[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT-Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 33

File: download.png (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8KB, 284x177px
Could't find the other thread so I'll start a new one.

I'll start:
What's the gum called that you use to get face gains? Anyone ever try it?
>>
File: ethan.png (488KB, 993x716px) Image search: [Google]
ethan.png
488KB, 993x716px
can someone explain glucogen or w/e its called to me I just dont get it

connor murphy eats mini wheats for it after a workout. is this a meme?
>>
>>40019274

glycogen is the way your body stores sugars for energy.

so basically you eat something, and your body breaks down the sugars and uses it for energy, if you dont use it all, it gets stored in your liver and muscles as glycogen for later use.
>>
Are diet sodas really "bad" for weight loss? So far I'm good with a green tea, but whenever I see a fresh coke zero I dunno how to resist it.
>>
File: RexPushup.png (60KB, 440x249px) Image search: [Google]
RexPushup.png
60KB, 440x249px
I used to be fairly active. During this time period I could do 50 pushups in 60 seconds (not too hard for a skinny guy like me)

I recently started working out for the first time in a while. First upper body day absolutely destroyed my shoulders, chest, and triceps. (This workout was 7 days ago)

Now, I can barely do 10 pushups. At rep 8 or 9 my arms and chest are FLOODED with lactic acid. Is this normal recovery from a hard workout?

Or is there any way that my muscles atrophied THAT MUCH from a few months of inactivity?

I'm fucking terrified that I'm ridiculously weak now and not just recovering.
[Post a Reply]
>>
>>40020210
I mean, I cant've gotten that weak, that fast, right?

But I've had 7 full days to recover from this workout, and I can still barely do 10 pushups.
>>
>>40020210
Have you been eating enough?
>>
File: 1483382222594.png (118KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
1483382222594.png
118KB, 500x420px
Just figured out I've been doing kind of hybrid high and low bar squats (high bar position with low bar-like back and hip angles). Switching over to low bar, and I significantly reduced the weight to get form correct (was squatting 190 lbs with the bad form, went down to 155, ended on 135 today). However the biggest limiting factor was the shoulders since they hurt badly during.

How long until they can handle the low bar position, and should I wait until then to get back to progressing the weight?
>>
Is it true that chances are mk 677 has no long term side effects?
>>
>>40017440
I think I got the form for squats, bench press, and ohp down packed, but what if I don't and I do not know about it. What is the worst that could happen to you by doing bad form? How long would it take for you to get injured?
>>
How to add mass to the outer part of my butt?
I already do heavy squats and diddylifts.
>>
>>40020450
Who knows, all it takes is one bad squat m8.

Just have someone take a video of you preforming a 5RM
>>
>>40017440
Is there a substitute for face pulls? The weights stacks on my gym's machines are kinda bitch weight for any compound movements, so I've worked up to the highest weight settining have made it up to 3x20.

What do now?
>>
I am extremely weak.
Lost a lot of weight while eating low amounts of protein and doing almost no exercise.
Now it almost seems impossible for me to do any aerobic exercise as my muscles fatigue long before I run out of breath.
Almost feels like I should be trying to get stronger at some rehab clinic and not on my own. Am I fine or should I doctor?
>>
>>40020555
How much weight do you pull?
>>
>>40020585
I'm not exactly sure about the true amount of weight being pulled, but the highest setting is 210lbs.
>>
>>40020256
Yeah. More than usual since I'm so skinny/trying to put on weight.
>>
so im on a cut atm and have been for about a month now, but the last two weeks ive eaten nothing but 2 meals a day consisting of 200g or chicken 200g or broccoli and100g of brown rice which is roughly 600 calories per meal or 1200 total for the day. every second day i go for a 5-7km run and in the days between i do weights to build strength (yes i no i wont build as much muscle on such a low calorie diet). I was 97kgs and im now down to 90kgs, wanting to get to 80kgs (im 6'1) and from there change my diet and build muscle. Im wondering is this approach of such low calories and high excercise unhealthy for my body? i mean im not hungry throughout the day and have been seeing results, but is it okay to cut like this?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>40020764
Conventional knowledge say...

That's a pretty hard cut man, as long as your micronutrients and fats are being ingested, and your energy throughout the day is fine, then the cut is fine. If either of these are out of whack, eat more and with greater diversity.

Good luck m8
>>
>>40020653
Enough Protein and enough sleep at night (atleast 7 hours)? If you just keep eating enough, getting enough rest and work out, you should gain strength and stamina. If you are eating enough protein and getting rest then I would guess that it could be due to your muscles taking longer to recover due to the previous lack of lifting.
>>
Been lifting a little over a year, never really ate properly so my lifts went up but I barely notice any muscle gains. Actually started counting calories and have done a clean bulk the past few months and up 6 pounds. When would I start to actually see results?
>>
>>40021010
In visible muscle, it depends a lot on your bf% but you won't see results very quickly. It will take a few months before you start noticing any visible gains.

In strength, you should see results quite quickly
>>
I am a hungry skelly that just started lifting/gym going. There's a little swelling in my arms and a bit of dull pain (can't get them straight). Anything I should be worried about?
>>
>>40020975
Appreciate it.
>>
>>40017440
search the fucking catalogue next time, don't have two threads up unless one is dying
>>
I'm 25, 6'3", and 240 lbs.

Is a 1000 cal deficit sustainable while lifting? I'm trying to simultaneously lose weight and gain muscle so I don't want to stagnate with my lifts. I lift and do cardio every other day. Any reason to stick to a smaller deficit?
>>
File: saved.jpg (171KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
saved.jpg
171KB, 960x960px
Okay so, calories and noob gains. If a noob ate at maintenance (or a deficit maybe?), would they still put on muscle while accelerating fat loss if overweight?
>>
File: 2V9ZIDc.jpg (87KB, 1280x963px) Image search: [Google]
2V9ZIDc.jpg
87KB, 1280x963px
I stopped lifting for about six months, and maintained my weight during that time period. I noticed my bf% rise a bit, so I assume I lost an equal amount of muscle. (Not much, but noticeable to me)

I got back on the horse a couple weeks ago. Will it take as long to regain what I lost in muscle mass, as it did to earn it the first time? Or does it come back faster?
>>
>>40021237
Forgot to say this is while lifting.
>>
What kind of lifting routine should I do? I'm 6'1 238 pounds.

I don't really want to get big but just lean and look decent. Everyone says SS but i stalled pretty fast on that last time i tried because i'm at a pretty significant deficit (started at 339 pounds)
>>
What is this "1/2/3/4/5" thing?
How should I plan meals?
How do I make sure I am doing squas and deadliest and OHP right if no one tells me?
>>
>>40021367
Reduce the deficit and stick to SS. You're a beginner, so you need to take advantage of programs that are designed to optimize beginner gainz.

>I don't really want to get big but just lean and look decent
Cut this mindset out. You're not going to explode into Arnold-mode overnight, faggot
>>
>>40021271
Muscle memory. You will regain faster
>>
>>40021401
I was expecting that hostility, I don't think i'm going to instantly get big on SS im not retarded, I was saying that more as a reference to my long term goals.

Thanks for the advice though, faggot.
>>
>>40021367
Getting "big" is the production of years of eating right and lifting hard and often accompanied by steroids of some form or another. You will not suddenly get yoked beyond belief out of nowhere, but you do need to lift (or exercise in a similar manner) to look good.
You can try SS again on a smaller deficit, or do 5/3/1.

Stalling isnt really an issue here, because you are not going for strength. if you stall, just keep doing that weight until you can do better (5/3/1 is good for this)

>>40021237
yes.

>>40021227
yes it is sustainable, your lifts may stagnate.
if you can, just do more cardio instead of eating less.

>>40021395
one plate, two plate, etc
However you want that it fits in your calorie and macro range.
you can ask PTs in the gym to form check you or watch a lot of form videos on youtube.
>>
>>40021395
>What is this "1/2/3/4/5" thing?
It's a kind of standard of measurement for the main lifts. It represents the number of plates used for a certain lift (though only 4 lifts are used in this system). It stands for 1 plate OHP (135 lbs/60kg), 2 plate bench (225 lbs, 100kg), 3 plate squat, and 4 plate deadlift.

