[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Protein Powders flavor review

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: pGNC1-20575549dt.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pGNC1-20575549dt.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
Post your favorite Flavors. I've been sticking mostly to Gold based on review and word of mouth.
Rocky Road- has an almond finish, like marzipan. Not my fave but tolerable.

Cookies & Cream - tolerable in water, slightly better in milk. Tedious if I have it twice in a row.

Mint Chocolate- More mint than chocolate. Like above, OK if I dont have it too often (ie, daily)

Chocolate Milk- best flavor I've tried so far, probably in that its the hardest flavor to fuck up. Good in water, and tastes like a fucking treat in milk.

Got Vanilla on order (why is that flavor more expensive) and I am terrified to try their fruit flavors. I wish they had just a plain peanut butter flavor.
>>
File: puker.jpg (68KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
puker.jpg
68KB, 640x640px
>>40040469
>in water
>>
I have tried these 2 ON gold standard whey flavors (all in milk, fuck water):

mocha cappuccino:
tastes really good, in between coffee flavor and milk chocolate

coffee:
probably my fav of the two, kinda tastes like a starbucks coffee drink. i like it more especially because its "naturally" flavored instead "naturally and artificially" flavored like mocha cappuccino. you taste the slightly less artificially taste
>>
>>40040681
This
>>
I always do chocolate milkshake and ice coffee flavors, i love the ice coffee but i dont want to spoil it by drinking it only
>>
File: 91VmP3p9lSL._SL1500_.jpg (295KB, 998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91VmP3p9lSL._SL1500_.jpg
295KB, 998x1500px
Double Rich Chocolate

Will never get sick of this flavor. No need to try any other flavor. Always in whole milk. Tastes fucking amazing.
>>
>>40040469
Vanilla is GOAT. You can basically mix it with everything and it still tastes good.
>>
File: FAirlife-milk-1.jpg (19KB, 554x466px) Image search: [Google]
FAirlife-milk-1.jpg
19KB, 554x466px
I try to keep the milk to once per day, and use this for the added protein.
>>
>>40040469
Anything by Magnum Quattro is a great tasting high quality isolate. BPI snickerdoodle and strawberry and Cream are great as well in both milk and water.
>>
>>40040971
im curious, why once per day?
>>
>>40040967
I bought this one for the first time this month (i normally get vanilla). Do you not find that it's quite thick? I always get small chunks in my shake. I never have this problem with the vanilla one. I mix with water btw.
>>
>>40040967
This flavor is great its the only powder I've found that tastes good in both milk and water.
>>
>>40041031
You're not shaking it enough if you still have chunks. They will break up in about 30s-1 min of shaking.
>>
>>40041031
I've never had a problem. I use a shaker. Not one of those with a little ball in there or anything, just a big one with plenty of room for the stuff to slosh around inside and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
>>
>>40041030
1. Calories
2. The Milk just sits in my gut like a fucking brick if I drink it more than once per day.
>>
File: promixx-isolated-2.jpg (515KB, 1238x2178px) Image search: [Google]
promixx-isolated-2.jpg
515KB, 1238x2178px
>>40041031
I got one of these for Xmas. The propeller bit doesn't look like much, but it completely mixes the shake, no lumps, by the time I close the powder and put it away.
>>
>that one time i ordered unflavoured soy protein

Never again
>>
Any experiences with strawberry? Seems like it could be good for fruit shakes and smoothies

Also
>in water
>>
File: IMG_9238.jpg (113KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9238.jpg
113KB, 500x500px
Jym blows ON out of the water. Taste better in water or milk.

I've had Chocolate Mousse, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Red Velvet Cake.

CM is by far the best. I found myself wanting to make those shakes, just because. MCC is alright, but can taste like mint water. It's refreshing if nothing else. RVC was disappointing, but still taste perfectly fine. I was expecting a richer taste.
>>
>>40040469

For Gold Standard White Chocolate is the best flavor to use in water.

I don't use milk since I'm on a cut atm.
>>
File: Capture.png (240KB, 328x392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
240KB, 328x392px
I bought MET-Rx vanilla on amazon a few months back because it was super cheap compared to Gold. I blend it in water with some cocoa powder flax seeds. It was 5g of added sugar per serving which isn't ideal, but I only have 1 shake a day post-workout so I don't mind the simple carbs.
>>
>>40041718
Thanks m8, was searching for a cheaper whey
>>
Vanilla with milk, banana, peanut butter and ice in the vitamix. It's a goddamn milkshake. Add espresso for xtra boost
>>
>>40041604
Yikes, and I thought Gold was pricey... damn, I'll have to hunt for a sale.
>>
>>40041502
Strawberry is surprisingly good in water, and damn good in milk. The only issue is that the strawberry flavor is kinda subtle
>>
File: youraveragefitizen.jpg (23KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
youraveragefitizen.jpg
23KB, 300x262px
>falling for the whey protein meme
>not consuming a mixture of hemp, rice and pea protein

enjoy your cancer, osteoporosis and pimples
>>
>>40041604
This. I prefer drinking chocolate cookie crunch or whatever to the point where I look forward to it. Tastes fucking delicious in water or milk.

Very pricey though.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.