[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/BWG/ bodyweight general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 16

File: BWG.webm (1MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
BWG.webm
1MB, 500x400px
>Why bodyweight?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRmsDjMujjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAERZd8XtgQ

>Websites

gymnasticbodies.com/forum
antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos

>Our very own /fit/ calisthenics king (unnoficially)
https://www.instagram.com/fedora_boi/

>tl;dr version?

Pressing/Planche Variations

- Pushups (Normal/Diamond/Pseudo-planche/Tuck-Planche)
- Dips
- Handstand Pushups (Elevated pike/Headstand/Handstand)
- Planche (Frogstand/Straight-arm frog/Tuck/Flat tuck/Straddle/Half/Full)

Pulling

- Rows
- Chin/Pull Up variations
- Rope climbing

Legs

- Pistol Squats
- Shrimp Squats
- Lunges
-(Hill) Sprints

Core Strength (First 4 should be held for 3-5 sets for 60s each with little rest (1-2 min) between sets. 30s sets are fine for L-sits and pseudo-planche leans). The rational for the short rest period is that these are basic positions that you should be very comfortable in.

- Plank Variations (Forearm/Straight-Arm/Pseudo-planche Leans)
- Hollow Body Hold
- Arch Body Hold (don’t do this if you have low back issues)
- L-Sits
- Dragon Flags
- Front/Back/Side Levers Progressions

>Safest Static Hold Progression
Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
> www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM [Embed] [Embed]

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0 [Embed] [Embed]

>How to make parallettes out of PVC
http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf
>>
holy shit yes
>>
After how many months of lifting have you guys achieved your first muscle-up?
>>
>>40018014
Took me about 4 months. Never really trained specifically for it tho.
>>
>>40018014
i cant even do a full pull up yet

i can kip with momentum into one but other then that im weak

this year i want to hit 10 full pull ups in a set
>>
>>40018014
I can't do one. I can hit 5 pullups in a row, that's it.
>>
>>40018142
A muscle up requires quite a lot of strenght , you'll be ready to do one when you'll be able to do 15 pull-ups in a set and 20 dips in a set so keep improving brother

>>40018114
Don't kip your pullups, instead of this just jump your way up , with your head over the bar and lower yourself slowly focusing on your biceps, or just watch the video op posted on how scooby teaches you how 2 pullup
>>
>>40018014
i can do 10 very slow, controlled pull ups and i can do a 'very kipped' asymmetrical muscle up
>>
>>40018193
>A muscle up requires quite a lot of strenght , you'll be ready to do one when you'll be able to do 15 pull-ups in a set and 20 dips in a set so keep improving brother
I can do about 10 dips in a row right now, and can do 1 dip with a 35 strapped to my waist

thxs for the encouragement
>>
>>40018220
The muscle up is timing based aswell and you do need some momentum to perform it, at least in the beginning, but I don't reccomend doing so because you might hurt your joints and injuries are bad mkay
>>
>>40018014
Rings or bar? Bar takes a while longer
>>
>>40018275
You mean the ring muscle up take longer, the bar one is quite easy because you can rest your chest on it when you get to the top, while with the rings you need alot of strenght
>>
>>40018294
No rings is much easier because of false grip. I don't know what you mean about resting your chest on it but it sounds like you're not doing them properly
>>
>>40018337
Have you done both a ring and a bar muscle up in order to come up with this? I'm pretty sure I know my stuff mang.
Also , care to explain what and why?
>>
Currently a skinny fat here is it possible to put on lean mass doing a lot of bodyweight and i guess yoga for that flexibility?

I want to fmake my obliques pop more but i feel that will come on with training and when i cut from 176 lbs to like 150-155 lbs
>>
>>40018421
Yup.
>>
>>40018337
Rings are far far harder
>>
>>40018416
Ring with false grip and neutral grip, as well as bar.
Do you know what false grip is? It makes it much easier to get your chest above your hands
>>
>>40018435
awesome
>>
>>40017807
the picture in OP really annoys me. why would you ever do unweighted pullups unless you're a complete beginner?
>>
>>40018475
Bro false grip makes muscle ups easier both on bar and on rings, but muscle ups on rings are far harder than on bar even if with false grip
>>
>>40018540
You can false grip on a bar? How exactly are you managing this?
>>
>>40018538
I don't want to call you an autist , but this is a bodyweight thread , which means you use your own bodyweight to work out.