>How should I plan meals?
Figure out your needed calories, figure out your desired macros, weigh your food, prep based on weight and nutrition needs

>How do I make sure I am doing squas and deadliest and OHP right if no one tells me?
Watch videos, read SS, film yourself doing these movements and get advice.
>>
>>40021457
Different guy but, I just achieved a 3pl8 DL. How long can I expect it to take to get to 4? Is before 2018 realistic?
>>
>>40021479
It depends on a bunch of factors, but I'd say probably.
>>
>>40017440

is it worth buying a back brace? a trainer at the gym told me if i use a BB i wont strenghten my core. while other guy uses one to lift heavy and he says he trains his core separately. what do? i'v trained for 2 yrs without one to be a custom without it. i can do about 240LBs squat max rep without one at 190lbs. i struggle a but but i can do it.

i just go in the gym pick up the weight and put it back down. please no bully for not knowing better. i want to be strong without the need for one. but a guy told me i can do more with the aid of a back brace

please help me /fit/
>>
So, frustration is hitting like a truck this week. I'm 1.76m 65 kg, skinny fat getting real close to being just fat. Got no money for gym, only have access to calisthenics stuff about 2km away from home.

Also can't control my diet until I get out from my parents house. They feel like everyone has to eat like a fat fuck. I tried making my own stuff for a week and everyday they yelled about how I was fucking starving on purpose, making a scene, and I sincerely don't have the emotional energy to deal with that again.

It's mostly carbs and greasy shit, best I can do on my own is to cut soda (don't even drink it that much, maybe 5~6 glasses a week).

I don't even dream of making it like this, but is there any hope to at least use a regular shirt without this disgusting gut being visible ? It's all I want at this point.
>>
>>40021727
It's useful if your goal is to lift the heaviest weight possible. At some point your core will not be strong enough to support weight that challenges your other muscles.

It's like wrist straps, at some point your deadlift is too heavy to preform consistent reps and maintain you grip. So you instead train your grip separately.
>>
>>40021867
That is still a lot of soda by /fit/ terms. Just get your intake down as low as you can man.

If that's the case then just run and do push-ups, planks, etc. It's shitty, but when I couldn't afford to go to the gym I loaded up books in my backpack to do weighted push-ups. This eventually lead to me having good lifts in the gym, and I absolutely think you should try to make progress nk matter the cards dealt.

Who cares about how you look man, youbcan get down to a healthy bodyweight if you exercise enough.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
Singing up for a gym membership Monday

Read through the sticky, read through a couple of example workout routines doing SS, SL, PPL, GSLP, etc. I think for simplicity's sake and because I'm a gymnoob, I'll just start with good ole SS.

- My question is, what other accessory exercises do I add to my routine? Gym has free weights, machines, cables, and bars for pullups.

- Gym has a pool too. Is it best to swim before or after lifting, or does it even matter?
>>
I've just started working out seriously (started 2 weeks ago), and so far I've lost 8 pounds. Feels bretty gud.

I've been using myfitnesspal and have lowered my caloric intake to 1900 per day. Despite that, I still feel I'm not making as much progress as I can.

What's a good meal plan to follow? I dont want anything detailed, just an example of what meal to eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks, and how to allocate/manage 1900 calories though out the day
>>
>>40022093
Forgot to mention, I did read the sticky but it didn't provide a sample meal plan to follow.
>>
>>40022093
you can use something like this https://www.eatthismuch.com/

It is really up to you what to eat though. I really only track calories and sometimes i eat most of them during breakfast/lunch and have a tiny dinner or i barely eat all day and eat a huge dinner. It all works and is dependent on what works best for you.
>>
>>40019980

Terrible for you? Absolutely. Terrible for weight loss? Junk food isn't necessarily terrible for weight loss. Read the fucking sticky and look for caloric maintenance.

>>40020376

The discomfort will go away soon if you're doing it correctly. I've noticed that doing low bar for over a year it can fuck with your overhead press. Try using a more comfortable bar on lighter days if they are available (e.g. buffalo bar) or occasionally wear a sweatshirt.

>>40020566

If you're on a cut eat more nutrient dense food and you'll be fine. I wouldn't go <500 calories from your caloric maintenance.

>>40021112

Probably not

>>40021727

Probably not. Get an actual lifting belt made with real leather. The good ones are pricy so only get one if you're serious about lifting. If 240lb is your 1RM than you probably don't need one but it can't hurt. Just make sure to only use it when you're going 85%+ of your 1RM.
>>
Are there specific exercises I should do for an Adonis belt? Or does that come from just general ab work and low body fat?
>>
>>40022141
>I've noticed that doing low bar for over a year it can fuck with your overhead press
How so? Wouldn't the developed flexibility carry over
>>
>>40022142
Abs and obliques work outs. And low bf%
>>
What the fuck I just bought a shaker cup and it only holds 16oz/500ml. It looks like a regular sized shaker cup but the bottom part unscrews and its a little compartment for holding who knows what. I feel ripped off
>>
>>40021112
definitely not.
that happens to me when i work out a little too hard after a long break from the gym.
it will get better as you continue to work out
>>
>>40022191
Keep your mini butt plugs there
>>
>>40022191
you should have checked the size before you bought it.
people often put pills or more powder in there so you can have a shake in the shaker, then have powder for another one at the same time
>>
>>40022191

The compartment is for putting a second drink mix in, so you can make another protein shake or whatever after finishing the first at the gym.
>>
>>40022211
Thats bullshit I dont use powders I put real fuckin food in my blender. This is not enough for my shake. I will have to use this one for my preworkout(coca cola and instant coffee) and buy another one the right size.
>>
>>40022191
i got one of those 'smart shakers' free

i just put the same amount of powder which makes the shake way too potent because I can't get enough liquid in it

shame because the build quality is much better than my other cheap ass one
>>
>>40022237
Stop being a whiny bitch holy shit
>>
>>40022237
you mix coke and coffee in a shaker bottle?
what the fuck m8
>>
>>40022196
>>40022141
Thanks, I was definitely feeling the urge to push myself the last two days I went. Will probably tone it back a little on Monday.
>>
>>40022152
Putting a lot of weight with a tight upper back can be hard on your rear delts. Personally, the only lift where some of that discomfort carried over was OHP. It's not something huge to worry about, but if you can adjust to say doing upper body before lower body days or give your back a break from low bar it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>40022257
I dont shake it I stir it with a spoon

40022255 no
>>
>>40022270
You're a fucking twink no doubt
>>
is close grip bench shit?
>>
>>40022292
no
>>
>>40022292
No
>>
Is Keto a meme?
I'm on day 9 and I think I'd rather dof normal caloric deficit
>>
No im a big guy for you
>>
>>40022326
Keto is for fatties that need to lose a lot of weight quickly. It's not reasonably sustainable and thus builds bad long term habits.
>>
Does this look like a good rounded routine or is there a better alternative?
ICF 5x5 (Mon, Wed, Fri)
running 1.5-3 miles on off days and some heavy bag training (Tues, Thurs)

Will the running on off days affect my recovery from lifting and will it hamper the rate at which my lifts go up? Is the heavy bag overkill?

My goal is to be big and lean and conditioned for fighting aswell
>>
>>40022333
Is it that much better than a 1k deficit? I couldnty find comparisons
>>
>>40022268
We'll I alternate front and back squats with front on the days I do OHP, so the timing should be alright. But I am considering switching to only back for a bit just the speed up that adjustment and practice form more
>>
>>40022123
Ah alright, thanks. I was worried if I should keep breakfast to a 300 minimum, dinner 500, something like that.

So basically, I can do whatever I want as long as I have 1900 at the end of the day right?
>>
>>40022350
I can't speak that in depth, but I can tell you that it typically works faster and quicker.
>>
>>40022359
exactly.
and if you binge a little and go a little over? just eat a little less the next couple of days
it all evens out.
>>
>>40022334
ICF is alright. You can also look up SL and SS. They're pretty similar and probably more used.

Running on off days won't significantly slow your lifts down, but they do have an effect, still worth it though, especially if you're building stamina

Don't know about heavy bags though
>>
>>40022367
Sweet. What about distributing fats/protein/carbs throughout the day? Could I theoretically eat 1900 calories worth protein bars?
>>
>>40022409
But SL and SS don't have any accessory work, will I look worse after a period of SL/SS versus ICF? or will my compound lifts be stronger as a result?
>>
File: poklonskaya.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
poklonskaya.gif
2MB, 400x225px
Anyone have a nazi workout routine? Will also accept ancient greek, fashy italian, norse or russian
>>
Can a minimally bulged disc repair itself over time if in pt and working the core.
>>
>>40022526
You're supposed to add accessory to SL and SS
>>
Is there any foods or recipes I can add in unflavored protein powder to like pancakes or cakes.
>>
>>40022566
Peanut butter, honey, brown sugar
>>
A TDEE Calculator said that for me to gain weight I would need to have my daily calorie intake in the 3000s, but I seem to be able to do it just fine around the 2000 mark. Should I just do what I have been doing?
>>
>>40022665
If you're a guy there is zero chance you're going to gain weight on a 2000 calorie diet.

