[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 26

File: 1z5pzxz.jpg (31KB, 548x600px) Image search: [Google]
1z5pzxz.jpg
31KB, 548x600px
old one continued >>39995951

>How do I lose this weight?
eat less

>How do I gain muscle?
eat more and lift

>What? How do I do that? Do I need protein powder?
Read the goddamn sticky
>>
File: UpMTwmbkDimfmlx.gif (199KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
UpMTwmbkDimfmlx.gif
199KB, 500x326px
c-could you please check my form, /fit/senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l8XbiQvpuc
Is it bad for my knees to remain locked?

Otherwise I feel I am bouncing it, I tried not to bounce it on the second rep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoHfRS2CEGg

sankyu~!
>>
is 23 too old to start boxing?
>>
>>40010689
it looks fine
>>
>>40010710
Haven't you watched Million Dollar Baby?
>>
How do you eat more?

I am 5'6" (I know) and weigh 130 but I hate eating. I force myself to drink 5 glasses a milk a day for the 500 free calories, but it's so hard to maintain a 200 cal diet never mind a 2500 one.
>>
>>40010689
Slight bend, stay away from 135 you leaned to far foward and fucked up the barbell path, work up more slowly, but 115 looks fine. Locking knees is not really the greatest, but if it's how you prevent doing the work with your legs and cheating the push then I guess it's fine.
>>
>>40010730
Yes. Yes I have.

Never got to finish it though, but i guess i'll change that
>>
>>40010731
myfitnesspal
>>
>>40010731
2000*
>>
I want to get redpilled on Whey.
Any recommended links?

The sticky only had a small paragraph.
>>
>>40010817
It's fine, but decently cooked meat tastes so much better.

>>40010731
Myfitnesspal is great for tracking. For eating, add calorie dense foods like peanut butter to your diet. Stay away from junk food if you can though, eating junk food regularly is fine short term, but it'll come back to bite you eventually.
>>
File: image.jpg (464KB, 1700x1987px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
464KB, 1700x1987px
I've never really went on a legit cut before. But does anyone think I can get very lean by March 6?
>>
>>40010879
Anyone can, on a very strict diet and routine, lose 1.5 pounds of fat per week on a cut until around 10%bf, which is when progress will slow considerably and you'll have a hard time preserving muscle mass. So yes, you can be fairly lean by then
>>
I've read the sticky, but was wondering how good this PPL routine is for a complete beginner?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Thanks in advance
>>
>>40010618
Is flat barbell press really useless? I've heard it, but doesn't make sense. Why would based Rippetoe put it in his workout? Please help.
>>
>>40010903
anything is better than nothing, but PPL is usually pretty mediocre for absolute beginners. GSLP is probably the best beginner routine, don't be afraid to add a few sets of accessory work though.

>>40010918
No, it's pretty great actually. There's a reason why it's in practically every program.
>>
How gay is losing weight everywhere besides stomach and man tits
>>
How the fuck can I increase my squat?

I'm still very beginner.

My 1RM with deadlifts is 224 lbs.

But my squat is only 100 lbs and that's STRUGGLING. How does this make any sense? I've been trying and trying and eating. All of my other lifts have increased but my squats.

Halp.
>>
>>40010900
Thanks anon
>>
Cutting Qs:

Is intermittent fasting for cutting a meme like SS+GOMAD is for bulking?

Should you reduce volume when cutting no matter what or only if your lifts go down?
>>
>>40010949
Lose more weight.

>>40010958
What program?

>>40010962
No problem. Good luck
>>
File: 1437875950651.jpg (62KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
1437875950651.jpg
62KB, 500x344px
I only got 3 free days a week. Can I do my lifting and 30 min cardio on the same days or does it really have to be on separate days? Which one goes first?
>>
>>40010975

S.S.
I was a /fit/izen and went from an absolute Auschwitz of 6'5, 170 to 200 lbs. Then I had to quit due to nightshift work, school, etc.

Finally done with it all and restarting from square one again.
>>
>>40010993

You can do cardio on the same day you lift, but you should lift first for best performance.
>>
>>40011042
Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about it. The squat is a more technical lift than the DL, so as you keep doing the movement, it should eventually improve and catch up. If you post a video to form check, I'd be able to tell you if it's a form problem.
>>
>>40010975
I am just hate that it comes off everywhere else first. Shit sucks. Makes my arms look better though
>>
>>40011086
You could, but endurance training drives cell mitobiogenesis in the muscle, which has been shown to disrupt protein synthesis in the same muscle. It probably doesn't make a huge difference, but it is less than ideal. Best way is to endurance train a different muscle group than what was resistance trained (for example, endurance train lower body after resistance training upper body).

I could dig up the paper that this information is from if you really need it, but I'd rather not.
>>
How am I supposed to do 320 lifts for all the 320 pairs of muscles in my body? I will be exhausted
>>
>>40010725
>>40010753
Okie-dokie! will deload and work my way up from there.
>>
File: tumblr_lh3dnhmaHS1qcul1ho1_400.gif (408KB, 280x230px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lh3dnhmaHS1qcul1ho1_400.gif
408KB, 280x230px
My best friend's a chubby poorfag lesbian that wants to slim down to get gf. Sticky says it's all the same so I'm putting her on C25k for cardio, El Diablo's Bodyweight 666 for strength, and some isolation exercises for the butt. Along with proper macros and an iron supp of course.

Anything else needed to make ugly-ish girl into pretty girl?
>>
this is an SS question:

how do you know if you have a good bar speed on your lifts? the way i understand it, if your bar speed is consistent for the first 13 or 14 reps of your 3x5 worksets you're progressing properly, and if youre slowing down earlier you've probably got a deload coming up. is that right? is there anything you guys wish you understood about bar speed sooner? any noob misunderstandings i should be aware of? ty
>>
>>40011118

Thanks dude, I try not to let it discourage me.
Back when I was lifting, I was only ever able to squat whatever weight I could OHP because I didn't have a squat bar. I think this is another key factor in why it's lagging. Just realized it.

I've had two people and my wife say my form looked good. But yeah, I'll get a video up here soon for critique. I'm off the next two days, though. Hopefully I'll see improvement afterwards.

Anyways, thanks!
>>
File: 1415763655134.jpg (43KB, 599x419px) Image search: [Google]
1415763655134.jpg
43KB, 599x419px
>>40011086
>>40011167
Alright. Since it's a full body workout I'll try to find the time to separate them. Maybe by getting up really early or something. Thanks anons
>>
>>40011246
Is it good to go that far back?looks like your arms could rip off if it goes any further back. I have know idea on proper form just curious
>>
I need a answer now I have a minimally bulged disc in lower back and my femur and inward so my knees and in when my feet are straight bow long can this last until it heals
>>
>>40011340

Oh! No no, I would OHP whatever I could then just bow my head a little and have it resting on my shoulders. Grab a broom or something and try it, it's not too hard.