Also, it's a webm not a picture.
>>
>>40018550
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRAph342eSY
like this.
The slow muscleup is a different topic, I only posted this video to prove how you can use false grip on a bar
>>
>>40018603
Haven't seen that done before. I'll try it out in the morning I guess
>>
Got a question here, how should i structure my workouts, sometimes i hear few sets per movement, and other times really high volume with lots of sets, i tried doing:
>3xF Planche Lean
>3xF OAPush
>3xF Diamond
>3xF OApull progression
>100 Btn wide Pullups
By the time i reached the OApull progression i was completely exhausted, and if i do planche before OAPush i loose intensity on the OAPush, what can i do?
>>
>Pressing/Planche Variations

I can just do the stuff listed after this in the pasta, all the way down to Core Strength, as a beginning routine right? Should I do a full body routine in one workout day, then rest a day, then do it again, or should it be split up?
>>
>>40018673
Just split into push pull days
>>
Can you give me a bodyweight exercise that has no equivalent exercise that requires weights/machines or vice versa?

Like what's the equivalent of front lever pulls using weights/machines?
>>
Do you have any recommendations for cool multi-functional BWE equipment? I got really little space in my apartment and don't want to buy seperate pull up bar, paralettes etc.
>>
>>40018875
Front lever pulls?
Heavy rows I guess.
Human flags don't really have a weights equivalent Imo. You've asked quite the tough, and not very well worded question.
>>
>>40018893
Gymnast rings are all you really need. But then again, you need somewhere to hang them. Pull up bar for (obviously) Pull ups, rings for push ups, pull up, dips and rows. Enjoy your gains, friend.
>>
>>40018709
plz respond
>>
>>40018567
exactly, this is a bodyweight thread aka you're not adding weight.

unweighted pullups are going to become useless very quickly.
>>
>>40018709
Just do certain exercises on certain days
i.e.:monday - pull ups, rows etc
tuesday - pushups , dips etc
wednesday - pistol squats, squats etc

focus on a muscle group each day.
>>
>>40018742
But how much set should i do, and how many exercises, also if i do push pull i still have core and lower body to do
>>
>>40018966
Bulk when they become useless.

Problem solved
>>
>>40018981
ok thxs anon
>>
>>40018914
So, a pull up bar stand with rings would be good? Does that work well?
>>
>>40019015
It works the absolute treat.
Optional (But useful) equipment I would consider in the future is
>Speed rope
>Ab wheel
>Parallel bars
>Resistance bands
>>
>>40018990
...lol

when doing progressive overload, you should be able to do +10kg pullups after just a few months, even if you're slightly overweight.

are you telling me to put on 10kg of fat just so I can win the autism award for intentionally avoiding weight plates?
>>
>>40019062
/bwg/ is still /fit/ is still 4chan

why do you even ask lmao
>>
>>40019062
Then do weighted pull-ups and don't hang out with the kool kids from /bwg/
>>
>>40018986
im not your mother lol
if i were you id do
Push Day: Dips, Hspu, Planche, oap
Pull: Oap, pullup, rows, levers/muscle ups
Legs/core: Pistols, Shrimps, Hill Sprints, whatever core work you do
Something like PPLxPPL
>>
>>40019062
Also there are enough pull-up variations to help you progress
>>
Is it ok if I use Dominik Sky's press, pull, abs videos as a routine?
>>
>>40018875
>Can you give me a bodyweight exercise that has no equivalent exercise that requires weights/machines or vice versa?

Well, machines are for isolation and every bodyweght exercise is compound. That's one I can think of.
>>
>>40018966
There are variations.
Also, you can do one arm.
>>
>>40017807
i need to up my pushup and hangup game a bit.
my stats now are
~20 perfect form pushups ¨
~6 perfect form hangups

so anyways i see a lot of programs with a shit ton of volume 6 days a week for weeks on end. will this not ruin my shit.