Give your height/weight
>>
I've been cutting for the last 8 months from 185lb to 140lb, I can barely see my abs now, I'm 16% 5'9 should I keep cutting or is time to bulk?
>>
>>40023296
I would personally recommend cutting to at-least 12-13%
>>
should i use squat shoes like adidas wl shoes if im a complete novice?
>>
whats a good calorie deficit to cut at when I train 6 times a week? 5'7 185 pounds and scooby calculator says 2700 which is a lot.
>>
>>40022557
How do I go about doing that?
>>
>>40023257
5'10 173, up 6 pounds in the past few months while doing a clean bulk of about .5 lbs per week and I know for sure im eating more in the 2000-2500 range then what the calculator gave me
>>
Alright here is the deal.

Im somewhat skinny(169cm, 60-65kg) no exercise at all since military service back in 2015.

When i fap and cum i get tired, but really tired and get a weak but noticeable headache.
If i want i can keep going another round or 2 more but i would get tires to the point i wouldn't move in a day.

What is wrong with me, i lack testosterone? My diet is not bad as far as im aware.
Should i just get /fit/?
>>
File: 1466357841628.jpg (131KB, 954x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1466357841628.jpg
131KB, 954x1190px
I want to get my own bench and dumbbells for home use. However, I have very little space and am always putting things away to make room (ie. I put my mattress up on the wall and then set up a folding table, and now it's the dining room. I get my computer out (like right now) and it's the office, etc.) As such I can't afford to have a stack of weights and a bench sitting out all the time.

Are there good and affordable options for weight sets and benches that can be stored away when not in use, and do not take up much space? I'll probably be buying used if I can find them for sale somewhere. I know there are dumbbells that 'nest' when stored, and I've also seen a travel weight bench on amazon. Are these items worthwhile products beyond their easy storage? Thanks all.
>>
Ok guys. I've been trying to get 4 plate this past 2 months and took my 315 Rep range from 6-10 as of today. But for some fucking reason I can't seem to pull 4 pl8. I got it up 3/4 of the way and failed. I already get the whole it's all in your head shit but I need some brotips to help me out
>>
>>40017440
I was able to 1 arm incline press a 100LB dumbbell today, 6 reps with my right arm, 5 with my left. I am 220LBS.

Would you consider this strong fit?
>>
>>40023919
Dumbbells transfer over to barbell at about .75-.8 of your barbell Max soo your 1 rm is about 270-280 at 200. You're at an advanced level according to symmetric strength. But it goes advanced exceptional elite world class. Soo do whatever you want with this information
>>
>>40023997
I benched 285 for 6 reps a couple weeks ago.

Have gotten 120LB dumbbells for 9 reps too.

I'm talking doing the exercise one arm at a time, not both at the same time. Requires more balance and stuff, or at least I know it's definitely harder that way. Maybe being strong wasn't the best way to put it.
>>
>>40023722
The BMI for you is awfully close to overweight, what's your BF%? I'm an inch taller than you and close to your weight but even I've got some fat to lose.
>>
As far as roiding is concerned is there such thing as a "mini cycle" or something? Like can I just take some test for a few weeks and get some small gains from it while minimising long term harm associated with roids? Will any of the gains made stick around afterwards?
>>
>>40023686
WOuld you consider yourself intermediate or a beginner? (Intermediate meaning you've made significant strength gains since starting 3-4 months ago )

If you're a beginner, subtract your deficit from your maintenance calories. Scooby's calculator tends to be a little generous.
>>
>>40023839
>My diet is not bad as far as im aware.
Fatigue from normal activities sounds like your diet is bad.

Have you been counting calories?
>>
>>40024280
the big thing about gear (or so I've been told) is that very soon after stopping taking it gains start to go away. Like strength goes away within a week and muscle starts disappearing in a month.
>>
>>40019539
When your body needs energy, it secretes glucagon, which converts glycogen to glucose. Glucose is what your body uses as fuel when not in ketosis. When you are in ketosis, your body uses ketones as energy. The purpose of most low carb diets is to put your body in ketosis. Ketosis is not to be confused with ketoacidosis which is a state when your body can't produce enough insulin and your blood becomes acidodic. Hope this helps.
>>
I'm 5'9 and bulk on 3200 calories

Whenever I say this, about 90% of responses are people laughing and saying that is pathetic. I'm making gains and people have been saying I'm getting bigger. Is 3200 okay, or am I really not eating enough?
>>
i binged really hard tonight and im thinkin about puking it up should i do ti.
>>
>>40022334
Bumping for other opinions.
>>
>>40024346
Here's is what you need to know about bulking:

Regardless of what any calculator says, who claims what, or whatever, you want to be aiming for gaining one pound per week.

Are you currently gaining 1 lb/wk? If not, adjust calories until you are. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>40024391
I am. So I guess that means I'm fine?
>>
>>40024408
Yes. Not everybody conforms to the examples in a TDEE calculator. They're educated estimates, not diagnostics.
>>
File: yTn81FA[1].png (49KB, 346x336px) Image search: [Google]
yTn81FA[1].png
49KB, 346x336px
>>40024391
What's the dealio with eventual gains? I'm a DYEL so I have no idea.

1 lb/wk makes sense for year one, so let's say you do it for 40 weeks, gain 20 pounds of muscle and 20 pounds of fat, then use the last 12 weeks to cut off the fat.

Then year two are you still gaining 1 lb/wk even though your noob gains slow down and you gain half the muscle? So in 40 weeks you gain 10 pounds of muscle and 30 pounds of fat on year two. Even more fat for the next year, etc.

This can't possibly be right, I'm not understanding something here. Common sense says to eventually cut down your surplus, since you can expect to make half the gains start eating +250 instead of +500, but everyone on /fit/ always says EAT BIG GET BIG at an advanced level so that's the opposite of what I understand.
>>
>>40024587
The infographic you've got there is correct. The first year is when you gain all the muscle, after that it becomes increasingly difficult to put it on without incurring large amounts of fat either.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28KB, 719x122px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28KB, 719x122px
The macros on the right are the ones scooby's calorie calculator gave me, and on the left that's the total of everything I've eaten today. What should I do? I've already gone past the protein amount, do I need to fill up the calories too?

I'm 5' 7 and 62kg if that helps
>>
>>40024603
So for year two, do I still eat at +500 which is 1 pound a week, or do I cut it down to +250 which is 0.5 pounds a week?
>>
>>40024630
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. I've not gotten that far yet.
>>
so i'm doing my first cut after a serious clean bulk that lasted about five months.

For the first time my abs are becoming visible, and I'd estimate that in another 10lbs lost i'll have a decent six pack( i pretty much have a weird muscular stomach at the moment).

My question is in regards to the adonis belt. I've been a fat fuck all my life and i've noticed this v-shape starting to appear above my pubes. If I keep cutting will this turn into an adonis or apollo's belt?
>>
>>40024746
possibly. Only one way to find out.
>>
Anything wrong with multi vitamins?
>>
>>40024850
Most people don't need them. That's about it.
>>
should I do the stretches in the sticky daily or just after working out?
>>
Do I want to be doing tricep or chest dips as a beginner? Is it beneficial to alternate between the two types? Last few weeks Ive just been doing whatever to actually complete a set not realising there's two different types
>>
hows this for a diet?
Wake up
-mass gainer shake
-multi vitamin

Breakfast
-cup o oats with peanut butter banana honey maybe berries or some shit
-4 eggs with cheese
-16oz milk

Lunch 1
-4oz chicken
-2 cups rice
-veggie
-16oz milk

Lunch 2
-4oz chicken
-2 cups pasta with sauce
-fruit
-16oz milk

Dinner
-8oz beef
-some kind of potato
-somethin else
-16oz milk

Before bed
-mass gainer shake
trying to be a bit cleaner in my diet, been dirty bulking till now.
>>
>>40025206
show me the calories anon, it doesn't mean shit if you don't know the value of what you're eating.
>>
>>40025133
as a beginner it probably doesnt matter. when i was starting out i just focused on doing the dips with good depth and trying to add weight or reps
>>40025004
definitely after working out, but it's recommended in the sticky to do them everyday if you can iirc. i would recommend daily
>>40024850
you usually dont need the nutrition, if you do they help, if you dont you loose 5 bucks every month or so on them
>>40024372
nah man, just go for a walk and try to redeem yourself, and get back at it. we're all gonna make it
>>40024346
also 5'9, 175 here. i started bulking end of august at a minimum of 3500 and max of 5000 a day, some days id fuck up and only get like 1800. if you're making progress go for it, fuck what some dyel loser on some korean frisbee golf image board has to say. im up 30 pounds since i started bulking and i know im carrying more fat but i really could care because ive had the best gains of my life and even though ive put on some fat ive put on even more muscle, so who fucking cares? you do you man, honestly 3200 is only like 100 under what i was supposed to be hitting, i just wanted a really hard bulk
>>
>>40025232
well fuck man i mean the shits all pretty standard, ive not bought the shit yet. this was just something i threw together i figured would get me close, ill make a copy with macros and repost
>>
>>40022496
Sure you can do that.
probably isnt optimal nutrition but you can.
>>
>>40025241
>>40025232
updated for your reading pleasure
its actually a lot more than i though it was, i may need to curb it back a bit, the beef for dinner is killing it