But back then it was with just 80 lbs.
>>
>>40011229
Bar speed doesn't really matter, as long as you're getting the weight up in my opinion. Bar speed is a decent way to assess RPE, but SS doesn't incorporate any autoregulation anyways, so don't worry about it.

If you feel up for it, program in assistance work to strengthen the weak points that are apparent when bar speed struggles.

>>40011507
No one here can give you an accurate answer. See a doc.

>>40011246
Sounds like a bad time
>>
>>40011657

It was, I really wanted to get /fit/ but lived at home (this was in high school and part of college) and couldn't afford a gym membership. So I scrapped together $150, bought the bench set from Wally World and improvised everything else.
But hey, that damn kit got me 30 lbs in lean muscle mass and took me from a bench of 60 lbs to 125 lbs (all the weights I owned).
As miserable as it was, I miss those times. The fucking balls cold workouts in the garage. Being obsessed with Zyzz's videos (he was still alive then).

Different times but I'm glad to be where I am now.
>>
>>40011657
I have they gave very vague answers. I'm in pt and they say it can heal from months to years.
>>
>>40010618
If I want to build my lower pecs more should I do a high range of weightless dips or weighted dips?
>>
If my tris are a little sore from doing rear delt flyes on the machine am I doing them wrong
>>
>>40011954
Probably

>>40011762
Do both. Do volume dips one day of the week, weighted dips on another.

I also don't think you need anything other than a lot of benching to build the pecs, but I'm also completely unable to do dips of any sort due to injury.
>>
I finally found a job (well intership) and with college i have absolutely no time to go to the gym anymore except for the weekends
will i lose my gains if i only train twice per week?
>>
>>40010618
Are hang cleans done on a push or pull day?
>>
>>40012237
pull
>>
File: 2017-01-13 175 pounds front.png (4MB, 1503x2672px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-13 175 pounds front.png
4MB, 1503x2672px
Bodyfat % estimate? I know I'm still fat I'm down from 205 in March.

5'11" 175 as of yesterday.
>>
>>40012264
thought so thanks
>>
Squats have been hurting my rotator cuffs recently. I've tried spinning my arms around to stretch and seemed to somewhat help, but Patton came back the next time.

Anyone else have this issue?
>>
I hurt my lower back about 6 months ago. Now whenever I go squat or deadlift the next day, the same spot on my lower back hurts pretty bad.

Is there a routine that bypasses squats/deadlift for something that doesn't put so much pressure on your back?

Btw
> 21 yr old, 5'10, 190 lbs
> lifting for about a year, 5x5 ss, took 6 months off due to back injury want to start lifting again
>>
>>40012310
you are fat, you shouldn't be worried about %, just lose weight.

buy calipers if you really want to know
>>
>>40012610
I've been trying to find the fastest avenue to 10% and I can't seem to find good middle ground. The reason I've lagged so much is partially due to laziness but also due to difficulty with a bad plateau in the summer.

I was eating at 1600 cal back in june and hit about 180 and weight loss seriously slowed. So I decided to further decrease to 1500 and saw no improvement in 2 weeks, I was losing less than a pound per week, or worse, none at all. I got super desperate and went 1200 a day for 2 weeks and once again saw no change in my weight. I got really angry at that point and that's when I fell off the wagon for a while.

I really want to lose this fat, but I don't want to get into a situation like before where it just stops suddenly. So far I'm losing at a steady pound per week, but losing 25 pounds at this rate will take half a year. Surely there's a slightly faster way, right? Those fatties doesn't lose 100 lbs in a year but doing it 1 lb at a time.
>>
>>40012666
Are you doing any kind of exercise as well as dieting?
>>
Two questions /fit/:

I just lifted for the first time in a year today. I used to be really into lifting and shredded but now I look like shit. How can I prevent leg DOMS before tomorrow? I have a feeling I'll be unable to walk because my legs are already starting to feel fucked.

Are 3x12 programs stupid for returning lifters? Someone in this thread posted GSLP, and it looks good. Should I try it?
>>
>>40012681
oh yeah, I lift 3x a week (currently 2 months into SS for noob gains) and just started C25k on my off days.

Before making any changes to my diet I'm gonna see what C25k does to my weight for 2-3 weeks. I would love to be burning 1.5 lbs a week if possible, but I also don't want to fuck my metabolism up.

Current lifts are:
Squat 205 lb 3x5
Diddly 240 lb 1x5
Bench Press 105 lb 3x5
OHP 85 lb 3x5 (failing on last set)
Power cleans 110 lb 5x3
Chin ups (negatives)
>>
>>40012699
>How can I prevent leg DOMS before tomorrow?
You pray. DOMS is a reaction by your nerves, not your actual muscles.

>Are 3x12 programs stupid for returning lifters?
All depends on the muscle you retained. I'd just do some basic stuff for your first time back. Do some lightweight stuff and see where you end up.
>>
>>40010618
>Like an idiot I never bothered with rows.
>Done deadlifts and chinups/pullups at least

Is there a way to tell how severe my back/front imbalance is? Like an expected ratio between bench and row, or measurement ratios?

Do I just add rows and keep trucking or do I need to start weak point training of sorts to play catchup?

What is a good row that doesn't kill my lower back and is actually fun to progress in?
>>
Does the temperature of my post workout shower/bath matter? I workout at home so it's usually straight away.
>>
>>40012080
Find the time.
Do what it takes.
Its okay if it is lower priority than work and school, but find the time if it's still a priority for you.

Mental and physical health is important for school, work, and life.
>>
>>40012666
You don't have a lot of muscle mass, so 10% for you will take a lot of effort. If you put on 10kg of muscle right now this moment your bf% would be at 10% probably.

Remember that its not a stand alone number. It's directly related to your total body weight so the more you can dilute it, the better.
>>
what is better for deadlifts straps or mixed grip?
>>
what if there is a conspiracy to promote dyeldom and high protein consumption? it would explain the SS circlejerk and the irrational fear of "overtraining". All the guys who look good that I know don't care about "strength" and "overtraining".
>>
>>40012865
Mix if you're new, straps if you're pulling a ton.

Best to avoid both though. At best you increase your weight for a while. At worst you tear a biceps, create bad lifting patterns or don't progress your grip at all.
>>
>>40012880
No.

It's just idiots who can't tell the difference between different lifting philosophies or methods. Mostly newbies, but also seasoned people who for some reason can't comprehend that people have different goals or mindsets.
>>
>>40012898
I see but do you think given enough work the body would adapt to any workout? My dad and older guys I know have huge muscle without stepping one foot in a gym, all thanks to manual labour, why?
>>
Are protein bars and muscle milk a meme? I mean I get that they are beneficial bc of the amount of brotein, but should they be used regularly to meet your daily intake requirements?
>>
>>40012909
Because they use the muscles moderately and eat well.