https://breakingmuscle.com/workouts/8-week-workout-plan-for-push-up-strength-and-power

https://breakingmuscle.com/learn/2-programs-to-build-up-your-pull-ups
>>
A long time ago I saw a bunch of pictures that looked like they are from some old book. It was something like ancient gladiators workout without weight and it highly relied on pressing one body part against another. Can't find it now.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
File: 1464444285565.jpg (659KB, 1377x1894px) Image search: [Google]
1464444285565.jpg
659KB, 1377x1894px
>>40019741
Do you mean this?
>>
File: 1464444346981.jpg (263KB, 736x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1464444346981.jpg
263KB, 736x1012px
>>40019741
>>40019800
And this
>>
>>40019814
Yes. Thanks a lot!
>>
Hey /fit/, just stopped working out for a couple of months because no motivation to keep working out doing bw only in my bedroom, and lost around 7kg, today i tried a OAPull-Up and could do 4 with perfect form with no problem, why is that? Also any method to make training more fun and increase motivation?
>>
WHAT FUCKING ROUTINE DO I DO??!?!?
>>
File: fit bodyweight.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
fit bodyweight.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>40019856
>>
>>40019856
I know we hate reddit, but r/bodyweight has a really good beginner routine
>>
>>40020076
Do they have a good intermediate routine?
>>
>>40020126
Here's a routine that one of the mods over there wrote up thats more intermediate
http://antranik.org/bodyweight-training/
>>
>>40020176
Why thank you
>>
>>40019248
thanks m8
>>
What are good numbers for weighted pull ups and weighted dips if you have been lifting for two years?

I feel mediocre, I can do 32kg weighted pull ups for 4 reps and 2 reps 52kg weighted dips but that's for 3 sets only before i get too tired to keep with it

I already have seen guys who can do weighted pull ups with 20kg after 5 months so i don't know if i progress too slow or they started a little advanced than me
>>
>>40020255
Don't worry about other people man. You're not exactly weak so why do you care?
>>
>>40017807
Does anyone have a weekly routine they can share with me?
Right now, I do:

5 mile run
60 pushups
2 min plank
2 min superman
1 min flutter kicks
60 leg lifts
15 pullups
5 x 10 dumbbell curls

It was the routine my track coach recommended in high school but I feel like I'm not getting maximum gains from this workout because I'm not isolating muscle groups on a day-by-day basis.
>>
>>40020316

I have been stalling hard for like 4 months so it's getting on my nerves

I tried even losing %bf so i could get better but still didn't work, i'm thinking on dropping all this weighted bullshit and just trying to get new skills on the rings
>>
>>40020326
I'm doing >>40019898 with pretty decent result so far.
>because I'm not isolating muscle groups on a day-by-day basis.
You can't really do isolation with bodyweight training.
>>
File: ryuvnjfyuf.jpg (595KB, 867x959px) Image search: [Google]
ryuvnjfyuf.jpg
595KB, 867x959px
>>40020255
>>40020340
Maybe worth a look.
>>
>>40020326
that routine is pretty shit tbqh
There are a bunch of routines posted in this thread that are good depending on what you're looking for
Foundation, gold medal bodies, antranik's ppl, r/bodyweightfitness reccomended routine, startbodyweight routine.
>>
>>40020076
after getting overcoming gravity for christmas I have realised the reddit recommended routine is actually just the OG beginner routine.
>>
>>40020358
Where do you think I should start given my stats? Most of the exercises come easily to me because I'm 5'10 and 170 lbs so I don't have to leverage lanky mass.
>>
>>40019266
Why wouldn't it be?

>>40019273
>every bodyweght exercise is compound
Not completely true. There are isolation exercises for bodyweight.

>>40020358
>You can't really do isolation with bodyweight training.
Sure you can.
>>
>>40020520
I dunno, just start.
I doubt you can do one arm chin up 5x5 from the start, so on your fist training just try which of these exercises are your limit and start progression. As you go along check what >>40020468 recommended for further preogression.
>>
>>40020497
i mean thats like saying starting strength is the beginner routine for stuff like greyskull because it has bench squat and dead
pullups dips rows and pushups are just kinda the base for bodyweight routines
>>
>>40020571
>Sure you can.
Can you give example?
>>
>>40020400

Seems good, I will try it
>>
>>40020593
For biceps, there is the bodyweight biceps curl.
For triceps, you can do tiger pushups, working towards "impossible dips".