>Wake up
-mass gainer shake
-multi vitamin
>Breakfast
-cup o oats with peanut butter, banana, honey, protein scoop, maybe berries or some shit
-4 eggs with cheese
-16oz milk
Total - calories 1480 carbs 134 protein 100 fat 57
>Lunch 1
-4oz chicken
-2 cups rice
-veggie
-16oz milk
Total - calories 850 carbs 114 protein 56 fat 12
>Lunch 2
-4oz chicken
-2 cups rice
-fruit
-16oz milk
Total - calories 880 carbs 120 protein 50 fat 12
>Dinner
-8oz beef
-pasta with sauce
-somethin else
-16oz milk
Total - calories 1150 carbs 52 protein 46 fat 76
>Before bed
-mass gainer shake

2 gainer shakes together are
Total - calories 1250 carbs 252 protein 56 fat 2

Total - 5610 calories, 672g carbs, 308g protein, 159g fat
according to iifym i need 3400ish, 500ish, 200ish, and then 80ish, so this is a bit much. im worried about not getting enough though, im lifting a fuck ton for the next three months (5/3/1 BBB) and running a 5k three times a week in efforts to drop my time, so i'll definitely need to fuel recovery but this seems a bit much maybe?
>>
Best abdonimal accessories for Madcow? The original Bill Starr page (https://stronglifts.com/madcow/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm) says weighted sit-ups on Monday, regular sit-ups Wednesday, but is that really ideal?
>>
When I look at calories needed to lose 2lb / wk, is that pre or post caloric burn from exercise and such? I've erred on the side of pre to make sure but I always feel hungry and I might be cutting too much.

I can feel my stomach muscles through my fat and they're nice and firm. Is this real life and I'll have a nice figure once the fat goes or have I herniated myself/ am I deluding myself?

If I'm more into lifting, is cardio super necessary? Not my favorite but I do it after my lifts. I'm mainly doing lifting and cutting because I heard it was the best way to lose weight over cardio.
>>
>>40017440
Most bulking surpluses for novices are 500 cal (max), but 200cal is more realistic to not gain too much fat, right?
Does that number change for a guy who is 6'2"? Or the amount of weight I should be gaining per week, does that change due to my height too?
>>
Anyone have a cheat sheet for upoer body weight work outs i can do as a gym noob
>>
Which schedule is better for hyperthrophy?
PHUL or PHAT?
>>
>>40022093
this is a very fast weight loss
>>
How much weight would I lose approximately if I eat at a 500 cal deficit?

Also, should I take creatine on a cut?
>>
>>40017440
Can i get gainz as a fat fuck while cutting on PPL?
wasted 6 months doing SL and getting no gainz on a bulk. wanna kill myself so bad.
>>
>Leg day
>Squats and four quad isolations for accessories
>only sore in hamstrings

I dont understand
>>
File: 1477102590456.png (64KB, 507x540px) Image search: [Google]
1477102590456.png
64KB, 507x540px
Class starts this week which means I'll have access to a gym for the first time. After consulting some of my /fit/ friends, I've narrowed down that I want to do plyometrics to hone my body for martial arts that I'm taking.

Working out 5 days a week, I'm planning on doing
>Mon/Wed/Fri: DB military press, leg curls, crunches, sit-ups, planks, medicine ball throws, squats, jump steps
>Tue/Thurs: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw27.htm the first workout in this article

How do I determine how many sets/reps I do with each exercise? How long should a typical workout be?

My goals are improved balance, coordination, power and speed.
>>
File: IMG_0136.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0136.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
GUYS i think i've accidentally been using this smaller bar for my compounds.. it's not 45 im guessing.

how much do you think this is? fuck i've been cheating myself
>>
>>40026593
Might say on the barbell what it weighs. Women's barbells usually weigh 10-15 kg.

Though tho be fair the big one in the picture looks pretty small too.
>>
>>40026593
Ask someone working there or carry out to a scale. Quit being autismal.
>>40026450
I'm not sure on poly as I've never done them but for compounds you go from 5x5 - 3x5 or 5x3 - 3x3, as you transition from new to intermediate (generally speaking, there are tons of other schemes). For accessories, 3-5x8-13 is a good range.
>>40026251
Soreness isn't an indicator of anything.
>>40026118
Yup.
>>40026110
Your choice but creatine results in a bit of bloat. 500 deficit depends on your size Ave lifestyle but it's a safe number.
>>40025736
Sticky.
>>40025750
They're both good, one has you going more often so that probably will give more.
>>40025588
200 is low if you're skinny at that height. Do 300-500 for a few weeks and adjust if you need.
>>40025564
Try HIIT for losing fat but it'll impact your lifts. 2lb is a steep cut.
>>40025541
Ab accessories aren't important as long as you work then - I prefer hanging leg raises as it also decompresses the spine after dead or squats.
>>
are we living in hell
>>
>>40026663
feels like it sometimes
>>
>>40026593
How much of a Manlet are you to think that that bar is a normal sized bar?
>>
>>40026639
>>40026645
>>40026674
bros im paranoid now.. does the large at least look like 45? it's Hampton brand
>>
I'm struggling a little with getting the appetite to increase my calorie intake

If I start doing cardio twice a week for a month, that should increase TDEE, which should in turn increase my appetite, right? If I then drop the cardio, I should be able to just keep eating like I did ruing the month without issues, but since my TDEE has dropped I will be eating at a bigger surplus

Would this work
>>
>>40023538
nah
>>
>>40023872
Just buy gym membership.

That said, most folding benches are hella gay and unstable, and the only worthwile nested db are bowflex and even they suck. Whatever you do, buy such stuff in person to test, not on amazon or such.
>>
>>40024280
Do not do that.
>>
>>40026679
Can't fucking tell dude. If it doesn't say on the side or anywhere else on the barbell you're just gonna have to ask someone who works there.
>>
>>40026682
Technically. But how much of an aspie are you that you need to trick yourself this hard instead of just... doing it.
>>
didn't see a routine general so i'll have to ask for some pointers on my new routine here

been lifting for 10 months on a full body 3x/week program mostly within the 5-8 rep range. got my lifts up from only the bar to 80kg bench, 50kg ohp, 140kg deadlift, 80kg squat (neglected the squat for a bit in the beginning + being a lanklet explains my shitty performance) for 5 reps. also from zero to 7-8 chins and 10 dips.

i feel like adding another day and also a bit more volume to get somemore hypertrophy work in, and ive decided on a pull/push power/hypertrophy routine.

i'd just like to get some pointers or tips, maybe theres some imbalance in the routine i'm not noticing or maybe too much volume for a novice lifter?

monday - push, hypertrophy 3x12
incline dumbbell press
dumbbell ohp or shoulder press machine
dips
side lateral raises
leg press
tricep extentions

tuesday - pull, power 3x5
deadlifts (only 1 heavy set of 5)
seated row
weighted chins
farmer walks

thursday - push, power 3x5
bench press
ohp
squats
weighted dips

friday - pull, hypertrophy 3x12
trap bar deadlift
chins
seated row
bicep curls with rope
hammer curls
shrugs
>>
I have an hour for my lunch break. I'm a code monkey so I need to get up and go somewhere or I will lose my mind.

Any tips on what to do during that time?
>>
>>40026930
Darebee.com random workout.
>>
>>40026930
Some stretching/mobility and just moving around imo.
>>
>>40026930
Also should mention I work in a tiny open space office so I can't randomly stretch

Fuck this new open space fad
>>
I usually run 20 minutes at 13 km/h before my workout, should I do it after my workout? A friend of mine told me that it consumes sugar, thus decreasing my lifts
>>
>>40026980

Your body has more than enough glycogen to fuel a 20 minute run and lifting, but I would still run after lifting so your body isn't fatigued. Doing it before will tax your cardiovascular system and hurt recovery while lifting.
>>
>>40026980
Yeah do it after. You waste energy you could use on your lifts if you run before
>>
Is there anything wrong with a beginner using a split program?
>>
File: Discon.gif (500KB, 450x317px) Image search: [Google]
Discon.gif
500KB, 450x317px
Anyone follow Oskar Farog's bodyweight training for skinny fat cunts? How is/ was it?
>>
>>40026997

No, but don't do a retarded 6-day brosplit where you have an "arms" day and a "shoulders" day. Doing a PPL split is fine.
>>
Anyone living in Paris know of a cheap gym with squat racks and that in?

