[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I enjoy running 5ks only if it is to break my PR otherwise I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Winter Running 670x425.jpg (111KB, 670x425px) Image search: [Google]
Winter Running 670x425.jpg
111KB, 670x425px
I enjoy running 5ks only if it is to break my PR

otherwise I might as well do nothing

this means that when I run I get nasty shin splints that take a week to heal

is this normal?
>>
How old are the shoes you are running in?
A pair of runners is good for about 300 miles.
>>
>>40013838
1 year old asics
>>
Good brand, my personal choice. You can get shock absorber insoles that might help. But i agree continued shin splints are not normal and it is most likely down to your technique, you are slamming the floor when you step.
Try running less on concrete, try grass or woodland.
>>
>>40013838
>shoes good for 300 miles

Cardio equivalent of broscience. I've put probably over 1000 miles into my current shoes, I often run in boots because military and I rarely get shin splints as long as I'm stretching properly before and after my runs. You also probably get shin splints because you don't run enough. Trust me once you run every day you'll stop getting them.

If you get shin splints just ice that shit and man through it. You get shin splints because you don't run enough.
>>
Maybe follow training plans that include long, slow runs and speed drills that have been shown to help you out with speed while having minimal risk of injury instead of your "gotta go fast" ego mentality that gets every runner injured.

Also, check your form and shoes. If possible, transition to minimalist shoes for your medium intensity/hill workouts. Minimalist forces you to correct your form so if you have shitty form, you'll know within a few steps. Plus, they work your calves more.
>>
>>40013951

This, better form (fore/midfoot strike, smaller steps)
Try running barefoot in your house and you'll find that you naturally go away from heelstriking.
I use Nike Free 5.0 shoes. Good for lifting too.
>>
>>40013951
>minimalist shoes
Don't do this. Your feet and calves will hurt like a motherfuck.
>>
>>40014392
>t. Runner with shit running form
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.