If you were so inclined, you could even isolate traps with inverted shrugs.
>>
>>40020648
those are still core exercises in disguise
>>
>>40020663
This.
You can name exercises that hit certain muscle or muscle groups, but you usually have other muscle engage to hold or stabilize the position in exercise.
>>
I'm having problems with shoulder snapping and pain when i do pull ups. Anyone else had this? How did you cure it?
>>
>>40020663
>>40020700
That's not how it works. There's no exercise, in bodyweight or free weights, that isolates a muscles by that logic. There's always some other muscle or muscles engaged when doing isolation exercises, so the term would lose all meaning if that was taken into account.
>>
>>40020733
I used to have that when I first tried switching from chinups to wide grip pullups. I ended up doing close grip pullups for a while and now wide grip doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>40020740
>There's no exercise, in bodyweight or free weights, that isolates a muscles by that logic.

Exactly.
>>
>>40018294
>>40018474
>>40018416
In my experience, a rings muscle up is much easier because I can rotate my grip, so I can use a preferred position. Also it's easier for me to rotate my palms around rings. Then again, I always do slow muscle ups, so maybe it's different with regular ones.
But for me, the fixed grip on the bar is less natural.
>>
>>40020757
That's just stupidly wrong. Compound vs isolation isn't based on how many muscles are working, it's based on how many joints are needed to perform the movement.
1 joint moving = isolation.
2 or more joints moving = compound.

So even though your core is engaged during a bicep curl, for instance, you're only moving one joint, your elbow.
>>
>>40020733
form check, are you depressing+retracting your shoulder blades?
>>
Any bw routines that are judo/wrestling oriented? Lifting is working wonders for my strength but I feel like I'd get more control over my body and more muscle stamina with some calisthenics or something.
>>
>>40020803
Ok, that makes more sense.
So can you name one?
>>
>>40020820
not really answering your question but I feel like pistol squats and shrimp squats would be gr8 for balance and stregth
>>
>>40020837
Shit, didn't read last sentence.
>>
>>40018538
Lots of people do sets of 20+ pull ups for endurance and stuff.
A lot of people do a lot of sets as well, so adding weights is counter-productive when you just won't be able to pump out all of those sets.
It's a different type of training, really.
When you start fucking around with weights, you should just do regular compound lifts instead.
>>
>>40020806
Yeah, i'm following scoobys form but it still happens near the end of the down movement.
>>
>>40020837
Tiger pushups and impossible dips, like I already mentioned.
Inverted shrugs, and, to a lesser degree, bodyweight biceps curl.
>>
>>40018875
Planche, L-sit, iron cross, muscle up.
There's a lot of complex movements that you just won't be able to perform with weights.

>lever equivalent
None, really. For the delts part you could say front raises, but levers are about lats, core, abs and hip flexors as well, and I don't think you could get closer to that than with the deadlift.
>>
>>40018966
Either retarded or a shill for faglift..I mean powerlifting.

No those kipping or momentum+kicking pullups you do don't count as actual pullups faggot.
>>
>>40020865
With push ups you move shoulders and elbows, same goes for dip.
With bicep curls you would move elbows and at least wrists.
With shrugs I gues you're wright.
>>
>>40020919
>With push ups you move shoulders and elbows, same goes for dip.
Look up the exercises I mentioned instead of mistakenly assuming they're like the normal ones.

>With bicep curls you would move elbows and at least wrists.
Your wrist is supposed to stay neutral during a curl, so no, only one joint.
The reason I wrote "to a lesser degree" for bodyweight biceps curl, is that the shoulders will move a little, but it's so little that I would still call it an isolation exercise.
>>
>>40020911
different dude, crossfit hate aside why do they do high reps of kipping pullups and butterfly pullups and stuff like that. What benefit are they aiming for?
>>
>>40021059
To make their cultists tired and more easily manipulated.
The idea that they are doing something to get fitter while belonging to something is so enticing to those retards.
This is setting them all up for a lifetime of debilitating joint and organ injuries.

This is cult creation 101.
The breaking down period is what it's called I believe. Almost how SS is pushed around here.
>>
What is the difference in muscles focused between pistols and shrimp squats?
>>
>>40021223
someone correct me if im wrong but iirc shrimps hit quads harder and pistols require more mobility
>>
>>40020956
Tiger push up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcdOf-V8faw