Just moved here, and all the gyms I've looked at are way too expensive or are just filled with machines and cardio stuff.

Sweet cheers thanks let me know au revoir
>>
>>40026997
If you are about mere hypertrophy for dem bitches a brosplit from the get go will work fine, but an ever so little strength base is greatly advised and that needs full body (or alternating full body) for a while. Priorities.
>>
>>40026997
not really, but it's unnecessary and depending on the split it can be counterproductive. on a 3 days a week full body routine you're training your whole body 3 times a week. on most splits you're training your whole body 1 or 2 times a week, which is less frequent even if the number of training sessions is greater on the split.
>>
>>40027046
this post is stupid. split vs fullbody has nothing to do with hypertrophy vs strength. and "strength base" is bullshit too. routines like SS are made to pack on muscle mass as well as strength. they don't build a "strength base", they make you big as quickly as possible.
>>
>>40026997
it's suboptimal, you don't have to do SS but there is some middle ground where you hit a muscle more than once a week and the gains are greater
>>
>>40027086

Actually there is some merit to what he said. SS has you doing squats 3x a week because most of your noob gains are CNS strength gains, not increases in muscle mass, meaning training less frequently wouldn't make you recover any better and would be sub-optimal. But as a result of getting strong as quickly as possible, you lift heavier weights and thus tax your muscles more, meaning you get bigger quicker too.
>>
I'm at approx 18% body fat now
Should I get leaner before doing the starting strength program?
I've been eating at a calorie deficit for 2 weeks now and it's alright, I haven't started cardio training though.
So should I lose fat before trying to build muscle?
>>
File: ShotType1_328x328.jpg (11KB, 328x328px) Image search: [Google]
ShotType1_328x328.jpg
11KB, 328x328px
>>40017440
are pepper flavored Rice waffles bad? I used to eat them almost every other day.
>brown rice 34%
>white rice 25%
>corn grits 25,4%
>rapeseed oil
>salt
>spice pepper 1,3%
>whey powder (from milk)
>sugar
>aromas (including smoke)
>onion powder
>fructose
>tomato powder
>cheese powder
>citric acid
>garlic powder
>spices
>annato

>415 kcal per 100g
>9,7g fats (including 1g saturated)
>74g carbs (including 3,4g sugars)
>2,8g roughage
>7,2g protein
>1,7g salt
I usally eat whole pack at once (145g). Fatty here.
>>
>>40027122

Despite what you'll hear all the time on /fit/, as an overweight beginner you can lose fat and build some muscle. It will obviously be tougher, but I recommend starting lifting right away and doing what you can. If your caloric deficit is so bad that you can't make any strength gains, then so be it, but I have a feeling you will still get stronger.
>>
>>40027123

>refined carbs
>oil with no nutritional value
>fructose
>ton of salt

Yeah these are pretty shitty for you, although as far as a snack for a fatty, 400 kcal to binge on a package isn't as bad as it could be.
>>
>>40027138
Alright senpai I'll give it a try
I should start tomorrow but I'm kind of anxious
Gonna lean the squat and the military press first
>>
File: 1481913296883.jpg (572KB, 1175x880px) Image search: [Google]
1481913296883.jpg
572KB, 1175x880px
Been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for about 3 months now with pretty good results. Should I keep increasing the weights only or add additional exercises? Should I do cardio days? I'm close to ottermode, struggling to put on mass
>>
>>40026782
somebody? anybody
>>
>>40022334
Bump
>>
>>40027327
don't stop adding weight
if you're struggling to put on mass, you know what you have to do
eat more
>>
What's a good strength routine if I've stopped making gains on SS?
Don't give a fuck about aesthetics, just want to get stronk as fuck.
>>
>>40027327
keep incraesing weight, eat more

>towel under bar
>smith 1pl8 calf raise
lmao wtf
>>
What exactly is the science behind noob gains? I've been lifting for like 6 1/2 months and I started a cut at the beginning of this month. People on here say I'm wasting my noob gains by not bulking to put on as much muscle as possible

It just seems like a weird concept to me
>>
I went on a two week minibulk after a 12month cut and my numbers went up a good 10-15% but after the second week back on the cut they've gone down (still 5-10% above pre bulk) is this to be expected?

Cut is 750kcal def
>>
>>40027523
thats his hoodie, didnt even notice him lmao

>>40027466
I asked in terms of is this enough to achieve a nice natty ottermode physique ? Don't I have to balance things out? or the 5 standard weights are enough even for another year?
>>
>>40027606

That sounds pretty normal. Make sure you get enough carbs before you hit the gym (fruits are good). 750kcal cut seems a bit excessive unless you are still overweight, what is your BF%?
>>
My bench stalled at 125 lbs, so I deloaded and now its stalled again at 125 lbs. What do I do?

I've been following reddits ppl routine and my lower body lifts are still going up. I'm squatting ~2 plates 3x5 and dead lifting 3 plates 1x5 and those lifts are still going up every session.
>>
>>40027623
get big, then cut
to get big, guess what you have to do?
>>
>>40027624
I usually wake up and have 60g oats, 200g Greek yogurt and 60g mixed berries and a banana before heading to the gym. Is that enough?

If I had to guess 20-25%bf at 235lbs /6'3.

My squat went from 110 to 125kg, bench 60 to 65kg in two weeks but back to about half way. By down I mean I could do those for 5x reps but now I fail each on the third or fourth rep
>>
>>40027652

That breakfast is fine. Keep doing what you're doing, good luck with the weight loss!
>>
>>40027623
If I understand you correctly you've only lifted or done SL for 3 months. You can still gain a lot from SL.
Feel free to add accessory exercises if you haven't done it already.
Yes, with accessory it's easily enough for ottermode (even without probably)
>>
I have been stuck at a 450lbs max deadlift for over a year. Have been doing 5/3/1 thanks to /fit/'s suggestions. I need your help getting to 500 lbs. Thanks.

>5'7
>170 lbs
>>
>>40027664
Cheers. Will keep at it
>>
>>40027719
you need to ask /PLG/ or a different forum probably no one ITT can help you
>>
I have a sharp pain across my two shoulder blades/spine when I wake up and they're pretty stiff throughout the day.

When I do some lifts in particular (OHP, Squats) there's an extremely painful sharp pain here when I finish a set.

Any idea what this could be? From what I remember it just seems to have started when I woke up one day.
>>
>>40017440
Is meat bad for you?
>>
>>40027719
eat more

QUESTION :

not new to fitness but changing my routine up in the first time since forever, is CHEST/BACK and SHOULDERS/LEGS a bad mix or what? i feel like i could make it work, keep in mind i have 4 years of training so my body is already used to training
>>
>First cut after perma bulking for 3 years
> 201 cm, ~115 kg
> BMR = 3800 kcal
>35p/35c/30f diet

Even at only 35% protein I will need 300g of protein a day. Is this realistic? I can get the protein but that seems pretty high even for a cut.
>>
File: 1387585863488.jpg (69KB, 600x690px) Image search: [Google]
1387585863488.jpg
69KB, 600x690px
If you replaced leg day with heavy cycling on a bike machine, what would happen?
>>
>>40028197
not inherently

>>40028201
not bad mix
>>
>>40028201
It's more or less an upper/lower with a slight adjustment.

Depending on what you throw in there (inclines on chest will make your shoulders tired if you do them the day after for example) then you're probably good to go.
>>
>>40028237
it would be extremely painful
>>
>>40028209
It's way too high. You only need 1g/lb of LEAN mass
>>
>>40028237
You'd get good at cycling and worse at squats/dl's

That's about it, maybe lose some muscles mass over the course of a few weeks
>>
>>40028376
heavy resistance cycling you probably wouldn't lose so much off your quads and glutes and calves depending on technique

not enough work for the hams probably
>>
>>40028209
You only need like at most 0.8g/kg of body weight. Just add in more fats and carbs.
>>
Anyone know the feeling when doing lateral raises when your shoulder blade is digging into your back/over a muscle?

