[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I be taking a multivitamin? If so, what would /fit/ recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1481966574732.jpg (70KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481966574732.jpg
70KB, 720x960px
Should I be taking a multivitamin? If so, what would /fit/ recommend
>>
No it's best to research individual vitamins and minerals in your diet to understand what you may be lacking as well as the benefits of each one then supplement based off of that info. Better yet ask a doctor what you need.

Multis are bad because they almost always contain lesser bioavailable form of supplement and in a nonsensical amount. Furthermore some supps are best consumed at conflicting times of day and with food or on empty stomach.
>>
>>40030095
Fuck that, there's way too many of them for that shit. Just get a general adult multivitamin and take additional vitamin D, zinc, and whatever you aren't getting enough of through food (e.g. if you are lactose-intolerant then take a calcium supplement, fiber if you don't eat enough grains, etc.)

Of course, you need to eat well on top of that.
>>
>>40029937
H-how did he get in there?
>>
>>40030176
If you're eating well "on top of that" there's absolutely no need whatsoever for a multi. The average diet is only deficient in a few supps that are hard to obtain dietarily such as vit d3, for example which should only be taken in low sun conditions or if your genetics can't absorb effectively from the sun.

And again, multis contain poor forms of supps, in nonsensical amounts and in conflicting consumption manner which is why studies routinely show no benefit to taking them unless you live in a 3rd world country.
>>
>>40030269
I don't know about you, but things happen in my life that make it difficult to eat the exact same things at the same times every day, and having a multivitamin will give you peace of mind if for some reason you can't get home to eat your fifth serving of chicken rice and vegetable slurry. The worst thing that could happen is that your body will get rid of any excessive vitamins through your piss and shit.
>>
These. Make sure you take a whole food vitamin as they are much more effective than synthetic ones.
>>
>>40030345
You don't need to eat the same every day. RDA's are created assuming an imperfect existence. And that's not how supps works. They build up and you can go without for varying periods of time. There's literally no point in taking a multi unless you have an exceedingly poor diet and live in a region where food is extremely difficult to obtain in which case I'd seriously doubt you'd have internet access to be reading this right now.
>>
File: 110930-P21306.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
110930-P21306.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>40029937
>If so, what would /fit/ recommend
These
>>
>>40030387
There are plenty of vitamins are hard to get from food though. I just don't understand why anyone wouldn't take a multi, it's not like they're expensive and then you don't have to worry about having your bases covered. It's like insurance.
>>
Multivitamins are useless as your body requires specific vitamins and minerals at specific times of the day. Taking it all at once is a waste.
>>
>>40030461
>There are plenty of vitamins are hard to get from food though
No just like I said only a few vitamins and minerals are hard to obtain dietarily.

The "cover your bases" is just code word for stupid and lazy and it doesn't work that way either so you're not getting any benefit from it.
>>
>>40030479
>Multivitamins are useless as your body requires specific vitamins and minerals at specific times of the day
broscience
>>
>>40029937
>tfw no manlet bf to store in a cabinet
>>
>>40030502
It's true that some supps are best consumed at certain times of the day like Magnesium for example could be taken at night for its sleep benefits whereas when taken at day you'd miss out.

Also some minerals compete with others so taking them together nullifies the benefit.

Some are best taken on empty stomach some with food but not both so you lose out on eficiency of not doing one or the other.

Some lesser bioavailable forms of supps can actually be detrimental like calcium carbonate for example.

You could be getting too much of some vitamins and minerals which can also be bad.

Ultimately multis are retarded and should be avoided unless your doctor suggests that you do.
>>
>>40030608
>more rediculous broscience
You should not be giving nutritional advice to anyone for any reason until you get your facts straight, kid, because you really don't know what you're talking about. That's why you don't make any gains.

Oh and by the way if we all did only what 'doctors' told us to do, we'd all be skinnyfat DYELs with no gains, on antidepressants our whole lives, and never accomplish anything.
>>
>>40030646
Yeah you keep spouting broscience, we get it, now get out.
>>
>>40030685
Has it occurred to you that the reason vitamin supplements don't do anything for you, is that you're so weak and don't train hard enough for them to make a difference? You're not pushing yourself enough to actually need them?

Post your current body pic WITH TIMESTAMP to prove you don't need vitamin supplements. I know you won't because you're obviously a DYEL troll, possibly FAT.
>>
>>40030731
I take several supplements based on exactly what I told you and they do exactly what I want. You choose to be retarded so have fun with your placebo multi.
>>
>these multivitamins really do work
said nobody ever
>>
File: 20170115_201640.jpg (3MB, 4750x2230px) Image search: [Google]
20170115_201640.jpg
3MB, 4750x2230px
this is what i take. according to myfitnesspal my diet is really low in calcium because i dont drink milk and also i never go outside(hence the vit D). dont need the fiber but i did keto last year and they let me poop more than once a week then and i haven't finished the bottle. the most expensive is £~7 /60 days if i remember to take them everyday.
>>
Full of autsim. You're going to still stay ugly.
>>
File: apak.jpg (60KB, 624x821px) Image search: [Google]
apak.jpg
60KB, 624x821px
Animal Pak
>>
>>40029937
My doc said they were a BS waste of money. Only reccomended fish oil (if not eating fish) and d3 (if never going outside).

Just got a d3 level drawn because fuck it, will see where im at.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.