Impossible dip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSW0ttMP3Yw

Bodyweight curl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q83_yw3pFEI

Doesn't look like 1 joint for me. Unless you're reffering to part of the exercise they're doing, not full motion.
>>
>>40021334
wait, so bw curls are the same thing as rows with an underhand grip yes?
>>
Where the fuck do you find something high enough to hang rings on to do muscle ups
>>
>>40021379
Honestly don't know, how eles you imagine it?
Standing and beding your elbows?
>>
for a guy who's 6'0 what is the optimum weight to be, Im currently 176 lbs but i want to be like 150-155 lbs
>>
>>40022762
Im 6'2" and i was a hungry skeleton at 160, kinda soft at 210. Trying to lean out to 190. 170-180 with good muscle mass is probably a good goal.
>>
Routine ATM

Upper1
Negative Pelican curls 3x2 ---> 5x5
False grip protracted rows 4x8 ---> 5x10
incline bench curls to press 3x5 35lbs
one arm handstand wall work 5x6 seconds ----->60 seconds each arm
wall handstand 4x48 seconds -----> 4x60 seconds

Leg raises 4x7 -------> 4x15
back extensions 4x12 ---->4x15
plank 4x48 seconds ---> 4x60 seconds
wrist raises 1x25 10lbs
wrist cruls 1x25 10lbs
wrist side raises 1x25 5lbs

Upper2
bench press 5x10 160lbs
false grip pull-ups 5x5 10lbs
one arm handstand wall work 5x6 seconds ----->60 seconds each arm
Dumbbell Japanese handstand work 4x24 10lbs seconds ---> 4x60 seconds

Leg raises 4x7 -------> 4x15
back extensions 4x12 ---->4x15
plank 4x48 seconds ---> 4x60 seconds
glute back bridge 4x60 seconds
wrist raises 1x25 10lbs
wrist cruls 1x25 10lbs
wrist side raises 1x25 5lbs

Lower 1
Power clean 5x3 170lbs
pistol squats 5x5 ----->5x10
squat 245lbs 3x10

Jefferson curl 5x5
dislocates 15lbs 5x5
weighted decline sit-ups 10lbs 4x10
supermans 5x36s ----> 4x60 seconds
side superman 5x36s ----> 4x60 seconds
hollow hold 4x48seconds

Lower 2
Pistol squats 5x5 ----> 5x10
Power cleans 5x3 135lbs
Deadlift 3x10

Jefferson curl 5x5
dislocates 15lbs 5x5
weighted decline sit-ups 10lbs 4x10
band resisted reverse hypers 4x15
side bends 4x15
Hollow hold 4x48 seconds
>>
>>40021223
You need a fuck ton of ankle mobility and hip mobility for shrimps. Also.........strong quads
>>
>>40022895
i dunno about that I can do shrimp squats fairly easily but mobility is still the limiting factor when i attempt pistols
>>
>>40023282
Form ?
>>
>>40023485
I mean im not saying i have perfect form, but for me personally shrimps don't really feel like they require any mobility, i just kinda bring my leg back and squat. Pistols are all wobbly and shit at the bottom. My body might just be better suited for shrimps tho idk
>>
bodyweight fag here, trying to fix rounded shoulders from bad posture. I already do band pull aparts and band external rotations but im looking for more exercises i can work in that will help
>>
>>40023632
What back work do you do. How's your t spine mobility? Do you do any bridge work?
>>
>>40023768
back i do pullups, rows, supermans, and back bridges
I think my spine mobility is good? i can bridge pretty deep
>>
>>40023768
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L8azuavwS9M

The foam rolling techniques shown in This video are pretty good, try to also use more of your t spine on the bridge.
>>
>>40024752
Appreciate it hombre, ill be working on this for the next couple weeks.
Thanks for pointing out the t spine point, pretty sure thats one of my main issues,
>>
>>40018014
A few months - Only the transition is the hard part, which i did heaps of tricep pulldown to improve on

I take it for granted pullups are ez for you already if you wanna do muscleups
>>
I can´t do full HSPUs but recently I recognized that I can go all the way down if I position my hands slightly wider apart than shoulder width. Which progression do you think is better? Starting with a wider grip and move inwards or increasing the ROM with hands shoulder wide apart?
>>
File: 657hoursinmspaint.jpg (287KB, 938x938px) Image search: [Google]
657hoursinmspaint.jpg
287KB, 938x938px
What weighlifting exercises would benefit a calisthenics routine? I'm currently doing:
-T-rows
-Bench press
-OHP

pic unrelated
>>
>>40025778
weighted squats/pistol squats

Calisthenics are very lacking for legs.
>>
File: 1479981234372.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479981234372.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
>>40025873
>weighted squats/pistol squats

My medial meniscus is broken. Need to get a surgery + rehab before doing anything leg related. Atleast I have a reason to skip leg day.