Am I doing it wrong? I do externally rotate during lateral raises cause athleanx and blaha said so.
>>
>>40028369
better to be safe than sorry, 300g WOULD be a waste but i feel like i get to nearly 300g every day by clean eating. its hard to get 3200 cals without having high protein numbers desu

>>40028209
just eat more nuts, eggs, yogurt, maybe an extra scoop of whey? i get around 285g of protein a day without trying but then again i take two shakes a day (4 scoops total) so take my advice with a grain of salt.
>>
>>40028420
Yeah. Just decrease range of motion until it's comfortable and use less momentum (lighter weight).
>>
>>40028453
No it's not just eat higher carb. Beans, potatoes
>>
Is it normal that my nondominant arm feels strain around the elbow tendon/forearm when doing lateral raises? My right arm is fine and I feel it in the shoulder, but my left keeps feeling strain around the tendon of my elbow and in my forearm. Same weight, same form, same speed. I don't understand why.
>>
>>40028369
>>40028394
>>40028453
So if I made it more like 25p/35f/40c at 3400 kcal, that puts me at 215g protein which is a bit above my LBM, but not as insane.

Does that sound good? Not wasting money on 4 scoops of whey each day.
>>
>>40028488
Put your thumb over top on the same side of the dumbbell as your other fingers if you don't already, and do raises one arm at a time.

>>40028501
Yeah it will work better. Higher carb means more nutrients, fiber, and better gym performance
>>
Should i be touching my chest when doing lat pulldowns?
>>
>>40028514
I do one arm at a time, but I haven't tried the thumb over the grip. I'll try that tomorrow and see if it helps.
>>
>>40028524
Depends on what you want to accomplish. Training the rhomboids and traps = touch upper chest, full scapular retraction. Training the lats = pull to belly button, full scapular depression.
>>
On a cut, mfp says I'm getting 1100% of my daily vitamin C. Is that an issue? I have half a green pepper in my spaghetti each day and two 12 of servings of frozen mixed vegetables.
>>
How do you guys hit PRs without someone to spot you?
>>
>>40028647
Vitamin C is in everything. Your body will process only what it needs and you'll piss out the rest. There's no issue with getting an over abundance of Vit C.
>>
>>40028670
Unless it's a pull type lift, you don't, or you shouldn't anyways.
>>
>>40028672
From food that is. There are potential issues with going overboard with supplemental vitamin C.
>>
>>40028821
Yeah. Most people should never need to supplement Vit C however. Like I said, it's in practically everything, similar to magnesium and iodine.
>>
>>40025324
>its actually a lot more than i though it was
this is why you count calories.
>>
File: 2017-01-13 175 pounds front.png (4MB, 1503x2672px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-13 175 pounds front.png
4MB, 1503x2672px
pic related is me. I want to up my weight loss to 1.5lbs/wk. I lift 3x a week and just started running. My TDEE (5'11", 175 lbs) is about 2150.

Is 1400 cal/day too low? I'd be doing a refeed every two weeks.
>>
>>40028905
1400 might be pushing it. Start around 1700 or so and work down if you need to.
>>
>>40028929
Funny enough I've been eating at 1700 and weight loss is between 0.8-1 lbs per week. This is way too slow for me and I'd prefer at-least another half pound gone.
>>
>>40028946
If you've already adjusted, then I'd say go for 1400. Make sure you add in cardio foto maximize weight loss. Even just getting 5 miles of walking a day helps.
>>
>>40028957
gotcha, and I will be refeeding every 2 weeks to make sure leptin levels are alright. I think it's where I get stuck every time.
>>
>>40028970
>refeeding

What is this meme that you bought into?
>>
>>40028982
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/refeeds-for-fat-loss-the-science-behind-leptin.html

seems pretty sound and explains my situations previously where fat loss would bottom out after about 2-3 months despite fast progress.
>>
>>40028501
I always say get enough protein, get enough fat, then do whatever you want.
>>
>>40029020
Yeah that's a load of crap. I cut from 202 to 153 without "refeeding". Disregard anything that over complicates a simple practice.
>>
>>40029061
But I didn't. The diet was correct or else I wouldn't have gotten down from 205-180 in the first place. You don't lose 20 pounds in water weight.

Is there any science in there that isn't sound? It's not suggesting refeeds are 100% required for everyone.
>>
>>40029089
The science it's suggesting is more of one for convenience , not for results. Leptin controls appetite and hunger, not fat loss. The article is suggesting that by "refeeding", you maintain levels, making it easier to sustain a low calorie cut for longer without becoming miserable. Proper diet planning avoids this issue altogether
>>
What can I expect to gain from weighted pull ups? I can't fit much in my house right now, so I thought a pull up bar and weights would be my best bet.
>>
am I making a mistake switching from low bar to high bar on SL? the reason why is that I read that low bar is more about saying you can squat bigger numbers with little actual extra benefits than high bar but that obviously comes with a higher injury rate. on the other hand I read that high bar can leave your hamstrings weak without accessories

also the less plates I have to put on the bar the better so whenever I fail i have less shit to take off to rerack and put back on the better
>>
>>40029304
Lats and biceps, with slight bits on shoulders and triceps. How wide are you going?
>>
I've been lifting with a butt plug for 1 month, does it really prevents you hemorrhoids for squatting?? I saw a post the other day about that so It made sense and everyone had their butt plugs but now I feel kinda trolled..

It isn't that bad tho
>>
>>40029320

You sound like you want to do high bar, so do high bar. You've already mentioned the main differences between the lifts, but as long as you are squatting you're fine. If you are worried about losing out on gains, you could always alternate high/low.
>>
I read the sticky but I don't really get how much I'm supposed to eat. I'm 6"0 weighing 187.5 pounds and I'm just skinny fat but average. It says I should eat 3128 calories per day for 3-5 hour of exercise per week, Execises beig Stronglift 5x5 (45 minutes each work out which is 3 per week) and 30 minutes of cardio being 2 days out of the week. Does this sound correct? Also how much protien,carbs, and fats should I eat?
>>
>>40029147
It's saying it has a direct impact on metabolism
>>
>>40029470
also put down the goal as "Gain muscle lose fat"
>>
>>40029470
No. when calculating TDEE, you always use sedentary. Their calculations for exercise can vary widely from person to person. Are you looking to bulk or cut? If bulk, add about 300 calories to your TDEE. If cut, take away about 300.
>>
>>40025238
Ty
>>
>>40029483
The fact that leptin itself was only discovered less than 10 years ago, and the effect will not add up to massive amounts, my point stands. St the end of the day, though, you're the one who controls what you eat. If you feel that it's helping and have the results to show it, then go for it. Otherwise, simply eating at a deficit has worked for ever and will keep doing so.
>>
>>40027486
>>40027486
>>40027486
>>40027486

pls respond
>>
>>40027719
have you read beyond 531? if not you should, even if you dont change to one of the variations then there are things that will help you, wendler is a smart guy and is always coming up with new things
specifically, you should be doing joker sets and first set last or some other volume variation
also, depending on your lockout issue or pulling issue, running a mini smolov or increasing your exercise like krok rows (i went up from 3x20 once a week to 5x20 twice a week) could give you the push you need. you can always deload your training max on 531 as well
>>
>>40029534
Texas Method and 5/3/1 are good programs. The sticky should have intermediate program listings as well.
>>
>>40029495
I'm looking to gain muscle. I jotted down desk job with little exercise and got 2422 calories . That sound alright? and I add 300 to that to bulk?
>>
>>40029321
No idea, I guess just until I feel satisfied. Do all those muscle groups include different types of grips?
>>
what brand of whey do i buy
>>
>>40029020
Leptin is something to worry about for people who want to suicide cut from 13+% to one-digit % bf. Just see to it that you have no deficit from sedentary tdee greater than -1000 and exercise a fuckload to raise it a bit.
>>
When can I start a different program besides strong lifts or SS?
>>
>>40029583
The closer the grip, the more focus on bis and tris. The wider the grip, the more focus on lats and shoulders.

>>40029578
I ran your numbers and you're TDEE is 2200. So if you want to bulk, ~2500 is your number.
>>
File: giphy.gif (474KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
474KB, 200x150px
>>40029369
>>
>>40029620
why do you want another one?
>>
>>40017440
>rowing machines
Just started, how many metres is a good distance? I only manage ~600m at a decent speed could go for longer but it's really sloppy after
>>
>>40029626
Thanks! Im going off of the sticky though shouldn't I add 500 calories to my TDEE to bulk? Also I know as far how much protien I should eat but have no idea how much carbs and fats I should eat
>>
>>40027486
>>40029555
these are both good recommendations. ive done both and they both build strength like crazy, texas method is nice to run in little bits, i usually run a month or 2 of it in between 531 cycles. TM might increase your numbers a bit more, but 531 will build stupid amounts of strength, all over your body, and you can run it for years and keep making progress and not have to change.
i would recommend 531. you start slowly but if you take your time and progress you will gain stupid amounts of strength. a couple notes on that
1 make sure you're doing joker sets, i cannot stress this enough
2 try to do one of the variations to add volume, first set last, boring but big, anything like that
3 do the 6 week cycles instead of the 4 week. the way that works is 5-3-531-5-3-531-deload instead of 5-3-531-deload. just saves a bit of time
4 - use the training max. its an ego check at first but it goes a long way, and even though you only up your training max by 10 pounds a month, your lifts will often go up by much more. i ran 531 for a few months back in the fall and never squat above like 265-275 and my 1rm was 325 when i tested it. trust wendler here
5 - every few months take 2 weeks to deload and 2-4 weeks to run something else
>>
File: unnamed.png (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
25KB, 300x300px
What apps could I use to help me get rid of some body weight?

