[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Edema

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: edema[1].jpg (36KB, 610x552px) Image search: [Google]
edema[1].jpg
36KB, 610x552px
Do compression socks actually help with edema (foot swelling)? It seems like they'd still be too loose.

I recently had a medication change that has caused a lot of swelling in my feet, and I'd like to keep it from stretching the skin and causing other issues, so I'm looking into compression socks.

Is there any specific type of socks I should look for? A specific brand anyone can recommend?
>>
>>40033355
I can help you with enema.
>>
>>40033355
UGHHH
WTF IS WRONG WITH THAT FOOT
>>
You're on a medication that causes one of the symptoms of heart failure?
>>
>>40033408
It's a corticosteroid.
>>
Average American McDonalds ridden foot
>>
>>40033990
There's a difference between fat and water. If it's water, you can push on it and it will leave a dent for a few seconds.
>>
>>40033355
Compression socks can be bought in medical supply stores, in varying degrees of compression. IIRC, they go from 10-20mmHg up to 35-45mmHg. Common athletic store ones may not provide enough compression, depending on the severity of your edema. But properly fitting compression stockings should never be loose.
There should be someone on staff who can help you select the right type for you. A prescription shouldn't be required, but it's possible (though unlikely) that you can get insurance to cover some of the cost if you do get one.
>>
>>40033487
Compression and elevation are your best friends. Get the socks, doesn't matter what kind as long as they are compression. Also: when you sleep try putting a pillow under your feet to get them elevated.
>>
Talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for Lasix. Compression socks do help, though lasix will also be a way to lessen the water release into the tissue
>>
>>40035528
Came here to post this. Furosemide, combined with compression socks and elevating your feet whenever possible will almost certainly solve your problem, OP. But be prepared to piss a lot.
>>
Unless this is acute edema caused by a non heart /diabetic problem I would imagine that it would just push the swelling up further
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.