[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rugby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

>take 6 months off to concentrate on powerlifting
>decide to play again
>endurance has gone to shit although I'm much stronger
What type of cardio should I do to increase fitness? should i do HIIT or something else to optimise endurance and minimise weight loss
>>
>>40024792
That man is a giant
>>
>>40024792
Doesn't Rugby have specific conditioning routines that you do as a team?

Football does, you can just google football conditioning drills and do those. They require cones at most really just markers, you could use rocks.
>>
The best thing you can do for base endurance is just run. Go for a couple of distance runs a week in addition to training/matches, and keep up lifting obviously
>>
File: hooper.jpg (30KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
hooper.jpg
30KB, 650x366px
thank fuck you made this thread

I'm doing stronglifts, I have rugby (preseason) training on tuesday and thursdays and when the season starts, matches on saturday.

Currently stronglifting on monday/wed/fri so that means legs are sore as fuck from squatting on training days. Should I shift the routine so training is after lifting so I've still got glycogic acid or whatever it is running in my muscles?

Also, is there some three-days-a-week PPL routine so I can shove all leg work onto saturday as far away as possible from all preseason trainings considering the stress on upper body from training is relatively low?

One last question, I should be doing 5 reps for strength but then accessories of ~15 reps for muscular endurance during matches, right? I don't really feel tired at the end of lifting sessions.

>Tfw lost all conditioning and endurance after I started bulking and lifting properly
same boat as you, finding it really difficult to get cardio in, hopefully training should get shit together

>>40024823
yeah i fucken reckon hey
>>
>>40025377
OP here
My training consists of powerlifting and just seeking to become strong but also flexible, fast and just all round fit. My endurance has just been lagging so keep lifting heavy, get bigger, stronger and just try to become a better athlete all round
>>
>>40025234
I'm simply trying to improve my fitness level, not working on fancy footwork or anything just want to be able to run for longer. Also Football players have fuck all endurance so taking a leaf outta their book would be retarded
>>
>>40025462
Do some conjugate method shit, and cardio and hiit twice a day and some long run once
>>
>>40025490
every day? for real?

you don't think this is overtraining?
>>
>>40025507
>he fell for the overtraining meme
>rich piano said it was fake therefore you're wrong
>>
>>40025507
>Overtraining
What are you Australian
NO
>>
>>40025536
yeah im australian
>>
>>40024792
can crossfit teach me how to fly like this
>>
>>40025595
yell and keep yourself in the air via anger alone
>>
Start on one dead ball line, run the length of the pitch doing an up-down at every line. Very important to be able to get up off the floor and sprint off especially if you're a forward.
>>
>>40025622
>playing forward

yeah let me just sign up to a car crash's worth of injuries every match also i'm a fat prop and can run 10 meters :(
>>
>>40025585
"Australian"
I bet you vote greens
>>
>>40025490
That is not healthy, and will slow your progress. You need to give your body more time to recover, heal properly, so you can push it harder and accomplish more next time. Same principle as a deload week.

Military fag here. Not special forces but I know how special forces trains, and the free running classes we are encouraged to take explain all this.

>"But I do it and it works just fine"
>"Muh superior viking ethos! Nebber gib up :^)"

I believe, you believe it works just fine. You'd get better results doing it right.
>>
>>40025629
i voted for andrew wilkie
>>
>>40025638
>Overtraning
Implying annon is a high enough level to overtrain
>>
Indoor rowing. It's low impact on your joints, set the drag factor to 110 and incorporate low intensity steady state workouts into your training.
>>
>>40025694
do you mean the cable row machine?
>>
File: concept2%20model%20d%203[1].jpg (113KB, 1400x934px) Image search: [Google]
concept2%20model%20d%203[1].jpg
113KB, 1400x934px
>>40025710
nigga...
>>
How about doing sprints on the days that you lift? Rugby is more sprinting than endurance if I am correct?

Monday: 100m sprints, walk back to start for recovery. Increase reps as you develop your endurance.

Wednesday: Maybe hill sprints?

Friday: Some light longer duration cyckling

That is assuming you lift on M/W/F so it leaves more time for recovery. Obviously make the workouts harder when you progress (Make 100s 200s or decrease rest time). Just keep it easy enough so you can recover from your lifting.
>>
>>40025638

Care to give some examples of how the sf train? Also which country are you from?
>>
>>40025682
>high enough level to overtrain
you don't have to be at a high level to over train, I was over training in my first year, if only I knew the symptoms earlier, could have saved myself months
>>
>>40025377
Have a look at westside for skinny bastards. Version 2 looks like it fits your schedule best.

https://www.defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part2/

Depending on how new you are to weights you might want to replace the strength upperbody movement with 3x5 rather then a max 1x5.

So I'd do something like:
Monday: high rep upper
Tuesday: conditioning
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: conditioning
Friday: max effort upper
Saturday: lower
Sunday: some more conditoning, or kettlebell swings, jumps, whatever
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.