I already use 7 Min workout, C25K and Runtastic.
>>
>>40021973
since you're a beginner it's best not to fuck around with SS that much. At the end of the book it suggests some exercises like pull-ups, dips, and rows... do those and you should be good. SS is meant to be easy to pick up so it shouldn't be too intense.
>>
>>40029724
weight loss is in the kitchen, not a gym.
>>
>>40029691
Im making linear progress, but it doesn't feel right only going to the gym for 20 - 30 minute sessions and i'm done. I'm currently doing SS. Would I see more gains doing something else?
>>
>>40022093
That's some very rapid weight loss there fella. Be careful what you do to your metabolism- don't go crazy.
>>
>>40029752
I'm not eating a lot, just the problem is the weight doesn't go down....
>>
>>40029724
>eatthismuch
>cron-o-meter
>>
>>40029761
If you haven't plateaued on progress, you don't stop SS. You're making important strength gains right now anon, you hop onto an intermediate routine once you finish SS. Also, you start to add accessories to SS once you're nearing the end of it.

Keep doing what you're doing.
>>
>>40022292
if your trying to build up your quads, yeah.
>>
>>40029776
bullshit, you're not counting calories.

Read the sticky faggot.
>>
>>40029612
>Leptin is something to worry about for people who want to suicide cut from 13+% to one-digit % bf.

Yet the article claims that you should refeed twice a month if you're over 20% BF.
>>
>>40029709
You want to be careful about adding on too much intake, else you might be putting on fat and not muscle. Start lower and then build up, not the other way around.
>>
>>40029799
The article is also just an aggregate of studies written by a blogger. Point is, you won't need refeeding and it won't add another .5lbs/wk to your weight loss like you're looking for.
>>
>>40029784
Thanks I'll keep on with it then. What sort of accessories should I add? Dips and chins? 3 x 5?
>>
>>40029849
I'm not suggesting it will, I'm planning on lowering my intake to 1400 a day and having a refeed every 2 weeks.

Admittedly a lot of this is just worry that I'm going to plateau again. I was losing weight steadily back from March through June at a rate of about 1-1.2 lbs a week. Then once I hit the low 180's it seemed to just shrivel up, despite having plenty of fat still left in me. (see >>40028905 if you must)

I shrugged the first two weeks off and continued to cut at 1600 a day and lifted 3x a week and saw next to no progress.This is when I started freaking out. I kind of panicked and lowered my intake to 1200 for two weeks and, once again, saw no progress. The scale just kept bouncing between 172 and 174 like it had been for over a month.

I know the first suggestion is "weigh your food" or "make sure your calories are accurate", but they had to have been (and I was weighing them) because otherwise how had I lost the weight before? Like I said earlier you don't lose 20 lbs from water weight. I hadn't changed what I was eating at all. I know this is all anecdotal and I have no way to prove it but I'm seeing a doctor in a few days for a general checkup and will probably inquire about that from him anyways.

I want to get lean so badly, I just want to make sure I don't hit a snag like the last two times that ultimately make me want to give up.

/end whinepost
>>
File: 1453659334307.jpg (70KB, 587x356px) Image search: [Google]
1453659334307.jpg
70KB, 587x356px
Skelly here who's just overcome his fear of going to the gym. 3 questions:

1. What reason is there for me to start cardio if I'm looking to gain weight and get strong?

2. How do you make a basic Whey smoothie? Any guide videos on YT?

3. As of now, I'm still experiencing DOMs and have been told it will go away in 2 weeks. Does it ever come back at any point as I progress torwards the typical Chad body?
>>
>>40030023
1. Cardio is good for you and the cardiovascular system. No reason not to unless you're afraid of breathing better.

2. Blender bottle + whey + water = shake. Alternatively you can put some banana or peanut butter in and even put it in a blender if you so desire.

3. DOMS doesn't really affect you again unless you work new muscles
>>
>>40030023
DOMS might come back if you mix up your training too, like when going from 5x5 to 3x10 or sth. Of course if you take 2 weeks off then be ready for some pain too, but it won't be as severe (unless you make some really long break).
>>
if i don't have a spotter and my gym's bench stations don't have safeties, how do i avoid getting hurt while benching to failure?
sure, i know about the roll of shame, but it seems to me like something you might do once in a while, not every time.
>>
Should I even change my routine if it's good enough?
>>
>>40030147
don't bench to failure, why would you do that

>>40030160
no, why do you want to?
>>
I want to start a lean bulk. A macro chart said sense im 6'1 and 140 lbs i should eat 2500 with 139g P, 70g F, and 336g carbs. I have had a past of restricting calories for months very hard (600-800/day), and i REALLY do not want to gain fat, only muscle. I understand it will take longer but thats what i want. Is my tdee fucked from restriction? should i eat 2000 2200 but with the 140g protein? is it the 140 g i need for muscle growth or the caloirc surplus? thanks
>>
>>40030186
I mean like can I keep a routine for like 3-4 years?
People usually say to switch it every few months or so if you're not a beginner. Is that a meme?
>>
>>40030023
Cardio is literally the best thing for your health in terms of exercise and has been proven to be countlessly through studies. I'm not doing my cardio right now which makes me feel guilty, but, by no means neglect it because it's a meme on /fit/.

If you do cardio, adjust your caloric intake to match your cardio. I'd recommend just running 5K every day. The rule of thumb is 100 calories per mile. If you're running at 80+% maximum effort for short distances (so fast sprints or short distances), add 35% to your calories from running. So if you ran a mile as fast as you possibly could, 100 kcal from the mile, 35 kcal for EPOC.

If you're a fatty, don't add that 35%.
>>
>>40030186
>don't bench to failure, why would you do that
5/3/1
>>
>>40030206
as long as you're progressing you don't have to change, how long have you kept adding weight on one routine and on which one?

>>40030225
so change gyms or ask someone to spot you, are you alone at the gym all the time? of course you can do the roll of shame or tilt the barbell so the weights fall off, but at some point it becomes a little risky
>>
Would switching from high bar to low bar squats yield DOMS? I did that yesterday and can't tell if my pain is DOMS or from really bad form. It's mostly around the hamstrings and the abductors
>>
>>40029799
Well to keep weak willed fat cunts motivated through the harder times. I meant giving a damn about leptin is actually NEEDED at hardcore bf% when not refeeding will fuck your metabolism and endocrine balance otherwise.
>>
>>40030268
if you're new to lifting (maybe up to a month) it's just DOMS, otherwise it's shit form
>>
>>40030296
Been lifting about two months now. My form was bad on high bar squats, and decided to lower the weight and switch to low bar since I'm already doing front squats as well. However I wasn't in any pain until this morning which leads me to believe it's DOMS
>>
File: 20170111_184801.png (215KB, 730x1744px) Image search: [Google]
20170111_184801.png
215KB, 730x1744px
>>40030264
Just finished linear progressing on fit's greyskull and switched to pic related U/L last week. I'm getting a nice feeling from it. Found it in another qtddtot (doing dlift on 5x3 not 5x1)
>>
>>40030268

I would expect some DOMS from switching, especially in the exact areas you described, but you should be able to tell the difference. If you really aren't sure then take a few days off, massage the area, take an NSAID, etc.
>>
>>40030312
It can be doms, you changed the exercise and worked these muscles harder, nothing unusual as long as it goes away eventually.

>>40030323
Well, then good luck, it's good to change sometimes just because it's boring to do the same thing whole year.
>>
File: sb2.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
sb2.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
so im 160 pounds at 5'9 which is the cap for being healthy for my stats. im also 18% bodyfat

now because i am fit illiterate I dont know how to get bigger but stay the same weight (in the healthy zone).

am i cutting by losing bf (weight) then working on muscle growth by bulking? I honestly don't know cutting or bulking (retard alert) i just go the gym and try to better my diet

help appreciated!
>>
File: DSC_0003.jpg (2MB, 5648x2420px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0003.jpg
2MB, 5648x2420px
>>40017440
can someone give BF% estimate? 175cm 65kg here, do you think i should bulk?
>>
Can I ride the Greyskull-train all the way to 1/2/3/4?

