[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hyperextensions/Back Extensions when doing them, they seem to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 47_2.jpg (15KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
47_2.jpg
15KB, 275x275px
Hyperextensions/Back Extensions

when doing them, they seem to work the back part of my legs quite a bit, is there a way/technique to focus more on the lower back ? i feel like im doing it wrong
>>
I hear you, dawg. I feel them in my legs a ton as well.
>>
>>40051217
looking for alternatives aswell, recovering from back injury and want to start with some of these before deadlifting heavy
>>
I feel them in my lower back and legs, more in the legs
I can barely walk after doing a set of 10 - 15 of these
>>
>>40051217
1) Keep your feet pointed straight
2) Maintain the slightest flex in your knees (you don't want your legs locked and you certainly don't want them bending during the lift up)
3)Concentrate on flexing your lower back as you lift. If you find isolating these muscles difficult try holding a weight. (I use a plate, but depending on the size of your hands, you may like using a dumb bell more)

Happy gains, anon
>>
File: 1332458283609.jpg (127KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1332458283609.jpg
127KB, 960x720px
>>40051217
It depends on how you adjust the cussion to rest your thighs on. The lower it is, the more you will feel it in your hamstrings / lower back.
I've been using this with four sets of max reps as a warm-up routine supersetted with hanging leg raises and it has done wonders for my lower back.
>>
Hold a 25lb plate behind your head. It'll still hit your hamstrings pretty hard but it's a pretty good lower back exercise. Be sure to keep your back straight the whole time.
>>
>>40051275
>>40051283
will try these tips, thanks guys
>>
>>40051217
ur doing it to fast, also try doing Bridges
>>
>>40051217

I found that bending over a little further and stopping the movement lower overall helped me target my lower back almost 100%, instead of feeling it in my legs. I mostly felt my legs stretching after I went past parallel with the floor.
>>
If you have back problems working out your hamstrings will help a lot so keep doing them like that. You are still working out your back.
>>
>>40051217
round back at bottom
hyper extend like a cunt at the top
>>
>>40051217
if you want to hit your lower back you need to bend it harder, so go deeper. id recommend doing it weighted for hammie and glute gainz tho
>>
>>40051283
this
>>
File: 1479604277045.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479604277045.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
>>40052091
>round back at bottom
>hyper extend like a cunt at the top

How to strain your lower back and get injured 101
>>
>>40051217
skip them and do decline back bridges instead. you can add a bit of resistance with a band. longer you hold it the better.
>>
>>40051217
Thats because you're pushing with your heels against the thing to hold yourself in place. Think of a lying leg curl that doesn't move
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.