>tfw i love squats and DLs but can't do them
>>
>>40020400
They say one should have at least +45% bw + bw as 1rm for it to work but I have found it also works by just doing easier progressions where leverages and such lower your bw you are using essentially. Then again I was a math-obsessed sperglord (still am tbqh) when I tried so it kinda is too much work calculating that for most lmao
>>
>>40021059
>What benefit are they aiming for?
Being able to do 100+ rep shitty form AMRAP sets for bragging rights.
>>
what does /bwg/ think of Gotch's Bible? a bodyweight calisthenics routine derived for wrestlers and grappling athletes?

http://www.scientificwrestling.com/public/249.cfm

https://www.attacktheback.com/gotchs-bible-workout-new-years-bjj-conditioning-sorted/
>>
File: considering suicide.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
considering suicide.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
>>40017807
lads....I can't do 3x4 pistols squats. I was already doing 3x10 of the previous step in the progression...it kills me to have to go back.
>>
>>40022809
Thanks sounds about right. I want to cut low like 160 lbs just for the purpose of getting my BF% low
>>
>>40021334
THIS is a tiger pushup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVjiwXy4YpE

I don't know how you see two joints playing a part in the impossible dip.
>>
can someone post that pic that shows how to progress squats before being able to do pistol squats
>>
>>40027408
>THIS is a tiger pushup
He still moves both elbows and wrists, even shoulders to some degree. Same for dips, unless you're referring to just laying your forearms on a bar and bending elbows.
>>
File: el diablos.jpg (3MB, 3773x4000px) Image search: [Google]
el diablos.jpg
3MB, 3773x4000px
>>40027435
Here's one >>40019898 pic rel is older version.
>>
File: tmp_171831470426141095266447265.jpg (442KB, 2480x1754px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_171831470426141095266447265.jpg
442KB, 2480x1754px
>>
>>40018474
>>40018540

>can do 2 strict muscle ups consecutive on rings
>trying to do bar muscle ups on rings forever but can't

You mean there's something wrong with me?
>>
>>40029153

*bar muscle ups on the bar
>>
Diagonal pull-ups:
1 set x 7 reps
6 days rest then

Inclined push-ups:
3x20

Vertical hang:
4xmin

Eagle claws:
10, 7

Finger inclined push-ups:

6 days rest then back to pull-ups

---------------------------------------------

Jackknife squats:
3x20

Double bent leg calf raises off the floor:
4x60

6dr

---------------------------------------------

Knee-tucks:
3x20
6dr

----------------------------------------------

Full twist hold to the right:
20 s
Every day, unless the back is too worked by some other exercise in which case I'll give a day of rest

Full bridge hold:
20 s
Every day or every other day, depending

Straight leg hold:
20 s
Every other day, though should probably be every fucking day except maybe for a day or two after knee-tucks

----------------------------------------------

Split (I'm fucking getting there):
15 s not too tight with feet looking in different directions
20-25 s unilaterals
1dr or so

Touch the floor:
Did 50 s today if not more, fuck knows how much should I do
ed

Chest protrusion in the door frame or make a triangle with a wall:
20 s or so
ed

Push ass forward with hands leaning backwards stretching the neck and mouth:
25 s
ed

------------------------------------------------

I think that's it. Gotta add something for the horizontal component of scoliosis and something for neck lordokyphosis.
>>
Can you even get a nice physique from bodyweight exercises?
>>
>>40029354
>nice physique
Define what you mean by that.
You can easily get ottermode that normies would considered desirable.
>>
>>40029354
just look up "male gymnasts"

no homo

but yes homo
>>
>>40029436
Yeah but those guys have trained for like 10 years to get that physique
>>
>>40029354
>>40029410
If you eat properly and use a good routine, you can get past ottermode with no significan issues.
>>
>>40029300
Basically perfect, just add neck and face. And pelves.
>>
>>40029410
Like mcgregors. I'm around the same height as him and if I could get that without having to go to a gym that'd be great as there is a park like 100 feet from my apartment with monkey bars I could do bodyweight exercises on
>>
>>40029542
Not the other guy, but McGregor's body would be achieveable with bodyweight exercise, apart from his legs.
>>
why do you all have such shit volume for your lower body?? i mean lets face it none of us are gymnasts so it doesnt make sense to work legs literally as little as 1/4th as much as your upper body. i understand the whole vertical horizontal plane for the upper body but wouldnt adding some more volume for legs be a good idea?
>>
>>40029577
My legs are pretty big, probably because I bicycle for transportation and there is a lot of hills where I frequently bicycle

