[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fat percentage and gains.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: fatpercentage.jpg (43KB, 572x286px) Image search: [Google]
fatpercentage.jpg
43KB, 572x286px
I'm 23 and almost 2 meters tall. I used to be underweight or slim because i didn't eat properly, but the last year i've gained ten kilos from exercise and a good diet. I've also gained some muscles, but my fat percentage has increased. I used to have abs without flexing, but now i've put on some fat.

I used to have about 7-8, but now i have around 12. I'm afraid that if i begin to cut calories i would lose mass. How do you cut your fat percentage in a good way?
>>
>>40021587
Just to add, i've been eating very healthy. Almost no fats or carbohydrates. I'm afraid this has influenced my Leptin levels and slowed my metabolism. How do you prevent this?
>>
>>40021638
why the fuck have you not been eating fats
>>
>>40021587
Build up first, then worry about abs after., and get some fat and carbs in, jesus.
>>
Eat fat, very important for hormone production.

If you plan to cut down, calculate your TDEE and subtract a few hundred from that. So basically if your TDEE is 2800, try eating 2400 each day.

Do HIIT, I recommend doing 8-10 intervalls, of 40 seconds at >85% max heart rate. Then slow down for 80. seconds. At your weight/height I'd think it would burn 400 kcal in that short period. Don't forget a 5 minutes medium pace warm up

Aim at eating 200 grams of protein a day atleast. If you work out 3-4 times a week I'd recommend carb cycling. Lots to read about that. On training days, eat lots of carbs, on rest days, eat little carbs.

Important to note is that fat is what makes you hungry. If you're hungry, aim to eat more fat and less carbs. Intermittent fasting can be worth a try. But it takes a while to get used to.

On another note, 12% bodyfat isn't exactly bad. If you really did measure it correctly (lying down, measuring around the area just below your belly button, and having a relaxed stomach). Aim at bulking at max to 15%BF, then cutting down to 10%BF, after 10% I think you'll see very diminishing returns.
>>
>>40023985
Also I'd like to note that you'd be looking at burning approx. 3000kcal a day, so eating 2200kcal is probably good, but just ease in to it. A kilogram of fat contains circa 8,000kcal, so that would mean 10 days per kilogram of fat, at -800kcal a day.

But keep in mind that a lot of the weight you've gained is water weight and having more food in the stomach, I'd say you probably would lose a couple of kilograms in the first week, but that wouldn't be fat really.
>>
>>40021587
Cardio will help prevent losing muscle mass. Keep up whatever your regular routine is and make sure you hit your daily protein intake and add some cardio. A small calorie deficit will get you where you want to be
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.