in a forest
>Trip on rock
>Pic related happens to ankle
>Wait 2 months and go back to running
>Ankle still kinda swollen
>Back to where I was
>No ankle pain but it makes snapping sounds

Am I going to wreck myself? Should I stop running?
>>
>7 min pace on a mile and a half run
JUST

But seriously OP I broke my ankle in high school and it still snaps and I run 60+ miles per week so you should be fine
>>
Is it painful? Stop
Is it swollen? ICE until swelling is gone
Is it popping? See line 1, if not, go
>>
Broke my ankle in highschool also. Legit could not run again for about a year. Still flares up at times. Injuries sick dick. Take it eaay and if you have pain don't run.
>>
>>40051264
Sounds like you dun fucked a joint up
>>
Get a GOOD physiotherapist. Not kidding, fucked up my ankle when I was 14 playing soccer, didn't heal right, it didn't stabilize right until I went to a physiotherapist and treated it.

Now, I feel my ankle strong and more imporantly, I can play soccer and stuff without thinking that I'm going to injure it again. The psychological part is really shitty when you injure your ankle.
>>
Once broke my ankle on a motorcycle accident
>break ankle
>6 weeks no weight bearing
>cast comes off
>entire right leg muscles are atrophied jelly
>limp for 6 more weeks until muscles are semi-usable
>couldn't run properly for a long time, looked like one of those people who got leg-extension surgery during PT
>years later, everything is healed and strong, still pops loudly once during lateral flexion
Visit a doctor or something though, or it might come back to bite you in the ass years later
>>
File: IMG_0336.jpg (93KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.jpg
93KB, 640x960px
I also wrecked my ankle, pic related, and still have problems with it. Shit sucks senpai
>>
>>40052382
What did you do to yourself
>>
>>40051264
I sprained my ankles three times, I know that feel OP. While you shouldn't strain it too much, you should definitely mobilize it as much as you can if you want to fully recover. That's what I did on the two most recent ones and I was back on my feet much faster.

Anyone here who had a teared labrum or shoulder tendinitis ? I have been resting for a good 2 months now (other than squatting) and while I don't have any pain in day to day activities, as soon as I do any kind of sport, or weird movement I can definitely feel it.
>>
>>40051667
First year physical therapist grad student here...Yeah OP listen to this dude, go see physical therapist to get an evaluation or an orthopedic doctor at the very least. Shit will bite your in the ass years later or will get worse real fast if you run again if not looked at and treated well.
>>
>>40051400
Did you really advise him to run with an ankle like that? This guy needs a damn physical therapist...
>>
File: temp.png (44KB, 225x491px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
44KB, 225x491px
I hurt my back on Friday deadlifting/squatting. I'm not sure which one caused it since I felt fine the whole day until the following morning (I also slept on my gf's bed which always makes me stiff since her bed sucks)

I highlighted where it hurts, not exactly my spine, almost like the top of my left glute / lower back. And my hamstring doesn't hurt, but it feels kinda stiff. Any idea what this might be? I'm holding off on all lower body exercises until it goes away.
>>
>>40051264
Bro wtf that looks pretty fucked
>>
>>40054004
Damn, I have EXACTLY the same pain patterns.
I attribute it to tipping forward at the bottom of the squat.
I'm a tall guy, shit sucks, I need more heel size and stretching, hope my shit is not fucked forever.
>>
>>40054148
I'm not tall (5'10") so I don't know how much height is a factor. I don't think we'll be fucked forever since it's not spinal pain. I've been doing a lot of stretching since Friday and that's been helping.

I'm signing up for yoga classes at my gym to work on it and my flexibility in general, if you can do classes for that I'd recommend it.
>>
>>40054004
Just take it easy for a bit. mine started similar to that and i kept pushing myself at work and something happened one day and i couldnt lift my your legs had to use my hands to lift them into the car i was in that much pain couldnt bend, moving in general hurt. Then I got these pains down my right leg forgot what they call it wasnt so much of a pain but really uncomfortable was a nerve pinched in my back from a buldging disc made sitting in cars hell, deadlifts help fix that tho surprisingly. I was bed ridden for 2 weeks had a needle jab in my back was suppose to go back for scans but never did went back to lifting a few weeks after very light and worked back up. Its taken over a year and now my back feels pretty good again. No deadlifting or Squats tho. Take care of your back. Strengthen your core and do some db rows that seems to have helped me
>>
I bulged my disc in my lower back in October I stopped working out and I'm in physical therapy it seems it's not working but it's only a minimal bulged. Should I attempt to do dumbbell rows would that help my back or should I not workout until it gets better
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.