I'm not looking to get swole as fuck because I'm only 5'9" and don't want to look like a compensating "manlet"
>>
>>40029618
I run a shitton so it fucks with recovery
>>
>>40030744
wait

so cardio, indirectly, kills gains?
>>
My body is great except for my biceps, do you guys think adding curls to my BWE routine would make sense?
>>
>>40030814
>Everything's good exept biceps
>adding exercise to target biceps

I'd say yes, your logic seems sound.
>>
>>40030814
Preacher curls + chin up variations.
Doing 5 sets of 15 slow chin ups will give you a nice burn.
>>
>>40030760
Well, my main focus is cardio. So in this case, yes
>>
>>40030956
Jesus Christ cross fit fags post here.
>>
>>40031266
no, thats crossfit jesus
>>
I see videos of people doing things like supermans, glute bridges, back bridges and stuff of that nature as dynamic exercises for reps, stuff ive always done as static holds.
Any reason to do this over holding these as static positions? or is it just apples and oranges
>>
File: 1483943361758.jpg (71KB, 675x945px) Image search: [Google]
1483943361758.jpg
71KB, 675x945px
>>40031266
>implying I'm fucked enough to flop like a fish on the bar
I'm not that autistic, mate.
>>
>>40032063
Explosive movements help you become better at explosive movements, static holds help you become better at static holds.
Mix them up for the best of both worlds.
>>
give me a stretching routine for rest days
>>
>>40033067
http://phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html
http://phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html
>>
What's the consensus on doing El Diablo's 666 bodyweight routine?
>>
>>40033147
It's bretty good.
>>
Nice just got my pull up bar out and was going to do some push up and saw the thread.
>>
>>40033309
you have to do 309 pullups now
>>
I've been doing this "routine" the last two weeks every day, but because I'm going back to school soon, I need to make it more structured

Can some people please help a newbie on how to improve my routine?

My goal is to do the flag pole one day

I guess I should start doing some grip strength exercises

Also, I guess I need to start having rest days or something, but I need to do some physical activity to make sure I can concentrate on what I have to do for the day.

Should I pick up swimming on off days?
>>
>>40033365
if you want to flag, you gotta practice doing flags, they don't even require that much strength. They just require the right strength.
pic related is easy progression to get beginner flag. practice each step till you can progress to the next.

In terms of routine, there's plenty posted in this thread. foundation, overcoming gravity, r/bodyweightfitness reccomended routine.

yes swimming would be beneficial
>>
File: 20130809-194233.jpg (176KB, 701x676px) Image search: [Google]
20130809-194233.jpg
176KB, 701x676px
>>40033567
forgot pic welp
>>
>>40033313
I was able to do 9 dead hang wide pull-ups, after at least 2 years without trying.
>>
>>40033618
watch out guys, bad ass alert
>>
>>40020571
>isolation
In any exercise in bodyweight you should be doing the gymnastic trick of flexing your entire body to carry the weight. It does make a difference.
>>
>>40029677

I am beginning to ride my bike everyday for commuting

How big you legs could get?
>>
>>40033918
https://youtu.be/szgywu1vXgk?t=3m05s
>>
>>40033938

Nice video. Thanks. I will keep riding then, I don't mind big leg and the disadvantage will result in better gains in the upper body at the long time.
>>
>>40033938
my favorite gook on youtube
>>
File: backpain.jpg (28KB, 686x528px) Image search: [Google]
backpain.jpg
28KB, 686x528px
haven't read any of the other posts so pls no bully

basically after heavy pull ups or heavy 1 arm assisted pull ups (using the pull up machine with one arm) I get a dull ache in pic related, never a pain, never while I'm doing it, only ever a few hours after / the next day. Anybody else get this? How should I avoid it? Do you think it's to do with shoulder 'packing'?
>>
>>40033567
I don't understand those routines, they don't say how many sets/reps I should be doing?