Never met an untrained manual labour guy, who looked/was strong and also didn't have a lot of excess fat.

It's the swimmers body illusion.
>>
I live in a 3rd world shit hole and the shoe guys have no idea wtf are weightlifting shoes
what do I look for when buying a pair for my squats
>>
>>40012939
Muscle milk is absolutely a meme, but protein bars can come in handy here and there. Neither should be a regular part of your diet, you should try to reach your goals without them.
>>
>>40012949
Just squats or squats, deadlift and so on?

You want flat soles, but if it's only for squats you probably one same with solid soles and raised heel.

I hear Nike has a line of shoes but I can't remember what they're called.

My gf bought me a pair of inov8 shoes that at I'm surprisingly happy with. They're good all round shoes even though they're technically made for Crossfit.

I secretly think they just rebranded existing an existing shoe design to sell them to Crossfags though.
>>
Losing a double chin, is it just diet? I'm a little bit above my weight and eat a little too much crap so should I just omit/add something from my diet or is there some weird little trick I should do regularly?

cheers fellas
>>
>>40012985
Eat less calories. Double chin is made from fat, not muscle or mucus.

Reduce overall fat and double chin will go away too. Probably first since it's one of t past places we pack on fat.

I really think you need to look in the mirror and be honest with yourself. It's not just the double chin that needs to go.

Good luck :)
>>
>>40012985
Read the sticky
>>
Noob here, if I can is it alright to lift two/three days in a row? How will it affect my gains?
>>
>>40013017
The last places*
>>
>>40012952
I had a feeling about muscle milk thanks for confirming.
Talking about food, anyone have any suggestions for meals? I want to plan my meals to better handle reaching my cal/brotein needs.
Weight: 185 Height: 5'7
Cal: 1800-2100
Bro: 180g
As of now for breakfast Im eating a 1.5 cups of yogurt (1 cup plain, .5 flavor), .5cup of oats, and a 1 cup of mixed berries. Will that much dairy give me tits or the shits?im not lactose yada yada but just asking.

For lunch I have no set meal in mind, suggestions welcome.
I work at a Thai restaurant so lucky me I get free meal
>chicken, veggies, brown rice.
Maybe the only downside is not controlling how little grease/oil is used.
>>
What are these for?
>>
>>40013025
Go ahead, it'll only be a problem if you do it over a longer period, and it's the same muscles every day.

Either if you alternate the body parts hit, or if you have a full body scheme where you alternate heavy and light weights you can do it for a long time and probably see gains on level with others.

Just remember the gym is the 20%. The other 80% is how you eat and sleep.
>>
>>40013034
they slot under the stepping board you see leaning against the wall behind that stack

so you can stack the stepping board up as high as you need (smith machine calf raises etc)
>>
>>40013044
Neat, thanks anon
>>
calorie tracker says to aim for 1700 cals to lose 1lb/wk

is it ok to just stick with 1200-1400 every day, i'm 6'1 and like 110kg so still massive with a 2400 bmr
>>
so I gym was closed last monday and I skipped that workout, now should I do it today even if I already did one or do it Monday and continue like this?
>>
>>40013108
Don't do larger than a 1000 calorie deficit
>>
>>40013113
Just do it today mate. Unless you're about to peak in a progressive overload program there's no harm in two gym sessions close to each other.

Might even give you some insight into why you try to keep breaks to recover. Just remember to listen to your body
>>
>>40013031
it ultimately doesn't matter what you eat as long as you're not drinking soda, limiting sugar and alcohol intake, and meeting your calorie and macro goals.
>>
File: 479347839.gif (15KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
479347839.gif
15KB, 633x758px
Hi lads
I am recovering from anorexia. The medical state of anorexia is a BMI below 17.5.
I've been trying to get above that as my first goal. I've been gaining VERY slowly for the last 2 months (I gained 4.4 lbs in that time, 2lbs was the week of Christmas). I upped my calorie intake this week to 3000 per day (which I assumed would be fine, it was 2700 before). Somehow I have managed to gain 3.5lbs this week.
I was going to 'treat' myself once I broke the 17.5 BMI barrier which I have officially done as of this morning (5'11/6'0ish 126.75lbs). However I feel I have had too much food and feel bad.

FYI my daily food intake on friday, pretty similar to the whole week

Breakfast: 50g Oats with 100ml whole milk, matcha powder, cinnamon and a diet soup sachet mixed in
300 calories

Second Breakfast: 50g Cornflakes with matcha powder sprinkled over
200 calories total 500

Third Breakfast: 150g dry weight Spiced Lentils topped with orange pieces
600 calories total 1100

Lunch: Baked Sweet Potato with 2 tins of tuna (I shape the tuna into a sweet potato shape and pretend that it is a grey alien sweet potato, listen to x files theme, helps me eat with a full stomach)
500 calories total 1600

Mid Afternoon: 30g of Walnuts, 30g of Cashews, 30g of Peanuts
600 calories total 2200

Dinner: 150g dry weight spiced lentils with 3 eggs
800 calories total 2800

I figure that is about 171g of protein. Is there something there that makes me gain more weight?
My parents are very obese and claim they are fat because 'they eat nuts every day, nuts are the seeds fat animals lay so they hatch inside you and make us fat'. I don't believe that but am I missing something?
>>
>>40013333
Is there something there that makes me gain more weight?

Yes Eat more.

Why the fuck are you trying to gain weight on Oats Lentils and Potatoes

Just fucking shovel burgers into your face 3x a day holy fuck its not that hard. You're literally bulking on the same food people eat on a deficit to remain satiated. fucking retard
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
I bench 80kg, is there any benefit or reason for me to do pressups at home?

In general, are bodyweight exercises going to do much for anyone who's at around 1/2/3/4?

Trying to decide whether I'm being lazy by not doing them or whether it's fairly acceptable/efficient not to.
>>
is increasing difficulty on bodyweight exercises like push and pull ups by adding weight(maybe in a bag or something) a good idea? eg will i see results or will it fuck me up in a way of which i didnt even know was possible
>>
>>40013333
Are you extremely tall and/or extremely athletic? I'm finding it hard to understand how you're eating a third more than my TDEE and not gaining weight unless you're doing marathons or something.

For reference, I'm 5'8 and 82kg, lifting 3 times a week and I'm gaining weight while eating 2300kcal/day

Also
>and a diet soup sachet mixed in
Seems counter intuitive.

