[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my deadlift so weak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4239.png (675KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4239.png
675KB, 1136x640px
Today marks the my first year of lifting. I am really satisfied with my progress in all areas except for my deadlift.
My deadlift is garbage.
I have posted form videos and got told my form is perfect. I have watched endless instructions on jewtube including from the GOAT deadlifter brian shaw.

When i lift babyweight (anything 1xbw or under) it feels literally weightless when i sit back into the weight... but I still struggle to diddly more than jack shit

Stats:
Bw-185lb
Bench - 225x7
Weighted chin - +50lbx5
Press - 140x5
Row - 190x5
Hip thrust - 385x20 (I ran out of weights and refuse to buy more plates until I can diddly 3pl8)
Deadlift- 285x3

Pls send halp
Can upload form video.
>>
>>40049724

Shaw isn't a guy whose deadlift I'd emulate.

This sort of stuff requires a video to give any strong advice. How much do you squat?
>>
>>40049724
literally try harder

im serious. no way is your deadlift stalling at sub 3pl8 unless your form is fucked, or you don't eat and sleep...
>>
>>40049733
Y-you dont need to squat to deadlift heavy, surely?

I have no squat rack, i do cleans and such from time to time but I don't like when my legs chafe together on a pump - reminds me of when i was fatty.. will take and upload video shortly
>>
>>40049724
maybe because you're bad at deadlifting? just do it more if it bothers you
>>
>>40049756

You don't absolutely need it, but there's carryover (especially from certain squat variations). That's helpful a lot of the time because it lets you do more overall volume than you could get away with just on deadlifts.

Also the quads are kind of useful for deadlifting.
>>
File: reee pepe.jpg (8KB, 296x200px)
reee pepe.jpg
8KB, 296x200px
>tfw squat 345x3
>diddle 405
>bench stuck at 215x1
>>
Where exactly are you failing?
>>
>>40049724
because you stay up too late shitposting on /fit/

get some sleep and eat more protons
>>
>>40049746
Honestly this. Clear your head and just pick the fucking bar up. I hit 3pl8 within my first month, and that was when I was 6'4 190lbs
>>
https://vid.me/Rhwg
Loose shirt makes me look faaat af
Promise I am not
>>40049746
It boggles my mind too, but why then are my other lifts going up if eating/sleeping is the problem.

Believe me I have no problem pushing myself.
>>40049775
How frequently would you recommend deadlifting?
>>
>>40049801
I work overnights, this is my morning, i get tons of sleep
>>40049807
Fuck you nigger i would if my little bitch ass could
>>
>>40049724
Because you are a weak human bean.
any more weight and your genetically inferior spine would snap.

Kidding, when was the last time you took a rest week/de-load?
>>
>>40049843
nobody gives a fuck if you look fat stop whining

put 305 on and have your buddy tkae a vid of you trying that. if you hit it take a minute andn then go for 3pl8 and take a video of that

i want to see you fail, fucker. push yourself
>>
>>40049866
Just coming off a deload, my first deadlift session back from it is right now

Aiming for 280 for at least a triple.
Video above was 225 warm up
>>
>>40049843

I'd lose the rolling start for now. It looks like you're not getting sufficiently tight (particularly through the upper back/lats) and the bar looked like it was getting behind where it should be at the start thanks to the roll + you not getting back onto your heels enough.

It's still quite a light lift though. Dunno what a workset would be like.
>>
File: 1371099133746.jpg (27KB, 590x322px) Image search: [Google]
1371099133746.jpg
27KB, 590x322px
>>40049865
>I would if I could
Quit making excuses. I just checked my notes and I was wrong, the first time I hit 3pl8 was on 1/18/2016 and weighed in at 182.1. Stop rolling it, stop psyching yourself out, just walk up to the bar and pick it up. 1 rep 285 / 295 / 305 / 315 just fucking do it.
>>
>>40049881
Maybe a rest week. Some people just need more rest for their CNS.

Also Lose the rolling start, your upper back/lats don't look engaged at all.
Also your hamstrings look weak. Hence the shaking once they take any of the weight.
>>
>>40049976
My deloads are basically rest weeks, and i took an extra 3 days because I didn't quite feel recovered after 7

I literally just do babyweight barbell complexes for cardio and mobility drills and practice oly lifts with and empty bar.. not even real lifting on a deload.