Can someone help me understand one of them please, it could be any?
>>
>>40034239
This is what i do personally. My general rule of thumb is to do sets of 3x5-12 reps.
You want to be doing the hardest variation of an exercise you can do and increase the reps till you get to around 8-12 reps per set. Then you know its time to move onto a harder variation.
So if you can do 3x12 pushups its time to move onto diamond pushups. So do 3x5 diamond pushups and increase reps every workout. Once you can do 3x12 of diamonds, you move onto something harder like 3x5 pseudo planche pushups till you can do 3x12 then you progress again to like one arm pushups or whatever.
Of course it won't always be as streamlined as this but thats how I approach it
>>
>>40034351
>>40033365
So it would be cool I just keep the current routine I have now, and maybe add leg raises too?

But I do this routine on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Tuesday, Thursday I swim?
>>
>>40034950
I mean, you'll plateau really quick with that routine but do you
If you want more gains you need progressive overload
>>
>>40035084
By progressive overload you mean doing more difficult exercises right?

And I know I have plateaued when I can do that exercise very easily with the desired set/reps goal, correct?
>>
>>40035123
yeah, after a while of 4x25 pushups you'll just be getting better at doing a 100 pushups
>>
b to the u to the m to the p
no gains central is the place to be
>>
Fuck man. I wanna lose some belly fat with bodyweight stuff, but I need a routine that requires absolutely 0(zero) equipment.
>>
>>40036808
Fix diet+cardio is all you need to lose weight

you need at least a place to do pullups if you wanna make any progress in gainsville
>>
anyone hang rings on a power tower?
I know i wont get the full effectiveness of em, but want to know if I should purchase rings if thats the only place i have to hang them
>>
>>40034138
someone pls advise
>>
How well does neutral grip pull up progression translate to standard pull ups?

As in if I do enough neutral grips can I progress in the number of standard pull ups I can do?
>>
>>40038442
yes, it translates a lot
when i was doing +35/5 for neutral grip, I tried standard for the first time in years and got +30/5
>>
>>40038442
Neutral grip pull-ups focus more on biceps while wide grip ones focus on brachialis and back and if you want to raise the number of reps on wide grip pull-ups you just do em
>>
>>40038472
Not same anon but similar question: I can only do neutrals for a while because of unrelated injury, how much is the difference in back focus compared to normal ones? I do appreciate training my biceps but my main goal for doing pullups was training my back before so I need to know if I have to do a lot more neutral grip volume to get the same results essentially.
>>
>>40038512
There is a difference, the wider the grip the more the back is working.
Try doing wide grip chin ups, they might not be as good as wide grip pull-ups, but definitely work more back than neutral grip ones
>>
>>40038466
>>40038472
The problem is that the current pull up bar I have is pretty much only wide grip+neutral. In the wide grip I can barely do 1 deadhang, in the neutral grip I can do 4.

I'm more used to doing pull ups in the grip range seen in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBjltlc3x8c
>>
>>40038553
Breh if you want back you do wide grip
>>
>>40038537
No I can literally just do neutral grip because the injury (or rather, the measures taken to make it heal correctly) keep me from applying pressure when my palms are facing away or towards me, but facing each other is somehow fine. Ah well thanks nonetheless, will look into the topic myself.
>>
>>40038584
I just wanna do 13 pull ups.
[spoiler]I actually dont care about aesthetics[/spoiler]
>>
>>40031169
Help me Anon. How long does it take to rebuild bone density so I don't get shin splints anymore? I used to run 10km easy but I haven't run regularly in years. I've just gotten back into it and my shin feels like someone just smashed it with a baseball bat.
>>
>>40018014
>>40018039
>>40024922
What the fuck I can do 12 pull-ups with 8 kilos added but I can't do a single symmetric,proper muscle-up.
>>
>>40029300

FUCKING RATE FAGGOTS I need unpit
>>
File: zcamera-20170116_101856.jpg (1MB, 1440x1516px) Image search: [Google]
zcamera-20170116_101856.jpg
1MB, 1440x1516px
Startbodyweight > Reddit

Now that that's out of the way, I'm considering picking up some adjustable dumbbells on Craigslist so I can hit some of my lagging body parts and maybe add some goblets and shit once shrimps stop cutting it for legs. Anyone have any success with this? Also, what kind of surplus do people eat at for a lean bulk when doing cali? Seems like the full 500 would make me fat.
>>
>>40040781
Db's are a good call. I do 300 Cal surplus. Just keep track of your weight and you won't get too fat.
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.