[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I motivate myself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2151.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2151.png
51KB, 657x527px
I lurk all the freaking time. I read FPS/FPH and it feels like it gets me going for a short while but I crash in less than a day.

How do you guys keep your motivation up for more than a day?
>>
>>40012297
By having a gymbro. We meet just about every time and do the same shit the same days. If I'm benching, he's spotting, etc. He's a long time friend of mine who was and still is somewhat overweight, who came to me looking to make a change.

Otherwise by realizing it isn't a chore. Nobody is forcing you to go to the gym, you're going there of your own volition. You don't need motivation, you need discipline.

I've helped him drop about 45lbs so far and, while he doesn't look like he really lifts yet, the motivation of adding weight almost every week keeps him going strong.

Find a gymbro.
>>
>>40012297
I don't feel like i need to keep up my motivation because lifting is my hobby. Do you need motivation to do something you love, if you don't love going to the gym then you are going to fail.
>>
by getting a homegym and then working out in low lighting while watching a movie. and after a while it gets much easier because you feel your gains fading if you dont work out.
>>
Depends what you want to do. If you want to lose weight or something think of health and that sort of thing, looking better. I do home exercise to stay "toned" and really skinny because I like the way it looks, and that motivates me.

No experience with the gym stuff though. Also, dislike of others (FPH) will only get you so far.
>>
>>40012297
Consistency. Listen to the voice in your head that says you can do it.

Idk if it'll work for guys so much but I find dressing in workout gear that I enjoy wearing helps motivate me.

Sometimes i'll put it on when i don't even plan to work out and still end up going to work out because i'm already dressed for it.

Finding a fun way to exercise helps too. This won't help motivate lifting so much but if you find a cardio you enjoy, then adding lifting to that won't be as difficult (So if you like running, run more, if you like dancing, find a zumba class or something, hell even starting with yoga is good enough if it's going to get you doing something physical.

Once i'm warmed up from cardio i find it's pretty easy to go on with lifts.
>>
I think a lot of it has to do with your mindset. You need to accept that fitness is a lifelong endeavor. Its not something you just do for a few months and then go "alright i made it" and stop. Its not something you need to "get through". Being active and working out should just become part of your life, indefinitely. Idk, its been easy for me thinking about it like that. There's never really a question about whether or not i should go to the gym. I just, do it.

Picture who want yourself to be 5 years from now. Is that person healthy and active and fit? How about 10? 20? 30? If youre gonna get what you want you have to start now and realize this journey doesnt end. Youre on this path for life and feel empowered by it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.