You're also eating very little meat compared to the rest of your diet. Add in some red and white meats and peanut butter and you'll bump your calories up a bunch.
>>
>>40013426
Why would increasing the weight be anything but good?
Chains, backpacks and ropes are my go-to but most bodyweight exercises (including push-ups and pull ups) can both be made much harder through simple position- vertical push ups for example.
>>
>Just started lifting 3-4 months ago...
>Start getting back pain.
>Go to doctor
>You have hamstring shortening, you must do physical therapy and lay off ALL LEG AND LOWER BACK WORK FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS

shit i dont want to go t rex but what choice do i have ill just keep working out what i can
>>
>>40010971
Intermittent fasting is great for appetite control: just keep a consistent schedule and you will adapt to it and not feel hungry during the fast. It also saves time and simplifies your routine.

Any magical benefits beyond this are questionable.
>>
>>40013472
thanks
i was just worried that if i did push ups with something like 10kg on my back that it could fuck up my spine or something like that. am big fitness noob but what i learned is that there is always a way to hurt urself so i was just wondering
>>
What do you guys do after you reached your desired weight for the cut?

Eat at a maintenance?

Increase calories per day, week etc..?

Insta bulk?

I just finished my cut and kinda confused breh
>>
>>40013482
I saw a GP and was referred to a physio after problems with walking (later turned out to be blood pressure). GP immediately said "stop squatting so much"

Learn a healthy skeptical approach to Dr advice. Listen to what the Physio has to say.

Also worry about your form first and foremost. As for hamstrings- do the runner stretch where you put your foot to your ass and pull it in with your hand. If you feel pain/tension your hamstrings need work
>>
>>40013520
Depends entirely on your goals and why you cut in the first place. Why the hell would anyone else be able to answer this for you?
>>
>>40013530
Why I cut in the first place? To lose fat lmao
>>
>>40013521
really you think i should outright go against the wishes of a licensed physician from the best university in my country? i dont want to sound ironic i just want to know if this could be a thing in any scenario
>>
>>40013566
>really you think i should outright go against the wishes of a licensed physician from the best university in my country?
No, I said be skeptical.

> i just want to know if this could be a thing in any scenario
wat
>>
how the heck do i increase my appetite? i've had issues with eating since i was a kid(i spent a lot of time in the hospital, i had some rare genetic issue that fucked my health severely when i was ill - i was on the drip a lot because i couldn't eat) and now i wanna get big, but the appetite isn't there
i'm trying to eat more than i did before, but it's still far from enough
>>
>>40013618
drink calories
>>
I've tripped at work and really fucked my left knee. It's swollen and I can't put weight on it right now, Doc says just to RICE for the next three days and then come back if its not any better. How fucked am I for lifts and running? weeks. months? Also everyone at work is being a cunt thinking I'm milking it but it's extremely painful, gonna fucking sue if it's something serious.
>>
Do you count the bar weight in your lifts??
>>
>>40010618
What do you guys eat when you still have a lot of calories left over?

I eat my main meal and still end up with about 600-800 calories towards the end of the night and not sure what to put it towards without it being snacks and shit. looking for ideas.
>>
>>40014112
Follow up question, How heavy is the bar ususally?? 10kg or 15kg?
>>
>>40014143
>>40014112
You count the bar. 20kg is Olympic Bar
>>
I'm a bodyguard. I was wondering if fight milk was just a meme or really works. I mean it does have crow egg. Any advice would help
>>
Can someone explain electrolytes in about 2 sentences? If I'm a bit overweight and want to start cardio, will it be enough to just drink enough water in between cycling etc? How do most people who do cardio make sure they have enough?
>>
>>40014112
I count in plates so no
>>
>>40014117
Beer
>>
File: fdsgdg.gif (4MB, 687x460px) Image search: [Google]
fdsgdg.gif
4MB, 687x460px
When I'm doing squats and deadlifts I feel it more in my lower back than anywhere else. Google told me that if you get back pain doing it then your form is bad. But what I'm getting isn't "pain". It just feels like it's being worked. If I'm doing it correctly should I not feel anything in my lower back at all? I'm a noob if that wasn't clear already.
>>
>>40014684
Yes quit drinking 300 calorie Gatorade like it's water. As long as you eat and are not playing a high intensity sport for 4 hours you will be fine. Drink water eat more since you cut out your Gatorade
>>
Just got these. Pretty fucking satisfied with my purchase so far. Any fellow bowflexbro with a longer experience to share?

Also fucking imperials. When will murricans learn?
>>
File: 1470060097244.jpg (66KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470060097244.jpg
66KB, 960x960px
>Any /fit/-approved chick routines?
My gf wants me to stir up a program for her, but SS/SL seems a bit rash as she's currently scared to death by free weights, except for squats (she has yet to improve mobility and needs a wedge under her heels).
Recommendations? Bot for mobility and routine.
>>
File: 1440203926842.jpg (56KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1440203926842.jpg
56KB, 500x495px
>>40011210
No one?

Come on, /fit/. More pretty lesbians kissing and fondling in public means a better view for you.
>>
>>40014789
I bought the Powerblock 90. Expensive, but I've never missed a workout due to inability to make it to the gym and I figured when I inevitably end up with a home gym, I would've needed to buy dumbbells.
>>
>>40014903
I wanted the Powerblock too, but due to me being from central yurop the supply of both was low and I got bowflex for 2/3 of powerblock cost.
>>
>>40010618
Suffered a lower back sprain (leaned back doing push presses like a fuckhead). Cant' move very well. What do I do to keep the gains, lads?
>>
>>40014842
>(she has yet to improve mobility and needs a wedge under her heels

Nope. Unless she is a cripple her mobility is fine. Get her a pair of weightlifting shoes and teach her how to squat in good form.

And find a few vids on youtube of girls competing in oympic weightlfiting. Obviously not the superheavyweights or the obvious steroid hags. When girls see other girls who don't look like men lifting properly it convinces them.
>>
File: lJHqIEo.jpg (770KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
lJHqIEo.jpg
770KB, 840x630px
How do I into push-ups? Last time I tried them my wrists felt horrible
>>
I've been waking up a 4-8 am every day for like two weeks now, no matter when I go to sleep. I used to sleep well after 2 am. Now I'm sleeping before 1 and still waking up at 6 or 8. Even if I sleep at 2 I keep waking up at 8. I drank a red bull the other day certain that it would keep me awake the whole day. But I still went to sleep at like 10 and then woke up at 6? What do I do?
>>
>>40015143
Basically I used to never wake up before noon, but now I keep waking up stupid early
>>
I started on Reg Parks and a year or so later I'm really struggling to find a new routine to move onto. I'm currently using one I found online which I modified to fit my goals but I'm worried it's just completely shit. How do people find good, non-beginner workouts?
>>
I work a 24 hour shift. I often don't get much sleep during the shift and then have a hard time sleeping after the shift because it's day time. I know not getting enough sleep hurts my gains, but how much? Also how could I mitigate the effects of not getting enough sleep?
>>
>>40012832
There is no time to be found college and internship are 1 hour and a half bus drive from home and they are located in upper class areas so theres no way i can pay for the gym near one of them since im not getting paid for the internship , im on a cut right now but given the circumstances i dont think im going to keep cutting.