Recovery is not the issue, I am just a weak little bitch who needs to stop being a weak little bitch.. but how?
>>
>>40049976
>hip thrust 4pl8
>weak hamstring
Hip thrust has more hamstring engagement then squats
>>
>>40050007
I mean a REST WEEK. No weight period.
Also eat more, maybe re-time your pre-workout meal.
And set a linear goal. 1lbs per workout if you have to.
>>
>>40049746
See I have the opposite problem.
Diddly 305x3
OHP 105x5
Rows 135x10
No bench, much pushup

Stalling hard, but I'm a chef who doesn't sleep or eat. Lifts have been feeling weak bros, is it really as simple as more food and rest? Been lifting pretty regularly for 6 months.
6'1'
198lbs
>>
https://vid.me/0bI9
275lb without rolling it.
My shoulders are too far forward, and my shins aren't vertical. I couldn't sit back into the deadlift and get my hips all the way tight. I feel this is almost entirely due to not rolling it
Felt too heavy for a warm up.. still going to add 5lb and go for a pr
>>40050037
All of my other lifts are progressing like fuck.
I don't think recovery is an issue.
>>
>>40050062
I would almost trade problems except i like having stronk ohp.

Grills get wet when you ohp then.

Trannies are harder because they can weigh 150-175lb, but you can usually do a bit of push press and nobody notices
>>
Here it is, my maximal effort and pathetic PR
https://vid.me/uBr3

280x3
Barely fucking got it
Could not have done a single rep or pound more...

Why is this?
What the fuck is wrong with me?
Can someone help?
>>
>>40050186

are you able to angle your body lower? it seems like the lever from your hips is gigantic
>>
>>40049843
Allright, listen here: your ass is WAY to hpowh at the start of the movement. You're not sitting back properly and not loading your posterior chain at all, this is probably due to your proportions (legs/torso ratio) so I would advise you to do sumo instead of conventional (I had the same problem, helped me a lot) and learn how to REALLY load your posterior chain.
To do the latter you have to do this: get in position, take a good breath in and start to pull the bar as you sit back, you have to be pulling like 70% of the weight and feel your hams/glutes being activated. At this point you lift the weight, don't yank the bar, lift smoothly and accelerate once the bar ledt the ground.

Also, do more abs/lower back work like ab roll, good morning, hyperextensions... They will help

t.fat powerlifter
>>
>>40050264
>>40050263
I will work on getting my hips lower..
Any tips besides sumo?
I eat ass but I dont eat ass if you naw meen
>>
>>40050325
Dude you're most likely not made to pull conventional, accept your fate
>>
>>40050325
the other guy already said the important thing

the reason why people do that roll technique is to load hamstrings/glutes/etc. its like youre trying to sit down but you're pulling on the bar so that you dont fall. once you feel 'loaded' you pull
>>
>>40049756
add some barbell hack squats. not machine hack squats. barbell hack squats.
>>
>>40049724
I have the same problem. My deadlift sucks, other lifts are decent.
>>
>>40049756
Barbell hack squats and front squats
Clean into the front squats
>>
How do I stop my upper back from folding
>>
>>40050900
Shrugs, pendaly row, rear delt fly's.
General upper back stuff.
>>
>>40050325
Fuck the people saying do sumo. Do conventional if you want to, just work on using your leverages better. From what little I can tell from that 280x3 video you aren't engaging lats properly, your shoulders are too far forward meaning the bar is too close to you and that's unbalancing you and causing less posterior chain activation. You're no where near tight enough when you start the pull, partly because you're rocking or rolling the weight or doing something else with the weight before you start the lift. Your set up is bad basically and it's fucking with the mechanics of the lift. Also pull the weight from a dead-stop. What you're doing in that 280 vid is touch and go, and those are much easier than dead-stop deads because you don't have to keep breaking inertia.
Here's what I'd say you have to do to fix your form issues. Stop rocking around your body when you're setting up. Flex the chest up once you have a grip on the bar. Cut the slack from the bar so your arms are taut then get the lats, core, traps and chest as tight as possible. Touch your shins to the bar and get your posterior chain and quads as tight as you can get them. Now initiate the pull. The deadlift is a full body movement, everything should be as tight as you can get it. Do that for every rep.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.