[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fit/ finally deciding to start going to the gym, but i am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1429665257950.png (107KB, 573x836px)
1429665257950.png
107KB, 573x836px
hey /fit/ finally deciding to start going to the gym, but i am scared of being a big autist

what is some gym etiquette so I dont sperg/annoy other people by doing things i dont know i shouldnt be doing
>>
>put your shit back after you're done
>wipe down equipment after use
>don't work out extremely close to someone
>don't block someone's mirror view
>don't try to lift more weight than you can handle
>you must know how to use everything beforehand, don't learn from the shitty labels
>don't try to pick up girls

gl bro
>>
>>40047147
Just remember, nobody gives a shit about you, you are too small to even see. So get your ass in the gym and get big my man. DONT let fear of judgment stop you.
>>
Dont use a smith machine for olympic lifts, use dumbbells until you can barbell bench at least a plate, dont curl in the squat rack, wipe off the equipment after use.
>>
don't forget to tip the receptionist
>>
>>40047147
Just go to a small gym and talk to the powerlifter spergs and they will teach you. This is what I did and now I'm big and strong.
>>
>>40047233
its not the judgement, its more the fear of being "that guy" without knowing that I am being "that guy" and inadvertently causing a shit time for everyone
>>
more of a consideration than a necessity but: shower and deodorise before you lift.

You're in an enclosed space with lots of people, it's a lot more pleasant if you're not bombarded with someone else's funk when you're trying to lift.
>>
>>40047147
>Always tip your receptionist. Don't be one of the noobs that just walks out like some kind of autist.
>Ignore 99% of the advice on this board. It's broscience and trolls
>Stretch for at least half an hour before lifting
>If getting changed make sure you stare and hold eye contact with others getting changed, avoiding eye contact makes people think you're secretly checking them out like a fag
>>
Read the sticky. Also >>40047210 and you should be good. Basically do your workout without getting in the way of other people's workouts.
>>
>>40047147
>tip the receptionist
>leave all your weights on the floor after you're done with it so fellow gym-goers can get extra gains by putting them back
>don't warm up with the empty bar; it's bad for the bar
>>
>>40047147
>the squat rack is for arm curls
>tip the receptionist
>stay hydrated! drink water after each set
>ask people to check your form, big guys enjoy being mentors
>never wear clothes in the sauna unless you want to look like a cuck
>slamming weights is normal and recommended
>tip the receptionist on the way out if you really want to get in good
>ask people if they're "feeling fit?"
>most importantly never rerack your weights unless you want to telegraph how beta you are
>>
>>40047147
Just use common sense and you should be good. Also, seriously don't be that dick who doesn't tip the receptionist.
>>
>>40047210
This covers everything, except
>if youre fat tuck in your shirt so no one has to see it.

Dont fall for the rest of the posts theyre memes
>>
>>40047210
This is bait, don't listen to him OP
>>
>>40047210

This.
>>
>>40047251
I can't empty bar quat paralell. I don't have proper mobility and I tip over

I smith squat cause it gives me a deeper ROM

> everybody always stares at me
>>
>>40047303
> eat as much hot spicy food before going to the gym.
> wear your week old sweat soaked workout clothes
> don't wear deodorant

t. every paieet at my gym
>>
>>40048411
>stay hydrated! drink water after each set

I already do this. is it bad?
nigga I get thirsty wtf am I supposed to do
>>
Bamp
>>
>>40047251
>Dont use a smith machine for olympic lifts
What is this retard saying how would anyone even attempt to do that?
>>
>>40049306
Don't listen to these memeing retards they don't know waht the fuck they're saying. Drink as much as you like.
>>
File: 1483560385127.jpg (37KB, 604x449px) Image search: [Google]
1483560385127.jpg
37KB, 604x449px
>>40047210
>wipe down equipment

I never understood this. I have good hygiene and am not a fat fuck so I don't sweat over everything.

Even so why the fuck would it matter? You're there to get dirty and sweaty just take a shower after the gym faggot.
>>
>>40051167
lmao you got him
>>
>>40051230
Nobody does this except at cardio-machines
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.