Will i lose my gains if i train twice a week?im not trying to gain or lose mass just keeping It
>>
>>40010618
Will lifting rid me of acne?
>>
File: z0yzHbv.gif (144KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
z0yzHbv.gif
144KB, 500x341px
Whats a good quality protein powder thats not expensive as fuck? I've seen myprotein which is cheap but I've heard its not the best quality. I don't really care about flavour, its just for when I fuck up and run out of meat to eat or forget to take it out the freezer etc and I can still get my protein.
>>
Started cutting last week at 91.3KG and im still at the exact same weight this week. However, I started taking creatine which I heard increase your water intake. Do I need to continue to cut calories or should I just carry on eating at my current deficit.
>>
>>40012747
Hot after resistance training, cold(ish) after cardio. Not that it actually matters too much.
>>
>>40014117
100g of macadamias. Might fuck your fat macros severely though.
>>
>>40010731
Oats, nut butter, yoghurt, milk, brotein powder, mass gainers

They're all your friend and most blend up nicely into an easily consumed smoothie
>>
>>40015523
musclepharm

not cheap and not expensive either. I've never found a better tasting whey than "chocolate milk" flavour

i think it's called assault powder or somehting
>>
File: CmGMO2l[1].jpg (632KB, 1650x1055px) Image search: [Google]
CmGMO2l[1].jpg
632KB, 1650x1055px
What are peak gym hours on the weekends? Schedule changes are forcing me to move a lifting day to Saturday. My gym is not near a college.
>>
People aren't tall. They're just scaled up.
>>
How much am I screwing myself over if, having access only to my home gym, I accept that dumbbell deadlift is covering more or less what I was getting doing goblet squats too? The motions seem similar so I see no reason to do both? Are there any other good home gym squat exercises for someone without a bar?

On a totally separate note, for learning pull/chinups, what's the best way? I've been hanging at the top for as long as I can, should I be attempting negatives or whatever or just go for the endurance?
>>
>>40015996
Unless you've got 100+ pound dumbbells you're wasting your time
>>
What is the best protein powder on the market? And which taste is the best of that powder?
>>
What would be a pretty push/pull split?

PushxPullxPushxPullxx

or

PushxPullxPushxPullx
>>
>>40016357
And by pretty I meant better.
>>
Candito recommends to do a deadlift variation on the Volume Lower Body Day of his Linear program. Are Hex Bar Deadlifts a useful variation? Like the fact that theres a lot less stress on my spine using the hex bar. Also: how good is canditos linear program for beginners in general?
>>
>>40016254
Nauh if you got the adjustable ones where you can add weight your fine. You can get 25 for them when time comes. Your not gonna start out goblet squats at 100 lb. I started at 40 now 90 in a month still baby weight but it flies up. Love how they hit my legs
>>
>>40016409
Would you recommend doing goblet squats AND dumbbell deadlifts? They feel like kind of the same motion, but maybe I'm just being dumb? I'm having a hard time thinking up good leg exercises with dumbbell. I've got lunges, which absolutely kill my legs(which I imagine is the point), goblet squats, and dummbell deadlifts.
>>
>>40014684
4 hours high intensity is what it takes to drain out your electrolytes? Does being a little overweight affect it, I mean does fat make you able to last longer since it's just energy you're carrying on you?
>>
>>40016394
Hex bar deadlift is a squatvariation not a deadlift variation

I was pretty sucessful doing SLDLs as the variation
>>
>>40016299
Myptotein is by far the cheapest of the ones with high quality

I wonder why though

Maybe jews
>>
>>40015896
Saturday: Cardio bunnies at noon, bros in the evening to get the pump for the club

Sunday: lots of fags wanting to change their life in the sunday katharsis
>>
>>40015582
Weight yourself daily, creatine adds about 3-5 kg
>>
>>40016788
I do weigh myself daily, its been fluctuating from 91.5 at the highest and 90.1 at the lowest.
>>
>was eating around 1,000 calories a day, mostly fat and carbs
>weight coming in around 142-143 every morning, empty skin filling out with flab at the end of the day
>start eating 1,500 calories a day, making sure I get 100g+ or protein
>weighing in at 135-137 every morning under the same conditions, no loose skin chub

What is this wizardry? Is this the power of macros?
>>
How the fuck do you do Smolov Jr in the friday and saturday parts?

I'm always too sore to go for the saturday day and I feel if I force it up i will fuck my shit up and get injured

Do you do less weight on friday or some shit?
>>
How weird it is to use fingerless gloves when lifting?
>>
>>40016851

Yes

Better to use wrist straps in your wrists if you actually have problems with the grip

but fingerless gloves are just for callous and that is gay bottom ass dildo shit
>>
File: image.gif (53KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
53KB, 480x270px
>>40010618

Why do no programs use 4 rep sets?

It always goes singles, doubles, triples, and fives...

Why?
>>
>>40014789
Never heard of these before, just looked them up. Pretty cool, pretty cool. I have adjustable dumbbells and I just change the weights during rests. This is way too expensive for a slight increase in comfort but maybe if I'm rich one day.
>>
>>40016944
Studies have been made that carefully measured progression and the ratio of reps to weight, and the chemical balance of ATP in your muscle statistically suggests that 4 reps is a local minimum for hypertrophy if you want to maximize your progress.
>>
File: 1484136900791-pol Netherlands.jpg (276KB, 426x282px) Image search: [Google]
1484136900791-pol Netherlands.jpg
276KB, 426x282px
How much of a requirement is getting protein in when building muscle or burning fat? It's pretty much essential? I have a gym and pool membership and have access to plenty of food, but a low ratio of it is good protein, and I'm not sure I have the money to be buying good protein foods for the next months. If I can't afford protein, is it pointless to cut or bulk?
>>
>>40017025
>building muscle
yes
>burning fat
no
>>
>>40016761
>high quality
get out
>>
>>40016824
Macros, body taking grave measures with over -1000 deficit.
>>
Are weightloss supplements and performance enhancing supplements(not roids) really a waste of money?

I've heard several different opinions on them, one view was that "they'll give you, maybe, a 5% edge, and at that they aren't worth the money"
>>
>>40016944

There are a lot of them

For example Smolov Jr uses 8x4 in a day at your 80%...

