[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i fix lower back pain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_4605.jpg (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4605.jpg
20KB, 200x200px
how do i fix lower back pain?
>>
Go back in time and stop slouching and sitting for your whole life.
>>
>>40037552

Stop lifting with shitty form.
>>
>>40037591
This. Currently suffering due to leaning back on push presses. Fix form, prevent injury.
>>
>>40037583
This.
>>
>tfw all that time lifting in the gym
>all that time I could've injured myself
>fucked my back playing with my dog

Kek me
>>
>>40037591
i only do bench press OHP, bicep curl and tricep extension. I can't see any of those hurting my back.
>>
>>40037622
>OHP can't hurt my back

You're literally using your lower back muscles to stabilise yourself as you hold a heavy barbell over your head.
>>
>>40037552
This depends on what's causing the pain. I have a shitty back (bulging disc and slipped disc from soccer) but I have mitigated all the pain by stretching and working on mobility, then focusing on muscles to stabilise your lower spine like back extensions, (light) deadlifts, planks, leg raises, etc.
I would work on that if I was you. Drop all the weight on your lifts until you are pain free, then slowly work your way back up. Emphasis in slowly, when you go too heavy and your backs not ready you will undo the last month's work.

Good luck faggot.
>>
>>40037627
interesting. i did not think of that. thank you
>>
>>40037622
Ohp can. I fucked my lower back up start of last year slipped a disc. It's only just started getting better. My advice work abs and back, avoid squats and deadlifts, slightest slip up with these will fuck your shit up again.

Ive found db rows to help and occasionally back extensions. Stretch go down and touch your toes and hold it also put your hands on the back of your calves and kinda pull yourself down towards your legs. Stretches the lower back out heaps.

Good luck with it
>>
>>40037552

Fix your form

Breathe through your stomach and brace your core

Do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkwxZhwltU
>>
>>40037613
Sounds like it was only a matter of time. You're probably lifting with not the best form, going too heavy and not stretching.

I fucked my back up sneezing.
>>
>>40037552
If it's age related you can try strengthening your lower back muscles with good mornings/core work. Otherwise stretching in the morning and rotations throughout the day has gotten rid of it for me, mostly.
>>
>>40037552
DDP Yoga

FEEL THE BANG!
>>
Walking around is a surefire remedy for a sore back.
>>
>>40037552
Honestly, nothing has helped my back pain more than yoga.
>>
>>40037622
OHP can hurt your back if you have poor shoulder mobility. You may be compensating by leaning back. Do a couple shoulder mobility tests to see if that might be an issue.
>>
>>40037552
I heard roids and dnp can fix back issues
>>
> hurt my back deadlifting
> take 8 months off of anything that uses lower back
> try deadlifting again, pain is back instantly

is it possible to permanently fuck your lower back up?
>>
>>40038011

No, but it's possible to have shit mobility and decrepit movement patterns that deadlifting is always going to fuck you
>>
>>40037622
What kind of shit workout is that
>>
>>40037959
Leaning back is what fucked my back. My shoulder mobility is fine, I was just an uneducated fuckhead. I've learnt my lesson.
>>
>>40037552
Hang upside down, decompression will help>>40037552
>>
back extensions
>>
>>40037622
>i only do bench press OHP, bicep curl and tricep extension
have fun destroying your back.
>>
>>40037552

Take some vitamin C
>>
Strengthen it

I have no where near as much lower back pain or stiffness since I started deadlifting
>>
Long term fix: better form, do more back exercises
Short term: buy a belt
>>
>>40037552
Squats and deadlifts with good form fixed mine. Haven't had back pain in years.

http://startingstrength.com/video
Watch videos link
>>
>>40037552
PHYSIOTHERAPY OR CHIROPRACTIC TRUST ME MY BACK PAIN WAS JUST FIXED 3 DAYS AGO I FEEL AMAZING.
>>
https://youtu.be/4BOTvaRaDjI

You're welcome.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
Not OP but I squat 140kg and recently started deadlifts and did bent over rows for the first time today with just 40kg and my lower back was fucked after 5x6

Are my lats just really weak or is my form shit if I'm feeling lower back pain in BO Row?
>>
>>40037552
stop spending so much time on the internet you degenerate fuck
>>
>>40037552
Tense your core more on OHP if you're leaning back at all.

