[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are keto diets everything that people say they are?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1474487401876.gif (68KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
1474487401876.gif
68KB, 500x293px
Are keto diets everything that people say they are?
>>
Good for the short term, but they aren't a long term solution to weight loss. I had good results, and was definitely leaner.
But fuck me, the energy drain was nearly unbearable. It's easy in that you never get hungry, but it was hard because of how I felt.
>>
a meme?
yep

hint: everybody who does keto is either skinnyfat or still overweight. everybody who looks like they lift eats carbs.
>>
people say all kinds of shit, but one thing in particular seems to confuse people. on keto you mostly use fat for energy, but what people don't understand is that you also eat more fat. in sum there is no advantage of doing keto over another diet with the same amount of calories. how much energy is taken from your fat stores depends on the deficit, not whether you're in ketosis or not.
>>
keto can be useful for obese people because it helps them control calorie intake, but if you want to do high intensity training you need carbs. it gets assigned all kinds of magical benefits, but the only real benefit is that it's hard to overeat fat and protein. if you eat the same amount of calories on a regular diet you get the same result.
>>
If you have to lose more than 30+ lbs I would recommend it but other than that it's not worth it.

Also seems like a lot of people regain the weight once they're off keto because they can't learn how to not overeat when you eat carbs
>>
I'm 24, 6'0, 280lbs. I wanna get down to 200lbs, would you recommend keto for me?
>>
>>40020253
No. keto is decent for the short term with someone that wants to get the last 2% off. you need to simply eat less and move more.
>>
>>40020031
I think it's also useful in the context of some neurological ailment but that's not your typical /fit/izen.
>>
>>40020265
What about starting with keto?
>>
What about the variations, tkd and ckd? Are they useful or a meme?
>>
>>40022312
Very useful if you're strict with yourself and actually stick to your dietary schedule.

CKD + IF is awesome for a lean bulk.
>>
>>40022355
>wanting to limit carbs at all on a bulk
hit your protein, 175-220, try to keep fat to what you need for hormones, like 50-80g, and the rest should go to carbs, eg 300-500+
Carbs help you recover more than even protein does and they go to glycogen stores which you're going to want as full as possible when ever you're training.
>>
>>40019879
Funny because as I experienced and as the subreddit will lead you to believe keto gives you an energy boost. Maybe you weren't keeping your vitamins in check or drinking enough water.

I did this as a diet, but it became a lifestyle. What's wrong with cutting out sugar?
>>
Protip: Most of the internet/fitness celebrities who talk about keto are using anabolic steroids. This makes a huge difference.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.