[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IS TIME UNDER TENSION THE KEY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: tut.png (45KB, 766x253px) Image search: [Google]
tut.png
45KB, 766x253px
New (july) study claims that well-trained, young, healthy individuals get more strength AND hypertrophy gains when eccentric phase is 4 seconds long against classic 1 second.

The study was conducted to failure for both groups and 8 reps.

What do you think? Just study bullshit? Why big bodybuilders don't do this regularly? You see them doing this occasionally, but not often.
>>
File: 1484252030582.jpg (572KB, 1175x880px) Image search: [Google]
1484252030582.jpg
572KB, 1175x880px
>>40015645
I keep hearing about it, "accentuate the negatives" or similar

I do it
>>
>>40015661
They usually say "keep the descent controlled". I do that too.

But a 4 second negative on OHP or Rows is fucking scary. I mean I can do that, but how much will I have to deload to reach that?

I don't egolift at all, but I want /fit/ blessing before trying this shit.
>>
>>40015645
doing slow reps will tire you out faster so you can't do as many total reps. same shit why paused reps are much harder.

it would be interesting to see the difference between slow speed reps and fast speed combined with more volume.

i'd assume faster speed with more volume would give you better strength adaptation and hypertrophy in the long run.
>>
>>40015661
>>40015702

Forgot to link the study!

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305676699_Resistance_training_with_slow_speed_of_movement_is_better_for_hypertrophy_and_muscle_strength_gains_than_fast_speed_of_movement

>>40015702
Yeah, that's the missing link. 3x8 with slow negatives vs 4x12 with normal negatives. Who wins?
>>
So why don't we seriously just have machines that raise a giant weight over your head and you stand under it as it slowly crushes you downward using hydraulic pressure or something? Like a human sized hydraulic press with some safety features so it doesn't actually crush you.

Then you just train the negative and can make it as slow as you want.
>>
>>40015645
Just don't rely solely as if it would enhance your gains completely. Do slows and paused reps on your last sets.
>>
Do they use the same weight in the study? Or does the high speed group use more weight in their training? Because thats how it would work in real life.
>>
>do your big compounds normally
>do accessory and isolation moves with slow eccentric
>booyah
>>
Helps me to grow, I usually use it for isolation exercises, though occasionally for a killset on squats and bench I also concentrate on this.
There are lots of ways to increase time under tension, and all are helpful.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.