I recommend Smolov Jr, it's easy to follow and get good results for the casual lifter who can't follow a 4 months program (the original smolov is long as fuck), i did it for weighted pull ups and bench with good results (although i felt overtrained after the 5 week by running both of them at the same time)

It goes like this

Monday
6x6 at 70% of RM

Wednesday
7x5 at 75% of RM

Friday
8x4 at 80% of RM

Saturday
10x3 at 85% of RM

Repeat and increase 5-10lb for the next week to all numbers, the program is for three weeks

You usually don't go to failure until your last two-three sets
>>
>>40016834
If you need to ask you are not ready for it. That aside, as long as you have no actual pain and just soreness, man up and try to soldier it out while maintaining good form.

Also maybe you progressed too fast, even the site clearly states
>The amount of weight added each week is subjective. If you failed sets or are so hammered by soreness that you waddled around all week, it’s best to leave the weights the same for the following week.
>>
>>40017109

http://joshmahony.com/weights/smolov_jr.php
>>
>>40017119

I had good numbers, it's just i got up to it basically training in 5/3/1 which was much less volume than smolov jr, so now the new volume work is hammering my body
>>
>>40016613
Meant to quote
>>40014730
>>
>>40017092
Slight appetite suppression, slight raise of metabolism, some also slightly increased energy to keep you lifting or running for a wee bit longer so more calories are burned.

>if fat fuck asking for magic pill: no, fuck off
>if sick cunt asking for help with the last bit of an otherwise successful cut: maybe, depending on dosage

Also DNP but hahaha no.
>>
>>40017001

Ok, then why would many fitness people online avoid even talking about 4 reps?

>>40017109

Cool. Is that some Russian thing?
>>
>>40017150
Ah I see. Well try to tough it out without hurting yourself, if it really kills you more than you are willing to accept do not increase weight next week. It is not meant to be pleasant but you should not suffer constantly either.
>>
I have the "computer neck" thing going on. Where my neck arches a little and a little but of a hump at the back of it. Will lifting help It? Or would I need surgery?
>>
>>40017069
Well it's fucking great, I've never felt so good about myself. I thought calories in calories out was king and macros were just an afterthought. What a fucking moron I am.

To anyone here cutting, PLEASE do not underestimate the importance of getting enough protein.
>>
>>40017243

Lifting surely helps it, i did face pulls and pull ups and fixed it in weeks
>>
>>40017265
Yep. It need not be obsessed about to the gram as much as some do but yeah, pay attention to your macros m8.
>>
Are oats ok on a cut? I heard they"re nature's mass gainer
>>
I do 3x10 Deadlift at 70kg.

Why is that bad?
>>
Been going to the gym for the last month and a bit. The only things is that it costs £10 to travel to the gym (Also two hour journey) and then the membership fee. Looking into buying a home gym, but I'm poor as shit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Weight-Training-Lifting-Folding-adjustable/dp/B00LOP1PAY/ref=sr_1_29?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1483886617&sr=1-29&keywords=6ft+barbell+set

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MiraFit-Power-Rack-Weight-Lifting/dp/B00QACJQWK/ref=sr_1_1?s=fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1483146795&sr=1-1

Is what I'm looking at right now. Seems alright just need to buy more weights. Or should I just wait and save up for a proper oly barbell and a better weight set? I don't want to not workout for a whole month, but I can't find any other gym to fit my time and I won't be able to find the time to put 4 hours of travelling to the gym and back, and 45 minutes in the gym.
>>
>>40017419
Check Facebook market.
>>
File: 1449363751839.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1449363751839.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>40014708
can someone answer this pls
>>
>>40017475
Yeah craiglist/gumtree/facebook market isn't really an option.
>>
>>40014708
>>40017548
Of course you will feel your spinal erectors when you work them. Some of the best DOMS is low back DOMS. However, as a beginner, you still probably have shitty form. Nearly everybody does. You should post videos to be sure.

>>40017394
Because 70 kg is like 1st week of SS. Actually try getting strong.
>>
>>40017373
Hitting your macros is okay on a cut. That's literally all that matters.
>>
>>40014708

You are probably letting your hips shoot up in both exercises. The "up" of your squat should look the same as your "down." record yourself, and I bet you'll see that your butt shoots up when coming out of the hole without the bar actually moving upwards, and then you "squat morning' the weight. You don't want to do this.

A similar thing with the deadlift. If you don't load your hamstrings and glutes in your starting position, your knees will extend a bunch at the start without the bar even coming off the floor, and then your lower back will do most of the work to finish the lift.
>>
If I eat at a 500 cal deficit, how much weight can I expect to lose each week?
>>
>>40017715
How many calories are in a pound? How many days are there in a week?
>>
>>40017373

Oats are good year-round. As a carb source they are great because they are slow digesting and have lots of fiber to keep you satisfied. It's not impossible to gain weight with them, so using them for bulking sounds reasonable, but I think the "nature's mass gainer" thing probably comes from the fact that oats have lots of protein and nutrients and are cheap and easy to make.
>>
Do you lose a lot on size on your legs when cutting? I need to cut but I also need to buy some new pants and I want them to fit.
I'm closing in on 78kg, thinking about cutting to ~68 over like 5 months or so, not sure yet. I think my thighs measured 26 inches last I checked.
>>
How do I work myself up tpo doing hanging leg raises? I sway too much when I try them
>>
>>40010730
Don't, you might as well kill yourself now
>>
File: chicken.png (23KB, 373x641px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.png
23KB, 373x641px
Is this kind of deli chicken breast a healthy source of protein?
>>
>>40010710
I started at 23 went hardcore for a year trained 3X a week plus stronglifts and 2x a week running. Best shape of my life
>>
Is it normal for 3x12 progressions to take so much longer? I swear I've been stuck on the same weight for 5 sessions now
>>
This might be a weird question but it seriously bugs me. My new gym has a very slippery floor. It's hard to keep my feet balanced on the floor when squatting. Is there anything to put on my soles (oly shoes) to prevent slipping?
>>
>>40018585
It's chicken... just with a lot of salt
>>
>>40018658
yes it's normal
>>
What would be the best routine if I were to do fitness twice a week and kickboxing once? I thought about push/pull with squats, but I could also do full body.
>>
Are those DVD workouts like Insanity and Tapout actually beneficial or good?
>>
>>40018706
Fullbody if only 2x a week
>>
>>40016944
Arnolds blueprint uses them, 10x4 for the first lifts of the day usually
>>
>>40018731
Yeah, they're alright for what its worth
>>
>>40010731
>I hate eating
I miss natural selection
>>
>>40011042
Feel you man! We are the same height and I also went from 170 to be at 205 today.
I'd say increasing ur squat comes down to rest>technique>eating. I was stuck at 135 lbs squat but then I started sleeping atleast 7.5h/night . But I really focused on improving technique. Propper warmup and stretch has helped a ton.

