[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eating on SS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Rip.jpg (259KB, 1800x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Rip.jpg
259KB, 1800x1198px
I cannot for the life of me figure out how much I'm supposed to eat on SS, which I'm about to start.

I'm a 186 cm (6′1″) tall, weak, skinnyfat lanklet weighing about 78 kg (172 lb) and in my early twenties.

I need to get strong for my sport but I don't want to end up as a fattie (which I've seen GOMAD do to some folks here). I would also like to take advantage of a novice's linear progression if possible.

The sticky says to bulk at 500 kcal surplus, but in Practical Programming Rippetoe comments:
>To get stronger, the conventional literature advises the consumption of around 200 to 400 calories more energy than we expend. This is woefully inadequate for most people who are serious about their training, and absolutely positively inadequate for an underweight male who is trying to gain muscular bodyweight.

>It has been the experience of the authors that a more reasonable intake to ensure recovery and strength gains would be at least 1000 calories per day over baseline requirements. If a gain in muscular bodyweight is the primary goal, a surplus of at least 2000 calories per day, and perhaps much more for some people who are inefficient metabolizers, will be needed.

And the nutrition section in SS is pretty confusing, talking about 3500–6000 kcal and GOMAD and giving examples only for spooky skeletons and really fat guys.

And according to these (https://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/ and https://web.archive.org/web/20161212110858/http://www.barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/) I'm underweight and should do GOMAD for 1–2 months. (The writer of the latter link is associated with SS.)

So, which is it? 500, >1000, or >2000 kcal surplus? GOMAD or no GOMAD?
>>
>>40012478
gomad is fine as long as ur not already a fat fuck. why is this so hard to undersrtand
>>
500-1000 for you
>>
GOMAD
>>
>>40012478
I'm assuming your new. So take advantage of noob gains. I added 200 Pounds to my squat, 75 to my bench, 45 to my ohp, and 150 to my dl (could have progressed more in dl I'll explain) in 6 months. Be sure to train for strength AND volume even when dl. You just need to stay focused on a routine and have rest days between muscle groups. Literally eat anything that passes your face especially high calorie foods like pizza or pasta and lots of protein (you can use whey) for muscle recovery. And sleeping is so important. 8 hours minimum though I recommend 9 or 10. Train,Eat,Sleep the main 3 things for making gains. Ss is what I started with it's really good add some accessories so your training for volume as well, a good program after SS (about a year down the road) is the 531 program good luck to you brother.
>>
>>40012478
The thing with the advice in SS is that its diet meant for extremely under weight people. I'm fairly certain rippteoe means 1000 calories above your BMR, not your TDEE when he says that. You don't need a surplus higher than 400ish cals, especially if you're already a bit flabby. It's best to just hover between like -100-400 cals, it's okay if some days you're under or just at what you need and not in much of a surplus, it'll extend the overall length of time you can be eating at a general surplus for and minimize the fat gain, and you don't need to have every day be a surplus to recover from the work in SS.
>>
File: dr._Rip.jpg (71KB, 600x410px)
dr._Rip.jpg
71KB, 600x410px
Extra question: if you do GOMAD, how do you know when it's time to stop and how much should you eat after that?
>>
>>40012615
Stop at 18% bf, follow the charts on to be a beast article
>>
GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG RIGHT BABE
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.