And I think I'm putting on some fat with my muscle,is there a way to keep that to a minimum,besides cardio and counting calories or is that all I can do?
>>
>>40030441
Probably around 13-14%, and yes you should bulk. You're tiny.
>>
Tomorrow I'll be beginning Starting Strength
I'm a skinny fat piece of shit though and I need to lower my body fat percentage
So should I do the work out on a calorie deficit? Will it be harmful to my progression?
Should I just do some cardio until I get leaner?
>>
>>40030225
the trick for things like that is you should be able to tell if you can get that last one up or not. I always now which ones im really shaky on, and just dont do them unless i have a spotter
>>
>>40030597
Yes, work out on a calorie deficit. Your lifts will suck and won't get better, but you'll be losing weight and getting form and mental strength for when you bulk. Fat is counter active to muscle growth, so lowering bf% is always the most important step
>>
>>40030644
Alright thanks senpai I'll be doing that
>>
>>40030405

1. Read the sticky
2. Start by cutting. Eat less calories than you burn (preferably around 500 less per day)
3. Once you are lean enough (up to you to decide when), start bulking by eating more calories than you burn (preferably around 300 more per day, to avoid excess fat gain)
>>
>>40027486
The /plg/ in me wants to tell you either Texas Method or Sheiko
>>
>>40027486
If you want to customise to your needs while the program stays the same for ages: 5/3/1 with short 3 week or so breaks to do Texas Method.

If literally just stronk for motherland no fucks given: Sheiko, Sheiko, more Sheiko, until there is no Sheiko left, then the last one you did, for eternity.
>>
Looking into setting up a home gym.
Is there any reason to not use something like http://www.roguefitness.com/sml-1-rogue-70-monster-lite-squat-stand?prod_id=7987&gclid=CjwKEAiA2OzDBRCdqIyIqYaaqQoSJABeJZdirJ-qhIBZol2ZphNrmdNEXaAI2cQS_elXcpgZWNzT4BoC-jzw_wcB
?
buying all the equipment is pretty expensive and i see some mediocre power cages on craigslist.
Is there anything I can do with a power cage + adjustable bench that I cant do with that squat stand + safeties + adjustable bench?
>>
How do I into cut? Bulking +200 kcal rn. Do I simply start eating at -2/300? Or do I have to do it slower?
>>
>>40031094
Have a 2 week maintenance period before you go to minus calories. Easier transition, and youll probably start losing some weight with maintenance kcals already, which mostly comes from the excess water weight dropping off a bit.

If you are under 14-16 bf%, cut slower like 300 kcal a day, if over, you can go 500-1000 a day.
>>
say i miss my protein goal by 30 would eating 30 more the next day fix it
>>
>>40031145
Probably not / literally doesnt make any difference. If you count ur shit on a weekly level and are not too much off, a single days happenings dont mean shit usually.
>>
>>40031145
is 30 grams of protein going to fuck you in the grand scheme of things?
>>
>>40031163
how do i know
>>40031161
so its weekly goal then
>>
>>40031145
They are both lying. Missing 30g of protein has fucked you. Just quit lifting, become a permabulk.

Holy shit dude. Seriously. Fucking take a xanax and relax. Get your autism checked you are a severe case.
>>
>>40031207
? im relaxed just curious
>>
File: 67.png (334KB, 749x525px) Image search: [Google]
67.png
334KB, 749x525px
how much time would it take to get from picture 1 (left) to picture 2?
I'm 5'8 and 119 lbs
>>
>>40031243
4-7 months Id guess, depends how well you know your stuff
>>
>>40031136
So it's only because it's easier? Not because I'll lose more muscle than I should? I trust you I'm just curious.
>>
I never hurt my shins while deadlifting, am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>40031243
well first you'd have to rise from the grave, left looks like a corpse
>>
>>40031273
im around 80 percent sure it was lyle mcdonald who recommended doing that, and for me that is a yes then. His writings are probably the best shit out there for any subject regarding metabolism and how to deal with it.

bodyrecomposition forums are his home.
>>
>>40031213
Your asking about missing 30g of protein on a day, that is hardly relaxed. Let me give you a tip.

Your diet is what you do 95% of the time over the course of years. Your training is exactly the same. If you overeat most of the time, you get fat. If you under eat most of the time you lose weight. If you train 3+ days a weak with some non-complete-retarded-plan (even retarded ones work honestly for most people) you will get stronger. Missing a workout. Missing a meal, matters dick all.

Let's say you eat 150g of protein a day. Over the course of a year you ate 54750g of protein, does missing 30 seem like it should matter?, literally missing 0.0547% of your protein?

You shouldn't worry about silly shit like missing a little protein.
>>
Any tips on weight room etiquette? I'm a little intimidated, being a grill and total noob, but I'm ready to switch from db to bb exercises and brave the free weight room. I just don't want to be an obnoxious, in the way person.
>>
>>40031343
yes 0.0547% matters
its better if you have that than if you dont
>>
>>40031273
Yeah, i googled it and it was lyle. Just put this shit in google if youre too retarded to find anything yourself

"site:w w w .bodyrecomposition . com 2 week maintenance"

without quotes, fill gaps.
>>
>>40031344
put shit away after you are done.
try not to yell or throw weights.

pretty much it
>>
What is a frame?
Does swimming improve your looks?
>>
>>40031374
>Autism detected
>>
I haven't been to the gym in about 2 weeks now because I hurt my lower back, it wasn't something that happened in a single session but it kinda gradually got worse, some days it'd be fine and other days I'd have a weird nagging pain in the left side of my lower back/hip area, anyway, I'm gonna lift for the first time in 2 weeks and I don't really know what to expect, will I be significantly weaker? I haven't been hitting my calorie goals but have somehow maintained my weight more or less since it's only been 2 weeks. I also feel a bit anxious for whatever reason even though I know what to expect since i've been going to the gym for a few months now, any idea as to why I feel anxious?
>>
>>40031390
Chill. Ty
>>
File: 12341234.png (251KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
12341234.png
251KB, 382x417px
>>40017440
I've been on brosplit for as long as I can remember and am looking for a new routine for this cutting season, any tips/links?
>>
>>40031418
>fat detected
>>
>>40031391

Your frame is your skeletal structure. Swimming will help you lose weight and SLIGHTLY build muscle, so yes, it improves your looks.
>>
File: kamina.png (1MB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
kamina.png
1MB, 1280x959px
>>40030660
thanks mate, heres a kamina for your help
>>
File: NUREgKr.jpg (46KB, 515x285px) Image search: [Google]
NUREgKr.jpg
46KB, 515x285px
>>40017440
I've done pretty well this past 6 months running 6 days a week PPL, but in 2-3 weeks (And I'm going on holidays til then) I'll be swamped with new responsabilities and will only be able to do 1h workouts, 3 days a week.

Which programs do I have available?

I Don't want some super beginer SS SL thing.

I've read that for just 3 days/week I should aim for a full body workout each day.

Any suggestions? I'm feeling kind of lost here.
>>
>>40032479
5/3/1 with whatever accessories you feel like adding.
>>
File: IMG_20170115_153503.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170115_153503.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Is there any fitness program using exercise machines instead of barbell training? I joined a gym that has just one bench and cage but lots of machines.

>triceps press, chest press, shoulder press, pec deck, seated lat, triceps pull down, cross chest pulley, triceps-French press

My legs are very developed due to long walks and running for years. So I want to focus on everything but my legs.
>>
Are there any routines where you do all, or at least most, big lifts every workout?
Obviously not going to failure or even close.
>>
How do I best casually slap a friend's ass?
>>
>>40032873
Just do it when its acceptable. To encourage, or to congratulate.

It's easier if they are the same sex as you.
>>
Never squatted with barbell how much easier is it then dumbbells? I squat 15-20 times with pair 40 pound dumbells. Is it just as difficult with 80 pound barbell or what?
>>
File: 1482022109432.jpg (90KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1482022109432.jpg
90KB, 1106x1012px
there are only 2 gyms near me

>planet fitness
>no free weights
>10 dollars a month

>anytime fitness
>free weights
>50 (fifty) dollars a month

what the fuck do I do as a poorfag? should I just make a home gym? it would cost fucking less than only a year or two membership of anytime
>>
Just starting out, read that I should squeeze my glutes when squatting/deadlifting. Does that mean to squeeze them as I lift the weight? I can't squeeze my butt together when it the low squat position, it curves my lower back forward.
>>
I work the mother fucking night shift, 10pm-7am. Usually sleep by 730am.

Obviously, go to gym before work, easy. I'm just devoid of energy though, all the time. I can stim with coffee or whatever but that's not gonna help.

I have blackout curtains and get decentish sleep, but I'm just tired and end up napping around 8-10 before work. How the fuck can I into energy?
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.