I always do this after lifting.
http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/simple-static-stretching-routine.html
>>
When I make gains on my first compound movement, I usually lose a rep here and there on following exercises. Is this ok?
>>
>>40018585
Too much salt. Try to avoid if possible.

>>40018731
If they get you to actually move your ass then they are good. They are just glorified calisthenics though, keep that in mind.

>>40018658
Try to vary your workouts. One day try 4x9 (same volume) with a slightly heavier weight, for example. A common powerlifter workout involves hitting a movement heavy one day and then the next workout doing it for higher reps. This allows them to build both strength and muscle more effectively.
>>
>>40010689
Real good anon chan try less weight then gradually increase. I like your form
>>
File: 20170114_111401-1.jpg (2MB, 2783x1797px) Image search: [Google]
20170114_111401-1.jpg
2MB, 2783x1797px
Are these good results for one week of work?
>>
>>40019818
They're meaningless. You need months and months for """reliable""" results.
>>
>>40019842
I can't imagine they're completely meaningless. I just want to know if losing 5 lbs of far on top of gaining 2 lbs of muscle is good figure to be shooting for.
>>
>>40019968
They aren't meaningless over a longer term, but your body has normal variances that can count for some of the results you see in just a week, so you probably need more results to see if what you're doing is working
>>
>>40019818
>lose 2% BF, gain 2lb muscle in one week

Yeah no
>>
>>40016357
The one you can stick with. In the long term PushxPullxPushxPullx will give better gains due to more workout days, but an extra rest day from time to time isn't going to kill all your gains.
>>
Been lifting a little over a year, never really ate properly so my lifts went up but I barely notice any muscle gains. Actually started counting calories and have done a clean bulk the past few months and up 6 pounds. When would I start to actually see results?
>>
Asked this in the other thread, but this one seems to be more active.

Can someone help a nigga out? >>40020376
>>
I'm 25, 6'3", and 240 lbs.

Is a 1000 cal deficit sustainable while lifting? I'm trying to simultaneously lose weight and gain muscle so I don't want to stagnate with my lifts. I lift and do cardio every other day. Any reason to stick to a smaller deficit?
>>
>>40021017
>I'm trying to simultaneously lose weight and gain muscle
and you expect to do this at a 1000 calorie deficit?

Spoiler warning, it's not gonna happen. I wouldn't recommend heavy lifting under that heavy of a deficit unless you're still eating 1600-2000 calories a day.
>>
File: 1382820339899.jpg (8KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1382820339899.jpg
8KB, 250x230px
Okay so, calories and noob gains. If a noob ate at maintenance (or a deficit maybe?), would they still put on muscle while accelerating fat loss if overweight?
>>
>>40021316
Forgot to say, this is while lifting.
>>
>>40021244
Thats why I asked...

Also, I am still at that level. a 1000 deficit is still about 2200-2300 calories.
>>
>>40021316
At maintenance, you can still build some muscle and make progress on the typical beginner lifting routines, as well as a deficit to a lesser extent. However, you will not be "accelerating" fat loss, and there will come a point where you stop making lifting progress as quickly or stall out altogether.
>>
>>40010731
I struggled with it a long time buddy. You just have to really push yourself. It gets easier, but only after it gets horrible.
>>
What kind of lifting routine should I do? I'm 6'1 238 pounds.

I don't really want to get big but just lean and look decent. Everyone says SS but i stalled pretty fast on that last time i tried because i'm at a pretty significant deficit (started at 339 pounds).
>>
>>40021357
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>40021344
you're not trying to pretend that you're lifting super heavy, are you? Your sedentary TDEE is 2500. That's where you should be subtracting calories from. Just lifting 3x a week and jogging isn't going to burn an extra 800 cal/day.
>>
>>40021393
Subtracting from sedentary seems stupid and against common sense. Also, I don't see how not being able to lift "super heavy" means that lifting and running magically won't burn calories.

Any non-retards available to give advice?
>>
>>40014708
I had the same lower back issues. I'm not sure what you look like, but my issues came from my height. Since I'm 6'1" I experienced lower back pain from squats until I found a wider stance, and this fixed it. For deadlifts, lower back pain almost always comes from rounding your back. To fix this, , I had to drop my knees much more than a Manley would in order to achieve the natural curve (or straight) spine. Yesterday I pulled 455lbs 5x5 with a straight back and I'm fucking sore today but feel nothing in my lower back
>>
>>40014970
Move around daily, but do not put any strain on your lower back for 2 months
>>
>>40015523
>>40015892
MusclePharm is fucking shit. Look it up
>>
>>40021463
>Subtracting from sedentary seems stupid and against common sense.
listen retard, you don't fucking burn 800 calories from lifting. Those exercise estimators are horrendously inaccurate. Instead, you should figure that every hour of lifting burns roughly 100-150 calories and every hour of running (as-in, non-stop, no breaks to slow down) burns 300-400 calories

Unless you're working construction there's no way you're burning 800 calories a day.

Plus, the reason to subtract from sedentary is because you want to be losing weight even when you're not exercising, right? The exercise calculator is really only useful for someone who has a foundation of muscle strength already.

Don't be fucking stupid.
>>
Can someone explain to me why hamstrings are used in Deadlift. I mean they are obviously a major part of the lift but i cant figure out why. I always thought that glutes controlled the backwards hip movement and hamstrings controlled the back knee movement. Is this not correct? Are they just used for stability?
>>
>>40021571
The bar tips your whole body forward. Going from the bottom up, your hamstrings keep your knees and legs from moving forward, and your glutes activate at the hip to keep your torso from moving forward. They are both primary movers, not just for general stability. Imagine being at the top of the deadlift and slowly lowering the bar. Now imagine everything in your body is fixed except for your knee joint. As you lower the bar, since it's in front of you it produces a torque that works to extend your knee. You don't want this because in that case your torso would need to compensate to get the bar to the floor, so your hamstrings act to keep your knee from extending as you lower the weight. Hope that made sense.
>>
>>40021562
Going to need a source on those numbers.
>>
>>40021744
Intermediate weight lifting sessions will burn about 300-500 calories an hour. If you're not lifting 3pl8 diddly and 2.5 lb squats you're not intermediate. Beginner lifting stuff will burn around 150-200 calories an hour.

Cardio activities burn roughly 100-150 calories per half hour of running.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/228804-how-many-calories-are-burned-during-30-minutes-of-weight-lifting/

Exact number don't exist unless you have an accurate heartrate monitor, and even then it's more of an educated estimate rather than a perfect number.

