[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

college fitizens?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I've been in college for seven years and there's no end in sight, any of you all drop out of college or just plain not go?
>>
File: Tommy-Boy.jpg (47KB, 560x344px) Image search: [Google]
Tommy-Boy.jpg
47KB, 560x344px
"You know, lots of people go to college for seven years."
"I know. They're called doctors."
>>
>>40036822
Got my bachelors in four years. What the hell are you doing?
>>
2½ years and ½ to go

what the fuck mate
>>
>>40036822
I dropped. College is a fucking joke unless you're in STEM. Otherwise you're wasting your time. I've held a "corporate" office job for 6 years now that "requires" a degree. It's a bunch of bullshit.

The majority of the workforce is "who you know", not what you know. And a paper doesn't change that.
>>
>>40036870
>>40036892
I have debilitating anxiety so I've changed my major a lot and have had many semesters that were less than full time. I also just now had to transfer after an especially bad breakdown and a lot of my credits aren't being taken for requirements here
>>
>>40036894
damn, that sounds pretty great, what do you do?
>>
>>40036894
>implying college degree isn't the equivalent of a high school diploma
yeah it's a bunch of bullshit because you don't have a degree, failanon. If you did you probably wouldn't be doing bullshit as a profession.
>>
>>40036971
>implying you aren't a wageslave no matter what to do
>implying any of us will ever make it to the top
>implying we won't all just die anyway
>>
>>40036920
Do whatever you can to wrap that shit up.

Look at it this way: if you end up not getting your degree, you will have wasted all those years outright. If you get a degree, you will have salvaged some of that time and effort and got something out of it.

I'm one for "cutting losses," but here the loss would be not getting the degree.
>>
>>40037084
Yeah, I can definitely see the value in doing that, but it would be at least 2 and a half more years, living with my parents in a place that I absolutely hate with no friends because of the overall brain drain of this podunk oklahoma town
>>
>>40036934
I work Finance for University of Phoenix.
>>40036971
I mean, whatever dude. The point was is that a College Degree doesn't actually mean anything if you know the right people. It doesn't show that you "know" anything. It doesn't show anything more than you meet the vague standard of credentials for whatever job. It's why so many jobs don't even care what degree you have. Just that you have one. If that isn't a red flag to you, then you're not thinking enough. But sure, I'm a failure because I have a job that allows me to live how I want to. Hope you enjoy paying off that sweet tuition, or enjoyed mooching off the state for those sweet grants because you couldn't manage without. Way to set that higher standard.
>>
File: Mac-Demarco-2-by-Kiera-McNally.jpg (161KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Mac-Demarco-2-by-Kiera-McNally.jpg
161KB, 1440x810px
I went to community college for a year
Then I transferred to a shitty state college
Went there for two years
>took a summer intnernship in a different state, liked it so much I stayed and worked for 8 months then reapplied to a really good school in the area and was accepted
now I work barely and go to school at the age of 23
>i have a good work ethic and really enjoy what i am studying now
>my room if comfy and i dont have a lot to worry about
>enjoying my time here because I know I'll have to work hard soon

also you have to study what you like. It is the only way. I switched my major two times and now I'm on the third and final

you need to finish regardless, I'm on year four and I feel like an idiot (maybe year five if you count the 8 month gap.)
>>
>>40036894
Eh. If you're providing professional services like a lawyer, accountant, architect, engineer, doctor, etc. you need to go to university and get a degree. Those tend to give the most bang for your buck.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.