[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squats with terrible back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Steven ohno.jpg (213KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
Steven ohno.jpg
213KB, 1200x927px
So I want to do squats and all that good shit, but i've had scoliosis since I was 11 (25 now) possibly longer that's gone untreated. I ignored it until now but now that i want to get in shape it's become a concern.

One is that doctors won't really tell me what else I can do to help it until I lose some of my weight.
Two is that i'm petrified of doing any kind of heavier lifting that can strain my back because it's pretty much a few pounds before it feels like it'll snap.

Any way I can adjust certain exercises to be less painful on my back?
The way my back is right now i can't get entirely into the right posture for a lot of things which ends up putting the most strain on me.

I think if i could gain better back muscles it would help since on certain days, my spine IS fairl straight (Depends on how i've slept the night before and such) but the muscles just aren't used to supporting it in that position so it's painful as fuck.

Help a fat bitch out guys, I can't afford health insurance to get good advice from my doctor. Can fitness trainers help me work with this without a doctor's recommendation first?
>>
>>40014524
That picture upsets me to an irrational degree.
>>
you can do front squats or squats where you rest the bar on the inside of your elbows

Exercises that should help prevent further curvature are pullups/chinups, rows, hyperextentions, deadlifts, hipthrusts, and the squats I mentioned
>>
>>40014564
Oh and planks are really important too, do those every day
>>
try dieting OP

bless
>>
scoliosis doesn't impact squats.
pic 1 - your spine with scoliosis
pic 2 - normal spine
pic 3 - person squatting

Squatting doesn't stretch the spine it just reangles it.
Bottom 2 pics are the 2 spines during a squat. The shape doesn't change at all with proper form.
Ideally you shouldn't even be bending your spine during the day. I bend mine maybe twice a day at most. The spine is designed to keep your back straight not to bend.
>>
File: spines.png (53KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
spines.png
53KB, 800x800px
>>40014601
>>
>>40014601
>>40014606
>putting heavy axial loading on a deformed back is a good idea
mhmm you should drink a gallon of milk a day too
>>
File: this was a wedding.jpg (278KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
this was a wedding.jpg
278KB, 2048x1536px
>>40014554
Hahaha it's a girl i know on facebook and her wife (>>40014554
Rose (far left) and Amethyst (far right). They have a lot of cringeworthy cosplay including this gem from their WEDDING. Some of their friends cosplayed too (and some look 1000 times better than theirs did lmfao) but the black chick's parents just look so unamused in every photo.

>>40014564
>>40014571
Thanks I'll start getting into those, especially since some of those i can do at home.

>>40014584
Already do, down 40 pounds already, that isn't going to fix my back though :)

>>40014622
Yeah I'm gonna ignore that anon. He doesn't seem to understand what i'm talking about here.

I got some good advice already, thanks guys :)
>>
>>40014690
Oh thats great! Keep up the diet! I really hope you sort your back out and live happy.
>>
>>40014747
Thank you :) I've been doing the diet a year trying to get some of the weight off before i started because aside from my back my joints are pretty fucked.

I got a puppy last month too which has helped keep me active just taking her on walks and stuff so i'm already in the routine of getting my ass up and moving.

Thank you anon that was a genuinely nice comment, I hope you reach your goals too and live a healthy prosperous life!
>>
>>40014788
Thanks, keep a healthy mind and keep up the good work.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.