If you want to lose weight and don't have much muscle, just subtract from your sedentary. You'll be losing over 1.5 lbs a week and getting noob strength. If you eat high enough protein you might even recomp slightly.
>>
>>40021833
Your own link doesn't support what you claim with weightlifting and I can't find a single source that supports your running claim.
>>
>>40021899
If you want to waste your own time and find out you're only burning 200-300 calories a day in a month after you've lost little to no weight, be my guest. I'm not here to debate with a fatass who thinks he know about weight loss.
>>
File: 1390947042800.png (191KB, 318x360px) Image search: [Google]
1390947042800.png
191KB, 318x360px
Is there an opposite of refeeding you have to do for bulking?

Not bulking at the moment, but refeeds have been a godsend for me so I"m curious.
>>
im starting 531 boring but big later this week. there are a couple variations, specifically when you do the 5x10 sets
variation A is doing the 531 set and the BBB set on the same day, like bench and bench
variation B is switching, doing like 531 bench with BBB press
is there any reason to do both on one day? i feel like it would be better to split the two up, especially for later on once the weight starts to increase
tl;dr is there any reason to do more volume of one exercise on one day, or if you do the same volume spread out across 2 sessions is it the same?
>>
>>40010618
Have a long term aspiration to join my country's army reserves, and I recently started MMA. In the warmup, we jog around, then stop and do bodyweight shit light pushups. I can easily bash out 10 perfect form, but it always takes me a lot longer than anybody else, and I can't work out why. This is probably gonna fuck me in the army, since the physical test is literally just a tonne of pushups.

So, is there a way to do them faster? Or some sort of cheat form I should be doing that I don't know about? I basically lower myself than lever myself back up at a constant speed.
>>
File: 1471062140662.png (120KB, 1129x421px) Image search: [Google]
1471062140662.png
120KB, 1129x421px
>>40014842
Here you go anon. /Fit/ made and /fit/ approved.

As for mobility, start with low weight and emphasis on form. If something is off, make sure it's corrected. Also, low weight for dudes is medium weight for girls, so be aware of that.
>>
>>40022178
the best way to get better at push ups is to do push ups, advice on form is to keep elbows tucked in close and just keep moving, that makes it more tricep loaded
if you want a good challenge, try something called the push up push. i cant remember if its a us army or us marine corp thing, but I've done it a few times and every time it works
right now, do as many push ups as you can in a row, thats your baseline. if you can do less than 50 (which i expect), then do this
A - 200 push ups as fast as you can, in as few sets as possible
B - 200 throughout the day
do each of those ABABAB... for 10 days, then wait three days, then on the 14th day do as many as you can in a row, it should be close to if not more than double before. everytime ive done it ive more than doubled, from 20-48, from 28-63, from 26-78 in 2 weeks. after that just do a few sets as many as you can throughout the day and you'll maintain a lot of the progress you made
if you can do more than 50 just to 300 or 400 instead.
>>
>>40022235
Screencapped and will try. I'll report back if I get decent progress. Thanks anon.

Will this fuck me in terms of my lifting? Or do you find that it's easy if bulking?
>>
>>40022287
i ran this a while back with lifting texas method. i always did it after routine on a days and went easy on b days before upper lifting days
it sucks absolute donkey balls when a days line up with bench days, but its doable. just get ready for hurt. i found drinking about a half gallon of milk or a 2 or 3 scoop shake right before bed really helped though.
also, forgot to mention, you cant run these back to back and still double progress, only person i know that did them close to each other took a 6 week break in between and the second time even doing 300 he didnt double again, just a heads up anon
>>
>>40022089
>opposite of a refeed

a 24-hour fast?

if you're bulking, i'm not sure what the point would be
>>
File: 1430148806314.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1430148806314.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>40022388
I figured as much, but I wanted to check. Thanks
>>
Alright here is the deal.

Im somewhat skinny(169cm, 60-65kg) no exercise at all since military service back in 2015.

When i fap and cum i get tired, but really tired and get a weak but noticeable headache.
If i want i can keep going another round or 2 more but i would get tires to the point i wouldn't move in a day.

What is wrong with me, i lack testosterone? My diet is not bad as far as im aware.
Should i just get /fit/??

Why there are 2 /qtddtot/?
>>
I was in the mood for pizza and checked out the site nutrition info.
It says a 9 inch ultra thin crust for a pizza I'm looking at is 44 calories per slice. Does that sound right? Seems low to me.
>>
>>40024263
And to compare, the same pizza but stuffed crust instead of thin crust is 150 calories per slice.
>>
>>40022521
She looks like Kora from avatar
>>
anyone have a link to the imgur with the /fit/ recipes?
>>
how does this look for a basic bulking diet?
Breakfast
-cup o oats with peanut butter banana honey maybe berries or some shit
-4 eggs with cheese
-16oz milk

Lunch 1
-4oz chicken
-2 cups rice
-veggie
-16oz milk

Lunch 2
-4oz chicken
-2 cups pasta with sauce
-fruit
-16oz milk

Dinner
-8oz beef
-some kind of potato
-somethin else?
-16oz milk

Before bed
-mass gainer shake
I've been dirty bulking until now but the time has come for that to change. any advice guys?
>>
>>40013734
I can't remember who said it, but you find a way to work around it if you're serious about lifting.

Do what it takes, pain killers, knee wraps, alternate exercises. Obviously listen to your body, and don't do further harm, but if you use it as an excuse to avoid the gym you've already lost.

Find a way to work around the pain and do every exercise you still can. But RICE first. Missing even a week won't kill you.
>>
>>40017243
Half of it is bad posture because of severe muscle imbalance, other half is lacking muscle to cover up the actual posture.
>>
>>40018258
Everything else first, belly last if male.

If female then ass and legs last
>>
>>40019089
Depends what is important to you. Your main lift or the accessories.
>>
Will stretching give me some height gains?

I'm at a very young age of 18, I know puberty hasn't ended cause my dad and grandads stopped growing around 20. How to ensure maximum genetic potential?
>>
>>40020557
You are aware that there are other things in your body besides muscle and fat, right?

Like water weight alone can swing your weight by 2lb easily from day to day.
>>
I can't get barbell rows. I've been doing them for like six months now and I'm still stuck on 135. 'bout to fail it for a third time again on Monday and drop down to 120, which sucks as it's annoying putting on less than one plate.

Any tips or suggestions or obvious mistakes I might be making? I got above 135 before, but I realized when I was up to like 150 that I was putting my hips into the motion, meaning I was cheating like all hell.
>>
>>40025420
No, stretching wont help
You might be able to get an inch from wearing insoles
>>
>>40025182
>the time has come for that to change
Why? If you're young and exercising frequently, dirty bulking shouldn't be too hard on your body.

And looking at that list of food well, it certainly sounds like a lot, but the entrees are all rather low on calories. Altogether you're looking at, what, 3k calories, maybe less?
>>
>>40025182
Seems like way more protein than necessary. Also how many calories are you bulking on, what's your maintenance? I would add some green veggies to your diet so you don't die of colon cancer by the time you're 30.
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.