I once strained the connective tissue in my back because of this and couldn't lift for a week until it healed.
>>
>>40037552
stop being a shitter and go to a chiropractor, try to go to one that doesn't do mumbo jumbo shit good luck
>>
>>40040376
just to clarify this is short term, long term do core shit if the chiro doesn't already tell you to
>>
>fell 4 deadlift meme
>>
File: Lacrosse-Ball-Massage.jpg (34KB, 350x370px) Image search: [Google]
Lacrosse-Ball-Massage.jpg
34KB, 350x370px
I can manage lower back pain pretty well and I squat 5 days a week up to no less than 85% of my max. I use a foamroller, lacrosse ball and an inversion table. I really believe thats all anyone needs.
>>
>>40037552
Just started lifting last month. 2nd session I hurt my back and ws worried I had a hernia from fucking up a deadlift, couldn't squat or dl for a week.

I went away and read/watched stuff on form, came back and started lifting again. What >>40037640 said is exactly it, brace your core and clench those glutes!

Weirdly I noticed my back pain would go away during a work out, and then gradually come back. After a month the pain was gone entirely and I've been fine since

TL;DR fix your form dude
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qmo4zLxCw

Keep lifting with good form and it will go away eventually, 90% of the population expierences back pain and 99% of the time it is non specific and will go away on its own. Properly loading the spine through squats and deadlifts are one of the few things you can do to help. Do not stop lifting as this will lead to a longer experience with the pain.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEn61BL4Nwk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAoEhp4p0Zs&t=294s

This helped me.
In short, my core and hamstrings were to weak for my back.
>>
File: 3942852.jpg (128KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
3942852.jpg
128KB, 1200x900px
>tweak lower back moving fuckhuge boat trailer last spring
>re-aggravate it every 2 months when I think it's finally gone

I wish I could go back in time and not fuck with that fucking boat trailer.
>>
File: 1484274410934.jpg (33KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
1484274410934.jpg
33KB, 629x505px
>herniated disc
>tfw can't ded
>can't squat
>can't row
>can't ohp heavy weight

Just kill me.
>>
>>40037552
This bitch both sets my blood and my dick on fire. Like, I want to rape her in rage, but also cuddle with her.

Fuck...
>>
>>40046145
>tfw no jewish mommy gf to brutally fuck the sjw indoctrination out of
>>
File: 1459023932429.webm (684KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
1459023932429.webm
684KB, 400x222px
>>40046155
Literally no other SJW shitposters makes me THIS fucking mad. What makes it worse is I actually think the cunt is really cute. I genuinely hate this.

>mfw
>>
File: 1457483545170.png (84KB, 930x721px) Image search: [Google]
1457483545170.png
84KB, 930x721px
>>40045918
Me too.
>>
constipation can cause lower back pain that could be some of what you're experiencing.
>>
>>40037622
>I dont train my back AT ALL
>why do I have back pain

jesus dude you have disbalances, probably forward shoulder posture and your OHP is fucking your lower back because your back is so fucking weak.
>>
>>40037627
>You're literally using your lower back muscles to stabilise yourself as you hold a heavy barbell over your head.

> OP lifts heavy
>>
>>40037622
Squats m9. Squats. Do them. Unless you tell me you're sitting on a weelchair there's no reason for no squats. It will solve your back problems if you give it time.
>>
lay on your stomach and press your torso up while keeping your crotch on the floor
>>
I had chronic neck and back pain all my life. I started doing deadlifts a year ago. I have no longer have any neck or back pain. This shit is truly magical.
>>
>>40037552
um, you don't just fix lower back pain sweetie
>>
File: ENOUGH.jpg (55KB, 679x631px) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH.jpg
55KB, 679x631px
>>40046501
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.